Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1314151617Last >>
Author Topic:
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you both. It took me way too long to get that post up.
Yes, rest first, then onward to Rivendell! Will we pass through Lorien on the way so Linriel can retrieve that box, Lindarielwen?
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Box? What box

Let's go straight to Rivendell, only because we have never been there and also, because I have no clue what is in that box.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, but we have discussed it already, unless you changed your mind or forgot.

What say the rest of you? Pass through Lorien briefly on the way, or go straight to Rivendell?
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I don't mind, it'll be funny either way for my other character Hirnaeranin, as he's just come from both of those places
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, if we do stop at Lorien, we can have Thurinlass sent off on a *mission* and Adonnenneil can stay there once again when we leave so that will take care of the players who have not posted in a long time.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
That sounds like a good plan.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
51's last post prompted me to write this. Elves were very tall. Galadriel was 6'4" and Elrond was at least 7' tall and some say he was 7'11" which is really tall. The average Dunadan was 6'4" which was the height of Boromir and Aragorn was 6'6".

I could find no reference to how tall a *short* Elf is.

None of this matters in our story or to our characters. I just wanted to mention it. Tolkien likened tallness to grandeur, hence the Elves were very tall.

It seems 51 wants to add a Dwarf to our role play. What say you?

[Edited on 11/17/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Arwen_Evenstar_of_Imaldris
Council Member
Send Message
I honestly think it would be nice to have something different, almost everyone is a man or elf, maybe we should visit one of the dwarf kingdoms after we stop at Rivendell.
Never play an Ace if a two will do -Vairë the Weaver-
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
We went to Moria quite a while ago and enjoyed our visit there. Our founder, Ella, had a Dwarf as one of her chars. We have never had another dwarf or Hobbit in this role play. Eurion is our first human. The trick will be to keep all the characters straight. It seems we have trouble doing this now considering all the players we have.

It's open for discussion everyone!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Speaking of keeping characters straight...who is/was Eurion?

I've always considered the nobler races of Elves (Elrond's line for example) as having the height. Elves who were born in the First Age. But 'common' elves to me would range closer to the Dunedain men. Galadriel was the tallest of elf women, so I considered other elleths ranging anywhere from 5'7" to 6'3".
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Ildë is 6"3 (but like Cenor says, she is of Elrond's line), which is quite tall. But I believe most Elves to be the same height as the Dunedain too.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor, you need to go to Sept 22 to read 51's first post. He also posted some pics on Visions of CP. Eurion is our first human char. He is a Dunedan.

See what I mean about keeping track of characters? It is not easy to do with so many of us and now some are adding another char. I have enough trouble with Bildarion..

Cenor, you have just added a new Elf and we await the arrival of Ilde's. And we will also have Star's new character. Oh, and 51 might be bringing in a Dwarf.

I think Linriel is 5'10" so I guess she is short. At the time, compared to my own height, I thought 5'10" was really tall. Maybe I will change her height to an even 6'.

And I completely forgot about Harn. Harn is our first human character. Okay so Eurion is our second human in the role play. Right?

[Edited on 11/18/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë is 5'11".

Lots of characters everywhere! So we currently have:

Edited to add animals with their respective owners.
Eleniel (Elf) and Castiel (horse) - Maxie's char, played by Lindarielwen

Linriel and Meldir (Elf, horse), Bildarion (Elf) - Lindarielwen

Harn and Ithil (human, horse), Imrothon and Aira (Elf, horse), The Whisperer (wolves and horse) - Cenor

Írimë and Taltulca (Elf, horse) - Song

Itarildë and Silmë (Elf, horse), Hirnaeranin and Sirdal (Elf, horse) - Ildë

Meri and Beri (Elves), Narroch, Midnight and Sunlight (horse, mice) - Wolfie

Eurion (human) - (51)

Ella and Fili - (Ella - inactive)
Various characters - (Legolas 23 - inactive)
Aragil - (Erudraith - inactive)
Legolas - Johnson
Thurinlass - Elf (Istalon - inactive)
Adonnenniel - Elf (Huldah - inactive)
And Stormy -Elf (Star) will join us soon.

Did I miss anyone?

[Edited on 11/18/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Not unless you go back further...Ella, an Elf(Ella) Iellwen, an Elf(Legolas23) Legolas, an Elf (Johnson) I think that is all. I hope that is all. But I suppose any of them can show up and join right in.

Oh, I know....The Whisperer (?) Cenor

And don't forget the horses...we have given them personality too Image

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Is that better?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Song, you are such a dear!

I have to get Bildarion a horse so the list will change yet again!

You included the mice....oh, thank you for giving me a happy morning!

And you know, Thurinlass and Adonnenniel both have named horses but darn if I know what their names are.

Oh, I am just sitting here laughing Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The weapons! Do we have names for our weapons?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Actually, I have a name for Linriel's sword but I haven't worked it into a post yet.

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I'm glad you liked the list!

I have a name for at least one of my swords, I don't know about the other.

Things have slowed down again. Hope we can get moving!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all! I'll try to get another post in tonight, but it will only be from Hirnaeranin's POV, as Ildë is waiting for other replies and other characters to respond!
Image Image
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry I thought my post would be up yesterday, but I had a lot more work to do than I thought, so watch this space, it may be tonight instead!
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
No worries, Ilde. I am a bit distracted myself. I am working on a post but have no idea when it will be ready.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I even double on here

[Edited on 11/24/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, this is so annoying already.

[Edited on 11/25/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Just wanted to mention that 51 edited his last post.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Well...it seems we have come to a halt once again. :/
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Guilty as charged. I am getting a post ready but I have been really distracted of late. Hopefully, I will get it finished soon.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, I posted. It was hard to remember all the characters. Hope I didn't leave anyone out. We don't always have to include everyone in our posts, of course.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, and as far as Thurinlass and Adonnenniel are concerned, Bildarion will find a note from Thruinlass explaining their absence. If they return to the role play, either one of them can jump right back in.

[Edited on 11/30/2015 by Lindarielwen]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'm waiting for others to post and then when everyone is eventually eating at the fire, Hirnaeranin will turn up, to add some comedy value as we'll all be leaving for Rivendell again...
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
That sounds great, Ilde!

Sometimes it takes a while to get a post in.
Arwen_Evenstar_of_Imaldris
Council Member
Send Message
Every good story needs a bit of humor and iorny! Stuff with me has slowed down, so I might try to post in a bit. I think I'll jump in at Rivendell.
Never play an Ace if a two will do -Vairë the Weaver-
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
We have all slowed down a little on CP. Life does that to you once in a while. It is a busy time of year for me but I will manage to get a post in here and there.

After that Orc battle, Linriel could do with a good night's rest.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I have Hirnaeranin's post ready, but like I said, once everyone is settled around the campfire and relaxed, he'll arrive in all his comedic glory (I'm looking forward to him finally meeting everyone!)

CP seems to have bursts of action, then nothing, then another burst. I'd have posted by now otherwise
Image Image
Green51leaf
Council Member
Send Message
My sword does not yet have a name. I mentioned a Horse in my last post, and I am still working on a name for the creature. And I am seriously considering bringing in a dwarf, if I have the time.

[Edited on 12/02/2015 by Green51leaf]
"Not all who Wander are Lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien
<< First1314151617Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email