Register

<< First3132333435Last >>
Author Topic:
Medium Matt
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello...
on: November 05, 2014 11:23
Name (Medium) Matt - the medium part is from when there were several Matt's about & people needed a way of differentiating us.

Age 42

Gender Male

Where are you from (country/state)? UK

How did you find CoE? Random Google search whilst looking for information on Elves.

What are your hobbies and interests? Reading, playing LOTRO, being bossed about by our 5 cats

Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? Read both, seen the film versions of LOTR. I don't remember reading (or having read to me) The Hobbit first time around, it's a story which seems to have been in my memory for as long as I can remember. My first attempt at reading The Lord of the Rings was at junior school (so aged 11 or younger) & I got muddled with the names. Still never managed to read The Silmarillion through but I've just ordered a fresh copy so hopefully this time around I'll manage it.

Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? None spring to mind. I'm hoping to learn at least the basics of Elvish but time will tell...
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Matt! Enjoy CoE!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Matt! Glad to have you here.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello Matt, welcome on board. Enjoy your membership and the site!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome, Matt! I hope you have a wonderful time here!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
MaegdenMorille
Council Member
Send Message
Name: Mori is all fine and dandy, its already a bit of a nickname with friends as is
Where are you from? Im in northern California, kinda hoping to find some people in the same area actually.
How did you find CoE? I honestly cant remember, I found it ages back somehow but never really stuck around to it. Took forever to remember the name this time around.
What are your hobbies and interests? Looots of things. I pretty much have an interest in just about anything! Especially things of the crafty persuasion.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I've seen the extended editions of the LOTR and The Hobbit in theaters. Never could really get through the books much to my chagrin, although I plan to try yet again soon. Oddly enough, The Silmarillion actually managed to hold my attention long enough to read a good portion and skim the rest ages ago. I like hearing about all of them though, and I've learned a lot from fanfiction.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? Nope! Seems pretty clear to me thankfully!

Nice to meet you all!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Matt and Mori, Welcome to CoE
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Mori!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello MaegdenMorille, welcome to the Council of Elrond! I can only advise you to have a look at the books, you'll regret having waited so long . If you need some 'help' to keep reading until you get through, you can always share the experience with other members in the books forum .
Enjoy your membership!
Lynk
Council Member
Send Message
Name/ eneth: Lynk
Age/ idhrinn cenon: tadchean a vin (21)
Gender/ Anu egor inu?: anu (male)
Where are you from?/ Mas o?: Switzerland
How did you find CoE?/ Manen radannen na CoE?
Anírnen pedi Sindarin a genon i internet.
I wanted to speak Sindarin and so I looked on the internet.
What are your hobbies and interests? Man ceron adh’lass? (What do you do with joy/ pleasure?)
tiriad “Films” , teliad telîn, teithad pennais
Watching Films, playing games, writing stories
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? Hennen egor/ a dirannen i 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit'?
Tiriel, henniel, a víliel!
Watched, read and loved!
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? Boe aliaradog len CoE?
Samon ù-boe, gin hannon!
I don’t think so. Thank you!

Mae g’ovannen!
De andelu ervenin! Mabo i grist hen. It's dangerous to go alone! Take this sword!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Lynk! Glad to have you on board.
HellenaMaezono
Council Member
Send Message
Err... hi?
Though I'm not a child anymore, I'm not just new to CoE, I'm new to everything related to Tolkien's world... I got into it barely a week ago, and even though I find myself in a few troubles with keeping up with the, err... "new developments", I can't seem to be able to stop!

Nᴀᴍᴇ: Hellena, but I prefer Lena
Aɢᴇ: 22
Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀ: Female
Cᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ: Italy

I found out about CoE by mere chance, and I'm happy it happened: I think I was either looking for fanfictions or Sindarin references, but as soon as I ended up here and I read the description of the site I thought, "Whoa, this goes straight into my favourites!".

I'm a young, silly girl who enjoys writing and drawing, though lately I haven't been very productive; I only got a lot of headaches due to a lot of dilemmas concerning LOTR/The Hobbit.
Yeah... I can get quite obsessed over specific stuff. And not in a positive way

I really wish I could read the books right away, but it looks like I have to wait until better days will come... yeah.
For now, the only references I have are the movies and other fans who enjoy to share their knowledge

About finding my way around... yes? No? I don't know, I just hope I'll be able to find someone as obsessed as me because, well... in that case it means I'm not the only one rowing this boat!

Toodles!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Lynk & Lena! Enjoy CoE!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Wow, so many newbies joining these past days/hours! Welcome HellenaMaezono.
I think I know what you mean with obsessing in a not so positive way . Seems to be one of my traits too sadly. But don't worry, with all the info we have on the site and all our members to discuss stuff with (e.g. in the books and movies forums), you'll have plenty of help figuring it out. If you want some tips on how to get round on the site, have a look at the newbies introduction guide. It should be able to set you on your way. But don't hesitate to ask stuff (in the forums or through private message). I'll be happy to help where I can .
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! So glad to have y'all here!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
HellenaMaezono
Council Member
Send Message
Awww, thank you so much, everyone!!
gondolinian said: "I think I know what you mean with obsessing in a not so positive way Seems to be one of my traits too sadly. But don't worry, with all the info we have on the site and all our members to discuss stuff with (e.g. in the books and movies forums), you'll have plenty of help figuring it out."
Thanks gondolinian, it comforts me to know that I'm not alone, heheh... ^^;
Mironiel_EA
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, my name(elvish) is Mironiel Uial-Faroth. But you can just call me Mir. I have read LOTR, TH, The Sil, and Unfinished Tales. I love the movies. I am a girl, and i'd love to met other LOTR crazy ppl. I also write fanfics.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Mir! So glad to have you here with us!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings Mir! Enjoy your membership!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Mironiel_EA, welcome to CoE! Lots of crazy people around, so have fun!
MaegdenMorille
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And welcome to those new as well

gondolinian said:Hello MaegdenMorille, welcome to the Council of Elrond! I can only advise you to have a look at the books, you'll regret having waited so long . If you need some 'help' to keep reading until you get through, you can always share the experience with other members in the books forum .
Enjoy your membership!

