Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1415161718
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! I always say I'm back and then life goes "Haha! no." so I don't know what to tell you....
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
With the passing of Lindarielwen, who had been with this RP from the beginning, I feel that I cannot vontinue on with any storyline progression or character alterations.

I will be leaving this tale at least for now. Some time ago, Lindarielwen gave me permission to guide Linriel along in her absence. Since Linda's absence is now permanent, I feel that Linriel should be set free, at least for now, to run along the fields of Middle Earth unrestrained.

I guess I'm saying that I think we should all take a break from this tale for now.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Aye, Linriel has found her happy fairy tale ending as has our dear Lindarielwen. I myself have a longing to keep this rp continuing so I will continue to check it randomly. Any others who feel this way may join me, but I do not compel others to do likewise. *Toasts Crossed Paths*
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, I feel as you do on this, that right now is too soon to continue. However, the last post that our dear Lindarielwen made on this thread is that Crossed Paths must go on. She kept this RP going for so long, and she always said that though many people had left this story must continue. I feel it is almost the same as her wanting us to continue living and laughing and finding the beauty around us. And if we can never find the heart to write more on this tale, I would still very much like to have it all copied down and made into a book dedicated to Lindarielwen and all the friends we have made on CoE. It seems like a beautiful way to honor her.

It is hard to believe that two days from now will mark the third anniversary of this tale.

[Edited on 07/30/2016 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I haven't been with the tale long, but I am with the same feeling as Cenor, but I also agree with Song that the story be dedicated to Lindarielwen. She did keep this RP going, and her last post within the thread made me feel that she would want the story continue to thrive even in her absence. But if others don't feel the same way, I respect that.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Crossed Paths won't be the same without Lindarielwen's characters, but it doesn't seem right to abandon it because she's gone, especially as she kept it going for so long. I'm so much of a newcomer that I'm actually feeling a bit like Acacia at the end of my last post, so I won't pretend to understand how everyone else feels. Cenor and Ildë, I also would like to keep writing, and I'll be checking the thread for new posts every so often.

I actually think that Crossed Paths is made up of multiple story arcs. Perhaps now is a good time for Linriel to finally have her happy ending, whatever that may be. This is only an idea, but maybe a messenger from Mirkwood could arrive at some point to tell Eleniel that Linriel and Bildarion are married, and that they are travelling Middle-earth together. Right now, perhaps we could focus on the conflict between Imrothon and the household of Rivendell (especially Hirnaeranin).

Song, compiling Crossed Paths into a book in honour of Lindarielwen is a great idea! Perhaps we could incorporate some of the pictures from the "Visions of Crossed Paths" thread.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
She was proud that Crossed Paths made it longer than any other role play here and I feel continuing it would be in her honor. I like the idea of a book...I thought about arranging it as a fan fiction for COE but book sounds great as well!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I hope none of you mind if I posted today. I wanted to write a small post that would progress the story, but also show Ildë's small (and very heartfelt; I'm not great with words sometimes) farewell to our dear Lindarielwen's characters, Linriel and Bildarion.

If those of you who aren't comfortable continuing this thread aren't adverse to it, I'd like to continue as Linda always did, by keeping CP alive and well. Linriel has her happy ending, and although we mourn Linda's passing (and we all do here at CoE), over all these years, Linda kept this RP going from the beginning.

However, there is the possibility we dedicate this RP to her, and start a new one afresh with whoever wishes to continue, ie. create a Crossed Paths #2, so to speak? However it would be harder to refer back to previous posts, if we so wished to reference them.

I'll leave it with everyone, but as I've said previously, I don't feel like Linda would have wanted us to just stop writing for the RP. This world we've all created together is immersive, fun and beautiful, and when Linda and I spoke together about it over these last two years, that's the impression I got from our conversations.

RIP dear Lindarielwen

[Edited on 08/14/2016 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Ildë, I am glad you are keeping the RP alive - it's a good way to continue Lindarielwen's legacy. I don't mind whether we begin a new thread or not, as it would be harder to navigate the story as we have more and more pages, and we could have a fresh start. However, I am worried that we could lose the current RP thread if we were to begin a new one. Also, wouldn't we need BerethEdhellen's approval? I've actually never seen her online before.

Regarding the second paragraph of your last post, I thought Hirnaeranin was talking to Imrothon before Linriel and Bildarion left, and Imrothon approached Itarildë after they left. The way you've written it, it seems like the two events were much closer together. Would you mind if I assume that Acacia looking confused and Itarildë shrugging it off happened while the characters were still walking, or would you prefer we continue the story the way you have written it now?
Our paths crossed briefly, but I treasure the memories. Namárië Lindarielwen, meldenya. Image

[Edited on 08/16/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I believe Hirnaeranin spoke to Imrothon before Linriel and Bildarion rode away, maybe it doesn't read that way. Sorry! I shall revise the post to make more sense You thought correctly. Conirnue in that way - sorry for the confusion!

