Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2627282930Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel threw the rest of the contents of her bag back inside quickly, and then wrapped up the remainder of the food. She stood quickly and tightened her quiver around her body so that it was secure. Her fingers curled around her bow and she quickly slung her bag over her free shoulder. Turning to Linriel and Aragil, she spoke, "I am ready to leave when you are."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri jumped down from the tree where she had been sitting.
"I am ready to leave also."

Beri glanced anxiously at Adonnenniel. She had been very quiet and withdrawn. It was to be expected, she supposed, but she hoped the elf had not been too shaken by the news of Iellwen and the decision to end the quest. She put the mice in her pockets, and, holding the reins of her horse, walked over to her.
"It is still quite early, but at least we will get to Lothlorien more quickly this way. Though more hours in the saddle are not something to be particularly thankful for." She was simply trying to make conversation and have Adonnenniel feel more included in the group.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I will travel on foot," Eleniel said quickly. She couldn't bear not walking beneath the foliage or up in the tree limbs. She ground her boot into the ashes, seeking to put out the remaining embers. A few puffs of smoke rose, but she continued to stir the ashes until they cooled further. "Should we take some of the coals with us to better start a fire later?" Without waiting for an answer, she tucked several into a side pocket of her bag.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel turned back to Aragil. "I will help you with Isil in a moment. We can attach the sled to Meldir so to better enable you to walk beside her." Aragil nodded and watched as Linriel went to the others.

Linriel saw Beri talking to Adonnenneil and thought to not disturb them. Meri came down from the tree and Linriel smiled at the young Elf. "We will leave soon."

Eleniel was gathering some of the hot coals and Linriel spoke to her. "It is good of you to think to take some of the coals. They will be needed. It is also good that you know how to put out a campfire." Linriel smiled. "I am glad you have joined us. We leave as soon as Aragil makes Isil comfortable on the sled."

Linriel put her things on Meldir's back and made sure they were secure. She noticed the air seemed fresher as Arien began to rise in the clear blue sky. Linriel looked forward to leaving Fanghorn and starting the journey to Lorien. She looked at the band of companions and hoped this short trip would pass without incident.

Aragil was moving the sled close to Isil and the Elf went to him. "How can I help?" she asked him.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel nodded to Meri, "I will be thankful to get there." She finished getting ready.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel smiled back to Linriel. "I am thankful to be here," she said. Upon seeing Aragil tend to Isil, and seeing Linriel's desire to help, Eleniel went over to them too. "I have some athelas," she said. "You may know it as kingsfoil. It will help the wolf to heal, should she require more need. I have some other supplies as well, however scarce. I shall be glad when we arrive in Lorien."
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
The last events of the past few days were in Aragil's mind. Fate had given him unexpected turns.

First there was Isil meeting Linriel and that terrible moment when I...no, I must not dwell on that moment, it will torment my mind and soul. Linriel had done more that I could have...I'm in debt with her...Isil will get more help soon...my new companions will help and the healers of Lorien when we arrive there...Then there came Meri, Beri and Adonnenniel which I don't know much of but in time I will...Last to join the new company was Eleniel. The trees were her element, she showed love and respect to them...It seems we all desire for the refreshment of the Lorien...last night had been good..how I needed to distract myself and that skirmish, the release of anger upon the scum and the wielding of my sword...now this good breakfast and quick preparation for our departure...my dear Isil, how I wish I could see you take off into the woods...pick up a scent and run free...we must leave These were some thoughts that were in Aragil's mind. He knew he had to be strong for Isil and he knew that she would get better in due time.

Linriel had helped the others and now she came to Aragil and offered him help. "Let's see. We could adjust this rope on the strong back of Meldir." He was thankful she had offered her help and continued saying, "Could you make sure the rope on Meldir's left flank, I will secure his right. Le hannon, Mellon." They improvised a saddle that would hold the two poles that Meldir would pull. Once they had fastened the rope with some good knots Eleniel walked to them and offered her help. "I thank you for your service. I will let you know when we need it." Aragil said with a cool smile.

Linriel walked towards Isil and softly spoke to her and delicately stroked her head. "Fret not, we are almost ready to leave. Here, I saved this from breakfast for you." Linriel gave her some of the rabbit that Eleniel had hunted earlier that day and Isil ate it. As she was kneeling down, she turned to Aragil and said, "you should pick her up and lay her on the sled. Meldir will pull her gently as we go." Aragil walked towards Isil and gently picked her up. Isil looked him directly in his eyes, feeling secure in his arms. She knew Aragil would not leave her, no matter the reason, they had always been together.

