Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3435363738Last >>
Author Topic:
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas was shaking with fear, he tried his best to hide it, he took the water and took several sips from it, "Do you know how long it will take?"
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel quietly made her way to the council chamber. All she wanted to do was listen as Bildarion spoke to Thranduil. If it seemed things were not going well, she planned on making herself known to the King. We have come here to help and are being treated unjustly.

She had been to Mirkwood many times and always thought highly of Thranduil. But now, now it seemed the King was being a bit irrational. Bildarion will be of great help she thought.

Suddenly, Linriel heard voices in the passage and she hid herself in the darkness. She thought the voices sounded angry and she pressed herself against the wall.

"You should have killed that boy while you had the chance and for that matter, you should have made sure Legolas did not survive his wound. If is wasn't for that interfering she-Elf and her healing...." Another voice broke in. "Stop! Stop now! You say nothing of Linriel."

Linriel covered her mouth with her hands to keep from crying out. That voice! No, no, it cannot be! How could it be? A tear rolled slowly down her cheek.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Do you know how long it will take?" Legolas asked.

"I do not know, mellon," Eleniel said, soothingly. "Try and rest."

She looked around. Linriel had still not returned. Where could she have gone?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The voices moved quickly down the passage and Linriel could no longer hear them. She stayed against the wall, barely able to breathe, as she realized the voice she heard belonged to...No, it cannot be! It simply cannot be. How could he do this? How could he be a traitor? How can he kill his own kind?

She closed her eyes and remained where she was. He has changed. He is no longer the one I knew for so long a time.

Linriel knew what must be done. She moved into the passageway when suddenly she was grasped from behind.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel suddenly heard a scream, coming from somewhere in the halls. She leaped up and ran, leaving Legolas to nurse his wounds. Ella and Fili stood to go with her, but she said, "No. If you get out with me, you will be discovered."

She dashed down the hall. As she did, people spilled out of the council room, and she quickly found her father, who gripped her hand. "My daughter," he said, with worried eyes. "What is wrong?"

"That was not me," Eleniel said. "I fear that it was Linriel!"
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"We must go after her, than..." Legolas said from behind, he stood up, his hand pressed to his side, "Do not try to tell me to sit aside, I will help..." Legolas looked pale and weak but he would not sit out while another friend got hurt.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Good work," Andaer nodded to the Elf, Tumion. "Take her back to camp. I'll cover your retreat."
Andaer quickly walked back into the halls of Mirkwood as Tumion galloped away. He passed Bildarion in the hall.
"Make sure King Thranduil does not come. We do not want him leading, "he hissed in his ear.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harn stood up quickly when he heard the scream. But Eleniel pushed him down again.
"What is happening?" he asked the prince.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"What are you doing? Have you lost your wits?" Linriel spat at her childhood friend. She allowed him to pull her onto the saddle but the Elf maid knew she would not be there for long. What is he thinking? He knows he cannot hold me against my will

They galloped further into the woods when suddenly, swifter than a thought, Linriel swung her leg over the saddle and at the same time pulled her small dagger from her boot. She jumped from the horse and held her dagger, ready to fight this rogue Elf. "I will not let you do this, Tumion. What is wrong with you? Why are you doing this?"

Tumion pulled the horse to a halt and faced Linriel with a smile. "I should have known you would not stay on the horse for any length of time. Linriel, listen to me, there are some things you must know."

Before Tumion had a chance to say more, he suddenly slumped in the saddle. An arrow had pierced his back! Ignoring her first impulse to help her friend, Linriel ran. She ran swiftly away from Tumion. Who shot that arrow?

Deeper and deeper into the woods she ran until she was certain no one followed her. She finally stopped and took rest against a tree. I must get back to Mirkwood but I do not know who I can trust. She thought of Bildarion. He has been in Mirkwood for some time. He has a daughter. What other secrets does he hold?

Linriel began to make her way back to the Woodland Realm.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Morcion smiled as he lowered his bow. He had never trusted Tumion or Bildarion for that matter. But the girl was a problem. She might have heard important secrets. Softly and quietly, he chased her down. Just as she was about to break into a clearing he stepped in front of her with a arrow nocked and ready. He laughed when he saw her looking at her knife.
"That knife wasn't made for throwing and my arrow is faster."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After passing the message to Bildarion Andaer approached Bildarion's daughter, who in the rush, had become separated from her father. She was looking about wildly.
"Greetings," he said formally, "I am Andaer may I help you."
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel went mad, shrieking for Linriel, shaking off her fathers hand. She ran to the window to see if she could see Linriel being taken away, but found that she couldn't. Her only hope lay in Tauriel- would her friend see Linriel's capture?

Eleniel was about to make her way back over to Thranduil when someone cornered her. She feited a motion left, and then right, but the man followed.

