Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3536373839Last >>
Author Topic:
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas was surprised at this, "M-My father, in trouble, nobody told me...please take me to him now!" Legolas said struggling to walk over to the three people.
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled at Harn as he tried to escape from under her boot. "Where do you think you are going? Cannot you stand still for one moment and tell me what is going on? What do you mean the King is in trouble? He has plenty of guards including Bildarion who happens to be Eleniel's father."

Legolas heard Harn speak of the King. "You are talking about my father, boy. Tell us what you know."

Eleniel wondered if her father was with the King.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn sighed, he really didn't want to do this.
"Bildarion is that counselor," he said uncomfortably. "He knew one of the Rogues that came to our room. Andaer, was his name, a courier for the Rogues. Few outsiders know his name, but fewer Rogues know what he is doing or where he should be.
"Why would you want to save a King that imprisoned you?" he heard Eleniel ask
"Because I don't want to see another people murdered," he responded quietly, "The Rogues will attack the roots and work their way up. Until the whole tree is dead."
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The smile left Linriel's face. She turned to Eleniel, who seemed frozen in time. Neither maid spoke, each with her own thoughts.

Bildarion? How can this be? He has always been noble and fair, he has never.... But Linriel's thoughts turned to the last 50 years, the years she spent searching for Bildarion. He was gone without a trace, supposedly taken against his will. Has he been with the rogues all this time?

She thought of the many secrets he kept from her, mostly about his family. There will be an explanation for all of this. There has to be.

"Harn, I must take you at your word until I find out otherwise." Linriel put her hand on Harn's shoulder. "I can understand why you hesitated to tell us this information. But know this, we will find out what really is going on. Keep your sword nearby."

She turned to Eleniel who still did not say a word. "Do not fall into despair. We must speak to your father."

"Legolas! Your father should be at the wall. I do not think he is still in his quarters but perhaps you should go there first." Linriel said to the Prince. "In the meantime, we will defend ourselves against all who would cause us harm."

[Edited on 07/29/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Tumion has seemed strange to me since we first crossed each others path," Eleniel said to Linriel as they hurried after Harn.

"He knew one of the Rogues that came to our room. Andaer, was his name, a courier for the Rogues. Few outsiders know his name, but fewer Rogues know what he is doing or where he should be,"she heard Harn say.

She turned on him, and ina fit of fury, shoved him to the ground.

"How dare you speak of my father in that manner!?" she cried.

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"W-Why would he be at the wall? Nobody has told me anything about what is going on, please inform me, my friend." Legolas said as calmly as he could, but his voice was shaking a bit.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn had just been released from Linriel's boot when Eleniel pinned him to the ground.
"How dare you speak of my father in that manner!?" she cried.
"I do not mean that your father is evil," he responded, "he protected me. You were there. If he hadn't I would have probably had a knife sticking from my ribs. I just want to make sure Andaer doesn't hurt the King. He's lightning fast and can slip past the most attentive."
He grimaced as Eleniel pushed down harder grinding her hand into his shoulder.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Stop! Stop this now! We are fighting amongst ourselves. We are doing what the rogues hope for...we are causing discord between us." cried Linriel as she tried to reason with Eleniel and Harn.

"We are all here for the same reason...to stop the rogues. That is why Legolas came to fetch Eleniel and we all decided to join the fight." Linriel looked at Eleniel. "I am ashamed to tell you that your father is under suspicion. The Bildarion I knew was loyal and fierce. He would never betray his own kind. We will find answers when this is over. In the meantime, we will keep close watch on him." He cannot be a traitor. He cannot be!

Legolas approached them and Linriel called to him, "Your father is fighting the rogues. Is that not why you brought us here?"
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Of course, I forget, I'm not in the right mind at the moment.." Legola said a little ashamed he forgotten.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Linriel, you know as well as I that my father would never betray Thranduil," Eleniel said as Linriel pulled her up and off of Harn. "If anything, he could be masquerading as a traitor in order to protect Thranduil!"
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel's heart was filled with joy at Eleniels words. "You are correct Eleniel, your father is noble and honourable. He will tell us what has been going on. I know he will protect Thranduil with his life."