It was still early morning and the day was bright with a soft rustle of wind. It was hard to get a glimpse of what the weather was going to be that day because of the strong limbs that towered over the companions. But no matter whether there be rain or hail, lighting or thunder, Aragil would reach Lorien soon.

Everyone seemed to be ready and packed. Aragil knew well the lay of the land and spoke his opinion to what path had to be taken. "I believe must head north and then a little ways east. That way we will reach the southern eaves of the forest in no more than a few days. I do want to make haste for Isil's sake. We will cross the plains swiftly and hopefully without delay. Then we shall all reach the destination that tugs at our hearts." Aragil looked at all of them in their eyes as he spoke hoping that they would agree with him.

Post by Erwedraith and Lindarielwen

[Edited on 03/30/2014 by Erwedraith]
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I've found. I found it is the small things. Every day deeds by ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay." - Gandalf
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel thanked Eleniel for offering her help. "Hantanyel, Eleniel, the wolf's wound is packed with athelas. I think it should be fine until we reach Lorien. I still have some but I will let you know if we need more. I will be glad to get to Lorien to replenish my supplies and I imagine it is the same with you."

Aragil and Linriel finished tying the sled to Meldir. He bent down to carry Isil and put her on the sled. Linriel's eyes filled with tears as she watched Aragil pick up the wolf with much love and tenderness. She knew how greatly saddened he was for wounding Isil with the arrow that was aimed at her. Isil jumped in front of the arrow and Linriel was spared but at the expense of a wound to the beautiful animal.

A calm wind was blowing and Linriel knew the grass was soft beneath her feet. Her thoughts took her to the first time she met Isil. A cold nose against her hands made her look up into the beautiful blue eyes of a white wolf! She smiled as she thought how they played and she knew once Isil recovered they would do so again. A rabbit scampered in the brush and Linriel knew it would not be long for Isil to be roaming free in the lush forests of Middle-earth.

Linriel stood up next to Aragil. "She will be fine. Antan vandanya. She will be running with you amongst the trees in Lorien in no time. And I will roll with her in the leaves." Linriel finished with a smile.

Aragil nodded and then spoke of the path he thought they should follow to Lorien. Linriel agreed. "Yes, that is way we should go. We will be there in a short time and soon we can all be rested and enjoy the many fine offerings of Caras Galadhon."

Linriel looked at her fellow companions and remembered all they had been through. Adonnenniel suffered most of all and she hoped the Elf maiden would find comfort and hope in Lorien.

The bright light of Arien broke through some of the thick trees in Fangorn. "Let us go." said Linriel.

Edited with suggestions by Erwedraith. Hantanyel!

[Edited on 03/31/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The trees were beautiful, and the light shining through them made them seem as if they were a million emerelds smelt into wood, them held up to light. Eleniel breathed in deeply, and the cool air brushed over her lungs. A bird called to it's mate in the distance, and far off, a brook babbled. Such ancient secrets, all held together in the palm of a hand.

The tall grasses blew gently as they continued on the path through the trees. The way was lightly trodden, slightly taken, and dotted with a few stones and branches along the way. As they continued, Eleniel could have sworn that she heard the trees speak to one another.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel rode in silence. She listened to the sounds of the forest and tried to keep her mind off her missing niece. Only a few days to Lothlorien, a few days until she could let her guard down and rest, and feel safe. But who would be there for her? She had no friends there to welcome her, no family. Those who remained of her companions planned to continue traveling together. She didn't know if she wanted to do that, right now all she wanted was to be done with the road.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel walked at Meldir's head and spoke words of thanks to him. "Varde carna...soon you will run free in Lorien." Meldir tossed his head and his thick black mane.

The black steed had been Linriel's companion since she caught him on the plains of Rohan. She smiled as she remembered coming across the small herd of horses near the Great West Road. She noticed the big black horse with the blue hooves almost instantly. "He is the one," she thought. Talking softly to the horses, Linriel made her way through the herd until she was quite near the black horse. Without hesitation, Linriel took hold of the horse's mane and swung herself onto his back. For just a moment, the horse stood perfectly still. Nothing moved, even the birds did not sing. The moment passed quickly and the horse reared up in an effort to knock Linriel to the ground but she held fast. Her hands were wrapped around his mane and she held her legs tightly against his sides. The powerful horse bucked and ran far off into the plains. The wind blew Linriel's hair as the horse galloped on the brown, dry grass. The sky was clear and the sun was shining as horse and rider raced back and forth. The horse finally stopped and Linriel slid from his back. She laid her head against his strong neck. "You and I will have many adventures together. Your name shall be Meldir, which means *trusted friend* I do not think a saddle will be needed but perhaps a bridle," she told him. The horse appeared to nod in understanding.