"Greetings," he said formally, "I am Andaer. May I help you?"

Eleniel dodged him, but he caught up with her again. "Please," she snapped. "Let me return to my father."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel stared at the laughing Morcion with defiant eyes. He never saw her wrist move. He never saw the blade fly through the air. He never had a chance to shoot his arrow. The only thing he had a chance to do was sink to his knees and look at Linriel before darkness took him.

Not meant for throwing indeed. I have lived with the Galadhrim for over 500 years and have learned to throw all manner of blades. Linriel went to Morcion and pulled her dagger from the bleeding wound in his throat. She wiped the blood on his tunic before she tucked it into her belt. Out loud she said, "If you are lucky, you will bleed to death before the vultures find you."

Linriel looked to the sky before she started on the trek back to Mirkwood. I should arrive at Mirkwood before the sun sets.

As she ran, her thoughts turned to Tumion. What did he want to tell me? I left him there and I do not know if he survived his wound. I will ask the King if riders can be sent out to find him.

[Edited on 07/23/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Morcion sank down to his knees clutching his throat. The she-elf yanked her blade from his throat. All became darkness. Then he knew no more.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andaer continued to follow Bildarion's daughter.
"Perhaps you can help me," he persisted, "I saw you with one of your company, the boy, I am looking for the boy for his parents."
He felt a surge of triumph as the she-elf looked at him sharply.
"Oh I guess he told you his imaginary story," Adaer continued, "You see the boy has a mental problem. He runs away telling stories to any passerby that will listen. His parents are awfully worried. I found them hunting in the woods, poor dear folk," he said wistfully looking up. "Could you show me where he is?"
He looked deep into her eyes, she had believed it all. He watched as she nodded and led him down a hall.
Harn looked up surprised as Eleniel lead an Elf into the room. Then he saw who the Elf was. He cursed when he realized all his weapons had been taken away.
"Why did you bring him here," he asked looking around for some sort of weapon.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Bildarion raced through the halls trying to find Eleniel. He heard the shouts that Linriel had been taken but he had to find his daughter. Whoever took Linriel will soon find out that was not a wise thing to do

He finally reached Eleniel's chamber and entered without knocking. There his eyes met a remarkable sight...a Dwarf, a she-Elf that looked Dwarvish, the injured Legolas, Harn who had a wild look in his eyes as he seemed to search for something and, thankfully, Eleniel. But the other one in the room is what caused Bildarion concern.

Eleniel spoke, "Ada, Harn is not who he purports to be. This Elf...." "Stop, Eleniel." Bildarion interrupted as he glared at Andaer. "Why are you here? Why are you not at the gate?" Andaer answered, "I am sorry but I came to seek this boy. He must be returned to the cells." Harn backed into the corner of the room wishing he had his blade.

Bildarion looked at Harn, then spoke to Andaer. "Leave this room at once. Never speak to my daughter again and this boy, this boy, is under my protection. Be gone with you." Andaer bowed slightly and left the room but turned to cast a dark look at Bildarion.

"Ada, what is wrong? I was told that Harn.." she touched her finger to her temple. "He must be returned to his parents."

"Lies! All lies!" shouted Harn. "I have never lied to any of you. That Elf, he is one of them and there are others." Bildarion went to Harn. "No harm will come to you and I will see to it that your weapons are returned."

He looked at all of them. "I want you all to remain here for now. Do not leave this room and let no one enter unless you hear my voice. Or, of course, if Linriel returns."

"Ada, have you word of Linriel?" asked Eleniel. Bildarion looked at his daughter and saw she has made a friendship with Linriel. He shook his head. "As of yet, she has not returned but she is quite resourceful...she will get back to us."

Linriel would have enjoyed her run in the woods but darkness entered her thoughts. Tumion! Tumion! I hope you are all right. She thought of that fool who aimed an arrow at her. Why would he want to hurt me? He would have killed me quickly but I was quicker She did not want to think of hurting one of her own kind.

So many things have happened. I would have been wed but that was not to be. I should have stayed in Lorien. That is my home and always will be my home. After these matters are brought under control, that is where I shall return. I will make a good home for myself

She ran on until she finally reached the gates of the city.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Andear mounted his horse just as a she-elf ran up. He nodded then spurred his horse down the forest path. In 30 minutes he reached Maethor.
"Something is wrong with Bildarion," he addressed his leader, "he's protecting the boy."
Maethor rubbed his chin, Morcion was right, where was the blasted Elf?
"Have the second row of archers aim their arrows at the boy he's getting to be a burden."
"A she Elf overheard us."
Maethor's face darkened, " Have her brought to me alive. Did you tell Bildarion?"
"Yes sir he fell for it also. His daughter fell for the story also."
"Good. We have succeeded somewhere. Forget about the others have all the archers have their arrows trained on Thranduil."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harn breathed deep when the Elf left. He then turned his gaze on Eleniel. She had believed the Elf.
"I want my weapons back."
There was a noise in the hall distracted Bildarion. Linriel burst into the room panting. Blood covered her hands.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 07/24/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Everyone was quiet when Linriel came into the chamber. She leaned against the wall, surprisingly breathing a bit quickly. Her eyes met Bildarion's. "What took you so long?" he smiled.