The Elf maid held her hand out to Harm to pull him up. "Come, we have work to do."

"Legolas, fetch your weapons and go to the North wall. Your keen eyes will be able to tell the rogues from the others in your father's company. Your aid is needed." Linriel called out to Legolas as she ran with the others to the South wall.

"We go to the South wall because that wall is the most vulnerable." Linriel explained as she ran with Harn and Eleniel to the parapet. She watched as Legolas ran in the opposite direction. "He needs to be at his father's side at this time." she said quietly.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas made it to the north wall and saw this father standing with other blonde elves,
"Father.." Legolas started and ran up beside him, wincing at the pain in his side.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Andaer raised his bow. The King paced the wall making an easy target. Just wait he told himself.
-------------------------------------------
Harn ran beside Linriel. Something nagged at him.
"Linriel," he began, "How do we know the Elves will attack the walls? They already have access into Mirkwood. Could they not sneak in then attack?"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Because if you want to capture an area, you go towards the vulnerable areas," Eleniel snapped. "The walls are vulnerable. So there they will be."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"But if we focus totally on the walls will Mirkwood itself be vulnerable?" Harn continued undaunted by Eleniel's response.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel gave thought to Harn's words. "It is possible rogues have infiltrated these walls, it is hard to know who we should trust." Eleniel cast a sharp look at Linriel. "We know Bildarion will protect the King." said Linriel. Please let his heart be true

"We still do not know what happened to Tumion. He seemed to be a traitor but had to tell me something. We must trust that he is all right and will find his way back here. Meantime, we have to defend this Realm as we were brought here to do. If a blade is raised or an arrow pointed, we must defend Mirkwood." Linriel finished.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Steady, Andaer thought, Now! The arrow whizzed through the air as the Elf disappeared into the woods. He looked back only to see Thranduil stumble backwards the arrow protruding from his upper shoulder. The guards looked over the walls but they only saw a fast disappearing gleam of gold.
---------------------------------------
Thranduil turned as his son came up beside him.
"Legolas you should not be here. Why are you not in bed..."
His words were cut off as the arrow dug into his shoulder. He fell back shocked from both the pain and surprise.
----------------------------------------
Maedor watched as two more of his men entered Mirkwood. They unsuspecting guards were glad for reinforcements, not knowing the truth.
----------------------------------
Harn paced the wall swinging his sword absentmindedly. Waiting was his weakness, never knowing when something dark and looming was going to strike.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Ada!" Legolas yelled and ran to his side, "You need help, you are not safe here, please." Legolas said with tears in his eyes, he has never seen his father like this, it scared him.

[Edited on 08/01/2014 by johnson4466]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel saw Tauriel running up to thge three of them as they stood upon the wall. Her face was flushed, words heavy. "Come quickly," She gasped. "Thranduil has been hit!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked for Bildarion at the wall but did not see him. Thranduil had been hit but the healers would care for the King.

"Have you seen Bildarion?" she asked Tauriel. She did not wait for an answer but ran quickly along the wall. Linriel glanced over the side just in time to see a silver glint between the trees. Bildarion! Where are you going?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel saw Linriel's glance towards the trees, and instantly realized what she saw. She grabbed her friends hand. "Quickly. We must go to him!"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Andaer ran drawing Bildarion into the trap laid for him. He ran into the clearing where Maethor sat on his horse. Bildarion followed, stopping when he sighted the rogue leader. Just then a score of Elves stepped into the clearing all of their arrows trained on the Elf. Other rogues tied the Elf's hands together striking his wrists so that he did not try to tighten them. Maethor spurred his horse towards the Elf.
"Bildarion we need to talk."
---------------------------------------
Thranduil shoved the healers off of him and took his son under his good arm.
"I am staying here son my people need me."
"King Thranduil," a healer cried, "our herbs and bandages are ruined all of our supplies are scattered all over Mirkwood!"
Thranduil sat shaking his head, what was happening?
--------------------------------
Harn first unsure what to do at first, ran after Linriel and Eleniel, who were fast disappearing into the woods.

