Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4041424344Last >>
Author Topic:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hi there Lady Idril, welcome on board and thanks for joining a Realm! Enjoy your membership and don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
keinhimmel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Guten Tag, Hola
on: July 20, 2015 01:22
Hello everyone

I'm obviously new to this site and am very excited to be apart of the community.

I love to learn languages and even work on a few of my very own.

I dont know what else to put but thanks for reading!
-k.himmel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome to CoE keinhimmel. Enjoy the site!
Pedro5822
Council Member
Send Message
Post NEW HERE AND EAGER TO LEARN
on: July 30, 2015 11:53
So,my name is pedro,I am 16 from Brazil.I have copies of LOTR,hobbit and silmsrillion but have only read Hobbit 5 years ago and forgit everything.
I found this forum searching for Elvish intructions.
Now i want to read alk the books.But i have a question,which one of thise three enlisted abive should I read firsr and in which order.Thank you and please be patient while I read the books!!
Fantasy is mind freeing
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Pedro5822 welcome to CoE. I suggest that you read the books in this order. The Hobbit, LotR and then The Silmarillion
Pedro5822
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you!!Im already reading the hobbit
Fantasy is mind freeing
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Pedro5822. Lord_Sauron's suggestion makes the most sense indeed. From easy to heavy, to ease you back into it. Enjoy and have fun on the site!
WoodlandElf
Council Member
Send Message
Hello.
I'm sort of new, to the site, sort of not.

falling_wintersnow
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone! I'm Hannah and I'm 19. I've been a fan of LotR since I was little, as a "gifted" kid, I read the books when I was 6 or something. Very early on. Reading & acting are my two biggest passions and I LOVE re-reading the books. And watching the movies. A less happy side of me is that I struggle with many mental disorders due to a darker past, but currently I'm finding distraction and peace in listening to the movie score and teaching myself Quenya. The books taught me that this darkness will pass. xx
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome WoodlandElf and falling_wintersnow.

WoodlandElf, perhaps you can explain your post a bit, and add a bit of an introduction? That way our members can get to know you better.

You've come to the right place to help your master Quenya Hannah. Good luck with the Elvish lessons and enjoy the site (and Middle-Earth ).
eadparrot
Council Member
Send Message
Hi. I'm new. I love this sight and have been using it for a year now and I tried to make an account but it didn't work :/ so I created a brand new one today.
Btw I really love Gandalf because he's the bomb. I also love anything Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, Avengers, Merlin, Shakespeare, etc. So basically I'm a total nerd XD Gonna be honest I read The Hobbit but I never got around to the trilogy (I apologize). Basically I found this originally because I wanted to write things in Elvish. My Sindarin name is Uiriel. (I made it up myself )

[Edited on 08/22/2015 by gondolinian]
Uiriel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome eadparrot. I merged your two posts, since double posting isn't allowed. If you ever need to add something to a previous post, you can just hit the 'edit' button .
Have fun on the site!
Edhelin-
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Everyone! My name is Edhelin and I am a sixteen year old female of the United States of America. I actually found this place a while ago while looking for random LotR stuff to enjoy, but never joined until now.
I absolutely love to draw, paint, play video games, and sing. I also enjoy a bit of typing, cosplaying, and a good book every now and then. I have seen all the lord of the rings (extended is the best!), all of the Hobbit movies (first two I have seen the extended edition), and even the old animated Hobbit and Return of the King. As for the books, I have read the hobbit, the fellowship of the ring, most of the two towers, and about 1/4 of the Sillmarillion (school always gets in the way)
Once again, hello everyone!
Fetrammell
Council Member
Send Message
Hey everybody! My name is Faith. I joined the site because I've always been a huge fan of LOTR and The Hobbit and my friend and I are trying to learn Sindarin together. I'll probably have a lot of questions about the language and how it all works.
Not sure what else to put here... So yeah
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Edhelin and Fetrammell, welcome to CoE! You're in good company, we've got many Tolkien fans around .
Fetrammell, don't hesitate to check out the Language forums if you have questions about Sindarin, you'll find many other students of the language there.
ngolwe
Council Member
Send Message
Hey everyone!
My name is Sophia, I too am a major Tolkien fan (surprise, surprise). I had an account when I was a teenager, but have long since forgotten my username and password so I just created a new account. I have a renewed interest in learning Quenya, and am sure I will enjoy talking with others who love all of Tolkien's work.

