Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1415161718
Author Topic:
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Yes! It will be wonderful! I wonder if Írimë found what she was looking for on her journey.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen said:Cenor, do you plan on bringing The Whisperer to Imladris?

Not in Imladris, but definitely on its borders
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry I haven't been posting, I've been a kinda busy lately, we just had our prelim exams. But now I should be able to post more.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
You have quite a way with words, Wolfie. I thought the cousins had the pig incident in Imladris but it seems like it was Mirkwood so I changed my post and I also changed *Meri* to *Beri* concerning her brother. It is hard to keep track sometimes. I love how you got us up and moving on.

[Edited on 01/27/2016 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I'm glad someone moved us. I don't Ildë feels comfortable taking charge of everyone yet, as she's new. As for Hirnaeranin, he's not bothered about it.

I use both Rivendell and Imladris, but I think when Ildë talks to her family she calls it Imladris (obviously), as they all speak in Sindarin

I'll finish a post for tonight to help us move on, if everyone is fine with that?

[Edited on 01/28/2016 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you

I agree, it is very hard to keep track... I can just about remember everyone's names by now.

Well, you were all saying we should move on... So now the cousins are ready to leave without needing any more posts, and anyone wanting to move things on is fine by me, we can leave at any point as far as I'm concerned.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I'm ready to move on!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
We're moving on!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I hope everyone is okay with the arrival at Imladris. I just didn't want to draw it out too long!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It's fine with me. I am working on a post now.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Does anyone object to me playing as Lord Elrond while we're in Imladris? Just because I've brought him into my posts before and I will definitely be getting Ildë to talk to him while she's home

[Edited on 02/20/2016 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Sure, go ahead. Looks like it's just us for a while right now.
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, I'm Limwen and I have been reading Crossed Paths for the past few months. Two days ago, I finished and have been in contact with Lindarielwen via PM. I am looking forward to joining the game soon. This is my character:

Name: Acacia Took
Race: Hobbit
Height: 1 m (3'3'')
Appearance: Curly brown hair which reaches slightly past her shoulders, fair skin and hazel eyes. She wears a blouse and bodice with either a skirt or knee breeches, and an olive green cloak and hood.
Personality: Acacia is friendly, cheerful and very curious, though she can be somewhat naïve. She is always looking for opportunities to learn and do some good in the world.
Family: Large family, including both parents, two elder brothers and many cousins, of whom she is the youngest
Weapons: Small bow and arrows
History: Acacia often spent time with her brothers and cousins in the Green Hill Country and Woody End during her childhood. When she grew older, she sometimes also went into the forest alone. During her tweens, she met a Dúnadan in Woody End, who taught her a great deal about the wilderness and helped her improve her archery. She has recently come of age, and is going on her first adventure outside the Shire.

[Edited on 03/23/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Looking forward to you joining us Limwen
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I agree and a Hobbit! This will be a wonderful addition to Crossed Paths.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I'm back! Finally! I apologize for my long absence.

I'm going to read back though the past few pages to get caught up. Thank you, Linda, for taking care of Eleniel for me.

Edit:

I have read back about 14 pages and I love where the story has gone. It's incredible to see how far we have all come!

I think I'll wait for one more person to post, and then I'll jump right back in.

[Edited on 03/26/2016 by findemaxam48]
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Jump in right now, Maxie! As you can see, we have been a little slow going.

Limwen, your first post is really great!

[Edited on 03/27/2016 by Lindarielwen]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with Linda, Limwen - a great first post
Image Image
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with Linda, Limwen - a great first post
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I did it! I posted! Hooray!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
*Stumbles out of a cupboard, dusty and covered in cobwebs*

Well, it has been far too long since I've been on here. I'm so glad to see we have new posts, and a new person! Welcome, Limwen!

I think I shall try to post something today... I may not be able to do much posting (not that I've been posting much before now) 'cause I have exams in May and lots of revision to do... But I shall try.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry if my post feels rushed guys. I'll read over it later and see if anything can be edited. Let me know what you think. I'm glad to see there's posts again!
Image Image
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you all for giving me such a warm welcome and your encouragement.

Ildë, your post did not feel rushed at all, though I suspect you mean "ample food and supplies" or "food and supplies aplenty", rather than "food and supplies ample". As for the interaction between Itarildë and Elrond, I was briefly reminded of Little Red Riding Hood!

[Edited on 03/29/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Limwen, I probably did mean "ample food and supplies", however when I wrote the post it was past 2am here in the UK, so I didn't write what I meant... it happens haha. And I'm glad the interaction works well!
Image Image
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Limwen!!

Welcome Back Maxie & Wolfie!!

Looks we are back on a roll!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have a day off tomorrow, so I will post then. Sorry, I've worked 20 hours this week plus school and we are only halfway through the week...
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
I think I have run out of relatively formal variations to the phrase "pleased to meet you".

Maxie, didn't Maldor give Eleniel the healing herbs instead of Tumion?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, it probably was. I'll go fix it.

[Edited on 04/02/2016 by findemaxam48]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Tumion? Maldor? Oh, I got a good laugh out of those two names. They haven't been around in ages. Maxie, I don't even remember where we left them.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
We left one in Lothlorien and one in Mirkwood, I believe.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I hope everyone is okay with my posts so far! I'm having trouble moving things along, as I'm sure the characters want to wander and explore! Whereas Ildë is just happy to be back
Image Image
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in nearly an age.
School and new friends and trips and adventures have all taken me away from my beloved Arda. I have thought of jumping on here to catch up many times, but never followed through. This is probably going to be a hello and goodbye sort of situation because I am still battling the hoards of homework monsters, but it is lovely to see all of you again!

Best wishes for all of you in each of your adventures!

~Song
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all, as you know by now, I have not been around. I have been in the hospital and just got home last week. I am not sure how much time I can now devote to this role play so just write around me. I should post and get Linriel and Bildarion out of the story for now. Yeah, I will go do that. Crossed Paths must carry on!
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, everyone. I'm not sure whether or not I've tampered with other people's characters, but it was the only explanation I could think of for Bildarion tethering the horses - I didn't see the point of restraining them in the forest when it was very likely for a stable to be nearby.

[Edited on 07/09/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
That was a wonderful post Limwen! You did an excellent job of tying the other posts together in a very descriptive way.
<< First1415161718
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email