Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4142434445Last >>
Author Topic:
HannibalLecter
Council Member
Send Message
Hello.
I found this website several years ago and finally decided to join the community. I'm a 17 year old teen from Europe and I slowly fell in love with Middle-earth after seeing the LotR movies around five years ago. The only book I've read is the Hobbit, unfortunately I only made it halfway through the Silmarillion. I'm in love with the Hobbit trilogy and my favorite character of all time is Thranduil, followed by Fili and Thorin. I'm also a huge fan of NBC's Hannibal, Game of Thrones and Marvel, I'm interested in Norse mythology and languages and I enjoy reading, playing video games and roleplaying.

I deeply apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes, unfortunately English is not my native language.

gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello Arelia_Elrondiel and HannibalLector (or should I say Clarice ). Welcome to CoE!

I envy you Arelia, you live right there in Middle-Earth. Enjoy it for all of us who can't . Concerning the Realms: you can find out a bit more on the general Realms page and in the newbie introduction guide. But as The_Lady_Idril said, they are rather calm right now (used to be one of the most active parts of the site in the old days). You can still join them but I fear many of them have gone dormant, like Ents in the Third Age.
We have excellent Elvish lessons to help you master Sindarin, so have a look at the language section if that interests you. For role playing just head over to the RPG-forum, you'll be able to find info and ask questions on that topic there and we have a few very friendly RPG-mods.

Glad you decided to join in the end Hannibal. I myself lingered for a while before signing up, best choice of my life . The Silmarillion is a tough nut to crack at first, especially when you're younger. But you should try the LotR's books. Much easier and so rich in content. You won't believe what you've missed (because the movies don't show it all).
Your English is very good by the way, so no need to worry. We have members from all over the world here .

Enjoy your memberships and welcome again!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
LunaKnight12
Council Member
Send Message
hi im new and am look for people to talk to
Fox
Katherine112015
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, I had been a member long ago but our Internet was very slow and so I wasn't always able to log on. Thank you for the faq site; I know it will be very handy as I will need a refresher course. Looking forward to finding my way around.
I always hope for peace. The smiles and laughter of children should be heard throughout the world.
Marena of Esgaroth
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!
I'm Marena and I come from the state of Colorado, USA. I am a fourteen (soon to be 15) year old girl. I found CoE a while back when I was trying to find Elvish names and remembered that my friend had mentioned the site. My hobbies and interests include music (percussion), speech and debate, knitting, drawing, and, of course, reading. I have read and watched all of the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and am now on a quest to read all of Tolkien's works.
Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to exploring the site!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome LunaKnight12, Katherine112015 and Marena_of_Esgaroth!

LunaKnight12, if you want to make friends and talk, it might help to tell our members a bit more about yourself .

Welcome back Katherine112015. You don't happen to remember your old username anymore by any chance? We only allow one account per member, so we'll close the old one down if you still know the username.

Enjoy Marena .
LunaKnight12
Council Member
Send Message
howdy my name is Luna knight nice to meet all of you
Fox
Katherine112015
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Gondolinian, thank you for the welcome. I'm sorry, but I don't remember the username. I might have used my middle name. I tried looking under this email but it wasn't there. I could try a different one. If I find it, I'll be sure to let you know.
I always hope for peace. The smiles and laughter of children should be heard throughout the world.
Eadburga
Council Member
Send Message
Post NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: December 01, 2015 05:49
Mae Go'vannen!

Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE)I would very much like to go under my name here on CoE as Eadburga..

Where are you from (country/state)? Sweden

How did you find CoE? Through googling Sindarin lessons since I fell in love with the language when watching the Movies..

What are your hobbies and interests? LoTr *nerd*, cooking, gardening, spending time in nature, Music (percussionist, and flutist)

Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I have Heard all Three books via e-books online, since it's much more convienient for me, & have watched all Three Movies (both The Hobbit and the LoTr(extended editions)

Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? Yes I do, but I will take it piece by piece as I learn more!!

Novaer, and we shall meet again soon!!

