Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post What is your Zodiac Sign?
on: April 17, 2013 09:51
OK everybody, here is finally a topic for this. So yeah, post what yours is, and what you think about it. (Note: I do not really believe in astrology or anything, I just think it's interesting.
Further Note: When I am talking about the Zodiac and stuff, I am just talking about the astronomy side of it, as I totally disagree with anything relating to actual witchcraft or alchemy.
)

I'll start.

Booyah! They hit me right on the nose with my astrological profile.

Aries Horoscope
"Arieses are generally bubbling with vitality and have a great sense of adventure. Pioneers by nature, they are usually the first to venture out on a risky project. For instance, when day trading first came on the scene, most of those involved were Aries.

The dynamic personality of those born under the Aries zodiac is their most attractive trait. Though they are acknowledged as daring leaders, Arieses often fall into the trap of “thinking they know better”. They have an acute sense of discernment but seldom bother to investigate the specifics of a situation.

If a good cause exists to stand up for something or resolve a conflict, Arieses will certainly rise to the occasion. Their courageous spirit compels them to put their lives on the line for others but also expect them to be infuriated with you for getting in harm’s way in the first place!

General Characteristics

Strengths:
Brave, enthusiastic, strong-minded, confident

Weaknesses:
Impatient, often entangled in petty arguments (One of my favorite pastimes lol), limited by fear-(wrong on that one!)

Charismatic marks:
Muscular build (yep!), young at heart, energetic, assertive leadership qualities (I think so.)

Physical activity (Um, YEAH!!!), spontaneity, winning (!!)

Dislikes:
Delays, being preached to, conceding defeat (yes), any form of opposition (Actually, having opposition makes you stronger)"

And yes, Image is my element.

(Image by cooltext.com : Free Graphics Generator)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: What is your Zodiac Sign?
on: April 17, 2013 06:41
Leoflic_Nightleaf, I guess "Happy Birthday, to you" is in order.

I have always enjoyed learning about the different Zodiac signs. Some traits are right on the money and others are not; still a fun pastime.

I was born on December 2 so that makes me a Sagittarius. (Nov. 23 to Dec.21)

I will tell you a little about this sign and also note, the female traits can be somewhat different from the male, but I will not go into that now.

Sagittarians have a postive outlook on life, are full of energy, versatility and eagerness to experience new things.(yep) They are basically ambitious and optimistic even when their hopes are dashed.

They are honorable, honest, trustworthy, generous and sincere and are usually on the side of the underdog. They will fight for any cause they believe is just. (!)

Sagittarians are somewhat religious but will not hesitate to change their beliefs if it suits them.

They are very outspoken and often say things without thinking causing hurt feelings. They lack tact but are never deliberately mean.

Sagittarian females do not like to dress up....they can always be found wearing jeans and a T-shirt. Now that one, is way off for me....

So let's hear from some other signs. Remember...this is for amusement only.

[Edited on 08/01/2013 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 07:58
Oh yeah, by the way, I got that from bzodiac.com.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2013 12:50
From Wikipedia, "Astrology has been rejected by the scientific community as having no explanatory power for describing the universe. Scientific testing of astrology has been conducted, and no evidence has been found to support any of the premises or purported effects outlined in astrological traditions. Where astrology has made falsifiable predictions, it has been falsified. There is no proposed mechanism of action by which the positions and motions of stars and planets could affect people and events on Earth that does not contradict well understood, basic aspects of biology and physics."
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: April 18, 2013 02:13
If you can guess my sign then maybe there's something in it.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
I'm a Libra, I honestly don't know much about my sign, but here's some info that I was able to pull up.
Astrological Profile
Libra Horoscope
Libras are active people who love sports, being on the road and being out in the open. They also have a great liking for the arts and entertainment. Libras may act silly sometimes and often waste time daydreaming or making believe as they have quite an imagination. However, they are also capable of committing to serious work. Those bearing the Libra sign are staunch advocates of human rights, justice and equal opportunities for everyone. They also believe that all men are brothers. Admirable though that may be, Libras are hopeless at putting their beliefs into action and are more often than not, mere fence-sitters. There are also times when they fail to observe these ideals in their very own lives! Libras tend to be emotionally impulsive. Therefore, they show poor judgment in matters of the heart no matter how perceptive they may be. This predisposition also makes it difficult for them to carry out their plans effectively as they are easily side-tracked. Another negative trait is selfishness and stubbornness.
General Characteristics
Strengths:
Gregarious, impartial, tactful, supportive
Weaknesses:
Prone to a wishy-washy attitude, vindictive, amicable, easily depressed
Charismatic marks:
Flat features but good looking, average build, poised
Peace and tranquility, sharing, being out-of-doors
Dislikes:
Discrimination, aggression, conformism, churlish behavior
Best environment:
Peaceful and quiet surroundings where there is good company