Linriel looked over at Aragil. He seemed to be walking with a purpose now that they are on the way to Lorien. "Once we get to Lorien, he will have peace of mind when he sees Isil healed and roaming free." she hoped.

Her thoughts turned to Galadriel. Why does she want to see me? What can be so urgent?

The dark night gave way to the morning sun and a cloudless sky. A soft wind was blowing and there was a freshness in the air. It would not be much longer before they reached Lorien.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
At long last, Eleniel and the rest stood in the shadows of the trees of Lorien. Here, their limbs were more laden with green, more reverent and less wild, unlike the trees of Fangorn. For a moment, they all stood there, gaping up and into the forest, until finally they moved on into the shade.

The sun shone lightly, making everything pale, as the day faded away. Eleniel held her pack closer to her and slightly tightened her grip on her bow. Strange things sometimes lurked in the borders of the Elven realms.

Now that they were in the Realm of Lorien, the air did indeed feel lighter. Eleniel stepped more quickly, her feet sinking a bit in the grass, as she hurried along. She wondered where the guards were, recalling that her long since gone brother had recalled friends among them.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked around and was surprised there were no guards at the edge of the Golden Wood. At least none that she could see. There had to be guards and Linriel walked further into the woods. A voice came from behind a tree. "So our little adventuress has returned again!" Linriel recognized the voice and laughed. "Yes, Tumion, I have returned but at the request of Lady Galadriel." A very tall and lordly Elf stepped out from behind a tree. Tumion nodded. "She does await you, Linriel. Go first to your talon, it is always prepared for you."

Linriel turned to her companions and introduced them to Tumion. "I travel with Meri and Beri, Adonnenniel, Eleniel, and Aragil with the wolf Isil. The wolf has been injured and needs help." Tumion nodded at Aragil, "Greetings Aragil, welcome back. We will take you and Isil to the healing talon." Aragil left with an Elf and together they pulled Isil in the sled. Tumion looked at Eleniel, certain she reminded him of someone.

Linrile turned to her companions. "I take my leave. You will be shown to your chambers. Refresh yourselves and prepare for a wonderful feast. I must go see Lady Galadriel." With that, Linriel climbed atop Meldir and began making her way into the trees. The scents of jasmine and honeysuckle filled the air. She saw the golden glow of the Mallorn trees and knew Aragil would enjoy climbing the tallest tree with her. She knew he passed through Lorien but she was certain that he did not know of the tree she climbed as a child in Caras Galadhon.

She made her way to her flet. It was kept ready for her just in case she would return home. She entered and there were vases of fragrant flowers throughout the room. Linriel went to her dressing chamber, eager to change from her traveling clothes to a gown and soft shoes. Hanging there were dresses of all colours, soft colours that matched the sky, the grass, the trees, the flowers, the very air itself. She reached for one and held the delicate cloth against her face. An Elf maiden came in to help her prepare. It felt good to wash the scent of traveling and sleeping in the woods from her hair and skin.

Linriel slipped the beautiful gown over her head and loved the feel of the soft fabric. It had been a while since she wore a dress as fine as this. The gown was a silver grey colour with blue gems around the neckline and sleeves. Linriel sat at the dressing table and began to comb her long tresses. She heard someone enter the room and turned to see Galadriel. The White Lady held out her arms and Linriel ran into her embrace. How good it felt to have arms around her. "Meldanya, meldanya, Linriel." said the Lady as she stroked Linriel's hair. The lovely Elf rested her head on Galadriel's shoulder and tears of joy fell from her eyes.

"My Lady it is so wonderful to be here." said Linriel. Galadriel answered, "This is your home, Linriel, it always has been. You do not ever have to leave. You can stay here as long as you wish." "Thank you, My Lady, but I cannot stay." Linriel said. "I am traveling with companions and we plan to visit many towns and realms in Middle-earth together. One I travel with, Aragil, has been here not so long ago." Galadriel smiled at Aragil's name. "Ah, Aragil, he has been given the bow of the Galadhrim. He is an honourable Elf." Linriel grew thoughtful. Aragil must have quite a story to tell me about that bow.

