Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
Post Problem "edit your forum options"
on: February 15, 2013 09:38
Hello comrades. I am trying to add something to my signature, but whenever I press the "Edit your forum options" button, it shows up blank. I mean, you can still see all the top and side buttons ("My account", "Elronds Library", "Last Homely House". etc.) and you can still see the green bar at the top that says "forum" in white letters, but otherwise nothing shows up. I am really bad at explaining things, but if anybody could assist me that would be nice!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Problem "edit your forum options"
on: February 16, 2013 04:47
I am having the same problem, Ironfoot. I trust it will be fixed soon.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2013 12:24
Ugh I want to show off my custom siggy!! Look at eeet!!

~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: February 17, 2013 02:01
The mods are aware of the issue, and hopefully it gets addressed soon.
That's a very nice banner, Ironfoot, but I'm afraid it's way too large to be allowed on our site. You might want to check this with Gwendeth, our accounts admin.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2013 01:02
Oh don't worry I'm going to make it smaller
Draketh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2013 10:44
I hope it gets fixed soon cause' I don't have a signature at all.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2013 11:07
Yeah, I have the same problem.
Lady_of_Darkness
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2013 10:44
I was wondering if there was something wrong with the computer I'm using, but I guess there isn't. I wanted to change my signature to a Hobbit quote. Looks like I'll have to wait until they fix the problem.
In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2013 12:23
I like the quote you have now
Did Tolkien really say that?
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 03:01
Awesome Ironfoot!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2013 03:51
Pretty awesome banner, Ironfoot!

I too, have this problem. My siggy is way to long, but I can't fix it. Annoyingness....
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2013 05:16
I want a siggy!!!!!
~Nev~
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2013 05:19
I'm so glad this thread exists. I was just trying to change my siggy and was having problems on three different browsers, but now I can see that it isn't a probelm on my end.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 04:21
This WILL become my new sig, once they get it working…

Question, y'all, should the bottom line be where it is or right-aligned? I can't make up my mind.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2013 09:22
Good question, Cillendor. I like it where it is, but I think it would also look great to the right. Your choice . By the way, at this rate we can start a topic just for voting whose signature is getting the most annoying lol. I think I know who would win *glances down sadly at sig* *sigh*
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2013 09:04
Bahaha well there is already a topic about rating sigs in general. I probably ought to have posted the question there instead.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2013 02:35
Mine isnt working either...and I dont have a siggy at all....I hope it gets fixed soon....
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2013 11:45
I PM'd one of the mods. Hopefully s/he'll be able to help. I think the reason this problem has persisted for so long is that the moderator of this section of the forums has apparently stepped down or has been removed. Either way, there is no moderator here, so it's likely that no one saw this thread.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: March 19, 2013 02:03
Hi everyone,

As ~nólemë~ already mentioned in the fourth post of this thread, we are aware of the issue with the Forum Options . We're trying our best to get it fixed, but in truth that can only be done by our site owner. Real life is keeping her busy so hang in there until we can sort it out.

Cillendor, concerning your signature that you want to place: sadly it is quite a bit larger than what our signature rules allow. Normally a signature of about 3 lines is allowed. The image you showed is quite a bit bigger (to be honest, even your current sig is way over 3 lines).

The reason for this 3-line rule is to keep the forums readable. As you can all see very well in this thread, people post a post of about 1 to 3 lines on average. If that post is then followed by a signature of 4 or more lines, there is more signature than actual post! Which really makes it harder to scan through a thread, nor does it add anything content-wise. Hence the rule .
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2013 03:01
I see your point! ^_\\ I didn't see that in the forum rules, and no one mentioned it before, so I didn't think anything of it. Thankfully, I do have a scaled-down version of that image that will fit much more comfortably here without causing viewing problems (I hope).
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 08:19
I just went to "edit your forum options" and mine worked. Maybe the problem has been fixed.

For the rules, go to Test Forum under Sticky Topics. Read the topic: Regarding signatures and avatars.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 10:35
Just tried getting into "edit your forum options" and it worked. But it took a refresh to get it to work. So it looks like it might be a intermittent problem for the moment, until it is completely fixed.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 06:28
Still not working for me...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 07:47
I went back to check and it was not working. Keep an eye on it though, you might catch it when its working. Soon, soon, it will be fixed soon, I know it...
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 03:12
It will. All important new stuff has been beta tested by staff by now, so it should now be a matter of several days till we have all that's been missed so far available in our forum: signature edits and polls, most importantly.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email