Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4344454647Last >>
Author Topic:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen Eruanna and Ambarad! Welcome! May you return to us!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
fangirl.divided
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello!
on: October 19, 2016 05:40
I discovered this site a little while ago. After using it to learn Sindarin and to find some funny pics. I finally decided to create an account because I would love to speak to others who share similar passions for Lord Of The Rings. Will warn everyone I'm not as knowledgeable in the books as the movies.

I look forward to meeting everyone,
F.D
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Welcome, welcome, thrice welcome! My sincerest apologies for not greeting all you newbies sooner. I've been busy tinkering away in the smithy and didn't notice the new arrivals. This is a big place so it's easy to miss some visitors !

I hope you managed to get some help with the translation Foedhrass. Was the cosplay in Germany as well? Sounds like fun.

Welcome Femke. Don't forget to stop by Belgium on your way back from Spain. Although another language course might be needed to understand one another properly, depending on the region .

Don't worry Ambarad, your English is just fine. Most members here aren't native English speakers. Hope you like the resources we've got on the site for tengwar and Elvish!

Arveleg, I know how you feel. Luckily several of the new members seem to have posted multiple times already, so they got in again. We're aware of the issues but powerless to do much about them sadly. The Last Homely House is in its autumn-phase I fear.

Pleased to meet you as well fangirl.divided . Welcome on board.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Kannissa
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all, I'm Kannissa. I stumbled upon this site looking for ways to learn Sindarin, so hopefully I will get to around to that very soon! I love the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, books and movies, but I have yet to move onto the Silmarillion and the rest. I look forward to spending time here!
Even this darkness must pass.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Kannissa, welcome to CoE! You've found the right place to learn Sindarin, we've got plenty of resources to help you out. Enjoy!
mega1miner2
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!!! My name is Jacob I was wandering around the interwebs looking for a way to learn Quenya and fortunately I have found this site! I hope to stay here a long time to begin and continue my studies of the Elvish tongue!"Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo!" I hope I said that right! I took a previous classes online but I was not so fortunate with my memory as I had a recent concussion.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Jacob, welcome to The Council of Elrond. Good luck with the Quenya lessons, don't forget to check out the Elvish forums as well .
Aemorniel
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen!

I'm a long-time user of the website and today it occurred to me that I would like to make an account so that I can actually talk to other Tolkien-ites! This will be a post-and-run right now but I'm eventually hoping to join the book club and start chatting to people (and maybe even roleplay a bit!)

[Edited on 11/20/2016 by Aemorniel]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Aemorniel, it's never too late to join . It is a bit quieter here than it used to be, but some forums are still very active. Enjoy!
Aemorniel
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the welcome, Gondolinian!
Dinroswen
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I may have already introduced myself here, but if so, I can't remember doing it, because unfortunately I haven't been on this website for quite some time. But anyway, my Elvish name is Dinroswen Gwaithovornien Amdora, and I'm very interested in learning Elvish!. I've got the alphabet down mostly, but its the words et cetera that I'm worried about. Grammar and the likes, vocab. The thing is that I'm currently learning Latin right now and I'm not sure if it would work, learning two languages at once. But I might as well try!
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi there Dinroswen! Never too late for an introduction . Good luck with the Elvish (and Latin) lessons.
Sardhrantor
Council Member
Send Message
Mae l'ovannen! This site came up a lot on my Sindarin translation Google searches, so I decided to join. I already know some Sindarin and I am looking forward to learning a lot more so I can put it in my fan fiction. I'm also thinking about learning Quenya in the near (or far) future...I don't know. But I like music, which is why I joined the Realm of Yavanna Kementari.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

I am in the Realm of Yavanna Kementari.

Archerofpeace
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I recently registered on this site and I came here to introduce myself. My username is Archerofpeace but I usually go by Archer as my nickname online and in real life lol. Why Archer? Mostly because I actually do Archery in my free time and I have been since I was 14. I found this site when I was searching "how to learn elvish" on google. Nonetheless, I've always been interested in learning the Elvish language. Although I'm fluent in two languages (english and arabic) and I'm almost fluent in German after years of studying it, I've decided to learn the language I've always found beautiful and interesting which is one of the Elvish languages, Quenya. Although I am a university student that consistently has a busy schedule, I plan to set a bit of time out to learn this language. But overall, it's nice to meet you guys and I look forward to be apart of this nice community !
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Sardhrantor andArcherofpeace. You've both come to the right place if you want to learn Quenya, our lessons will put you on your way! And believe me Archer, better now than after uni, time will become even scarcer . Good luck!
Felwyn
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, everyone! You can call me Felwyn. I discovered CoE when looking up printable stationary, since I've been writing letters to my cousin, who always uses nice paper. (I settled on the Council of Elrond envelope and the Fingon and Maedhros paper, as we have inside jokes.) My introduction to Tolkien was actually my cousin (the one I've been writing to) explaining the general plot when I was somewhere around 7-10, I think, but not much of it stuck. I think the real start was when I first read The Hobbit, around five years ago. I thought it was good, but wasn't terribly excited. Then, when the first movie came out, I reread the book and liked it better. I read LotR as well, liked it, reread it, really enjoyed it, and then read it again, and there was no turning back. I was obsessed. Sometime in here I saw the movies. I've also read The Silmarillion, and Tales from the Perilous Realm. I have also seen all the movies.

[Edited on 11/29/2016 by Felwyn]
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen Felwyn! Welcome!
Those Lord of the Rings reads and re-reads really draws one in!