"My Lady, a messenger found me in the forest and said it was urgent that I return to Lorien. That you had to tell me something of great importance." Linriel said. A look of great sadness crossed Galadriel's face. "Yes, dear Linriel, I do have something I must tell you." She took Linriel's hands in her own. Linriel suddenly became frightened. "What has happened, My Lady? What is wrong?" Galadriel looked at Linriel and knew her heart was about to break. "I have news of your mother, Linriel. There has been a terrible accident."

[Edited on 04/08/2014 by Lindarielwen]

[Edited on 04/08/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel stared at the guard Tumion. She was compelled to say something, so ask if he knew of her brother, but held her tongue, proposing to save the quesrion should she come to face the Lady of the Wood.

Looking at her intently also, Tumion sent Aragil and Isil away for healing. Some time after Linriel had been gone to speak with Galadriel, he said to her, "You remind me greatly of someone."

"Someone that you value, I presume," Eleniel said, trying to keep the clip out of her voice. "Meri, Beri, Adonnenniel, come with me. I wish to find a place to wash away the dirt and soil of this journey."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, she reminds of someone." thought Tumion.

"Flets are being prepared for all of you along with fresh clothing. Renew yourselves, take some rest." Tumion called after them.

He leaned against a tree, trying to remember why Eleniel seemed so familiar to him.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel hustled the others away and guided them up a ladder and into an empty flet.

"Here, clean your clothes of dirt and any other elements of travel. We will be safe here. This realm is well guarded."

Despite her words, Eleniel worried for Linriel, and what words the Lady of the Wood had for her.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel's head reeled as if she had been dealt a blow. She set her eyes on Galadriel's face and watched as a tear slowly made its way from the eye of the White Lady, down her cheek to her chin and, after hesitating, the tear slid from Galadriel's face and fell to the floor, breaking into hundreds of smaller drops.

Mother and child held hands as they walked along the shore in the moonlight. Tilion rose high above them and the colour of both their hair rivaled the Moon's sheen. The water brushed against their bare feet and the Elf child laughed as tiny fish nipped at her toes. The only sound was the soft laughter of a child and the water gently ebbing back and forth. Finally, the two reached a dune and up they climbed. At the top, they laid on the sand looking up at the sky. "Linriel that group of stars is called Menelmacar. He is the Swordsman of the Sky. Do you see his belt of stars?" The child nodded happily and pointed to another group of stars. "Amme, that one is called the butterfly of the sky, Wilwarin." Linriel's mother smiled as her daughter told her the names of the stars. But the child could not resist asking about her favourite star. "Tell me the story of Earendil, Amme. Please." Tears began to well in Linriel's eyes.

Linriel did not move as Galadriel told her of the accident that took her mother's life. "Out riding..." "The day was beautiful..." "You know how she loved riding in the mountains..." "There was no warning..." "A great rumbling was heard..."

A landslide swept the horse and rider over the precipice. The horse tried valiantly to keep its footing but there was nothing underneath his hooves but air. Linriel's mother looked up at the bright blue sky and knew she was seeing it for the last time. The sounds she heard were of rocks hitting rocks and trees crumbling under the mighty rocks that came crashing down from atop the mountain. She also heard her own last thoughts...A child's laughter. Her husband whispering in her ear. The sound of the sea. Her own voice as she beheld the stars at night and gasped aloud at their beauty. There were colours flashing in her mind...The soft golden glow of the Mallorn trees. The green of the grass beneath her feet. The colour of moonlight as it lit her path at night. The turquoise of her daughter's eyes.

Linriel's eyes were the last things she thought of as her body was broken and the huge rocks caused her life to end.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen was glad to be back in Lothlorien. The trees, fanning out their leaves into a canopy above her, always seemed to be protecting her, and hiding her from evil eyes. There was a comfortable stillness in the air, so different from both the bustle of cities and the lonely silence of mountains. It was the feeling of a mother smiling down at her child, and a baby bird nestling under it's mother's wing. The wind in this fair land always blew favourably, a cool breeze in summer and in autumn the kind of wind that sends leaves swirling around your ankles, but never in your face.

