Author Topic:
Glendolin93
Council Member
Send Message
Post "On we go!" To Lesson 2 of Sindarin O_O
on: October 11, 2017 04:38
Sorry for the late reply!

Maë G'ovannen gondolinian and morelkor!
I was mistaken in my first post. I just reread Fellowship and remebered that i had already read it. I have alrady started the Silmarillion, and the history is incredible! I am also in the middle of the Hobbit, so if I'm not on here you'll probably find my head in a Tolkien book for a few weeks

Namarië!

EDIT: Wow...Lesson 2 of Sindarin O_O MUTATIONS!!! Well I see now why many people give up quickly.

As someone once said, "“Go back?” he thought. “No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!” O_O

[Edited on 10/12/2017 by Glendolin93]
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Hello and welcome to CoE, Glendonlin. Enjoy the read and your studies.
Avaloyuru
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings all!

I'm quite new to this type of forum and hope that I am creating an original post rather than replying to a specific individual.

My name was created by entering my given name into an elvish name generator and is a bit difficult to pronounce. I am more commonly referred to simply as Ava within the gaming world. I currently only play "Legendary: Game of Heroes" at this time. I was introduced to RPG's through Dungeons and Dragons in the late 70's.

I've been a huge fan of Tolkien since I was first introduced to "The Hobbit" in 1973 as required reading in high school literature. I've collected volumes of information about him and his writings over the years, mostly stored here on my desktop.

Thanks for creating this site and I hope I will be able to contribute to some degree!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello and welcome Avaloyuru. You've posted correctly .
Glad to have you on board, enjoy the site and forums!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Hello Ava and welcome to CoE. Hope to see you around.
Warlock Lord
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings to all! I am the dark necromancer from old and you may call me the Warlock Lord! I look forward to learning much and perhaps making some friends here.

[Edited on 11/17/2017 by Warlock Lord]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome warlock lord. Glad to have you with us (as long as you leave the necromancing behind )!
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome! Glad you could join us! As a Corrupted I fully embrace your necromantic ways
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome! Glad to see some newcomers
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Taurelisse
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all. I'm new, kind of. I first joined in 2004 and while I see that account still on the members list I'm damned if I can remember the details lol. Thanks to ItarildeSirfalas for talking me into signing up again
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Yaaay! Welcome to CoE (again), Taurelisse! I'm sure you'll enjoy all the different forums. Especially the Games Forum. It's my favourite place here

[Edited on 11/29/2017 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome welcome welcome!!! Games forum is always fun
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Taurelisse! If you remember the old username, let me know and we'll have the account deleted (we only allow one account per user). Have fun!
Eruedraith of Doriath
Council Member
Send Message
Post Guided by starlight
on: November 29, 2017 08:54
Hannon le! I am Eruedraith of Doriath. I am a friend of Taurelissë and Itarildë Sirfalas. I understand there is some good role-playing to be had here? I look forward to conversing with you all.
A Elbereth Gilthoniel, silivren penna míriel, o menel aglar elenath!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE Eruedraith Good to see you finally managed to log in! Have a good browse around, and if you fancy starting up a new RPG, I'm sure some of the other regular players (including me) would be interested

[Edited on 11/30/2017 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Hello there! I might even jump in too!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Eruedraith of Doriath. Welcome to CoE. You can head on straight to the RPG forum and dive right in .
Fire Dancer
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone. I'm a big fan of fantasy literature. I just finished the lord of the rings film trilogy a few days ago and got a litter bit obsessed. I plan to start with the Lord of the rings book sooner. Hope u guys have a nice day!
Long live the Middle Earth.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Fire Dancer, welcome to CoE.
Great to see that you are planning on reading the Lord of the Rings. It is so much better than the movies.
Hope you enjoy the site.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Fire Dancef. Enjoy the books, you're in for a great ride!
Kronos616
Council Member
Send Message
Post Introduction of myself
on: January 02, 2018 02:41
Hello everybody and happy new year.
I'm new around here, but i feel welcome. I came looking for a place to share love and admiration for the work of our good professor, and also to learn new things, starting with Sindarin e Quenya

Any way thank you all for the great work that you did for this site and comunity.
one forum to rule them all.

thanks again and a happy new year

Kronos
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Kronos616, and Happy New Year to you too. I believe you've found the right place to share and learn anything related to Middle Earth . Good luck with the Elvish lessons!
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
A day late, but welcome Kronos!
Maegwyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post Greetings
on: January 04, 2018 04:25
Hello. As you can probably obviously see, my name is Maegwyn - I used a name generator based off my personal name - it's actually quite crazy how close to my name it is (another bonus is its meaning of shining star - goodness do I ever love elvish)

I listened to the unabridged Hobbit read by some guy with a super deep voice at the age of 6 (ie. before I could even read.) I was so obsessed that I would listen to it every single day at rest time for a long time.