[Edited on 12/01/2015 by Eadburga]
~I aear can ven na mar~
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Eadburga, welcome to CoE! It's been a while since we had such a lengthy introduction, thanks for that .
Enjoy the site and don't hesitate to contact me if you've got any questions left. A good place to start is the newbies guide. Have fun!
ElevenClouds
Council Member
Send Message
Hello to everybody ! My name is Meagan, I'm 22 years old and I live in France. I came here by pure randomness while surfing, and I fell in love with this awesome website. I just couldn't stay here and watch, I had to be a part of this community.

I'm inlove with Tolkien, but especially Jackson's movies, and more especially Elrond. I recently made my first tattoo on my arm, and you already know : it's Noldorin Elvish, and it means "Elrond"

I love to roleplay, to have great discussions on the myths of Middle-Earth and to play music

I'm not shy, so feel free to send me a message !!

Have all a lovely day/night/whatever you want !!

Kisses on your innocent little cheeks !!!
Lindir, Meludir, Elrond.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome ElevenClouds! Sorry for the late reply, been sick for a few days. Glad to have you on board with us . Enjoy the site!
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, I was here earlier but lost the site in the world of internet. I read here for quite some time but since I want to learn Sindarin, I signed up and here I am!
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Welcome to CoE Estel, have fun here!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Estel Telcontar, welcome to CoE. Glad you decided to join us in the end. Many members lurk a while before actually joining . Good luck with the Elvish lessons.
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
I hope to succeed, the language is so interesting!I really am curious how Tolkien invented it, btw. Does anyone know?
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
You'll find more info about his languages in biographies and documentaries. And as usual, Google is your friend: type "Elvish languages (Middle-earth)" and go to the first Wikipedia article that pops up for a brief history .
legolaslover2002
Council Member
Send Message
I feel like I should reintroduce myself. Last time I was here was in 2012. So hi everyone!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello legolaslover2002, welcome back. Perhaps you can tell our members a little bit more about yourself? Otherwise it's more of a 'hi, bye' than a real introduction .
Elisanna
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone!
My name is Elisanna and I am 18 years old.
I discovered Council of Elrond while looking for resources to learn Sindarin and I am so glad that I found it.

I fell in love with Tolkien books only recently, even though I had known the stories (but I never read the books until a few months ago). Anyways, I blame my mother for infecting me with Tolkien-love.

My hobbies include reading, writing and drawing. (And watching youtube videos for too long, but that's not really a hobby?)

Have a good day.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Elisanna, glad to have you on board. You should give your mother a big hug, she's introduced you to something that could become a major part of your life .
Enjoy the site!
IulofAule
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone!
I'm Marijane, 17, and live in the mitten-state of Michigan! I love Tolkien's Middle-Earth, and am especially enthralled with the theology of it!
I'm on my third reading of the Hobbit, and after that will be reading the Silmarillion. I've been wanting to learn both Quenya and Sindarin for a long time, and am super excited to finally doing so!
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song over hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Marijane, welcome to CoE. Good luck with the Elvish lessons and have fun!
Rachelyan
Council Member
Send Message
Name: Rachel
Where are you from?: China
How did you find CoE?: I have always wanted to learn Elvish, and I found this amazing website yesterday according to my beloved friend !!! Pretty excited
What are your hobbies and interests?: I am still exploring the web and have already found so many interesting stuff. I love playing the piano, learning different cultures, collecting coins and pottery. In addition, I didn't finished reading the Hobbit and LoTR but I did watch the movie so there is definitely a long way to go for me to learn Elvish which is pretty exciting.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: Yes, but not all of them/and a Big YES for the movies!
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?:
Little suggestion: This website is such a great resource for learning Elvish, but I feel like a video or two for the pronunciation would be better ( or maybe I just didn't find it, still new to this place) since I am such an auditorial learner =)

Finally, best wishes to everyone who shares the same interest to Elvish!!!!

[Edited on 01/25/2016 by gondolinian]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Rachelyan, welcome to CoE .