Beriadanwen smiled as she walked the familiar trails, but she wished that they could rest then be on their way as quickly as possible. She preferred traveling to staying where she was. She thought that if she had to live in one place, her heart would be restless. She needed to move, to walk and run and dance through the trees and over the hills. But staying until the wolf was healed and they all regained their strength was sensible, so she sighed and led her horse to the stables.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
After they had all relatively settled, Eleniel combed out her hair with a brush made of wood and began to hop around in the treetops. Far below her, she could see other people and animals moving about in the grass, and water bubbling in brooks. A thought went to Isil, and Eleniel sent a prayer to Eru that the wolf would be safe.

At last, Eleniel came to reach a tall clearing free of trees. She climbed up slightly higher and perched on a branch high off of the ground and away from the base of the tree trunk.

She closed her eyes and did her best to remember where she had seen Tumion before. That time in her life was all a blur of motion, but still the memories were painfully retained. The news reaching Mirkwood, the news of the win, the news of the cost. King Thranduil exiting the hall with remarkable show of strength, and returning with the demeanor of a lilac crushed beneath a heel.

"Gohero nin," he said with a bowed head. "Im garlien dim." Im sorry. I hold your sadness.

It was then that Eleniel learned that her dear elder brother, Eruantien, had perished in battle. Eleniel requested to take her leave from Thranduil, first the hall, and then Mirkwood altogether. Both, he granted. The sadness there was too much for Eleniel to carry.

And then, in the mix of the crowd- a regal looking, still young and noble Elf. One that Eleniel now recognized as Tumion.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Galadriel wiped the tears from Linriel's face. "I am so sorry, Meldanya, but there are no words of comfort I can give you to ease your heartache. I cannot give you words but I can give you something else." Galadriel reached down, picked up a package and put it in Linriel's lap. "Your mother, my dear friend, Leoma, left this for you when she sailed from the Grey Havens. She told me to give it to you at the time I felt you would need it the most. I think now is that time. Galadriel kissed the top of Linriel's head. "Open your package and remember your mother at the time of your most happiest memory." Galadriel stepped out of Linriel's flet.

Linriel looked at the package on her lap and could not help but smile. The wrapping was so like her mother, rose coloured linen tied with a bit of lace. As she held the package, Linriel realized that it was left with Galadriel some 500 years ago. What could be inside? It only took Linriel a moment to think of the perfect place to open the package but she must change her clothes first. Black leggings, grey boots, a long, light purple, lace tunic, and a purple leather vest fastened with a red jewel were the garments she chose. She pulled her hair back and fastened it with a silver clasp. Putting the package in her pack, Linriel left her flet and and quietly headed out into the woods.

It was a beautiful starlit night. Tilion was high in the sky and Carnil was in the East, shining bright red. The air was clean and fresh and a gentle wind stirred the leaves. Tree frogs sang their night lullaby and the crickets chirped happily as they called to one another. Linriel so loved walking in the night. Her footsteps began to quicken as she grew closer to the place she was seeking.

Going around a bend in the path, Linriel was met with a wondrous sight. There in the trees, sparkling and twinkling were hundreds, no, thousands of fireflies. They looked like tiny lights in the trees, blinking and dancing and playing in the branches. Linriel had been in the wild for a long time and only once before had she seen a sight such as this. She thought the fireflies seemed like tiny stars that escaped the confines of the sky and came down to Middle-earth to light the paths of many.

She walked past the fireflies and entered a passage that was almost hidden by the thick trees. Linriel smiled as she looked down and saw the moonlight shining on the path, guiding her way. She walked for some ways and finally stopped at a cluster of trees. No, it was not a cluster, it was one tree! One towering tree that rose up into the sky, higher than all the others.

Linriel made sure her pack was tight over her shoulder then grabbed hold of the lowest branch and pulled herself up. She began to climb the tree she loved so much as a child. The tree grew into the tallest Mallorn in all of Caras Galadhon. The very top would be the perfect place for Linriel to open the package from her mother.

The tree was so tall that Tilion was riding a little lower in the sky by the time Linriel got to the highest branch. She built herself a small flet at the top of the tree and was about to step onto it when she froze. Someone was there! She was not alone! Quietly,she drew her dagger.

[Edited on 04/15/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel sat for awhile longer as she pondered her memories. She had thought that coming to Lothlorien would have given her peace, but so far, it was only inducing the waves of turmoil--to both Linriel, she assumed, and herself.

She thought of Aragil and Isil for a momentl knowing that those who dwelled here were well learned in the healing arts. But, so were those Mirkwood, or so she had thought.

Finally, Eleniel slid down from the mallorn and walked the ground for a time. Above her, crystalline bridges glowing with the light of stars lines the trees. There were some who walked, but now, at night, she was virtually alone.