I can definitely say that I'm stubborn almost to a fault. But a redeeming quality that friends have noticed is that I'm genuine and not 'wishy-washy'. For the most part this sign seems to represent me pretty well. Yet I know that I'm born on the 22nd of October and some resources says that I'm a scorpio. And I don't have any information on that one.

Chinese Zodiac I'm a Dragon...actually an Earth Dragon...
While Dragons frequently help others, rarely will they ask for help. Others are attracted to Dragons, especially their colorful personalities, but deep down, Dragons prefer to be alone. Perhaps that is because they’re most successful when working alone. Their preference to be alone can come across as arrogance or conceitedness, but these qualities aren’t applicable. Dragons have tempers that can flare fast!
Now if we are going to be looking at the dragon...that does sound a lot like me. It's not like I think everyone is working wrong, but I know I can get everything done and done well on my own...most of the time. LOL (I found some info about Chinese Zodiac at chinesezodiac.com)
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I'm a Capricorn. Apparently this is me:

Practical and prudent
Ambitious and disciplined
Patient and careful
Humorous and reserved
On the dark side....
Pessimistic and fatalistic
Miserly and grudging
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im a Capricorn, as well! I am practical, disciplined, funny (albeit a little darkly sometimes O.o) reserved, maybe a little pessimistic and grudging. Ah well, dont really believe these things anyways.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I must say the Star Signs have always led me in the right direction with people. There are some signs I get along with and some I don't and I can pretty much tell what sign a person is after I meet them. It is just a fun pastime for me. I have always enjoyed talking to female Capricorns...
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
haha I wonder who that could be???
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I found out in astronomy class that many people where actually born under a different sign than the one the newspaper dates show because the newspapers and magazines use dates that were accurate about 4000 years ago, and things have shifted, which makes the whole thing even sillier, but I do sometimes look just to get a laugh at how many of the vague statements can apply to the same person at the same time.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That makes a lot of sense. And thats very interesting, by the way. The statements do always seem to be a little vauge, but they are fun to look at regardless.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Some of you may have read this, but here is the full astrological profile for Capricorns.

"The pragmatic Capricorn can sense at once whether a new concept is going to work. Their forthright attitude also means that if they think you fall short, they will have no problem telling it “to your face”. Capricorns are great at improvising too. They are quick to adopt good ideas and can make all the necessary adjustments to make them perfect for the given situation.

Those bearing the Capricorn zodiac are generally people with grand ambitions. However, though they go all out to succeed, you can be sure that they will do so with great integrity. Capricorns are very responsible in their duties as they are disciplined people who accomplish their work with a spirit of excellence.

