Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wow...no activity here for awhile. :/ Great photos, everyone!

This picture of part of my front yard is for all my friends who are buried in snow right now:

We planted some rye grass in the front yard, because my Mom doesn't like to look at dead brown grass all winter.

[Edited on 12/26/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, Mareth! Great angle, great lens flare! What's your camera model?
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! It's my Mom's camera. It's a Canon EOS M.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
This is a picture I took a few weeks ago:

And I took this one a few months ago:

What do y'all think?

[Edited on 12/29/2014 by Mellwen_Bronwewen]
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Beautiful photos Mareth and Mell. It's always worth taking shots into the sun like that, they don't always work but they're great when they do.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful, for the both of you!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys! Yeah Tarc. I love taking pictures of sunsets. In the first picture I wish there were mountains so it would look like Mordor.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh Mell, the pictures are just beautiful! I hope you get them printed and framed.

Mareth you took that photo at such an interesting angle..really nice.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Mell! Love your photos as well! Why can't I be as creative as you guys?
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Lindarielwen and Alex! @Lindarielwen, I don't have them printed or framed yet, but maybe I can talk my oldest brother into doing it for me. @Alex, haha! Hey, it's not hard to take pictures like me. Just grab a camera, snap away, edit it, and there you go (but my siblings say I'm meant to be an artist, not a photographer. Apparently they don't like my pictures).
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Mell, you take wonderful pictures. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise

This is not a very good picture but when I went outside, I saw the moon in one of the star lights on my patio.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, that is such a beautiful shot!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful, Lindarielwen!
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I have a feeling that I might be posting here from time to time. I love taking pictures
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
We would love to see some of your pictures, Cupcake. You cannot put them on here directly from your computer though. You have to have tinypics or imgur or something. I am not knowledgeable about this.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yep,through Tinypic and Photobucket. Other sites can work as well, but these seem to be the best. Upload your picture onto the site and then copy paste the "forum" code into your post. Before you do, click the fifth icon from the right just under "Quick Reply." Be sure to paste the code within there.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Actually, I now prefer http://postimage.org/. It's ad-free, so you don't have to worry about inappropriate images popping up as would sometimes happen to me on tinypic.

We got snow here yesterday! First snow that I have seen all winter.

[Edited on 02/26/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
First snow? I was surprised to hear that, Mareth.

What a lovely photo, Mareth. I love it. The ice droplets are beautiful. You have a very good *eye* for taking photographs.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, we rarely get snow here. Perhaps once or twice a year, if that. Snow and most bad weather tends to go right around our house.

Thank you! I'm afraid I can't take credit for the little skill I may posses as photographer...what I know is likely due to having a photographer for my oldest brother.

Here is another one:

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I hope it's alright for me to post another picture now.

Happy first day of Spring, everyone!

[Edited on 03/20/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
tarcolan
Send Message
Great shots Mareth. Don't worry about the skill thing, it comes with practice.
This one is in my local park.
Imagebenches

[Edited on 03/21/2015 by tarcolan]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, I love how you guys go from snow to flowers in...what, five days?

Tarc, I love that photo! The benches look so cool!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Something like that, Maxie.

Great picture, Tarc!
tarcolan
Send Message
The road goes ever on and... oh sticklebacks!

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Ha! Nice one, Tarc! Looks like you'll need a bit of help from passing travelers to get that out of the way.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Goodness these pictures of the Sun, sky and flowers are simply breath taking, I have been away for a while, wandering the paths of Deviant Art (strange paths indeed...), but I through I would stop by the COE again, and goodness me there is some amazing pictures here, it is a pleasure to see them all! Keep it up folks!

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, Chris, you have not been around in so long. Your pictures were always great so come on and post some!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Chris! Nice to see you again! I cannot wait to see more of your art!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you so much for the welcome! I do have some new shots to share actually. here is one I took in my Bedroom, it inspired by the video game Skyrim, but it could suit any fantasy world really.

ImageNightingales Box #1 by Erinus20, on Flickr
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Very cool Aragorn16Estel!

Here are some "clouds before the storm" there were some tornadoes about 20 min away after I took these...

[Edited on 04/19/2015 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Spooky clouds, Cenor. Great shots.

Chris I just love the vignettes you design. They are always unique and interesting.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome back, Chris. It's nice to see you again! And that is an amazing photo, as always.

Great job, Cenor! I love watching the sky as a storm approaches.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you everyone! Those clouds look mighty fearsome and threatening, I am very glad I live here in the UK safe from such things as tornadoes, such things must be difficult to live with I imagine, but then again I am a rather "scardy cat" when it comes to such things, I'm a bit too like a hobbit.
tarcolan
Send Message
Hi Chris, nice to hear from you again. Lovely photo. Actually the UK has more tornadoes than the US - for the area. Only baby ones though, might loosen a roof tile.
I went for a walk today, found a huorn.
tarcolan
Send Message
I went for another walk, found some wood sorrel.

<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email