Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3435363738Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, that is totally fine! You can put up the prompt on Friday, and anyone else can do so as well, if they would like.

Tip Tuesday: Your characters will not be interesting if they do not change. Try to show development or backsliding in your imaginary friends when you put them down on paper.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tech Wednesday:

Writeometer is an app that you can use to track your progress on one specific project. It is similar to NaNoProgress, however if you complete this goal, you can get a reward. You select the reward when you begin the project. If you do not, you are reprimanded by the app. I give it a five out of five.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
I stumbled across this contest yesterday. I think I'm going to submit something. There's a $25 fee, but I think it would be fun. Here's the link if anyone is interested! https://faithandfantasyalliance.wordpress.com/escape-short-story-contest/
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Looks cool Rhodi!

Sorry I haven't been on much I am working on my sci fi and fanfiction but I am not participating in this month's mini nano All the tech stuff sounds cool Maxie! Is there any way it is available for computers? Unfortunately I have a ghetto phone and my kindle isn't advanced enough to allow apps.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am sure that there are websites, Cenor. I will be able to look into it further when I am next on the desktop. I will check out the contest then too, rhodil.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, what do you know...I missed Picture Friday. Again. I'm so sorry guys. Maxie, can I just put one up today, maybe?

Rhodi, that contest looks really cool! I don't think I'll be able to enter, but thanks for sharing!

Welcome back, Cenor! Hope to see you around here more!

I'm afraid I haven't been participating in this month's NaNo. It's partially from being busy, mostly just because I couldn't think of anything to write. :/

I did want to say, however - I just started a blog today. As of now, there are no posts up, though I have several ideas of what I want to write about. It will not just be a blog for writing, but also for me to talk about my life. I'm pretty excited about getting it up!

Rhodi, be sure to let us know what happens with the contest!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth I cannot wait to read your blog!

Prompt coming to you soon!
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth- I will! I've got my story written and just need to polish it a little. It's called "Song of the Caged Dove". And make sure you give us the link for your blog so that I can follow you! Blogging is a lot of fun! Right now I'm putting doing serial posts of a character story I wrote for one of the secondary characters in The Rise of Aredor.

Some day I'll start doing the prompts again! I'm in the final three weeks of the semester with all the tests and papers that accompany it. Hope everyone's writing is going well!
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Good luck, rhodil!

Prompt number thirty:

"You thought that I would be rotting away, that I would be a slave to this place. But how can this be? You are begging for me."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Sounds like a fascinating story, Rhodi!

Interesting prompt, Maxie. Not sure if I'll get this one...

I only have my Home and About Me pages done on my blog, but here's the link if you want to check it out: http://letmehavewings.blogspot.com/ I'm working on a post currently, but it still needs a lot of work.

[Edited on 04/23/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yeesh, sorry, I haven't been able to make it in here for a few days.

Mareth, I cannot wait to check out your blog! Hopefully the weekend will provide me with some more time.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Okay! The post is nearly done now, I think. It may need a bit of editing, but we'll see.

At long last, I finally remembered to do the picture prompt...I'm so sorry it took so long, guys!

Sorry that it's not very good...I was looking for awhile, but had a hard time finding a even a tolerable one. :/
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
That's not bad! I have exams but I suppose I could pass this off for English revision...
Hopefully I can do this one!
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Nice picture! I'll try to have something soon!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I HAVE ABANDONED THIS THREAD AND I AM SO SORRY!

Ahem. Excuse me. Some people binge watch a series, I binge read a series.

Anyways, I will be getting this whole operation back on track tomorrow around 2:30.

Here is my response to the prompt.

-----

I cross my arms and dig my nails into my flesh. The wind whips my hair into whimsical knots as my rage seeps into the Earth. If anyone came near me now, wanting me dead, I could kill them with my bare hands.

Love bites. Hatred sings. Anger bleeds. Wind shrieks.

Standing in this valley, I feel lower than I have felt in a long time. Ironic. Queen Darkness, now standing lower than all of her subordinates.

At the treeline, shadows dance and stretch into form, swirling into shape. I lean back against the watchtower and stare as the shadows turn into the man.