Eleniel wandered for many hours, ultimately ending at the very heart of Caras Galadhon. Just as she was about to stop and rest, she felt that there was something behind her, and she abruptly turned to see an arrow poiinted at her head.

"Man thellein?" Tumion asked. What is your purpose?

"Thel nin...od man?" Eleniel asked, drawing her own bow and turn. My purpose...of what?

Tumion tossed his head, but the arrow didn't waver. Neither did Eleniel's. "Im nauth han Thranduil aw ti tir edraindeid," Tumion said. "Hin aun dafdh na bad?"

I thought Thranduil had those to watch his borders. They gave you permission to go?

Eleniel eased her arrowpoint to look towards the ground. "Yes," she said. "And I would like for you not to ask why."

She continued walking, completely aware that he was behind her still. "Why do you follow me?" She called back.

He didn;t answer. eleniel turned back to call again, but he was gone, melted into the trees or the starlit bridges. She didn't know why that bothered her.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen yawned. She had not realised she was tired, but the journey had taken more out of her than she knew. The peace of these ancient woods calmed her restless spirit, but she could not sleep yet. She rose from where she was sitting. Beriadanwen looked up at her, silently offering her company. She smiled, and her cousin came over to stand beside her. They walked under the silent stars with no purpose and no destination, only the simple need to keep moving that, as any wanderer knows, is easily obtained and hard to cast off.

Tomorrow she would make herself a better bow, with the help of the Lothlorien elves, who had already volunteered their services when they had heard her talking to Beri about her lack of a proper weapon. Beri had also mentioned that she would like a new spear, as the act of cutting it down to size had meant that it was no longer balanced.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel held her dagger tightly and jumped onto her flet. "Who goes here? What are you doing in my tree?" Linriel called out. Laughter greeted her. "I am enjoying the view, as I always did." Linriel recognized the voice. "Tumion! What brings you here this night?" She put her pack on a small table and joined her friend at the edge of the flet. "Always ready to defend yourself, meldanya, and that is a good thing." said Tumion. "I know you have sorrow in your heart, Linriel. Ai haryal nyerena. I only wish to take a moment to ask you about someone."

Linriel remembered racing Tumion in the woods so long ago and they would chase one another up this very tree, each trying to get to the top before the other. Linriel smiled as she wondered if he always let her win. "How can I help you?" she asked. Tumion answered, "The Elf maid, Eleniel, what can you tell me about her?" Linriel considered the question. "She joined our company in Fangorn. She dropped down from a tree and I offered her food and asked if she would like to travel with us. She hails from Mirkwood. That is all I can tell you." Linriel grew thoughtful. "Tumion, would not the simplest thing to do is just ask her what you want to know?" Tumion grinned, "Yes, that would seem to be wise."

Mirkwood! Mirkwood! That must be where I have seen her. "Hantanyel, Linriel. I will take my leave." Tumion hugged Linriel then started the long descent down the tree.

Linriel was finally alone. She removed the package from her bag and held it but was not ready to open it. Rather, she went to her wineskin and took a deep drink of the sweet liquid. Linriel gathered up the package and her wineskin and began climbing still higher up the Mallorn tree. She climbed until she reached another flet still higher than any other in Lorien. She stepped lightly onto the platform and noticed a distinctive scent in the air. A voice spoke with a gentle chuckle, "It took you long enough."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
All through the night, Eleniel wandered aimlessly under the stars of Lorien. How different they looked here! On the road, they were distant, faint creatures, but here in the Woodland Realm, they were more like a sea of diamonds, and Eleniel was sure if she reached high enough, her hand would be able to break the surface and part all of the jewels like a wave does to a rock.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel stepped quietly onto the flet and saw a shadow sitting with feet hanging down. She placed her pack on the wooden platform, took her wineskin and joined Aragil at the edge of the flet. The sweet smell of Old Toby wafted in the air.

"Tell me, Mellon, how did you find my tree? And Isil? She must be well if you are here." Aragil nodded. "Yes, Mellon, you are correct in saying Isil must be well if I am here." He turned to her, grey eyes meeting turquoise. "The healer told me it was the swift action of one skilled in restoration art that kept Isil from perishing. You know, my Lady, that I will be forever grateful for what you have done."

