Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn is the baby of the company

I have been thinking of a character to add to this RP's suspense.He would follow the company but would never make it over the Eastern Mountains his "end" would come in them. I know his not being spotted by one of the many elves in this party is doubtful. However, if he traveled only by night and stayed two days behind the company during the day he might would make it to the Eastern Mountains. The company's telltale fires would be his compass. Taking cover behind brush and rock in the Mountains he would catch up to the company and meet his "end".

I would like the players of CP to vote on whether or not this character joins the RP. No worries if you don't like the idea...he is a random thought in my mind.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Wait, I am confused. I am confused about what happens to Harn. He leaves, and then returns?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, Harn will stay in the story. Cenor wants to introduce a new character...some unsavory sort who follows us as we make our way to Cuivienen. She would like our opinion about her doing this.

Apparently this character will get killed off eventually.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
I think it is a good idea!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
OK, I get it now. Yes, good idea.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with the others. It will be interesting having a sneaky person following us.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Okay only problem now is...

Who is this thing following? One of the company? Does one of the Elves have something it wants? Does it have a personal grievance against anyone?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
How about Linriel's box? He can be following what lies inside. But since she never opened it, she would not know.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
The box has been sealed for more than 500 years. I do not know why this person would have waited so long to get it.

Perhaps this unknown person simply wants to find the way to Cuiviénen for his own gain somehow. Maybe there is a rumor of wealth there.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel's mother gave the box to Galadriel when she departed to the West with instructions to give the box to Linriel when Galadriel deemed fit. Galadriel summoned Linriel to Lorien to tell her of the death of her mother and that is when Linriel received the box. No one else knows of this box.

She has no plans to open it soon
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Song, your post about finding Irime's steed was breathtaking. I felt like I was riding with you.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, your compliment made me smile so much! My horse needs a name, but I suppose that will come with time.

Edit: My last post ended up a little longer than I expected. Guess I got carried away.
And I just noticed something. There are nine of us setting out on this mission...quest...thing!

[Edited on 01/08/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh good idea Song! That can be his motive if no one objects. Just so you know Thurinlass will bring about His end.

LOL Song!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Song, do not worry about a post being too long...I think that is just what this role play needs. Your descriptions are wonderful

[Edited on 01/12/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, we know why this guy is following us and we know he will die at the hand of Thurinlass..seems like the suspense is over before it started...so why bring him in at all?
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Very good point, I would like some surprises, even if it means challenges or hardship, this is just a story after all, it's kind of fun to have some drama and suspense.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Song wants me to tell you guys that her internet is out and she does not know when it will be fixed.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I do not know how long this will last, but my internet is working right now at least!

Thank you, Lindarielwen! It is easy to get carried away with descriptions.

I agree about suspense. I think it adds a lot to the story. You should have seen me reading the Mirkwood Rogue Elves part of this tale.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor, I am glad we had a chance to talk. Remember, your character is simply that...your character. It is up to you how your character behaves and how his end will come..if it does.

Song, it was Cenor who came up with the rogue Elves.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oh yeah...I did that...and it didn't go as planned Sorry for that guys.

Yup no one (including me right now) doesn't know what he will do.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, we will just go with the flow.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hi all, I've been wondering if I was able to join this RPG, if that's at all possible? I do still need to write up my character bio etc, and I'm new to typed RPG (not a stranger to D&D).

Thanks, Ildë
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
No clue what D & D is Ilde

Anyway, tell us a bit about the character you are thinking of. It seems we have a lot of characters with names starting with *I* including 2 horses

We are all Elves save for Harn, a human boy played by Cenor. Besides Harn, the only other male in the group is Thurinlass, a Firstborn Elf.

Crossed Paths is basically about travelling Middle-earth. We are now heading to Cuivienen to see the land where the Elves first awoke and beheld the stars.

Have you read any of Crossed Paths? We are the longest running RP here and our story is quite long. I would suggest you at least go back 10 pages to see what is going on.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I've gone back to about 5 pages, but when I get a chance I'll read back some more

And D&D is Dungeons and Dragons

Well, my Elf's name is [s]undecided[s] - Miluiel or Itarildë (I can't decide...). She's an elf of Imladris (Rivendell), dark-haired and dark-eyed, known for her skills with a bow and arrow, and also her wealth of knowledge from Elrond's library. She is well-travelled, and doesn't mind travelling alone to appease her curiosity.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry, I forgot to post this for you guys!

Thanks,

Ildë

Ps. Please forgive me if I'm lacking in places. I'm new to RPGs!
-------------------------------

Itarildë, daughter of Elrohir
Race: Half-Elven.
Height/Body: Almost 6"3
Family: Her father is Elrohir, and therefore she is the grandaughter of Elrond and Celebrían.
Weapons: Itarildë, like many Elves, favours the long-bow and dagger approach to weapons, but also relies on her vast knowledge and instinct in battle-settings.
Personality: Itarildë, on first impressions, seems distracted and silent, almost distant, as if her mind has wandered afar. This is in fact a habit Itarildë picked up while living in Imladris, and being a member of Elrond's family. She revels in knowledge, and holds a high regard for those who, like herself, seek it out for themselves.
Appearance:Her hair, like her father's is long and dark, and she favours a complicated braid pattern with inlaid beads of silver, over more simpler styles. Her eyes are a strange mixed shade of brown and grey, that seem to change depending on the light. Her expression always seems to be bored or indifferent, until she is spoken to.
History: Itarildë has lived a quiet life in Imladris, observing many councils and meetings in her time. She has found herself torn between both races of Men and Elves, due to her deep interest in the goings-on of Men. Despite her time with her father and grandfather, Itarildë wanted to prove herself worthy of the House of Elrond, making a name for herself to please her father, who was frequently away in the Northern Kingdoms throughout her childhood. Although she was well-loved and looked after, Itarildë felt she needed some time to gain some independence and self-reliance. With this in mind, Itarildë spent some time travelling around parts of Middle-Earth, though always eventually returning to Rivendell.

[Edited on 01/28/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]

[Edited on 11/06/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry, I pressed enter too early! I'll just edit in the rest of what I was writing! I didn't just stop at a random point
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
All looks well so far, Ilde! Also, can you PM me? I have a great idea for our two characters.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Maxie, and will do
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Do you have any questions thus far, Ilde?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
No, I seem to be catching on quickly I'm just intrigue by how all the characters have reacted to Itarildë
Image Image
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Do we have any kind of plan? Like when are we going to stop for the night? What areas are we going to be traveling through?
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
As soon as Istalon gets back he will be able to tell us what areas we will be traveling through. We are heading north, north east from Lorien right now. I have been looking and looking in my atlas of Middle-earth and for the life of me I cannot find where Cuivienen is in relation to Lorien. I will keep looking.

It is not yet noon, I believe, but we just left Lorien not too long ago, the sun is not yet at it's highest point in the sky. Most of us are going for a little romp in the woods to liven things up.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Well, CP hasn't been touched for a long while.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Well, CP hasn't been touched for a long while.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I know, Maxie. This has been our longest gap between posts. I will get a post ready and we will go from there.
<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email