Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Post Newbies Introduction Thread
on: June 12, 2018 08:11
Hi everyone!
I'm new
Name: Menegilda Brandybuck
Found this site: A friend told me about it.(she also loves LotR)
I have read the books several times and watched the movies even more times.
Fave Character: Merry!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello and welcome Menegilda! Your nickname gave away your favorite hobbit . Enjoy the site!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks gondolinian! Yes your probably right about my name
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE Menegilda, hope that you enjoy yourself here
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, I sure will!
WaitingCynicism
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE) WaitingCynicism, Cynicism, etc.
Age 19
Gender male
Where are you from (country/state)? United States, Virginia
How did you find CoE? I found this through a google search
What are your hobbies and interests? I like dnd and writing, as well as playing music and games
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? yes
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? not right now
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello WaitingCynicism, welcome to CoE! A most unusual username, I must admit. Any particular backstory to it? Thanks for the short intro, enjoy the site!
MacNab23
Council Member
Send Message
Post Introduction
on: August 05, 2018 07:50
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE) - MacNab
Age - 48
Gender - M
Where are you from (country/state)? - Georgia, U.S.A.
How did you find CoE? - Randomly searching for Sindarin translations.
What are your hobbies and interests? - Food, music, various crafts (I'm a chef, glassblower, leather-worker, something of a jeweler, woodworker, guitar picker, etc. Feanor, the greatest of all craftsmen, is a hero of mine, flawed though he was.) And, of course, reading Tolkien.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? - Yes, many times.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? - Not yet.

Greetings to all, and thank you for having me on board! One of my primary interests here is obtaining help with (mainly Sindarin) translations for various projects, whether it is inscribing a drinking horn, designing a tattoo, carving a walking stick, or having a silver ring custom ingraved in Tengwar. I am no scholar or linguist, and, being a full-time chef, I have little time to pursue my other craft projects, much less delve into the study of a fictional foreign language. Although I promise to do what research that I can before asking for help!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome MacNab23. You’ve come to the right place for Sindarin lessons. Have a look in the Elvish Forums as well if you haven’t yet. Enjoy the site!
MacNab23
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, and cheers!
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Welcome, MacNab! Good to see a fellow Feanor fan! Never enough of them if you ask me.
May this be an injury-free season for Yamamoto-senshu. What a skating talent! Image
WaitingCynicism
Council Member
Send Message
gondolinian said:Hello WaitingCynicism, welcome to CoE! A most unusual username, I must admit. Any particular backstory to it? Thanks for the short intro, enjoy the site!

Nothing really particular about it, it's just a username I got off some generator or whatever on reddit and started using
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, WaitingCynicism and MacNab!

[Edited on 08/08/2018 by Menegilda Brandybuck]
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen, Menegilda Brandybuck, Waiting Cynicism, and MacNab! Enjoy CoE! I am quite new as well, and I am loving it!
Lembas! One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, fool_of_a_took_12! Regarding you avatar, Frodo is actually directly half Brandybuck through his mother Primula. But then Primula's mother Mirabella was née a Took, younger sister of Bilbo's mother Belladonna, and both of them were daughters of Gerontius, the Old Took ...
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for that information, Gandolorin! My avatar was originally Pippin, but since Frodo is my favorite character, I decided to change it, not really paying attention to his complex family tree. This whole place seems rather dead right now. I have been wanting to role-play for some time now, but no one is around.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
It’s true there are less members active than in the past. But you can still find some, if you look . I believe the games forum still has a very active bunch of people, if you feel like playing games. It’s not RPG exactly, but still fun.

I compare our current state to Imladris: full of knowledge and with unexpected pleasant people around the corner. But not so full anymore with singing and laughing elves as in the early days. More like a cozy comfortable place for an autumn afternoon, with a quiet talk and a good book near the fire.
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, gondolinian. Your comparison of this site to Imladris is very accurate. I will definitely check out the games forum.
<< First4748495051
Members Online