[Edited on 08/25/2015 by ngolwe]
Not all those who wander are lost
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi there Sophia, welcome to the Council of Elrond! Should you at a point recall your username from the past, please contact our accounts admin. We normally don't allow double accounts, but of course we need to be able to track the old one down first . Glad to have you back on board!
lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
Hi all! I'm Emilie, I read the trilogy when I was 10 or 11, and am now coming back to them 6 years later after recently watching the films. I'm actually secretly a hobbit. I joined wanting to learn one of the Elvish languages, I'm thinking Quenya simply because I've found more resources than Sindarin. I'm also a Harry Potter superfan, and my friends call me "Glinda" from Wicked! I'd love to end this with some deeply philosophical Gandalf quote, but none come to mind so I'll just say bye for now

[Edited on 08/25/2015 by lady_emilie]
Fool of a Took!
ngolwe
Council Member
Send Message
Lol sorry, I'll try to remember. It was an account that I had when I was 15 and I haven't really used it since... so it's definitely been a few years.
Not all those who wander are lost
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello lady_emilie, glad to have you on board. You've come to the right place for Elvish lessons! As to not having a philosophical quote come to mind: so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide .
Nuriel29
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! Im new here.. My name is Pagne (silent G, as in Pain), im 16 yrs old. I love to sing, draw, play games, read fiction (esp. Tolkiens work) im currently reading The Hobbiy and i love to watch the movie again.. And again.. and also im trying to learn Sindarin. Thats all.. I guess.. and sorry.. Bad english..
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Nuriel29! Enjoy the site and have fun .
Durin-The-Deathless
Council Member
Send Message
well uh, im durin. im 14. single (not that it matters) and justwant to belong to a community where i feel i belong. ive spent pretty much my whole life with little to no friends, and none of them knew or cared about anything i was interested in. so yea, pouring my heart and soul into my first post... genius

[Edited on 09/17/2015 by Durin-The-Deathless]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Durin-the-Deathless and welcome to CoE . If you're a Tolkien fan, you've come to the right place to share your interests. We have a small but friendly community so you'll feel right at home. And if you feel the need to wander around, our site has as many hidden corners and gems as Durin's halls. Enjoy and be merry, as Goldberry would say!
Green51leaf
Council Member
Send Message
Hello. I have watched all of the extended versions of the LOTR series and all of the Hobbit movies. Two of them were in the extended. I found the Council while I was looking for elvish resources. I love archery and I practice melee sword fighting (not fencing) and a little bit of Quarterstaffing.
"Not all who Wander are Lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien
lizandroll_the_troll
Council Member
Send Message
Hello All! I haven't been on CoE for years and had even forgotten it existed (shock!). This past week, I suddenly remembered it after discussing LOTR with a friend and deciding to read the Silmarillian again. Luckily, I still remembered my password. I must say, all of the updates around here seem very nice-congratulations!
Since my last time here, I have graduated college and am just starting my 2nd year as a general music teacher at an elementary school. I (finally) have time to read again--squeezed in the few minutes before my day starts and before I fall asleep at night--so I'm returning to my early appreciation of Tolkien and other works of beauty.
I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing around here...but I'm glad to be back. (:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Green51leaf and welcome back lizandroll_the_troll. It's always pleasant to see old members return. I hope you'll both stick around and enjoy the site!
saw1066
Council Member
Send Message
Hello to all. I'm Scott and have been a member here for a while, but I honestly forgot about it and haven't been in for a long time. My love of all things Middle-earth has been rekindled recently with a reread of the Silmarillion, so I look forward to stopping in often. I'm glad that you're still here! Thank you and have a great day!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi there saw1066. It's never to late to introduce yourself , so welcome on board. We're still here. A bit older, a bit wiser, a bit creakier but still here. Have a great day yourself.
Sargon of Akkad
Council Member
Send Message
Post Sargon of Akkad Says Hi
on: October 08, 2015 11:33
Hello All

I am an American man, aged 33. I have been a life-long Tolkien fan. I finally decided to learn Sindarin and Quenya. If anyone here can help me to navigate the lessons for both languages that would be great. My hobbies include ancient literature, archaeology, limited linguistics, philosophy, martial arts, history (a big hobby), board games, and many other things. Eru bless!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings Sargon! Welcome to CoE!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Sargon of Akkad. Glad to have you on board. For more info and help about the Elvish lessons, have a look at the language forums. Good luck!
Arelia_Elrondiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Looking for friends
on: October 28, 2015 11:57
Mae govannen

Name: Arelia or Lia
Where are you from: New Zealand
How did you find CoE: Boredom
What are your hobbies and interests?: Fandoms and scouting. Current main fandoms are LOTR, HP, DW and sherlock
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? Yes to all
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? How does one understand the realms.

I would like to learn some more sindarin and make some friends. I would also like to have a go at role playing but have no clue how.

Namarie

[Edited on 10/29/2015 by Arelia_Elrondiel]
The Lady Idril
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Arelia! You're so lucky to live in beautiful New Zealand--have you ever visited Hobbiton? I'm a huge fan of Sherlock too! . Role playing is super fun! Just instant message me or private message me and I can help if you want. As for realms, I joined one but I think I'm the only active member, so they are not very popular right now. If you search 'realms' in the forum you can probably find more information on them. Welcome to CoE and enjoy!
The Lady Idril, Princess of Gondolin, Este Realm Member, www.loveroflembas.blogspot.com
Arelia_Elrondiel
Council Member
Send Message
Yes i have been to hobbiton. Its amazing there.
<< First4041424344Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email