Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3233343536Last >>
Author Topic:
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Sarniel! So glad to have you here with us!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
IthilwenTalron
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone!

My name is Ithilwen and I am a 22 year old female from South Africa... I found CoE while searching the internet for places to learn Elvish. I have a passion for languages and CoE looked like a good place to start with Elvish.

My hobbies are mainly reading, writing and watching anime. Also, I love learning!

Yes! Watched all the movies, read all the books... I do marathons of (movies and books) every few months...

Anyway, I hope I get to meet some interesting people here!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hi Ithilwen (so many newbies these past days!), welcome to CoE. Enjoy your membership and our site, we've got a great and friendly community.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
rowwolf
Council Member
Send Message
Hi guys, Im 16 from the USA. I am currently studying Elvish and found this site. I love it so far!!
Image  photo VaireCorrupted4ab_zps053f3744.png
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello rowwolf, welcome to our site!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Ithilwen and rowwolf! So glad to have y'all here with us!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all Newbies! welcome to CoE. It is good to see a lot of New users sign up. They come from everywhere Servants of Sauron lol I mean fans of Tolkien
BriTheElf
Council Member
Send Message
Hi I'm Bri. I'm also new. Just started the Sindarin workbook, and I'm having a lot of fun. I'm only eighteen but my dream is that by the time I graduate college I'll be as "fluent" as possible in both Sindarin and Quenya.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Newbies!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Bri, welcome! Good luck with the Elvish lessons.
curka
Council Member
Send Message
Post A simple hello
on: November 27, 2014 01:33
Hi everyone. The name is Curka and I am twenty one year old from North America. I came to the Council while I was looking for a place to learn Elvish. Currently I work two jobs and therefore am very busy. C'est la vie. I spend my free time with various activities like writing (both scripts and novels), acting, playing video games, hanging with friends and just being out in nature. I am a mixture of an extrovert and introvert and am comfortable just about anywhere you stick me. I love meeting new people so fell free to send me a message or ask me any questions you have.
The divine in me acknowledges the divine in you.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Curka, welcome to CoE. Glad to have you with us!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! Great to have y'all here with us.
kerno_baggins
Council Member
Send Message
I have returned to the site after several years away under a similar name. My interest in the new hobbit movies leaf to me reading the book(again) and the lotr. Which had lead me back here. A lot has changed, but i look forward to talking to true fans of Tolkien and his works.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome all newbies and returning members!! Enjoy the site!!
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome back, kerno! So glad to have you here with us.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Kerno_Baggins, welcome back. I'll contact our accounts admin, we only allow one account per member.
Don't worry, some things haven't changed, and many people from back then are still around as well .
kerno_baggins
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah i couldn't log in with my old account. No big deal
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! I hope you all have a fantastic time here!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome and welcome back newbies!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
generic hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! I just started Sindarin studies and decided to get an acount, so I could be one of you officially. So hello!
Pint? They come in pints?!? "Yes. What size do hobbits normally get?" Gallons.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello generic_hobbit, welcome to the site. Perhaps you can tell our members a little bit more about yourself? For inspiration, have a look at the first post of this thread.
Good luck with Elvish!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome gerneric hobbit! So glad to have you here with us!
CelebrianTelemnar
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hi there!
on: December 08, 2014 05:50
Hi there! My Elvish name is Celebriän Telemnar and I currently reside in The United States. I'm sixteen and due to my schedule between school and other ongoings i can be very busy at times, but usually I have at least a little time to spare. I just joined CoE a few hours ago after stumbling upon the page while searching for elvish language translations, dictionaries, etc. to try and begin teaching myself the beauteous and melodic language. I'm really excited to be a part of your community and meet new people and learn new things! I am still new to all this though, so please, be patient with me! Thanks!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Gerneric Hobbit and Celbrian Telemnar!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Celebrian Telemnar, welcome to CoE! You've come to the right place to learn Elvish, check out our language workbooks . Have fun!
afuglytruth
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all!

I've always wanted to learn Elvish. And this fall, i've had the most amazing opportunity to learn Old English. It was for one of my classes and I have to say, it was the best thing that happened to me all session. I was glad I added on that extra class.

There isn't much to say about myself besides the fact that I may be lazy, but when it comes to languages, I just love to learn. Though I do have one question: would Elvish have any resemblances to Old English? Seeing as to how Tolkien was very fond of the dead language itself.

I love to write and read and I can't wait to get started on my Elvish!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello afuglytruth, welcome on board! Good luck with Elvish, our site's resources will definitely help you. I suggest you ask the question about Old English and Elvish in the Languages Forum. That's the place to go for anything about languages, more chance of having an interesting discussion about it there .
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! So glad to have y'all here with us.
Jens Hansen ... The Ring Maker
Council Member
Send Message
Post Maker of The One Ring
on: December 11, 2014 06:35
Hi

So, The Hobbit - The Battle of Five Armies is now out (in most places around the world). We are going next week. Have any of you gone yet?

Halfdan Hansen
Ilmare649
Council Member
Send Message
Ur, good morning everyone! And by this I mean it is a morning to be good on. Even if it's not morning where you are, it's morning somewhere.

I wanted to learn Elvish, so here I am. I look forward to having a lot of fun discussions with other Tolkien fans!
It was purely a Bywater joke to refer to it as Sharkey's End.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Newbies! Enjoy CoE!
Baldwin
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone!I'm Bill from Greece and i'm 18 years old.Like most of the people here i discovered CoE trying to find a place to learn Sindarin.I have to tell you i love it!The lessons are great.I also love it beacause i found people from every corner of the world that love LoTR!Anyway good morning(It's 11 am here)
Fly you fools!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone! So glad to see so many new people! Welcome, welcome, welcome! @Jens, no, I have not yet seen it (it is coming out on the 17th here), but we are planning to go see it in the theater on the 20th. But, the introduction thread is no place to discuss this (we have other discussion threads here on CoE, so you could probably talk about it there). See you all around the site!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Jens Hansen ... The Ring Maker, Ilmare649 and Baldwin. Glad to have you with us.

Jens, perhaps it's best to take such questions to the movies forum, as they don't really belong in the introductions thread (as Mellwen mentioned as well). You're welcome to post some more info about yourself and how you found the site here though.

Have fun learning Elvish all of you, enjoy your membership!

<< First3233343536Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email