Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3839404142Last >>
Author Topic:
Eryniell
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I'm Eryniel, I'm from the United States. I've read LotR and the Hobbit more times than I can count, and I spend many evenings watching the movies. I Mainly made this account because I am in the process of learning Sindarin, which is going pretty well for me so far! My hobbies consist of reading, writing, baking, and skiing! (But mainly reading and writing.)
Just happy to finally be around a bunch of Tolkien fans.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello Eryniell, welcome to CoE! Good luck learning Sindarin, you're in good company . Enjoy!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome to CoE all newbies.
Iamananorak
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! I'm Iamananorak, from the Frozen North region of the USA. I'm mainly here to learn Quenya, but might be interested in some RPGing later. I love reading and writing, watching films, playing instruments, and running. I would love to talk to you at some point but school can sometimes get a bit cray, so I may not respond as fast as you want.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Iamanaorak, welcome to CoE! You've come to the right place to learn Elvish. Enjoy your membership and have fun!
Eryniell
Council Member
Send Message
Just curious, I'm looking through the forums and I noticed that a lot of the threads have not been updated for a while. Does anyone know what the most active threads are?
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Eryniell, every forum will display the threads in the order of 'most recent activity', from newest post to oldest. Just look at the rightmost column, titled 'last post'. So it's easy to see which ones have been recently posted in.

As to which ones are most active: almost every forum has a few active threads, it all depends on what you like most as topic. In the games forum there are several active game-threads, but if general chit-chat is your thing you can take a look in the Prancing Pony forum, etc.

We do clean up our forums but we don't tend to throw old threads away, so you'll be able to find threads of a while ago as well as recent ones.
ic.Sidhiel
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Everyone... I am Sidhiel in Canada and so glad that I have found this great and serious website. I have recently started to learn Sindarin. This website has a wonderful learning tool/workbook. I would like to make some online study buddies here as well.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Sidhiel, welcome to CoE! Good luck with Sindarin. For studdy buddies you can go to the Elvish forums.
Aranel Eruanwen16
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I am Aranel Eruanwen I am from the USA and I am so glad I found this website/forum!! I have been searching a long while for a great LOTR site and I am so glad I that I found this one I can't wait to chat with people on here and start learning Quenya!

Take care,

~Aranel Eruanwen~
“For I am the daughter of Elrond. I shall not go with him when he departs to the Havens: for mine is the choice of Luthien, and as she so have I chosen, both the sweet and the bitter.” ~Arwen
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, everyone! Hope to see you all around!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tdead1
Council Member
Send Message
Hi guys, thought I should at least give a reply here. I'm from Europe, have read LOTR, and am very interested in learning Sindarin and Quenya. I've played a lot of D&D too, read all D&D guides and stuff, and am currently participating in a D&D group following a storyline in the setting of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

As I said, I would like to learn (including typing/writing, for that matter) Quenya and Sindarin. I do have one issue though: the fonts for the Tengwar are no longer downloadable. Does anyone have a spare link?

[Edited on 03/26/2015 by tdead1]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Aranel Eruanwen16 and tdead1, welcome to CoE. Enjoy your memberships and have fun!
CanieCurulambiel
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! My name is Cánië Arnapelerë Curulambiel -- but I have a question about that: How do I pronounce the stressed "I" in "canie"?? Or is the stress on the "A"?? :S

Anyways, I'm a seventeen-year old from Texas, USA. I found CoE from a Google search for Quenya help, and thank goodness I did!

I'm generally interested in a lot of things, but namely they are as follows: crafts, art, music of all enjoyable kinds, fictional/fantastical literature, and other such things.

I have not yet read LOTR, but I intend to as soon as I finish with the Harry Potter series (halfway through Year 4)! However, I have read the Hobbit and seen the movies for both Hobbit and LOTR, in addition to the Hobbit cartoon from the '70s (which, honestly, I enjoyed far more than the movies...).

