Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
The yo-mama jokes are kind of... hm... how to put this. Not very funny actually and of the sort of joke that's intended to offend. Blonde jokes? Meh... some are funny, some are just... blonde. :O Did I just say that?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I always felt the yo-mama *jokes* were racist and I also do not like insulting humour..if you want to call it humour.

My best friend was a blonde...bleached. She always laughed at the blonde jokes. She really worked them and used them to her advantage.

I guess I like real life humour. The ones about everyday life..normal goings on that a good comedian can make funny. Tim Allen makes me laugh. So did George Carlin.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry if I offended you Lindarielwen and BelleBayard. I just see it as a bit of fun, but sorry if you see it otherwise.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
BelleBayard
Send Message
Perhaps it's a generational thing, PSK, but truly, I really don't find them funny. Insulting jokes can often have whatever group inserted to poke fun at them. However, given the vernacular, SOME people may find them offensive and truly, we have tried not to poke the bear.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Ah I see, again sorry if I offended anyone. I am sure your mothers (or you, if you are mothers) are all very nice people.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, PSK, I take no offense. I wouldn't even take offense if you told some "Polish" jokes. And besides, you are not the first one to do Yo Mama jokes...those showed up here almost two years ago. I just find no humour in them but my black friends tell them all the time so to each his own.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Haha, fulfilling the stereotype perfectly. I didn't think you would Lindarielwen but just to be safe.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
No joke on this page so far, so I'll try a lawywer joke ...

"Why don't you ever see lawyers at the beach?
The cats keep covering them up with sand. ..."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
LOL....okay, at last, a joke that made me laugh. Image
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
A joke about Scots:

What's the difference between a Scotsman and a coconut?
You can get a drink out of a coconut.
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
I always laugh at dumb jokes, so here's one:

What's brown and sticky?
A stick.
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Then there was the newspaper story about the four-foot tall fortune teller who escaped from jail and the headlines ran:
"Small medium at large."
BelleBayard
Send Message
Now THAT'S funny, Gandolorin. Hehehehe...
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I'm sorry, but my favorite joke book - by Alan Pease - is rather short of PG 13 jokes, so ...

Another joke about Scots:

What's the difference between a Scotsman and a canoe?
A canoe sometimes tips.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email