Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You emailed that to me. I like it muchly!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Been doing some photography this afternoon in my Garden with my 1:6 WW2 figures. I was trying to achieve an almost real look to the images. I had great fun throwing dirt around to try and get it in the shot!
Madness of War by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

Cowering in the Mud. by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

Artillery Bombardment by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

Overall I'm really very happy how they came out!

Nice shot of the frost/snow Mareth wish I could have some in the UK......

-Chris

[Edited on 03/13/2014 by Aragorn16Estel]
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
^^ Chris those are SO COOL! I thought it was real at first
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Those are magnificent, Chris!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks very much! I had a lot of fun taking them! Although my poor figures had to endure rains of mud!
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Here's that waterfall again, time exposure.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Brilliant Waterfall shot, I love the Time exposure.
tarcolan
Send Message
Thanks Chris. Old cameras are fun. I just held the shutter open for a while, can't remember how long.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Great waterfall, Tarc. 'Tis very beautiful.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, it's beautiful!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I don't remember if I put this one up or not. It's my grandfather's house.

Lady Miriel Gelliam
Council Member
Send Message
That's really neat, Maxie! The house looks super cute and vintagey (I have this thing with putting "y" or "ish" on the ends of adjectives, if you can't tell) and the sepia tones and all really fit the style, I think. It's really well done!
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important." ~ The Eleventh Doctor
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
I quite agree, it looks very vintagey! I too have a bit of a thing with adding "Y" or "ish"! Its a beautiful shot, Almost reminds me of Bag end a bit
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank You! I took the pic right at sunset when the light really starts to come through the windows there. Glad everyone liked it!
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Tarc, that shot is beautiful! Did you have it on a tripod? The camera shake can get annoying if you're trying to take the shot while holding it. I've come across yet another vintage camera given to me for free by a friend whose grandfather had passed away but had used it in traveling. It's a cute little Fujica AZ-1. And once again, I can't get it to work I have no luck with these film cameras, but I want to learn how to use them so bad!!!
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Here's a picture of a butterfly I got yesterday:
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
tarcolan
Send Message
Lovely butterfly Mellwen. Spring has arrived there then.
Maxie, have you got your camera to take bigger pics yet?

lotrelessar, is the shutter lock lever off? Are the batteries OK? It should work without batteries but you won't get any metering lights. Have you tried it on the B setting? If you haven't got a manual you can download it from http://www.butkus.org/chinon/fujica/fujica_az1/fujica_az-1.htm. It would be a shame if you can't get it working, the lens is pretty good.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im working on it, tarc...for some reason it works in other threads but not this one...I'll keep trying.

Beautiful, Mell!
tarcolan
Send Message
Which other threads? Do you mean here or other sites? The image is on tinypic and there it's already.. err... tiny - 140 pixels wide. That's tiny. What's the size of the original?
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Tarc, I've downloaded that exact manual haha. And the batteries were brand new. The batteries that the manual calls for are called MS-76 but they don't make any with that name anymore. I Googled what kind of battery they are now, and they are apparently called SR44's. I bought those exact ones. The camera turns on but where it shows the numbers in the viewfinder, the manual says that the numbers will appear red and if its at full battery, it will be between or higher than 300-500. But my viewfinder shows 5-15, or whatever the lowest increment was (I don't have the camera in front of me).

I've tried it on every mode, including B, and I always made sure the lock was off. I was able to get 2 or 3 shots out of it and now it refuses to work, it won't even wind the film.... It stinks because it's hard to find camera stores around here that service this kind of film camera.
tarcolan
Send Message
You're not having much luck with old cameras are you? It's a reasonably good camera with a good lens and nice focus system. I found this on apug.org -

Frank Marshman (CameraWiz) seems to be able to work on anything, and he often won't charge for something he can't fix, even if he's put some labor into it--1-800-471-8133
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes Tarc, spring is here. I believe it's in the 70°F's outside right now.

Sorry about your camera, Ele. That's a shame.

Here's a picture I took a couple weeks ago:

~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Send Message
Beautiful shot Mareth. Well done. If you zoom in on the raindrop you get a lovely upside-down view of the background... in focus! Photography is such fun.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys. Yeah, nice pic sis.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful shot Mareth!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks everyone.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh! I like it alot! Im going to set it as my new desktop. If thats OK?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, that's fine. I'm glad you like it!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The weather has been so inclement lately. I really wanted to get some pictures of the budding trees, but it's impossible.
Lady Miriel Gelliam
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, that's so sad. Is it just super bad lighting sort of weather? (Pardon my grammar - that sentence won't come out right!). Besides the whole rain factor. Budding anythings are so pretty. We've got a crabapple that's gorgeous right now and hopefully I can get a pic close to worthy of being posted alongside of all of these.
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important." ~ The Eleventh Doctor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It's been rainy, and all of the trees bloomed overnight. Maybe I can get some pf the budding flowers instead. I'd better act fast.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
It would be lovely to see some budding flowers, the rain can really bring things alive.

[Edited on 05/26/2014 by Aragorn16Estel]
tarcolan
Send Message
We went out to this place today, Kilnsey Crag.

Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful shot Tarcolan, looks very much like somewhere on the boarders of the shire,
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email