We size each other up, and I can't help but allow the grin to slide over my face as he stalks closer.

"You think that this is a game, Miss Harvent?" He asks me, placing a hand on his sword, ready to draw it out.

"Isn't that all we ever were?" I say, drawing my knife and pressing it into my forearm for focus.

"You were suppost to be dead," He snaps at me.

"I am sorry that I haven't been rotting away in my room."

He sighs, and his red eyes glint in the moonlight. His white teeth gnash as he says, "This is your last chance. Join me-join us. The outside world will rip every fiber of your soul and feed it to the rest as entertainment."

"Are you begging for my help?" I say, honestly amused. "Begging for me? I'd like to say that I am flattered, but by now, you know that I have embraced what you always used to call me- a stubborn girl."

Thunder cracks, and he is right in front of my face, glaring into my eyes. I feel the cold point of his blade near the small of my back.

"If you're going to kill me, get it over with," I hiss. But before he can move, I plunge my knife into his wrist.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Prompt Number Thirty One:

Write a piece that spans across all of your Fandoms. For those who do not know, a fandom is the name given to a group of people who have an insane fondness of a book, movie, TV series, etc. It is safe to say that we are all in the Lord of the Rings fandom. But who says you can only belong to one fandom?

If you do, that is fine. If not, show us everything! Let your fandom pride shine!
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Great prompt, Maxie! It is rather dark but well-written. Your MC is so nonchalant!
I haven't disappeared or anything, see? I know I haven't posted anything in a while. I just haven't had anything on the prompts & my updates, well, let's just say they would be very pathetic. Not to mention my being fairly busy these past couple of weeks. This prompt sounds interesting & I'd like to see what everyone else comes up with! Maybe it will help me in the fanfic I abandoned that was supposed to be an LotR spinoff of Rapunzel! (Yes, I think I should put myself in the Disney fandom!)
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Blue. I meant for it to be extremely dark, it was a turning point in my second book. I am glad that I rewrote it, though.

I am super excited to read everyone's prompts for this one...
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
So far, I'm not really sure how to go about this prompt, even though it sounds interesting! My fandoms are just so random & not easily connected.
Anyway, I know I haven't updated for a while, so here it goes. I got through our mini NaNo & got 15,042 words in, so my grand total for the Carnelian Orc is just over 18,000. I'm done with the first draft, so it just needs the usual edits & revisions. I had some help from Mushu & one of Gem's sisters, so thank you both! & I'm excited to say Mushu & I have been quite busy on a coauthored story & have pretty much finished the 3rd of 4 parts.
And this is totally random, but I've been having a fun time with Thranduil lately. He has been rather sassy but also totally precious & sweet. I sure hope it's normal to enjoy your characters that much, be they stolen or completely yours!
How's everyone else doing on the mini NaNo? Today is the last day! O.O
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Blue, congrats on finishing! Unfortunately, due to some very minor health concerns that required a lot of sleep and healing rest, I did not get to finish this months mini NaNo. I hope to do so in May.

Here is my prompt...

---------------------

I am from the tall sheltered trees of Mirkwood,
From sitting in Thranduil's court,
Chasing spiders,
Filthy Orcs,
And helping the Dwarves reclaim their mountain.
I am from bitter tears at the end.

I am from Buckleberry Ferry,
A wizards fireworks,
Ent draught,
Rohirric horses,
Gleaming Palantirs.
I am from the Return of the King.

I am from running from Muttations,
My name in the Reaping,
Sickly sweet roses of red,
Silver parachutes,
Golden pins,
And of Katniss Everdeen and Finnick Odair.

I am from the Muggle world,
A proud Slytherin,
With robes of silver and green,
Dinner with Lucius, Draco, Narcissa and Bellatrix,
Potions class with Snape,
Of "Lumios" as I wave my wand.

The fortunes of the world may rise and fall,
But I will bow to no one,
The odds are ever in my favor,
As I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, I love it! The last stanza ties it all up so wonderfully. Amazing job!

