Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1213141516Last >>
Author Topic:
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'd happily post again, but I left my post open for someone else to follow on from it. I'm happy for us to either head towards Rivendell or Lórien? If we head to Rivendell I have an idea for our next mission but I'll wait until everyone has decided upon our direction I'll also bring Hirnaeranin in once Cenor and I have put our plan in action

Also, I just wanted to confirm as I've noticed his name appears one way, his name is HIRNAERANIN. I had to put it in capitals as otherwise it looks like the r and n make an m

[Edited on 11/10/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, I am guilty of HIM....yes, the *r* and the *n* together make it look like an *m*.

Maybe we should make a list of chars and the spelling of their names and if they are male or female. I think the only guys we now have are Hirnaeranin and Bildarion as Thurinlass is MIA. We have Maldor, the healer from Lorien but he comes around mostly as *fill*.

Oh, I forgot our newest male...Eurion, our human Dunedain. It really does get hard to keep track.

Lorien seems to be our home base. We go there for supplies and rest. Linriel was raised there and she has a box from her deceased mother that she has yet to open. Rivendell sounds good to me as we have never been there.

We can wrap up the battle in a few more posts, have a bit of fellowship and head out. But I think we will all need a good night's rest.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I think that's a good and useful idea to list all of CPs active characters and iterate their gender etc. Maybe not their entire profiles but certainly their origin, race and relations? If that makes sense?

For (a very generic) example, here are my two characters I write for:

Itarildë Half-Elven
Female Elf (Half-Elven), from Imladris, born to Elrohir in TA 1774 (so she is around 1,200 and something years old), and grandaughter to Elrond. Her horse is Silmë, who is a white horse with a pale mane.

Hirnaeranin
Male elf, originally from the Grey Havens, but moved to Rivendell as a very young elf with his parents, born in TA 1474 (making him around 1,500 years old). He is a messenger/envoy of Rivendell. He owns a dark brown indifferent horse called Sirdal.

[Edited on 11/10/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Green51leaf
Council Member
Send Message
Arwen!! Glad to have you Join us!!1. To bad that language learning didn't work out. Anaways, Glad to see you here!!
"Not all who Wander are Lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien
Green51leaf
Council Member
Send Message
ANd, We need some lightheartedness to this RP. Dwarves might lighten it up a little.
"Not all who Wander are Lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor and I are actually working on something that may lighten up the CP a little but watch this space!
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, 51, maybe Eurion needs a sidekick. Bring in a Dwarf buddy for him.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The members who have not posted in a long time are...

Ella...our founder (Ella and Fili)
Legolas 23 (various characters)
Erudraith...(Aragil)
Johnson (?) (Legolas)
Huldah_Maria (Adonnenniel)
Istalon (Thurinlass)

and I no longer remember anyone else.

[Edited on 11/10/2015 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys (going back a few posts) for complimenting my post! I figured since my elfies were kinda out of it I'd put in a post from Narroch.

My characters (I agree we should confirm things to make everything easier. Maybe also mention horses names and coat colours?): Merilwen (Meri), female elf, about 410 years old; Beriadanwen (Beri), female elf, Meri's cousin, about 390 years old; Narroch, chestnut mare; Midnight and Sunlight, two black mice belonging to Beri, now very old (for mice).
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Good idea, Wolfie.

Linriel, 1037 years in age. Born in Arthedain, grew up in Lorien. Parents sailed to the West where her mother died recently in a landslide while out riding.

Bildarion, 1065 years in age. Born in Lorien.

Meldir, Linriel's steed. He is solid black with blue hooves.

I will mention that we have a thread called *Visions of Crossed Paths* where members post pictures of how they fancy their characters to look and dress. Weapons are also featured as are the horses and other various items. That thread is under OOC.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Great post, Linda. Just wanted to mention before I go to sleep that the elf Ildë saw happens to be Cenor's character Imrothon who is male Maybe they've seen different individuals?

[Edited on 11/11/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, geez, I thought it was our new member as Stormy. I added a new paragraph to my post, Ilde. I have the male Elf in a tree watching the battle, possibly getting ready to join in. Let me know if that is alright. Or should I ask Cenor?

[Edited on 11/11/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn~ Male ~ Man (boy actually he's 19) ~ Family dead ~ was once a slave for 3 years ~ weapons-sword and knife ~ Ithil's owner ~ has important knowledge that he doesn't know is important.