People born under this sign have an easygoing temperament and can maintain their composure even when relating with irascible people. They are also very understanding people who can listen to others pour out their woes with much patience. Capricorns are humorous too! They have a more satirical bent though and their jokes are often tongue-in-cheek.
General Characteristics
Strengths:
Dependable, well-disciplined, a good leader, humorous (albeit a little on the dark side)
Weaknesses:
Have a tendency to be snobby smart-alecks, pessimistic, vindictive
Charismatic marks:
Have an average build and are generally lax in the area of physical fitness though they have no problem getting in shape
Family, time-honored traditions, skillful handiwork, maintaining a low profile, music
Dislikes:
One thing or another at any given time
Best environment:
Affirmative work environment, modern settings that are also rich in culture, situations where they are in control."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, the stars have never failed me regarding the zodiac signs. There are some signs that I, as a Sagiattarius, do not get along with. There is also the Chinese zodiac which is different from the common zodiac that we are more familiar with.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, Leoflic, I have read that profile! thats the one that I read and posted on here before the site was hacked and wiped out all recent posts. It's pretty much accurate

Whats the difference between Chinese zodiac and the one we know?
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Rather than being determined by the month/day/year you're born in, the Chinese (or Japanese, though rather than Rabbit they have Cat) bases it's personality and predictions on the year you're born in. There are 12 signs and they usually start in January or February I do believe. There are cycles with various differences such as metal, wood, fire that change some of the characteristics. I believe I'm a Metal Dragon, but it's been awhile so I'm not 100% certain. I'm married to Rabbit and have a Rabbit son and a Pig daughter (and if you don't think THAT spawned some unkind comments!!!). Dragons are supposed to be charismatic but also rather narcissistic and arrogant. I HOPE I'm not that way!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, the Chinese zodiac goes by years instead of months like the Western does. The Chinese zodiac has animals that represent each year and the cycle goes back to the beginning every 12 years. It is easier to look it up on Wikipedia than to explain it.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ahh...Ok! I just looked it up and I was born in the year of the Tiger. My younger sister was born in the year of the monkey.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
Aries.
Eadburga
Council Member
Send Message

Leo Horoscope
The Leo is giving, willing to help those in need. Very cheerful and uplifting, they will be the first to help you through a hard time. The Leo’s personality is full of charm and excitement, and they are very giving and kind.

Exciting and alluring, people are drawn to them. They are persevering and committed to hard work while at the same time drawn to the luxuries of life, making them good friends or mates.

Being a patron of the arts, the Leo’s love for music and level of creativity is unmatched by others, making them well known amongst their peers.

Pompous and biased, the flamboyant nature of the Leo will like result retreat or withdrawal once challenged.

~I aear can ven na mar~
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I'm an Aries!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Astrology's roots are probably contemporary with the Epic of Gilgamesh, so over 4000 years old. In fact, I have a book by one Werner Papke (only to be found in the German Wikipedia), dated 1994, linking the Epic of Gilgamesh to ancient astronomy / astrology (probably no difference back then), though the reception in the relevant scientific community was lukewarm.

Anyway, earth's axial precession proceeds at the rate of about 1 degree every 72 years, meaning the stars shift their position (this is best seen in the date when any given star which has dipped below the horizon reappears for the first time). That makes 30 degrees in 2160 years. So astrological tables based on ancient Sumerian star charts are about two months out of whack by now. I've read somewhere that the currently used astrological tables are maybe half as old, so also about one month off.

Errrrr ...

Are monthly magazines by any chance published according to astrological tables? Would introduce a minimum of sense into their self-dating ...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I read something recently about all of our star signs being off originally, and now the *charts* are rewritten or something like that...in that case, I am not a Capricorn, but a Sagittarius. I elect to ignore that new information, and will still call myself a Capricorn.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
By the dates currently given in astrological publications I'm an Aquarius. Now, yes, I learned to swim early and loved messing around in or on the water for a long time. But then why does Michael Phelps, born 30 June, 1985 and thus a Cancer by the above publications, have 23 more Olympic gold medals than I do? Even the German term, "Krebs", which besides the illness cancer also means crab, is utterly unconvincing (crabs don't swim, mostly). Totally illogical, as Mr. Spock might have said.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email