I wrote a little of the introduction to this prompt but need to write some more. I wrote out a list of the key characters and it is a little ridiculous.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Love it Maxie! that was so amazing!
I don't know if I could evvveeerrr tie in all my fandoms.
Well, I'll try!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you! The last stanza is comprised of quotes from the four Fandoms that I wrote about, in this order:

The Hobbit
Lord of the Rings
The Hunger Games
Harry Potter

Glad you all enjoyed it!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hey! Yeah, I've been keeping up with the thread, just not posting...

Both of your prompts are great, Maxie! I really like your fandom one.

And Song read me the beginning of her prompt response - it's awesome. I can't wait for her to finish!

I want to try to write one for this, but I don't know that I'll be able to do it justice.

And I just want to mention that I'm sorry if I don't reply to comments on my blog for a while....I'm still trying to figure everything out, and haven't quite learned how to post a reply to a comment with my blogger profile instead of my Google account. Sorry!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You will figure all of that stuff eventually, Mareth; it takes time to learn how to use the bells and whistles. I look forward to reading your blog!
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys! Guess what? I'm baaaaaaaaacccckk!!! Okay, maybe I'm over reacting lol. It's just that I've just taken my SAT yesterday and (rambles on). Ok I'll shut up now I look forward to participating in the writing prompts.
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie et al,
Okay I hath a suggestion. I believe that maybe a prompt every monday, and one on some fridays is too much. I know that I, for one, like to take quite a lot of time, and although at the moment I can't contribute much due to exams and so on, I see that less than 3 or 4 people reply to each prompt, although there are about 7,8 people who regularly contribute here. Now I don't want to seem to be trying to spearhead any reformation or anything, but I personally think that maybe a prompt every fortnight would be better? Or at least only one a week? I think that would give a chance for more people to write, after all we are all readers as well as writers and, well, the more to read (and the more variety of writers) the better. If we did change to once a fortnight then maybe more people could contribute for each prompt. Just a suggestion, please ignore or think about it as you see fit.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Alex, welcome back! I was just thinking about you the other day; I miss you!

PSK, we have been doing only one prompt a week; the picture Friday has seemed to crash and burn. I have been unwell lately and unable to update Tech Wednesday and Tip Tuesday, but I will be getting back on track this week.

[Edited on 05/03/2015 by findemaxam48]
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Ah okay. I suppose it is also partly because I am busy that it seems like it is too much. When I finish exams I will probably be campaigning for three or four a week!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome back, Alex!! I, too missed you. It's great to see you again!

I do agree with PSK, that while I like both Prompt Monday and Picture Friday, having both in the same week is a bit much. If we still want to have a day for pictures, maybe we could alternate between having a normal prompt and then having a picture? And I hope you get better soon, Maxie!

Good luck on the exams and such, PSK!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Mareth!

Prompt Number Thirty Seven:

What is your main character afraid of? Write a piece that addresses those fears, however brief or complex that you wish.

Sorry that this is so late, I just got home from a gruelling six hour rehearsal at a local basilica.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
I also agree that having so many prompts is a bit much. I just haven't had any inspiration with them is why I haven't done any lately; I thought about doing last week's but had a feeling it would end up in places that I don't really want to go (nothing bad or anything! Just not really good for a forum page, if that makes sense.). Now this one, I will definitely try to do! Although I am not sure which MC to choose!
Oh, & if we are still doing a mini NaNo each month (20,000 words this time?) I'm doing yet another story, the fourth installment of Mushu's and my miniseries.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yep, 20,000 words this time around! Best of luck!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tip Tuesday

Always research. Research anything related to your stories. Is your character grieving? Look up the process. Poisoned? Look up the effects of toxins. Be realistic in what you write.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tech Wednesday

Pinterest is a site where you can sort the things you love. I am not going to go through a tutorial on how to use the site, as may of you have already joined.

But have any of you realized how valuble that this can before writers? You can search for and get visuals of settings, characters, and clothing. You can get names,personalities and prompts. Most of all, you can get writing advice! I would consider joining,if you haven't already.
<< First3435363738Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email