Anyway, I hope to have figured out my way around the site and the Quenya workbook bit, since I'm aiming to RennFaire with my friend as two of the Valar, talking with others in Old English and talking between ourselves in Quenya :3
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Hello newbies, and enjoy your time on CoE. Please remember that this thread is for introductions only - all questions on Elvish and Elvish multimedia (fonts) should be posted in our Elvish forums. Our Elvish mods will not find them here.

[Edited on 04/01/2015 by ~nólemë~]
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello CanieCurulambiel, welcome to CoE.
As nólémë mentioned, questions about Elvish are better asked in the Elvish forums . Thanks for introducing yourself though! Sounds like fun, your plans for RennFaire. Enjoy .
HalfElf558
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all,
I'm not quite new here, was around sometime from 2006/09, but got persuaded to rejoin and though hey, why not. So here I am .

I'm halfelf558, mostly known as Steph . I'm 23 and from Nottingham in the UK. I'm currently studying the awesome course that is Design for Film and TV at NTU - a course I'd recommend to anyone wanting to go into Production Design as a career =D ahem, I'll shut up about that now XD

My love of Lord the Rings and Tolkien's work is something I grew up with since the age of 11. Even helped me start writing my own novels, in fact, my main character started off as a Lotr OC XD

My other interests include films and tv, art and design, aviation, writing, motorbikes, archery and anything fantasy.

gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi there HalfElf558, welcome back! It's always good to see an old member return.
Do you by any chance remember your old user account? I presume you made a new one, but we only allow one account per member. So we can close down the old one or help you regain access to it if you want and remove the new one.
Enjoy the site, glad to have you on board again!
HalfElf558
Council Member
Send Message
gondolinian said:Hi there HalfElf558, welcome back! It's always good to see an old member return.
Do you by any chance remember your old user account? I presume you made a new one, but we only allow one account per member. So we can close down the old one or help you regain access to it if you want and remove the new one.
Enjoy the site, glad to have you on board again!

Thanks unfortunately I don't remember my old username (I have a memory like a seive) hence why I started this new account ^^;. However I think it may have been something along the lines of anutar or ladyanutar. and thanks again for the welcome ^_^
SabarielBeriadanwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey! I'm Sabariel, which means mine. I chose it because it is the same meaning as my real name XP. My last name is Beriadanwen, which means protector of men. Not only does that describe me, it is the same meaning as my middle name. There's a pattern there... I came across this site when I decided to learn elvish about twenty minutes ago and I wanted to join because it looked fun. I LOVE LOTR (along with other various fandoms and chocolate) and Tolkein's writing. I enjoy reading, animals, hiking up mountains, and birds of prey. I would like to be a vet when I grow up (lol tmi but deal with it) and specialize in Ornithology by day, and write by night. Sorry if I seem boring, but I'm tired and usually I am way more exciting than this. Anyway, that's me!!! XD
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Sabariel, welcome to CoE! Enjoy your membership and good luck learning Elvish.
TurienAraniel
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone!

My name is Turien Araniel, which is (as I believe) a translation of my real name. I have a great passion for everything what Tolkien's literature stands for, however "I don't know half of it half as well as I should like..." and that is mostly why I came to this site

I am 17 and I live in the Czech Republic (so sorry if my English isn't correct ). I am that "curious about everything" kind of person, with a special interest in biology, literature, history and languages - also would love to learn Sindarin and of course meet some great people to share my interest in good stories of Middle-Earth

gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi TurienAraniel, welcome to CoE . Your English is just fine, don't worry! You've come to the right place to learn Elvish, there are many other 'students' on our site to talk to (and help you out if need be). Enjoy!
Emenite14
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!
Just a little introduction . I'm from The Midlands in England and I'm currently undertaking a PhD in palaeobotany (fossil plants). I seem to be in the right place to learn Sindarin!
One thing I've learned is never be the first one to put your hand in a viscous material.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi there Emenite14, welcome to CoE! You've found the best spot on the internet indeed, when it comes to learning Elvish. You're in good company. Enjoy the site and good luck with the lessons!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! It's great having y'all here with us!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
DragonbeforeTime
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie and my name is DragonbeforeTime. I was recommended to come here by a friend who learned Elvish here. I taught myself to write Adunaic, a previous language to the Common Language in the LOTR. I love to sing the songs anything Elvish, though I don't know whether I'm pronouncing it right. I can't wait to improve my Elvish by learning along with other people here. And...that's all for now!
~DragonbeforeTime~

