Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Its OK. I have been trying to fix that for myself. It happens. Weekends I can post longer, which I shall try to do now.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
So I was looking at names for Eleniel's horse and here are a few that might fit:

Castiel-means Tender

Thenidiel-means Faithful or True

Sérëdhiel-means Peaceful

Serethiel-means Peace

Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Cenor! I will pick Castiel. Harn can suggest the name.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
O look! OOC Posts. Well I am returned to the USA and back from my thanksgiving travels and will now resume regular posting. I have just posted and hope for a reply soon. I hope all is well

--Istalon
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yay, you have returned, Istalon! How I have been waiting to continue on in this tale.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys,

I am sick. It may be awhile before I post in here.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Feel better Maxie...Drink orange juice and take vitamin C...feel better soon.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I had Eleniel go off with Maldor...that should work until Maxie gets back to us.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings, friends!

I have already spoken with a few of your members, and have most graciously been granted permission to join this tale. However, if there are any objections or questions from any other members, please make them known to me.

As for a character, I would appreciate any and all suggestions. I would like to play a female elf, preferably from Imladris. As yet, I do not have a name or any other details worked out (unless I use a previously created character).

But enough rambling for now. I greatly look forward to writing with you all!

~Song

[Edited on 12/11/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It will be a delight to have you in Crossed Paths, Song. A female elf sounds good to me. Take your time working out the details and when you are ready, we can decide how to work your character into the story.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sounds good to me, Song! I will post in a minute!
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Hi guys!! OMG i am so glad to be back! I would like to join but as a new character A young Elf named Linir. She would be young, adventurous Elf who lives in Lorien, which I understand that is where you guys are right now in CP? Would it be OK with everyone if I joined back! I had SOOO much fun when I was here with Iellwen a few months ago Thanks!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, Legolas23, how great it will be to have you back again. As you can see, we have come a long way since you have been gone and your Iellwen is off in Mordor with the Orcs.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah i saw that!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Wonderful Song!

Welcome back to Crossed Paths Legolas23!

[Edited on 12/13/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I have written Adonnenniel back in. It's up to the rest of you how you wish to accept her return. She will certainly not be riding off to battle orcs any time soon though.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
My! I pop in and several old members come back too! We will have quite a group now! Are the rest of you fine with my joining?
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I think it's great, all these new (and old) people joining (and rejoining)! We could certainly use some more people to post, it's been going a bit slow.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I have read through the posts from the last few months, but I do not really know where this story is headed at this point. Anyone have any ideas that might help me work my character back in more smoothly? I haven't exactly nailed down my plans for her.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I think the group will be headed to Cuiviénen. I do not know what will happen along the way or afterwards though.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh my, CP certainly has endured. Even when we are stuck and are at a loss what to post, we still keep going.

Our group is now in Lorien, preparing to leave for Cuivienen. We changed the storyline after you left, Huldah_Maria. We are now travelling Middle-earth. There has been no fighting orcs of late but I am sure it will come to that once we leave Lorien. In fact, orcs are on the prowl somewhere near Lorien but I do not know what will come of it.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Alright, I will figure things out as we go, see how people respond to Adonnenniel.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
It will be like a family reunion on here! Thanks everyone and welcome Huldah!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome, all! We will figure out character interactions as we progress, i assume. But first, a quick note on Tumion, Maldor and Bildarion:

Tumion was a friend of Linriel when she was young, and still dwells in Lorien. He traveled with the group to Mirkwood and fought there, and may have betrayed them. Eleniel is not sure whether to trust him or not, so she frequently either ignores or acts snappish towards him.

Maldor is a healer and friend to Linriel and now Eleniel. He was wary at the return of Thurinlass.

Now, you all know of Bildarion. But Lindarielwen and I also added that he be Eleniel's father. Just a quick note on all of that for those of you who are new or just returned. Thanks!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Good old Bildarion...the glint of silver is the clue that he is hanging around somewhere. I think having Eleniel be his daughter was a good twist to the story.

I would like to add that it is very important to read each other's posts, even more than once, to know where the story is. Go back a page or two if need be.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I wanted to add that it is so awesome that we have so many players now....is that what we call ourselves? players?

Thurinlass returned and we are awaiting Song to add her character. And what a coincidence that Adonnenniel and Legolas23 came back the same day. Legolas23 returned with a new character, Ilyea.

Meri and Beri and Linriel were delighted to have Eleniel join us and then Harn was added.

And who knows, maybe Ella and Fili will one day return.

I think that is all of us

[Edited on 12/15/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I do think that it is! This is one of the largest and longest running RP's I have been a part of. It is fantastic! Lindarielwen, would you like to remind us of Linriel's relationship with Bildarion?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I forgot about Aragil, the one with the white wolf who just simply vanished.

Let's see...Linriel and Bildarion met and fell in love in Lorien and became betrothed. They were out with a hunting party and Bildarion was taken during the night. Linriel searched for him for 50 years without success. He suddenly arrived at Lorien severely wounded and Thurinlass carried him to Maldor. Linriel rushed to his side but he refused to see her, talking to Galadriel instead. When he finally did speak to Linriel, it was to tell her he had to leave and he would not tell her where he had been all those years. She ended the engagement. Bildarion was angry but had to leave on his *secret mission* He has always followed her and his presence is made known by the *glint of silver* from his mithril earring given to him by a Dwarf he rescued near the Redhorn Pass.

He shows up now and then, most recently in Mirkwood where he became re-united with his daughter Eleniel much to the surprise of Linriel. He never spoke to her of his marriage. Another reason for her to not trust him.

And it seems, yet again, there is a glint of silver in the trees.

So that is a brief account of the story of Linriel and Bildarion.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Lindarielwen! I forgot some of it myself, so it was very helpful. Maybe we should all post our character profiles again as a reminder for people.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Here is Eleniel's profile

Eleniel (findemaxam48 )
Race: Elf
Height: 5'4''
Family: Her father is an Elf from Mirkwood, and has little regard for her mother, who faded from grief after losing her only son, Eleniel's older brother, to battle.
Weapons: Her dark colored bow.

Personality: Eleniel is cool and formal, sometimes to the point of being unfriendly. She is kind, though, to those who are nearset to her, after she develops a taste for their friendship and company. She is guarded and will occasionally not want to be bothered with questions or prattle when a quick decision needs to be made.

Appearance: Dark hair, near the black of night. Shorter, but strong enough to hold her own gound. Pale skin, gleaming green eyes.

History:
Her father lives in Mirkwood alongside King Thranduil, her mother faded from grief. Her brother perished in battle, and now Eleniel cannot bear to be rooted to one place like the trees she so dearly loves. She now wanders the earth, seeing sights, and sometimes returns home to have fellowship with her kin.

HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
In case some of you haven't figured out what is going on with Adonnenniel, her ailment is the result of grief and depression after losing Iellwen, the only family she had left. She will not recover overnight, her's is a long road to finding purpose in her life and healing.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Got it, Huldah.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It is very unlikely that i will be here from the 23rd to the 26th, so, in my absence, I am giving Lindarielwen permission to play as Eleniel.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Will do, Maxie. I will keep us in the stables for a while.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I won't be here from the 26th to the 31st...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email