"Just a bit of trouble in the woods and I tripped over a tree root and dirtied my hands." Linriel went to the basin and rinsed the soil and blood from her palms.

"It was Tumion who took me. He took me deep into the woods towards the rogue camp but I managed to get out of the saddle." spoke Linriel. The noble Elf could not hide his amusement. "Where is he now, Linriel?" She shook her head. "He was going to tell me something but an arrow in his back prevented him from doing so. I decided to run but was pursued by another. My dagger stopped him. I do not know how either fared."

She stood next to Eleniel. "We still do not know the reason Tumion had for standing with these rogues. He was unable to tell me. We must go search for him."

"No, we do not go after Tumion. We have traitors here in Mirkwood. They must be stopped." said Bilarion. An Elf brought in their weapons, among them was the sword Bildarion gave to Linriel. He picked it up and tossed it to her and then turned to the others. "To those of you who wish to fight, I thank you now. If you remain here, arm yourself."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn picked up his old sword and dagger and grinned. It felt good to feel like he could protect himself again. He slipped the knife into it's hiding spot and buckled his sword back around his waist. He walked over to Linriel.
"What did the other look like?"
–---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andaer rode back to Mirkwood, dismounted, and hurried inside. He found the Elves busy, arming themselves. Fully 10 score at least. An almost identical match to their own party. Bildarion he thought so Morcion was right about him too. He stood at the gate, as if he never left waiting.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel picked up her bow and sword. "I must go see if I can find Tauriel," she said as she tied her sword to her waist. "She will want to help us. Do you think she is still on patrol?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Bildarion proudly watched his daughter as she gathered her weapons. "Eleniel," he called to her, "I have seen Tauriel on the Northern wall. Look for her there."

He noticed Harn and Linriel talking. They both will be targeted by the rogues. I must be watchful. His weapons were ready and he started to leave when a voice called out to him.

"Bildarion, make sure Thranduil is well armed and has a guard with him at all times. There are traitors everywhere." Linriel called out to him as she ran with Harn to the South wall.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn followed Linriel as she led him through halls.
"Where are you taking me?" He asked curiously.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel talked to Harn as they ran. "We are going to the South wall. It should be safer there for you. Make sure your weapon is at the ready. I do not know what to expect. Stay close."

She put her hand on the hilt of her sword. None of this is making sense. Why are these rogues coming after Thranduil?

They reached the South wall. Elves of Mirkwood were at their posts and shouting and the clanging of metal could be heard.

Oh, when this is over, Bildarion and I will partake of food, wine and a bit of Old Toby. And we have much to talk about.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Why do I need to be safe," he asked puzzled. "Whose blood was on your hands?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked at Harn. "You need to be kept safe because of the information you have concerning the rogues. My friend, Tumion, was on the verge of telling me something about them when an arrow pierced his back. I do not know if he survived. I was able to get away but I was confronted by the one they call Morcion. When I pulled my dagger from his throat, some of his blood defiled my hands. That is all I can tell you."

The two continued making their way to the South wall.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Morcion," Harn asked, "Why he is second in command of the Rogues."
They reached the South Wall. Magnificent trees rose in graceful columns along the edge of the wall.
"The Rogues boast of inner connections with the King," he said haltingly, "They say that they have a close consular in their grasp."
He glanced over the wall only to see a Elf riding along the wall. Harn stepped back hurriedly, Andaer was still here.
"Is this wall truly safe?" he asked.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked at Harn as she strapped her quiver around her shoulder. "Second in command? Well, perhaps he is now second in command in the netherworld. I care not."

She watched as a rider approached dangerously close to Harn as he sped past. "This wall is only as safe as we can make it. I am no longer sure who deserves my trust." She looked at the boy. "I have trusted you since you arrived. Do not betray me."

Someone close to the King in their grasp? Why does his face flash before me?

Bildarion went in search of Thranduil. I must let no harm come to the King
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I have seen Tauriel on the Northern wall. Look for her there," Bildarion said to Eleniel.

"I will, Ada," She said as she went off, a bit of a spring in her step. She dashed up to the higher levals and skirted around the wall. Tauriel was standing on top of a turrent, bow drawn, searching for what may lie below.

"Tauriel!" Eleniel cried, rushing to her friend. "I trust that you have heard of what has transpired?"