Archerofpeace said:Hello! I recently registered on this site and I came here to introduce myself. My username is Archerofpeace but I usually go by Archer as my nickname online and in real life lol. Why Archer? Mostly because I actually do Archery in my free time and I have been since I was 14. I found this site when I was searching "how to learn elvish" on google. Nonetheless, I've always been interested in learning the Elvish language. Although I'm fluent in two languages (english and arabic) and I'm almost fluent in German after years of studying it, I've decided to learn the language I've always found beautiful and interesting which is one of the Elvish languages, Quenya. Although I am a university student that consistently has a busy schedule, I plan to set a bit of time out to learn this language. But overall, it's nice to meet you guys and I look forward to be apart of this nice community !

Welcome Archer!

I get the mental image of Archer, the s[y on the FX TV channel.

Welcome Sardhrantor, Dinroswen, Aemorniel, & Kannissa!
Hope you all can log back in and visit us again!

Hope to see you here again sometime.
Namarie,
Arveleg

[Edited on 11/30/2016 by gondolinian]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome to CoE Felwyn. That's a rather unusual way of stumbling across our site, haven't heard that one yet . But all the better, the more the merrier! Enjoy.

I merged your posts Arveleg. You can always go and edit your individual posts if you have the posting issue you encountered. Much better than posting multiple times .
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
gondolinian said:Welcome to CoE Felwyn. That's a rather unusual way of stumbling across our site, haven't heard that one yet . But all the better, the more the merrier! Enjoy.

I merged your posts Arveleg. You can always go and edit your individual posts if you have the posting issue you encountered. Much better than posting multiple times .

Yeah, I get that. Been on the net since the early 90's so know how it works. Connection was ill tempered and I couldn't be arsed to wait out the down time to fix it. Shoulda just not tried posting anything. Thanks much for the fix.
Kgilliam7
Council Member
Send Message
Hello fellow Lord of the Rings addicts. My name is Kenneth and I just joined and since I was 6 i wanted to speal elvish lucky for me i found this website. Your resources are helping me greatly I Love this site and plan to use it whenever I can!
RaenMaethor
Council Member
Send Message
Hey evryone,

I'm a long time LOTR fan. LOTR has influenced me a lot, i'm largely interested in art and costume design. Its also given me an interest in medieval history which is also a big part of who I am. I just joined today and i'm looking forward to sharing my appreciation for the series.

[Edited on 12/06/2016 by RaenMaethor]
Nescar Neldathir
Council Member
Send Message
Apparently I've been a member for quite some time but haven't introduced myself yet. So, hello everyone!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings to Kenneth, RaenMaethor, and Nescar! It is wonderful to have you all here and I hope you enjoy your time on the site! Shoot me a PM if you have any questions or just need someone to chat with. Make yourselves at home!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
Hey,
My Elven name is Lothriel, I am 20 years old and live in South Carolina.
I have read all the original books, plus as many extra as I could find such as the lost tales, the atlas, the similar ion.... I have also seen all the movies. I taught myself to read, write, and speak Sindarin a few years ago, have only recently found this site and I think it is awesome!! one of my favorite things to do is to ride my gelding, but I also enjoy kickboxing, archery, knife throwing, reading, and watching movies with my cat Mithril.
Hope to learn a lot, have fun, and meet some people!!!
Lothriel
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the Council, Hawkins! It's great to have you here. I hope you have fun!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, Hawkins! I hope you have a wonderful time here with us!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome welcome! It is always a glad time when a new member comes along. Do enjoy your stay!
AHobbitAtHeart
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello!
on: January 09, 2017 10:06
Hello! I came across this site in search of a way to learn Quenya. I decided to create an account so I could participate in some of the cool stuff here. I am a fan of J.R.R. Tolkien and know more about the movies than the books.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Hi there AHobbitAtHeart and a big warm welcome. You've come to the right place to learn the Elvish languages. Get stuck in to the workbooks and don't be afraid to ask for help in the forum. Have fun.
roger0016
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings! I came across this site yesterday to check out a poem on Beren and Luthien and immediately fell in love with the content of this site. I enjoy the songs and tales and also want to learn more about Quenya (I only grazed the surface with videos on Youtube!). I also practice a bit typography and like to write things in neat letters.
Anyway, I hope to meet many other great fans (there are not a lot in Taiwan) and have fun.
You fool of a Took!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Welcome to the site, roger0016! I hope you enjoy the site. If you have any questions, please, don't hesitate to ask them.
LimwenIndelewen
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! My name is Limwen. I am Maxie's younger sister. I am glad to be on the site after hearing Maxie talk about it for years. My favorite character is Fili. I love all of the LotR and Hobbit movies. Recently, I have started to read the Silmarillion!
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Hello Limwen and welcome to CoE. I hope you enjoy your stay here. There are some articles about the Silarillion on here and you can always ask questions on the Book Forum. It's not the easiest of reads but there are great stories in there. Say hello to Maxie for me.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Hello Limwen! Welcome to the site. I'm sure Maxie has told you all about us, but if you have any questions, ask away.
Cemename Ithilien of Lorien
Council Member
Send Message
Hi to everyone. Im new here...I hope write in right topic. Im from Greece and i love the world of Tolkien. And forgivre me for my english...is not so perfect.
I bring word from Lord Elrond of Rivendell. An alliance one existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died toghether. We come to honkr that allegiance.
<< First4344454647Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email