As for a new thread, I've never seen her online either, so it could prove difficult

RIP Lindarielwen
Image Image
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
limwencaevudoriel and ItarildeSirfalas, just so you know BerethEdhellen died a few years ago. Her name has never been removed from the moderator list for Roleplaying. PotbellyHairyfoot is currently the only roleplaying mod.

I doubt your thread would be removed any time soon but you might want to put KEEP in the title if you can. If that fails, I suggest you copy and paste each post into a word document if you really want to keep the story. Lots of work, but worth it. I still have the stories my characters were in years ago.

You might want to do the same for the OOC. Lots of information there.

Also, go right ahead and start a new thread. You don't need approval. Just be sure you put it in the right section.

I hope this helps.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Well, it looks like they haven't deleted a lot of the old RP's as I thought, so yours probably won't be deleted either.

Although they aren't listed in the Roleplaying Forum, you can access them by clicking the down arrow next to the box near the top of the page that says "Change Forum". Once you see the list, scroll down to the Roleplaying Archives.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I agree about the book idea, and that we should keep the roleplay going. I guess I'm now the only one left who's been there from the start of Crossed Paths. That just makes me more determined to keep this going if we can. For Lindarielwen and for everyone else who's been a part of this at any point, we shouldn't just let it end here. I think it's a good idea to start a new thread for it, and if we do that I don't think I'll be making any more posts until then. I made a small change to the end of my last post though.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
I'm currently in the process of copying and pasting the roleplay into a Word document. When I finish, I'll share the file, perhaps via a Google Docs link?

Wolfie, as you have been part of the roleplay for the longest time, are you going to be the owner of the new thread?

[Edited on 09/13/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I am honoured, Limwencaevudoriel... I guess if you want me to be, I'd love to, but I'm fine if it's someone who's on CofE more often, or who's older than I am. In any case, are we going to make this new thread now? Is anyone still wanting to finish up their posts on the first thread?

How is making it into a book going to work? Is it just copying and pasting from the thread, or is it going to be checked for spelling and stuff like that, and do we want chapter names or just numbers, and in any case I guess it would need to be split up into the chapters? I wouldn't want you to have to do all the work yourself, so I guess we could all take one section, if we'd agreed how we were going to do it, like the format and stuff, or something like that? I'm just brainstorming here, I don't know if any of you have plans/ideas for it.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone. Sorry for my absence, I've not been well as of late and a few things are going on at the moment, so my appearances here may be on and off for a while.

As for wrapping up my posts, I'm happy to continue Ildë's story-line in another thread if someone is happy to start it off. We could just continue on, or start as if we'd been in Rivendell for a while? Just throwing around ideas.

With regards to the book, due to my absence, I may be of little use, and slightly less reliable at present, though I would be happy to help proof-read and format parts?
Image Image
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Hello. I hope you're feeling better, Ildë. As Wolfie said that she won't be posting until we make the new thread, I think we should continue on, so that there won't be a gap in Meri and Beri's story. I don't mind when it happens, but I'm hesitant to make a new title - could we just say "Crossed Paths - Part 2", or something? We aren't exactly finishing one storyline, to start another.

I'm already a fair way through making the book - I'm proof-reading the posts and putting them into chronological order, as well as tentatively splitting the thread into chapters. When I put up the Google Doc, perhaps we could decide on some ambiguous parts and how better to split it (and you will probably catch the mistakes I missed!).
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
At last, it's ready! After 4 years, 530 pages and over 280,000 words, I've finished compiling Crossed Paths into a single document, which is available here. Currently, anyone with the link can comment but can't edit, but if you could PM me your email address, I'll send you an invitation to edit the Google Doc. Please feel free to put up any questions or comments.

Currently, I'm putting in comments for some things I'd like clarification or extra opinions with, and I'm fixing the occasional typo. The chapters are by location, and I sometimes split them further when there is an indicator of a new day. This means that there is a very wide range of chapter lengths, but that's open to change. Unfortunately, converting my Word document to a Google Doc has also affected the formatting a bit.

Finally, I'm happy to start a new thread if anyone would like to continue the stories of our many characters, or maybe even some newcomers wandering into Imladris. Thank you for keeping Crossed Paths going for so long - it's been a great experience, and I hope you've all enjoyed it as much as I have.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Awesome! Linda would be proud.
Maybe one day I'll get Darkest of Days finished.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
<< First1415161718
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email