When I was 8 I got my first book set and read them avidly. I fell hopelessly in love with Legolas (in the books guys - this is before i knew there were movies) #braggingrights I was pleasantly suprised with the movies when I saw them - and Legolas was just as awesome as I always imagined., I was mildly annoyed that he was in the Hobbit moves though cause messing with the book THAT much... urggg. It was kinda like the Hobbit PLUS a side fanfiction thing they decided to put in - but honestly who can hate Legolas screentime much ;P Anyways... I've never really fallen out with him. ;P

I have since then, continued to love and read the books and immerse myself in them. Now here at 18, I recently decided to learn Sindarin after finishing two other real life languages. Thus I found this site.

I hope to make lots of friend here and learn even more about these books
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Maegwyn, and welcome to Isengard... erm no, wait, let me try again: hello, and welcome to the Council of Elrond! You've come to the right place to debate the books, movies and even Legolas-crushes . As well as to learn Elvish, of course. Enjoy the site!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Maegwyn welcome the CoE. The books are fascinating. Have you ever read The Silmarillion? If not I highly recommended it.
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Maegwyn! Welcome welcome! If you ever want to chat the books or anything, send me a PM! This is a wonderful community here.
Maegwyn
Council Member
Send Message
Many thanks for the warm welcomes!
@gondolinian - I do hope my interest in Legolas does not annoy you. I usually prefer to the that 1% that doesn't go along with the popular opinion on people, however - I can't bring myself to that point when it comes to elves.

@Lord Sauron - (I can't help but wonder why you are allowed to roam freely here? ;P) and yes I have read the Silmarillion, though twas many years in the past. I shall read it soon enough though, for a college class that is devoted entirely to Tolkien's works.

@ElwingAndEarendil - Thank you I shall keep your offer in mind - feel free to message me as well if the fancy overtakes you.
_silmaica_
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hello!
on: January 13, 2018 08:42
Name: _silmaica_ / Silmaica

I found CoE while looking for resources to learn Quenya.

I have read LotR and The Hobbit, have seen the films numerous times and want to read the Silmarillion in the summer (I tried to read it in September but after a few chapters got so confused that I decided I needed more time to read, comprehend and take some notes... ).

My hobbies include sports, video games, creating pixel art and making LotR references that none of my friends understand (so I end up laughing while everyone stares at me thinking "What?" ).

- _silmaica_
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Silmaica, welcome to CoE. The Silmarillion can be a difficult book to read but it is great that you have decided to read it
Take your time while you read it, as Treebeard would say "Don't be hasty"
Hope you enjoy yourself on the site
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome silmaica, glad to have you joining the bunch!
Maegwyn
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings Silmaica. I hope your pursuit of the knowledge of Quenya goes well and that you enjoy your time with us here.
I would agree that the Silmarillion is a book that merits quite a bit of attention, but it is well worth the brain cells that die in the process of comprehension.
falinesti
Council Member
Send Message
Post introduction
on: January 15, 2018 07:12
Mae govannen! My name is Misha, but you can call me by my username or other stuff (it's from another fantasy series I enjoy ^_^)
I have watched all of the films and read most of The Hobbit, and I plan to purchase the LOTR trilogy and The Simarillion for reading this year. I'm learning Sindarin and Tengwar as we speak but I have yet to get good.... (I am a native english speaker and I speak a bit of french too)
I wanted to join this site because it seemed very interesting and could possibly help me make some friends with similar interests. I am particularly interested in posting/drawing fanart for everyone because it is something I enjoy. I really like The Elder Scrolls series (namely morrowind) and have a DND character (my icon) but I am not very skilled....
It's very nice to meet everyone here!! I'm still quite shy but I hope to become friendly with those who want to as well.
Maegwyn
Council Member
Send Message
Mae Govannen falinesti!
It's good to have you here
I would definitely recommend reading the books, and I hope you enjoy them.
Can't wait to see any fanart you come up with!
morelkor
Council Member
Send Message
Hi falinesti and Silmaica, welcome to CoE!!!

Hope you enjoy yourself here. We are all very friendly and you can PM me if you like
I ain't been droppin' no eaves, sir, honest.
<< First4748495051Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email