Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Just beautiful, Michelle.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! It really is a lot of fun to take pictures. Sometimes I forget how much I enjoy it.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Lovely daffs Mareth. The snowdrops and crocuses are out here in Yorkshire, even earlier than last year.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Tarc! You should get some pictures. I'd love to see them!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welp, that didn't work. Ah well.

[Edited on 03/28/2016 by findemaxam48]
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
tarcolan
Send Message
Maxie!! Yay!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Tarc! Yay!

TinyPic doesn't like my Mac and Photobucket runs incredibly slow. I'll find a way to post my lovely pictures eventually.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message

Took this one when we went to VA Beach early in the morning on a Friday before my classes. Well worth the hour drive.
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
tarcolan
Send Message
"Many of these trees were my friends"

[Edited on 05/31/2018 by tarcolan]
tarcolan
Send Message
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Love your pictures, Tarc!

I took these pictures in my yard a few weeks ago using my brother's camera...I can't remember what it's called. That was the day I finally learned how to use manual focus because the auto focus with that particular lens was mostly noise and no focus. Anyway.

Wild White Clover flowers:

[Edited on 06/14/2016 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Very pretty, Mareth.

Great trees tarcolan.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Hello again everyone! I have not been about here in ages, but I have missed the community, and soon like most weary travellers in middle earth I found my feet wandering toward the last homely house. Lovely photos everyone, its always a pleasure to see the many strange and interesting thing which everyone takes photos of. It rather reminds me of The hobbit walking song. Anyway that's enough rambling.

I have started doing a range of positive quote photos, I have found inspiring quotes too be the only thing I have left in my battles with mental illness, So I wanted to bring them to life, with an interesting or amusing picture. I hope they may inspire and bring hope to others.

ImageImprove the world.... by Erinus, on Flickr

Its nice to be back around here, I hope everyone is keeping well. (do excuse any spelling mistakes, rather tired.)
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
tarcolan
Send Message
Great picture Erinus, and a wonderful quote. This is one of my favourites-
"Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated." -Coretta Scott King

We are always here for you, have no doubt.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you. Oh that is a great quote thanks for sharing.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
tarcolan- I love your photo from June 9th, the b/w line of trees. The first one in the row looks as though it is invoking some power. Very effective.

Aragorn16Estel - I wish you peace, joy and comfort in your journey. The idea of working with positive quotes and images seems very wise to me. Wishing you all the best.

[Edited on 07/29/2016 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
tarcolan
Send Message
Thank you Neenime. I thought that tree looked like it was dancing.

Imagesunflower
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Neenime, I am most grateful for your kind words.

Lovely Sunflower tarcolan, the rich and vibrant yellows are astonishing.

Something a little different, I went down to the woods and took a few pictures, unfortunately there where a few Dragons about..

ImageSkyrim Dragon by Erinus, on Flickr

ImageWatch the skies by Erinus, on Flickr

ImageFire and Death by Erinus, on Flickr

Peace
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Gosh! It's been a long since I've last posted here but I'm back again! And since we're on the topic of photography...here's a picture I'd like to share;
https://www.deviantart.com/feynaskydancer/art/Legolas-in-the-woods-750266040

[Edited on 02/08/2019 by Feyna]

[Edited on 08/25/2021 by tarcolan]
tarcolan
Send Message
The road goes ever on
FluffyTheFriendlyUrukHai
Council Member
Send Message
Oh wow. That's beautiful!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
My friendly local Raven I've named 'Maw'.

Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
tarcolan
Send Message
Has Maw trained you yet?

It's a pity most of the pics here are lost but cloud hosting sites always ends up wanting dosh. I gave up in the end.
Here's one for old time's sake
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
tarcolan said:Has Maw trained you yet?

She has pretty well got me where she wants me. She and Crowley her partner were quite active in tapping the front window in the mornings to get treats. Unfortunately Maw had a run-in with Doggo down the street and she was badly injured. The good news is she is steadily recovering. Her left leg was broken and healed at an angle so she has the pirate/biker walk now, and her breast was quite damaged. It too has healed somewhat but still needs some time before her feathers grow back enough to cover her wound.

Add to this they had two young ones in the nest in the neighbor's palm tree. Now they visit regularly, and Crowley and Maw will leave then unattended in our back yard while they go off places. One of them likes to speed-fly so I call it 'Zoom'. Loves to do close flybys at speed. I haven't come up with a name for the other one yet.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email