[Edited on 08/03/2014 by Cenor]
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"You are in no shape to command an army, please for my sake, go with the healers." Legolas said his voice shaking with emotion, his father was so stubborn when it came to whether he needed help or his people more.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Thranduil shook his head.
"There is a time son that I need to stand up for my people and not worry about myself."
"King Thraduil," a guard yelled, "There is fire raging in the throne room!"
Why is this happening[/i, Thranduil wondered, [i]What reckless hate is trying to destroy my people?
------------------------------------
"Tell me Bildarion!" Maethor thundered.

[Edited on 08/04/2014 by Cenor]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 08/04/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The sound of horns rose above the battle cries! Elves from Rivendell arrived in time to help stop the rebellion and take the rogue Elves into custody. Eleniel, Bildarion and Linriel were released and Tumion and Thranduil were taken to the healers where they recovered quickly as did Legolas. Meri, Beri, and Harn were not injured nor were Ella and Fili.

All was well and it was time for the small company to depart. They were ready to leave but Linriel was not there. Eleniel went to find her and discovered her father and Linriel having a heated conversation.

Bildarion wanted his daughter and Linriel to stay in Mirkwood along with Tumion but Linriel would not be convinced. "No, I will not stay here nor do I think will Eleniel. We will go back to Lorien. Did you forget that Lorien is your home?," cried Linriel. Bildarion looked at her with sad eyes. "I cannot leave Mirkwood at this time, Linriel. Please try to understand." answered Bildarion. "Understand? I am tired of trying to understand what you have been doing all this time. I am leaving with the others as soon as I can gather my things. What you decide to do is of no consequence to me." Linriel turned away from Bildarion quickly, so he did not see the tears falling from her eyes.

The small band of weary travelers mounted their horses and prepared to start the journey to Lorien.

[Edited on 08/10/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel watched with regret as Linriel turned from her father. She reached for her friends hand, and said, "Come."

They rode swiftly, leaving Legolas in Mirkwood for the time to heal- he would rejoin them when he and his father were well. The journey took two weeks, and during the time, Eleniel feared that the Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn would not welcome them back. And Tumion...she knew not what to think of him.

Eleniel's assumptions were wrong- Galadriel welcomed them back, though Eleniel was convinced that it was most of Linriel's influence. They were each given a flet to live on, and Eleniel selected one nearest to the river, into the highest tree tops. The guards watched Harn closely, untrusting. Eleniel had grown to trust him herself, nearly halfheartedly. She knew that their time in Lorien, however short, would be restful.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel felt comfort as soon as the beautiful Mallorn tress came into view. Home! I am home! After talking briefly to Galadriel, she ran quickly to her flet. She looked up at the tree, pulled herself up to the lowest branch, and began the long climb up to the top.

Everything in her flet was as if she had never been gone. She sat at the edge and looked out at the trees below. Thousands of lights twinkled in the darkness. The moon was high in the sky and cast a soft glow all around.

Linriel thought of everything that had happened. In the morning she must speak to Galadriel about Bildarion and Tumion. Surely Galadriel was aware of what was going on in Mirkwood. She had to know Bildarion was there. And there he stayed. He made his choice long ago. But what of Eleniel? Did the Lady know of Bildarion's daughter? And if she did, why did she not tell me?

Linriel stood up and went to her pallet. I am tired of thinking, I just want to rest. She was just about to close her eyes when she saw something under the small table against the wall. It was something she had not thought of in a long time. The package! The package my mother left with Galadriel to give me at the proper moment.

Now Linriel began to think of her mother's death. She reached under the table and pulled out the small, beautifully wrapped packet. She held it close and rested her head on her pillow. I will not open it now. Linriel closed her eyes and banished all thoughts from her mind.