"Yes," Tauriel said quickly. "I was one of the first to know. I know not of how they got into the halls under my watch, but-"

"It was no fault of yours, mellon. Many of those who have rebelled are inside, but we know not who they are allied with or whom else may come into into the paths of Mirkwood. All we can do is wait."

Tauriel took a deep breath, and then closed her eyes. "Is the King safe?" she asked.

"My father attends to him now. He will be protected."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn hesitated, he didn't want to suggest something that was bugging him. After all the Elf had protected him, but he knew Andaer. Only those knew Andaer. He was Eleniel's father and something was going on between him and Linriel. He remembered clearly the way his mother looked at his father. The same care and devotion shined in Linriel's eyes when she looked at him.
"Why would I betray you," Harn asked surprised.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel, knowing that Tauriel was well capable, wentquickly back to the Southern wall where she knew Linriel was heading with Harn. She saw them from a distance and approached.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"No why?" Harn persisted looking at Linriel.
Then it dawned on him, he was still kept as a traitor in the walls of Mirkwood.
"You think I betrayed you on the road?" he asked hurt evident in his voice.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen put her head in her hands, trying to block out the words echoing through her mind.
Just a child... A silly little child... Of no consequence and even less use...
How she wished that she was still a child. Children forget so easily. She could never forget. She could never let go, though she tried so hard. But every time she tried to have confidence, to do something of value, she remembered the times she had failed. The times she had held back. The times she had lost, and the feeling that everything was slipping out of her hands.

She could not release Harn. She could not heal any of the injured. She could not even convince a steward to grant her an audience with the king.

Beriadanwen had as little luck as her cousin. She had been told that Mirkwood had enemies, but given no more detail than that, except for the empty reassurance that they would defeat the attackers before the winter came.

She was no longer sure where their friends were. She was unsure if she wanted to see them. She knew that she could not face them asking her where she was and have to answer "failing to get answers". They would surely have done a lot more good than she had in that time. She wandered through the corridors, surprised at how few people she saw.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel went over to Linriel. "Tauriel has guards positioned alll along the wall,as well as inside," she reported. "And my father is going to guard Thranduil." The worry was evident in her voice. "I fear that anything to do with Harn must be put on hold, at least, temporarily. How do you fare, Linriel?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel answered Harn without looking at him. "Because sometimes trust is given to those who do not deserve to be trusted. Sometimes betrayal comes from those we trust the most. She turned to Harn. "I know you have suffered at the hands of Elves and are wary, but Harn, I can see something in your eyes. If you have information, you must tell me. No matter what you know, you must tell me."

Bildarion raced through the passage until he came to Thranduil's quarters which had guards outside the door. They stepped away and Bildarion entered. Thranduil, clothed in armour, was fastening a quiver across his back. His fine Elven bow was near the door.

"I fear the rogues are scattered throughout Mirkwood," started Bildarion. "The boy, Harn, has information that can help us. He has already identified some of them and says he knows more. Linriel is with him now and they are taking arms to the Southern wall." Thranduil said nothing.

Linriel was glad Eleniel had arrived. "I am fine and ready to fight these usurpers. There are many lies being told in this realm and Harn has more to tell us." She looked at her friend. "Eleniel, it was Tumion who took me into the woods. He was about to tell me something when an arrow pierced his back. The one called Morcion tried to detain me. I fear he is the one who shot Tumion. I do not know how Tumion is, I left him where he fell. I believe your father has gone to Thranduil."

Linriel turned her gaze to Harn. The boy had his sword in hand, ready to face whatever comes.

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn pondered her words, maybe he should tell her about Bildarion. Just then Eleniel ran up.
"Tauriel has guards positioned alll along the wall,as well as inside," she reported. "And my father is going to guard Thranduil." The worry was evident in her voice. "I fear that anything to do with Harn must be put on hold, at least, temporarily. How do you fare, Linriel?"
Harn froze, if he was right this would not go well. He sheathed his sword quickly and ran down the steps. Not heeding Linriel's cries he ran on. Fortunately he was blessed with good memory and he found his way back to the rooms.
"Where is the King?" he asked a surprised maid.
"Down the Hall and to the right," she said startled at the sudden appearance of the human.
He was running that way when a foot tripped him. He tumbled, not to gracefully, to the ground. Linriel and Eleniel stood over him.
"What is going on?"
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas stumbled down the hall, he needed his father, but he did not want to burden anybody, he stopped suddenly when he saw two people standing over Harn, who was laying on the ground.

"Is everything alright here?" Legolas asked, acting calm and unhurt, even though underneath that he was hurting very badly.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn struggled under Linriels boot. She was stronger than he thought.
"You don't understand the King is in trouble!"
<< First3435363738Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email