I hope you don't mind, but I merged your two posts into one (we don't allow double posting on the site).
Good luck learning Elvish! That's a great suggestion, to add some videos for Elvish, but sadly I don't think we'll be making those anytime soon. They require a lot of effort and expertise and this site is run by volunteers in their spare time, who are not all Elvish scholars. If you search online on Youtube you will find several videos, although I cannot attest to the quality and correctness of the Elvish in them.
Ringilswrath
Council Member
Send Message
Post Greetings
on: January 30, 2016 10:54
Good day all. I came across this site while looking for Sindarin lessons and decided to join. I have a great fondness for the works of Tolkien, and have decided to immerse myself as much as I can in this wonderful realm he created for us. I am a fan Game of Thrones, Marvel, Star Wars, and other things as well (reading, watching sports, heavy metal), but the nothing stirs so much passion and enjoyment from me as Middle Earth. My favorite book is the Silmarillion. I've read it maybe 10 times now, and just finished listening to the audio books for it as well. My favorite movie is the LOTR trilogy, and Hobbit is also placed very highly on my list. I look forward to spending some time on this site learning Sindarin and interacting with fellow fans. Ah, yes, the basic information. I am 40, male, from America, and never read a lick of Tolkien until after I saw Fellowship of the Ring. I was hooked instantly and never looked back. Two of my three tattoos are inspired by Tolkien even. So there it is. Pleased to greet everybody.
Peace,
Ringil's Wrath
ImageImage

"Are you sure about that? It might just be a tie!" ~ Duo Maxwell, MS Gundam Wing

gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Ringilswrath, welcome to CoE! You've come to the right place to learn Sindarin, our lessons have been used by many other Tolkien fans. Enjoy the site and have fun!
Ringilswrath
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you gondolinian. Glad to be here.
ImageImage

"Are you sure about that? It might just be a tie!" ~ Duo Maxwell, MS Gundam Wing

Mask Lord
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello Jacob! Welcome to "The council of Elrond " Thanx guys :D
on: February 12, 2016 08:55
Hello... My name is Jacob. Eye, um... Eye'm from... *cough* America? Eye like things! (#0_0#)

Anyway, I was actually on the hunt for a geeky fan site about Middle Earth. The explanation is in my Bio. Is this the right place? Is this site active? Where do I start?
Mask Lord
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Jacob, welcome to CoE. Daring claims these day, those whereabouts . You're welcome regardless of where you're from though, so well met. For a true fan site about Tolkien's works, you've come to the right place. We're still active, although more in some parts of the site than others. But that doesn't mean there isn't a treasure trove of stuff to be found, much like in the library and vaults of Minas Tirith.
To get an idea about where to get started, have a look at the newbies guide here in the newbies forum. Don't hesitate to ask any questions should there be any.
Enjoy!
Mask Lord
Council Member
Send Message
Mask Lord
WillLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello CoE!!!
on: March 01, 2016 07:30
My name is Will (15 years old) and I'm a huge fan of J.R.R. Tolkien from South Korea. I love all works related to J.R.R. Tolkien (Thought a little angry at Peter Jackson for not putting a Tom Bombadil in the movies ) and I like reading, collecting things, gaming (PS4), writing, and almost everything!! I hope to meet a lot of great people here, and I hope to improve my writing skills by studying works of J.R.R. Tolkien. Also, I hope to become better at Quenya and Sindarin with the online course (and many other languages too). Thanks everybody!! Namárië!!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello WillLorien, and welcome to the Council of Elrond. You've come to the right place to learn more about Elvish. So dive right in and have fun .
Aglarion
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!

I go by the name of Aglarion, and I'm a University student in the UK.

I came across this site like many others looking for respected courses in Sindarin. Since joining the site I've discovered many other areas of interest I'd like to get involved with.

I primarily occupy myself with my studies - Philosophy and Theology - but I am an avid player of all kinds of games, from casual simulation to epic RPG. I enjoy reading and writing, and I'm currently creating a universe in which my D&D group can exist.

I look forward to my time here.

~Aglarion
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome to CoE Aglarion. Enjoy the site!
<< First4142434445Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email