Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3738394041Last >>
Author Topic:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello and welcome MagnusAlex, glad to have you on board. To get some help from other Elvish students, head over to the Elvish forums. You won't find yourself alone there . But of course the main resource to learn Sindarin is the Sindarin course in the language section. Good luck!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Tari Coamenel
Council Member
Send Message
Mae g'ovannen!

My name is Tari Coamenel, an 8th grade reading teacher from Texas. I started my love affair with Tolkien's works at the age of ten. I teach the Hobbit and my students leave my class able to write their first and last name in Quenya just because! My hobbies are reading, writing and oddly enough research. Pretty excited about this.

[Edited on 02/12/2015 by Tari Coamenel]
“I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the Ages of this world alone.” – Arwen
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi there Tari Coamenel, welcome to CoE! Enjoy your membership.
MiruvorForTheDead
Council Member
Send Message
Hello my name is Alejandro,

I'm an 18 year old Colombian student and I first met Tolkien's work when I was eleven. I've read the LoTR trilogy in spanish, however I started reading it in english some time ago and got interested in learning Quenya and writing it in Tengwar.

I also bought an old copy of the Silmarillion in english in order to improve my english level, for it's not my native language.

Learning Quenya has been very gratifying and the community is great.

Namárië

[Edited on 02/14/2015 by MiruvorForTheDead]
"One ring to the dark lord's hand sitting on his throne, in a land so dark where i have to go" -Blind Guardian, The Lord of the Rings
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi there Alejandro, welcome to CoE! You've come to the right place to learn Elvish, our workbooks are renowned far and wide . Good luck!
Sesilien Veriel Elrill
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen, my full name Sesilien Veriel Elrill, but i usually go by Veriel.

I am fifteen years old and although at the moment i live in Russia i was born in North Carolina and sometimes our family goes there. i love art and attend an art school, art is my life. i'm not insane but i sometimes forget that i'm human and refer to myself as an elf. i also love reading.

Novaer
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Sesilien Veriel Elrill, welcome to CoE. Enjoy your membership!
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
hello. I used to come on this site years ago and missed it. I thought I would join again
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Shitab
Council Member
Send Message
To. Learn. Elvish. That's the goal. Because it's an amazing language
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi autistic cupcake and Shitab. Welcome to Coe.

Autistic cupcake, did you used to have a different username? If so, please send our accounts admin (gwendeth) a pm. She'll block (and eventually delete) your old account, as we only allow one account per member. Welcome back though!

Shitab, perhaps you can tell our members a little bit more about yourself? Your post looks more like the reply to a question than an introduction .
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
gondolinian said:Hi autistic cupcake and Shitab. Welcome to Coe.

Autistic cupcake, did you used to have a different username? If so, please send our accounts admin (gwendeth) a pm. She'll block (and eventually delete) your old account, as we only allow one account per member. Welcome back though!

Shitab, perhaps you can tell our members a little bit more about yourself? Your post looks more like the reply to a question than an introduction .

I have no idea what my old username was. it had the word mint in it though. I mostly just posted in the realms and it seams no one dose that any more that's the whole reason I came back
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Hi y'all,my name is elfmaiden, and Im a new member of CoE. I live in Florida in the USA,and I want to learn Quenya, so that is my goal on this site!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome elfmaiden77, glad to have you with us.

Autistic cupcake, it's true that the realms are quieter than they used to be, although it also depends on which Realm you're in. No better way to get things going than to post yourself .
Tennil
Council Member
Send Message
Hi there!
I'm a college student from the US studying Visual Studies, concentrating in Neuroscience and Philosophy of Vision. I also love Linguistics and I do design work part-time. I want to learn Sindarin, and it will be slow due to school, but I want to keep working at it~
I'm trying to get my friend to learn with me too so we be super cool and no one around us will understand us :3

I also really want to design a layout for the language workbooks. I sent an email about it through the Contact Us page a few months ago.... But anyways, yeah, HI~!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome to CoE Tennil! Glad to have you on board. Good luck with learning Sindarin!
I presume the 'contact us' page sends a mail to our site owner, who's been rather busy in real life and hence often absent of the site. So you might have to be patient before you get a reply .
Tennil
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you!

Ah, okay.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome new council members

[Edited on 02/25/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
lalala
Council Member
Send Message
Hi!I'm lalala and i'm still in high school.I'm here to learn Quenya.I love this incredible and fascinating language!But actually,English has been a big problem for me(Yes,I'm not a English speaker.)So i'd be glad if anyone would like to help!
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Welcome to CoE lalala, don't worry we will all help you with English. Just join in and have fun.
mihaela
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, my name is Mariana.I´ve joined this group to learn languages and meet people like me.It´s a bit hard because english is not my native language and my real life friends don´t share my love for Tolkien. I hope I´ll find my way round here cause it looks to me like a cool place to spend some time.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello lalala and mihaela, welcome to CoE!