Aragil reached inside his tunic and brought out a wrapped parcel and handed it to Linriel. "To express my gratitude," he said as Linriel began to open the bundle. She gave a small gasp as the wrapping fell open and revealed the most exquisite pipe she had ever seen. She knew instantly the wood was from a Mallorn tree. Aragil spoke. "I was just out and kept walking. It seemed I was drawn by some force to come this way. The wood is from this very tree. I did not think you or the tree would mind." Linriel answered, never taking her eyes from the beautiful pipe. "No, no we do not mind." She held the delicate vessel in her hands and marveled at it's artistry.

The bowl was fashioned of three stars and at the connection to the stem, the design turned into a trail of minute copper stars leading to the tip. It was the copper stars that caught Linriel's eyes the most. Tiny copper stars all along the stem. Copper was her favourite metal and Aragil had no way of knowing. It reminded her of the shooting stars she so loved to see. "How did you fashion this? Your metalwork is exceptional. How did you come to know this art? It is truly the most beautiful pipe in all of Arda. It shall always be one of my most treasured belongings." Linriel stated. Aragil looked at her, "It was the least I could do to repay you for all you have done to help Isil." Linriel told him, "You need not thank me. There was naught else I could do except help her. I regret that Isil getting wounded is what caused us to meet." Aragil bent his head. " I too, deplore my actions of that day."

Linriel knew Aragil still had sadness in his heart. "Once Isil is back to roaming free, your heart will not be so burdened. Come, let us, at least, enjoy what is left of this night." Linriel handed Aragil the wineskin and he took a deep drink. Overhead the heavenly bodies twinkled and a few wispy clouds floated near the Moon. It was a tranquil, serene night. Linriel did not want to think of anything other than being high up in her tree. She turned her head towards Aragil and wondered what path he will follow.

The two Elves sat quietly, simply looking far into the distance from their perch. This was the tallest tree in all of Caras Galadhon. The mightiest of all the Mallorn trees in Middle-earth. Overhead, the creations of Varda were shining in a sky as black as a raven's wing, as black as Aragil's hair. All was quiet this night save the sound of leaves fluttering in the dark and the soft cooing of doves. Aragil and Linriel, each lost in their own thoughts, drank and smoked as the night eased into morning.

[Edited on 04/23/2014 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen awoke as the sky lightened, and gently shook her cousin awake. Merilwen blinked until the treeline came into focus. They were sitting up in one of the Mallorn trees, where they had slept side by side. The sunset is always different but always so beautiful, and they hated to miss one.
Beri murmured to her mice so that they too woke, and they sat there, the two sisters a hand's width apart on one of the thicker boughs and the two mice balanced on a slender branch at shoulder height, four silhouettes against the rising sun.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The sky began to lighten and Aragil said to Linriel, "This has been a relaxing night. I will leave you now to your package. I hope what is inside eases your heart." Linriel stood up as she watched Aragil begin his climb down the tree.

She went to the parcel and picked it up. It was not very heavy. She held it close, a bit afraid to open it. What will I find? What did my mother leave for me so many many years ago?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Finally, as the sun kissed the morning clouds, Eleniel made her way to the mallorn tree where she had seen Meri and Beri take refuge. Upon finding them awake, she said, "I hope you have slept well!"

As the cousins woke themselves, Eleniel told them of what had befallen her during the night, leaving out Tumion. But, after he vanished, and sometime before the sun rose, Eleniel encountered the Lady of the Wood herself.

Galadriel had been standing along the bridge, as if she were one of the stars. And the moment Eleniel laid her eyes on her, the White Lady had raised her hand, and in her ear Eleniel heard, "You and your companions shall speak with me; in the morn, as the sun rises."

Eleniel explained the encounter to Meri and Beri, and then said, "We should find Linriel and then go to speak with the Lady."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel held the package in her arms and looked upwards between the leaf laden branches of her Mallorn tree. The golden light of dawn was beginning to inch it's way into the sky and Linriel realized she was hungry. I do not have to open this now. It will keep.

She tucked the treasured parcel in her pack and started to climb down the massive tree. Linriel had plenty of time to think as she made her way to the ground below.

I look forward to this journey as we travel this vastness known as Middle-earth. So far, since our new journey began, there was only one encounter with orcs but they were dealt with swiftly. She smiled as she thought of fighting side- by-side with Aragil. We fought well together. But something troubles him. I can hear it in his voice and see it in his eyes.

She thought of Thurinlass. Firstborn! She remembered the last time she saw him.....Perhaps our paths will cross again.

Bildarion! We would have been married by now if it wasn't for his errand. No matter, we are on different journeys.