Thanks for the great idea! I just requested the books at my local library, so hopefully they'll get here soon and I can finally do what I've been meaning to for ages haha.
thali-h
Council Member
Send Message
Post NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: November 21, 2014 01:34

Hey all!! I just thought I'd pop on by and introduce myself!

My name is Thali, but I prefer the nickname Ovi
I won't reveal my age, but I am a girl
My homeland is the United States
CoE is just something I stumbled upon while browsing various LotR websites lol
Now for my hobbies: I absolutely LOVE reading and writing (I've got a couple of stories), I've got a horse and love riding him. (His name is Gus) Acting is another thing that I love, and live roleplaying/roleplaying is another thing I enjoy immensely.
I've seen all the LotR and tH movies, and I own them all. I've also read all the books except for Return of the King, and Tolkien's other works.

Thanks all!
~Thali
~Thali
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Ovi! Is that you and Gus in your avatar?

We have a Writer's thread and several Roleplays in the forums, so feel free to visit.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Thali/Ovi! Great to have you here with us!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Thali, glad to have you on board. Enjoy your membership!
Maxzaea
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all!
My name is Mathilde. I’m 22 year old and French (nobody is perfect )
I have discovered the LOTR several years ago, thanks to Peter Jackson movies. I have read LOTR, the Hobbit, the Silmarillion and the Unfinished Tales and I am fascinated with Tolkien’s world.

I discovered that site by searching a Tolkien community and people to speak to about Tolkien & Middle earth because I know nobody in my country who share that growing passion.

My interests are reading (obviously) and writing. I am particularly fond of French literature and I am slowly discovering the English literature’s treasures. I also have great interest in history, and especially French one (I am a bit chauvinist. I promise I will try not to be annoying with that. And if I am, I allow you to threw rocks on me (but very small one please )

I am terrible when it comes to introduce myself, thanks for reading that boring introduction!

(By the way, I made a mistake while uploading my avatar. I can't add one anymore, since I have that message: Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profile-builder-pro/premium/functions/premium.functions.load.php on line 132. How can I fix that ? )

[Edited on 11/22/2014 by Maxzaea]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Maxzaea, welcome to CoE! Thanks for that lengthy introduction, that's how we like them . And don't worry, we won't throw rocks. I might get out the pitchfork and torch when needed though...

We've had some issues in the past with our Accounts pages, but I'm not sure that's the reason why you get the error. Perhaps try clearing all browser history and cookies and try uploading another avatar? Let me know if it helped.
Maxzaea
Council Member
Send Message
Thank your for your warm welcome !
I tried your suggestion, it didn't work... I'll just wait and see. I will be the one without avatar !
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Maxzaea! It's wonderful to have you here with us.
LalaithThaliondil
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, I'm Lalaith. I found this site because I was looking to learn Sindarin. This seems like a great place for a Tolkien fan, so I think I'll stick around and explore a bit. I'm shy of strangers, so I don't feel ready to introduce myself properly yet, but I do have one little question: Is the email address I put in to create my account visible to anyone else on the site? I couldn't find that information anywhere. Thanks.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Lalaith, welcome to CoE. To learn Sindarin, you've come to the right place! No need to be shy here, we're a friendly bunch . And no, that email address isn't visible. Your privacy is well protected here . Enjoy the site!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Lalaith! So glad to have you here!
Sarniel
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone,

I am a girl 20 years of age, from Slovenia, and I've been a Tolkien fan since primary school and have read most of his books, even the ones not Middle Earth related (like The legend of Sigurd and Gudrun etc). I've always been fascinated by his ability to create such a complete new world with almost all the aspects of a real place.

I stumbled upon this site because I finally decieded to learn Elvish in order to understand how that brilliant lingustic mind of his worked. I'm currently thinking of starting with Quenya and taking on Sindarin later.

A bit more about me: I'm studying mechanical engineering (some us just can't seem to get through the Lego phase ) and my interests include reading, travelling, learning new languages (including programming) and flamenco dancing.

Elen síla lúmenn’ omentielvo!

[Edited on 11/24/2014 by Sarniel]
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Sarniel, welcome! You'll find many fellow students of Elvish in the languages forum. Woot woot for engineering and the Lego phase! Never too old for any of that. If only we could find a way to create more time for all that fun. I never seem to get around to programming any more for instance, but luckily that doesn't seem to apply to you .
Enjoy your membership, don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Maxsaea! French history is very interesting. I am studying the French Revolution and I find it interesting. The Huguenot wars are my favorite

Welcome Lalaith! Gondolinian is right, we are some friendly people

Greetings Sarniel! Programing...fun...I am taking some online courses!
<< First3132333435Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email