Lalala, if you like, you can post in the Language forums and ask for a studdy buddy. If you mention your native language, perhaps there's another 'student' of Quenya who knows your mother tongue and can help you .

I'll give you the same tip, mihaela, if you're interested .
Varyalener
Council Member
Send Message
Aiya ilquen!
(Hello everyone!)

I'm Varyalener (this is my Quenya name, and I hope it's not wrong). I'm male and live in Brazil (by the way, I guess there are not many brazilians here, if any). I had an old account here in CoE, but it's not valid anymore thus I made a new one and signed in again. So, I'm not really a newbie (just with this new account), though I can't remember introducing myself in this thread before... . I was away from CoE for a while, but I'm coming back again. I've read The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit, and loved them both, specially TLotR, and hope I find the time to read The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales soon. My interest is mostly elvish language, and now I can retake my learning. Almost all stuff on elvish is in english, so I know the task is not so easy for me as for people who have english as mother-language, but it's worth the effort (elvish is so cool!). And everybody at CoE's staff, including the languages staff, congratulations and thanks for this great site!

[Edited on 03/01/2015 by Varyalener]
Lindanen lassis, laurië lassis. Ar tás altaner laurië lassi.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi there Varyalener, welcome back to CoE!
Marianna baggins
Council Member
Send Message
hi! my name is magdalena and i am 14 years old, and i live in middle-earth (i wish!) i live in Jacksonville FL, and i am a girl as you may have guessed(: and i found CoE because i wanted to learn Elvish!!! and i have read the Hobbit and watched the lord of the rings movies several times, and i am about to read LOTR!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE newbies! I hope you all enjoy your time here!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello there Marianna Baggins, welcome to CoE !. Enjoy your membership.
Izanami
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello!
on: March 03, 2015 07:01
Hello, i wanted learn some elvish since 2010 but i could not find a good site, and this is the best, i dont know english fine, and it will be hard to try learn other language by another that i cant, but well, i love the elves everywhere, and sindarin is the most knowed elvish language.

Ni 'lassui!

[Edited on 03/03/2015 by Izanami]
Tsʉkīmi Ʌmatɛrasu Ishnu-dal-dieb Elune-Adore!.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi there Izanami, welcome to CoE. You've come to the right place to learn Elvish, you'll be in good company!
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
HI!
I'm a new member from Hawaii. I love the books and the LOTR and Hobbit movies. They are all great, so I wanted to talk to other Middle Earth fans. For the record, my favorite character is Frodo, my favorite places are the Shire, and Rivendell, my favorite songs are pretty much all of them!
~Estelanor
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Elen sila lumenn omentielvo!

I live in an island in the Western Seas, and I am one year younger than Eowyn. My name means Star Spirit Maiden, and the espesse is, well it has to do with one of my favorite characters. All my knowledge of Elvish comes from the appendices, so I hope that is reasonably correct. I have loved Middle Earth ever since my family read it together when I was 14, and I recently saw the movies and loved them too. I read the Silmarillion and the Unfinished Tales last year, and have read The Lost Tales this year. I plan on reading all the History of Middle Earth. I am coming to the conclusion that I may be transpecies, that is, I was born human but am part elf or hobbit in spirit!

I first visited this website to look for The Battle of Five Armies discussions, and quickly fell in love! I really appreciate the civility. I am excited to come here to hang out with my kind of people. My goals include learning some Quenya, and learning to sing all the songs!
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Estelanor of the Shire and Elfeawen Lomiondil, glad to have you on board! Enjoy the site .
LareowNorthan
Council Member
Send Message
Salutations from the North! Well, the Washington DC area, but I suppose that is North to approximately half of the world geographically . I am LareowNorthan which loosely translated from Old English means "Teacher of the North". Here, however, I hope to be as much of a student as a teacher. In hopes of learning Sindarin and Quenyan. I was directed to this site by ImAravilui as a place to learn the elven languages, so that I am prepared for her Hobbit party. I am especially excited to see the interactive workbook. I will be looking into the Role Playing section of the site as well.
Sindarin: No i brestanneth anírach tírad vi amar Enlgish: Be the change you wish to see in the world
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome LareowNorthan, to CoE! Enjoy, we've got plenty of things to keep you busy .
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
LareowNorthan said:Salutations from the North! Well, the Washington DC area, but I suppose that is North to approximately half of the world geographically . I am LareowNorthan which loosely translated from Old English means "Teacher of the North". Here, however, I hope to be as much of a student as a teacher. In hopes of learning Sindarin and Quenyan. I was directed to this site by ImAravilui as a place to learn the elven languages, so that I am prepared for her Hobbit party. I am especially excited to see the interactive workbook. I will be looking into the Role Playing section of the site as well.

Mae govannen LareowNorthan! Hope to see you around!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to see another Role Player! Welcome to you, LareowNorthan,and the rest of the newbies!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
<< First3738394041Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email