Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I try to be on everyday, but sometimes, stuff happens. The internet on my account has been all out of whack, so Im actually using my Mom's right now.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48 said:Long enough so that all the crazy people are starting to affect my sanity.

Nearly a year.

We're starting to effect your sanity?? Excuse me???

I wish the Members List was working...than I could see what day it was that I joined...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Flying Elf
Council Member
Send Message
[b]Mareth_Ravenlock saidWe're starting to effect your sanity?? Excuse me???

I shall fall over laughing now.

I've been here about 3 weeks, maybe it's a bit less.

Sanity is no fun; insanity is XD
Home is behind, the world ahead...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
"I shall now fall over laughing" sounds exactly like something I would say. I prefer to think of myself as crazy, not insane. The definition of "insane" is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. My little brother was doing that while playing the game "Bad Piggies" the other day. It was driving me bonkers...

Well, a belated welcome to CoE, then!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Gandolorin said: I still have my welcome e-mail, so I can pinpoit it exactly:
27 November 2013 ...

Gandolorin has the right of it -- if you still have your PM from Rosearialelven or me, you are within an hour to a day of your join date.

The original member list had our names, member number and join date but as Bell said, it's not working. We also had them on our profile. Lots of changes since February 16, 2003! Another month and it will be 11 years for me! Even though I've been welcoming since June of that year (so far I've sent out 39,500 welcome PMs), it feels like yesterday! Oh, and I'm #6970!

A little history: Back then the site was still forming and we were all building the Encyclopedia, Gallery, and other parts of the site. We were granted points for submitting needed information and that's why you see titles other than CoE Member under members names who are not mods or admins. The title of CoE Volunteer was granted for 25 points, a personal avatar pool for 50 points, and your own title for 100 points, among others.

There were also Journals, lots of RPGing, and themes you could make and use yourself. Yeah, lots of changes.

I had NO idea when I joined way back then that I'd still be here, but I've made some awesome friends and it is definitely home!
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I've actually only been on here for a few months or so. I don't know EXACT time, but I LOVE CoE. You can ask my friends, I'm always on it at school when I get a chance and it keeps me busy when I have nothing to do
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
I've been on here for about two years, and I love it and everyone's so nice!
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Year and a half.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Um, I think it's been about 10 months.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
I found it, in the newbies welcome thread! The messages don't show the year, that's why it was so hard to find!
It was on the 28th December 2009, so it's almost 5 years.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Seven months by now
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Year and three quarters!
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
February 10 2014 (I believe)
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
Around 4 1/2 years ago, I think. Can't be sure, since I didn't start posting for the first six months or so
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
I've been here for exactly 1 year from September 3rd (my birthday).
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Almost two years! A few more months.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Two years! Two years on this day!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie! Maxie! Congratulations! CoE is what caused us to meet and I am thankful that I know you. I hope we both are members and are friends until all else fades away.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, I thank you for your kind words, and I echo your sentiments! CoE has been the cause of many wonderful friendships for me, and as the site grows, the more friendships I make. I hope for many more years to come!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I have been here for two years and a few months. CoE is a wonderful place, and I have made so many good friends in my time here.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
CoE is a place where people of similar interests can come together. I think that is why so many of us have bonded. I never thought when I joined here that I would hear the voices of fellow members over the phone. CoE is like a second home for so many of us.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, you are so right! I cannot imagine my life without so many of you. It makes me wonder what I even did before I joined here.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
So, I went back in the old newbies thread and found my introduction post. I joined October 14, 2012. I should put it on my calender and have a celebration this year.

I love the Council so much, and all of the wonderful people here that have become such dear friends to me. I don't know what I would do without you all!

[Edited on 01/31/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Memory has faded, but in browsing the site, I found a comment made by me dated December 29 2003 here on the best Varda portrayal ever!

So that is 11, pushing on to 12 years. I was first registered as Arassuil, but I forgot my password after I changed my email due to a crazy internet stalker, so couldn't get the reset code for that account.

[Edited on 02/28/2015 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I've been here not too long, but I believe it was before last Christmas I finally stopped being a 'Guest' visitor of 1 year, and became a council member
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
ItarildeSirfalas said:I've been here not too long, but I believe it was before last Christmas I finally stopped being a 'Guest' visitor of 1 year, and became a council member

....and the Council gained a most excellent member!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I, too, ghosted the site for about a year before I became official. I have no idea why I was so wary of joining.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, today is my Council of Elrond anniversary. I joined on March 6, 2006 so now I can happily say, that today, I have been a member for 9 wonderful years.

In that time, I have seen many *one post wonders* and cannot help but think what became of them and why they did not stay. There is not one member still here that I met when I first joined.

It has been wonderful meeting new people from all over the world and I am thankful for all the hard work that goes into keeping this site up and running.

So happy anniversary to me and to all of you, dear friends, it has been a pleasure getting to know so many of you.

I guess the best part has been finding someone I thought was lost to me so many many years ago. So you never know what lies ahead. I look forward to staying a member of the Council of Elrond until all else fades away.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
curka
Council Member
Send Message
Happy nine years Lindarielwen. I am so happy that the council brought us back together. You are the love of my life my princess and we both have this wonderful site to thank for bringing us back together. I love you my wonderful girlfriend and hope we spend many more years in this amazing site.
The divine in me acknowledges the divine in you.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
You have always said such beautiful things to me. I treasure every word.

There is an old song by Led Zeppelin called *Thank You*

If the sun refused to shine, I will still be loving you
When the mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me

...and we will still be members of the Council of Elrond.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Wow Lindarielwen!

The 13th will mark my 10th month here
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen,how the time has flown. I am so grateful that I have met you here. We have run through the forests of Lothlorien, fought in the halls of Mirkwood, and have spoken with the Lady of Light...but still, the box has not yet been opened. I thank God that I have found a friend in you, and I hope that we remain friends until the stars touch the Earth.

Cenor, how the time has flown.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Sweet Maxie, when you put it that way, we sure have had many adventures together and I think we will have many more. The words you wrote mean so much to me as does your friendship. I hope we continue roaming Middle-earth together and don't worry, that darn box will get opened one of these days

Cenor, before you know it, that ten months will be ten years!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email