The Whisperer ~ 'It' ~ Dark (or corrupted) Elf ~ Family unknown ~ Telepathic abilities ~ Owns pet wolves and a horse ~ uses whip and darkness as weapon's + sword

Imrothon ~ Male ~ Gray Havens Elf ~ Family passed over the sea ~ expert fighter ~ weapon's-short spear special dagger knives ~ doesn't want others to know about certain things~ Aira's master

Things look good!!!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Like the edit and new post, Linda and Cenor! And I'm glad things are moving again will try and do a mini-post today at some point (despite me being known for quite long posts...)
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I see I made an error regarding Stormy's hair colour. I thought her hair was brown so I edited my post to reflect her light coloured hair.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
My quick post is up. Didn't think I'd be that quick, but I was wrong Hope it moves everything along a little.
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I also made a quick post. The battle is drawing to a close. I am not sure what to do about Irime and Eleniel. I know Song and Maxie are very busy do I guess we can just make a generic post and include them. As for Thurinlass and Adonnenniel, we can have them both gone off together when we leave for...Rivendell?

When the battle ends, I think food and fellowship is needed to welcome Stormy and Imrothon.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
We do not have to write the journey to Rivendell. It can be.....the weary company finally arrived at....What does everyone think?

ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen said:We do not have to write the journey to Rivendell. It can be.....the weary company finally arrived at....What does everyone think?

I think that's a good idea, Linda. It means we can avoid another battle (for now ) and just move the story on. But I will have to make sure Hirnaeranin catches up, just to add to the comedy value that he went all that way, to have to end up back in Rivendell
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, we can wait a bit for 51, Star, and hopefully Song and Maxie to post. After a night's rest, we can get going.

The battle can end in a few posts I think. Agreed everyone?

Too funny about Hirnaeranin, it will make things a bit lighter.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*hops up and down* I'm here, I'm here!! You people also start posting like crazy as soon as I get busy. It's like what happens at work - we can be dead for hours and as soon as one of my co-workers washes his hands and gets ready to eat, several people will come in asking for him.

Yes, we can wrap the battle up soon. Írimë will be exhausted so a rest time will be good.

[Edited on 11/11/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Would it be possible to have Beri speak to the group before we go to Rivendell? So that I could make it that her brother (who she has recently found out is not dead, as she had been told) is in Rivendell?
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Wolfie, of course you can!
I always love your posts - you are such a talented writer!!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Arwen_Evenstar_of_Imaldris
Council Member
Send Message
I am deeply sorry for any confusion I may have caused. Another rp that I once participated in was very lose on character and action movements. I also personally apologize to Merri, whom I accidentally called a boy (automatically thinking of Merri Brandybrook). Once again I am very sorry. I will be too busy to post for a while, so I hope I can adjust more to the rules in that time.
Never play an Ace if a two will do -Vairë the Weaver-
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, then may I suggest we just, for now, skip Star's posts until this gets ironed out. And the *rules* are simple. Follow the storyline. Don't talk for or move others without permission. Give others a chance to post. Don't jump ahead, we have to complete the story we are working on at the moment. Does anyone have anything to add or change?

Of course Beri can address the group, Wolfie. This will work out really good then since now we have yet another reason to go to Rivendell.

Song, do you want to add Irime to the battle before it ends?

I have to get Eleniel in the battle too.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I would like to post one battle part before we move on. I will try to post soon!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
No hurry, Song. We all know how hard it is sometimes to be here and get a post ready.

After the battle why don't we gather around the fire for food and a bit of relaxing? I think that is what we were doing when suddenly we were attacked by those Orcs. And we can discuss our next move....Rivendell seems to be the place
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Ilde, I was finishing my post and noticed your new one. I do not think mine conflicts with yours, does it?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
As you can see, it is just a generic post featuring Bildarion.

[Edited on 11/13/2015 by Lindarielwen]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I don't think so. Mine feels slightly rushed, so I may end up editing parts, but not majorly. I wanted to add a part about Bildarion but I'll leave it until the next one. I wonder how long it will take for Bildarion and Ildë to argue with one another and end up in fisticuffs !

[Edited on 11/13/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Well he is happy you helped Linriel but he is very secretive but that might stop. I did not think your post was rushed and I sure didn't plan on posting. We just need to hear from Song and 51 and the battle is over I think.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I finally got my post up! Let me know if I need to change anything.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë
Female elf, born in Annúminas around TA 1406, making her 1,552-1,568 years old. She was raised in the house of Elrond. Her mount is Taltulca, a black horse with a star-speckled coat and silvery-white mane, tail, and hooves.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I loved the post, Song! Hopefully the battle will die down and the company can all get some form of sleep!
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Great post, Song. I am hoping 51 has a chance to get a post in on Monday. He started this battle so he can end it Then a gathering around the fire and then some much needed rest. Onward to Rivendell?
<< First1213141516Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email