[Edited on 08/11/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
It had been a long ride from Mirkwood. Harn felt dizzy just thinking of all the events that had transpired since he had met the group of Elves. Now he was in Lothlorien, the fabled magical land. He was nervous. Tales of an Enchantress of the woods made him wonder. Harn paced under the trees looking up at the trees. The platforms in the trees didn't seem like a proper sleeping place. I wonder if sleeping on the ground would offend them he pondered.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The cousins had run back from Mirkwood in silence, each occupied with their own thoughts. Merilwen felt sorrowful, for she realised how changed Harn was, how different from the boy that had traveled with them for so long. She did not know what to say to him any more.

Beriadanwen felt lost. She had followed her friends to Mirkwood only to have no place in the events that had unfolded. Fighting was not in her blood or in her heart. She only wished to see the beauty that Middle Earth had to offer. She hoped that now they could travel peacefully. She knew that it was unfair to wish that they had not gone to help Mirkwood, but she was still uncertain as to her place in the group, and hoped to get to know them better on their travels. She was beginning to fear she did not belong with them, and if it were not for Linriel, whom she had met so much earlier, she might have left the group.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When the sun rose in the sky, Eleniel was one of the first in the forest to greet it. Birds sang their song of greeting to her as she sat up and stretched.

Eleniel dressed, the light colored leaves grazing her hair or her face as she prepared for the day. She wound a single braid into the back of her head and then decended her flet.

After walking around the cool, dewy grass for a time, Eleniel decided to ascend Linriel's flet. She knew her friend was hurt at the mention of her father's very name, but Eleniel, too, ached at the thought of Tumion, though she knew not why. Perhaps Linriel can speak to me about it, she thought, as she began her climb.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn blinked awake, he had fallen asleep under one of the trees. He rose hurriedly brushing himself off. Then he looked around. It was beautiful, the sun rose gracefully over the horizon and the pale grass swayed gently in the light breeze. Like pillars of marble the trees towered into the air whispering to one another. He walked gaping for several meters gazing at the untouched beauty. Harn stopped in some sort of clearing watching water slip by in a stream when felt like someone was behind him.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel awoke with a smile as she felt the sun kiss her face. How pleasant it was to awaken to the sound of birds singing and the gentle rustling of leaves instead of blades clashing and voices shouting. She stood and went to the small mirror above the table. Her hair was quite untidy so she combed it and fashioned her tresses in a long braid down her back. She tied it with a ribbon the same colour as her eyes.

Linriel pulled back the curtain of her dressing chamber and looked at the lovely clothes Galadriel made certain were always kept ready for her. She selected dark grey leggings and a purple tunic. Her fingers touched the soft material of a lovely pale blue dress. I will wear this tonight

The sound of a soft voice calling her name caused Linriel to turn. "Eleniel!" She went to her friend and the two maids hugged as if they had not seen each other in a long time. "Eleniel, I am glad you are here. I trust you had a pleasant night. I was going to look for you. Come. Sit."

Linriel brought a tray filled with fruit and cheese and a bit of honey and the two maids sat at the edge of the flet. "It is early, Eleniel. You must have need to speak to me. What is it?"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn turned and found himself looking at a tall She-Elf clothed in white. Untouched by years yet deep knowledge shined in her eyes.
"Welcome to my woods, Harn, friend of Linriel," the lady addressed him.
In his head he heard her words, You have had a long, hard life little one. Walk now in peace in these woods.
Harn bowed clumsily, "Indeed lady it is beautiful here."
The lady looked at him softly," You have wandered far from Linriel's flet. Come I will show you the way."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel picked a piece of fruit off of the tray that Linriel offered her. "Thank you," she said. "And I have had a pleasent night. Somewaht. It is good to be back."

She fixed her feet over the ledge. "And, yes, I do need to talk to you. It is of Tumion. Why would he betray us, if he even did? I understand not his motives. And my father...for nearly 1035 years I have known him, and I still seem to know nothing of him. I did not even realize that he knew you."
<< First3536373839Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email