[Edited on 04/25/2015 by DragonbeforeTime]
~Time was lost.~
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi there DragonbeforeTime, welcome on board! Have fun on our site .
-Suliel-
Council Member
Send Message
Mae l'ovannen!
My name is Súliel, I’m an 22 years old female elf. I live in a forest in the north of Sweden.
I love the nature, it’s so beautiful and has so many treasures. I love all the beauty that’s in the nature; stones, trees, the sounds of streaming water, singing birds, the sun rising in the morning~
My name, Súliel, means “daughter of wind”. I think it fits me quite good, because I really love the wind and I feel that I have some kind of connection with it. I love when the wind blows through my hair, I feel so free!
Sometimes I can control the wind, I can change the direction of it and start a wind, but I can’t make it stop yet, I have to practice on that…
I like to sing, it’s so nice to express feelings through music. I also like to sew, mostly making clothes.
Other things I like are animals, play games, draw pictures, learn languages, spend time with my family and friends.

I mainly came to this site to learn Sindarin. But I’m sure I’ll find many other things that I like with this site too, it seems to be lovely!
I’ve just started to learn Sindarin, and I love it already!

Btw, my sister is a hobbit~ Really!

~ Súliel

[Edited on 04/29/2015 by -Suliel-]
Be kind and feel your heart smile ♥
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Súliel, welcome to CoE! I hope you enjoy your time here.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome to CoE Suliel, glad to have you on board! You've come to the right place to learn Elvish, but indeed we have so much more to offer. So enjoy!
ErulasseAranel
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, I'm Erulasse Aranel from the Southern US (but I come from the North and I wish I was back there...) I came to this site because it seemed a reliable source to find certain basic Sindarin words I want to learn, but I'm really excited now to join a Realm and get involved in a community of fellow Tolkien fans ^u^. My other main fandom is Harry Potter (can't decide which is better...) and my hobbies are reading, writing, and playing Minecraft. I haven't yet joined a Realm, but I will most likely be part of Vaire when I figure out how to access what I need to. I've read The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings series, The Silmarillion, and The Children of Hurin, each once so far. However, I plan to reread when I am on many, many planned trips this summer.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello ErulasseAranel, welcome to CoE! Have fun on the site, we have a lot to offer, from the Realms that you already discovered, to Elvish lessons, to home-decorating tips (fancy a nice Hobbit styled bedroom? ). Enjoy!
laurelinperedhil
Council Member
Send Message
Hi guys! I just joined recently and am super excited that i found this site. I was searching for a class that i could take to learn elvish and this site came up.

I have loved the lord of the rings for a long long long long time and i will continue to for the rest of my life! They are my favorite books (and movies).

A few fun facts about me: I like to play the piano and eat pie, cake, and basically anything sweet. I like to draw and read lots of books (mainly sci-fi and fantasy). My favorite animal is a horse and my favorite color is.... actually i like all the colors. (: I love to sit outside when the sun is shining and i love to dance in the rain. I am fifteen, soon to turn sixteen this month, and I like to pretend that i'm an elf!

Excited to get to know you guys!

Sorry that was kind of a lot.

LaurelinPeredhel
Legolas' Lass
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome LaurelinPeredhel, to our Council of Elrond! Glad to have you on board. Good luck with the Elvish lessons (don't forget to check out our Language forums as well).
<< First3839404142Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email