She thought of the others she traveled with, those who are no longer with the company, those who have stayed and also the newcomers to the little band.

Linriel reached the bottom bough and dropped to the forest floor. Making sure her pack was tight around her shoulder, off she ran to find the others.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Just as she was about to go get her, Eleniel saw Linriel tearing across the grass towards them. "Aiya!" Eleniel called, addressing Linriel in the ancient Elvish she so often spoke. "I see that you have hidden yourself away here! No mind, but the Lady of the Wood has summoned us to her table. I wonder of what she will say?"

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel nodded at Eleniel. "Aiya! Vande omentaina. It is easy to lose all sense of time, of movement, in this Wood. Lorien has been my home for half my life and before that, I accompanied my mother when she came to visit Galadriel. It is easy for me to find a hiding place here." Linriel looked about. "The day will come when I will no longer leave this land."

She greeted Meri and Beri and wondered where the others were. "Have you seen Adonnenniel? Perhaps she is already at the table. I have spoken to Aragil and the wolf is fine so I expect him to join us as well."

They all began to walk towards the dining flet. "One can never know what the Lady will say to us, but for now, I am famished and so look forward to a good meal," Linriel said to no one in particular. The four Elves walked quietly, taking in the beauty of the morning.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I look forward to feasting well, too," Eleniel said in responce to Linriel, "But I also wonder what wisdom the lady will share with us."

They four of them ascended the gem-sdorned staircases into the dining flet. Eleniel thought, on her first journey here, that the flets would terrify her. However, she found them to be as comfortable as tree branches, though slightly hindering.

Adonnenniel was not at the tabloe, but they all sat down nonetheless. An Elf dressed in a silver frock came towards them and said that Galadriel would be joining them soon.

Eleniel examined her reflection in a water glass made of crystal. A design of rubies was inlayed onto the bottom, arranged in a crescent moon. She fixed a few strings of her hair into a quick braid and tucked them behind her ear. And when she looked up, the White Lady was standing near them.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel felt, instead of seeing, the soft glow enter the room. She turned towards the glow and there beheld Galadriel! Linriel thought, as she always did, There is none as beautiful as she

For just an instant, Galadriel turned her eyes on Linriel..You have yet to open the package from your mother Linriel cast a quick smile and barely shrugged a shoulder then looked down.

Linriel lifted her head and looked about the room. She saw Meri, Beri and Eleniel. The absence of Adonnenniel and also of Aragil, was quite noticeable.

Several Elves came in and removed all the unused seats. All save one.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
There were several moments of quet before Galadriel finally sat down at the table. "Come," she said finally. "Eat. Drink. You are my guests here, and I shall treat you as such."

Eleniel watched to see what the otehrs would do, and, in finding no reaction, she picked up her fork and cut into the dish before her. She recognised the food to be lembas, but it held a different taste--lighter and more full, with notes of sweet honey and light sugar. She couldn't stop eating.

They made slight conversation until one more rustle was seen at the entrence to the flet. Eleniel nearly choked when she saw Tumion standing there, not dressed in the browns and greens of a soldier, but in silver armor and a bright red cape.

He gave a slight bow to Lady Galadriel and then said, "Lady Adonnenniel is in her flet being attended to. Aragil and the wolf, Isil are no longer in Lorien. They have departed from this land and have left no word."

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was raising her fork when Tumion came into the dining flet. Ah, he is dressed in his armour and cape. She smiled. He always looked so grand in his stately garb. But it was Tumion's words that caused Linriel distress. She did not expect Adonnenniel to join them but when she heard Tumion tell of the leaving of Aragil and Isil, the fork dropped from her hand. As she reached for it, her hand brushed against her plate and it fell to the floor, spilling the contents onto her clothes as it dropped.

Aragil gone! How can that be? How could he leave without word? She bent down to retrieve her plate and found tears welling in her eyes. We spent the night talking in my tree and he made me that beautiful pipe. He gave no hint of leaving. But Linriel remembered she felt something was not good with Aragil. She sensed there was an issue but did not question him. She reached for her plate but tears blurred her eyes. She sat up and Galadriel quickly made motion for an Elf maid to assist Linriel. Her plate was replaced and filled with fresh food and her clothing wiped clean.

Tumion remained standing at Galadriel's side but the Lady said, "Tumion, partake of this lovely meal. Be seated. Join us."

The dashing Elf took the only available seat...next to Eleniel.
<< First2627282930Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email