Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3637383940Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel sliced an apple and dipped it in the honey before she answered. "Tumion has been my dear friend for many a year. As children,we used to run in these woods together. I cannot believe he would turn on me, on any Elf. He was about to tell me something when an arrow pierced him. I think he and your father have been working together to protect Thranduil and stop the rogues. It would explain the many years your father disappeared from Lorien."

The mention of Bildarion caused Linriel to pause. She looked at the maid sitting next to her. "I have known your father since I came to live in Lorien some 500 years ago. We were to be wed, Eleniel, but for all the years we knew each other, he did not tell me anything about you or his past life."

Linriel ate some cheese and continued. "We were with a hunting party and one morning, your father was simply gone. It appeared he was taken, by force, during the night. His things were missing as were his supplies. The one item left behind was his sword. At the time I thought it strange that those who took him would not take the sword. Now, I believe, he left the sword behind on purpose as a clue to me that he was all right but I did not see it at the time. I spent 50 years searching and searching for him but to no avail."

Before finishing, Linriel poured water for Eleniel and herself. "I returned here to Lorien, with Ella and Fili and a group of others. We were singing around a fire one evening and were joined by another Elf. Thurinlass was his name. He had quite a story to tell. He was Firstborn."

Her voice has softened as she speaks of this Thurinlass and a slight smile crosses her face. There is more to this I wager, thought Eleniel.

"There was a sound in the woods so we ran into the trees and there was your father, wounded and bleeding. Thurinlass carried him to the healers. Bildarion would not speak to me. The only one he would talk to was Galadriel. After several weeks, Bildarion recovered and it was then that Galadriel told me your father had to leave. I was angry and hurt and decided I would not marry him. Shortly after, Bildarion made ready to depart and he gave me the sword as my own."

"Our paths crossed several times since then and of course, most recently, in Mirkwood. Seeing him again came as much of a surprise to me as it was to you. I am sure we will get the answers we are looking for whenever Bildarion returns here."

"But I think it is not your father you wish to talk about. I think it is Tumion on your mind." Linriel smiled. "He will return here and then you should speak to him of your concerns. He is the only one who can answer the questions you have." Linriel paused for a moment before she added, "Unless there is something else. Do you have feelings for Tumion?"

[Edited on 08/13/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"This is Linriel's flet. I will see her tonight."
Harn watched as the Lady disappeared into the trees. He glanced up at the, flet, he still wasn't sure about climbing up so high. Slowly he sat down and closed his eyes listening to the sound of water and the rustling of trees.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen awoke long after the dawn, but the day still seemed still and quiet, as it is when the birds are awaking and the creatures of the night are settling down to sleep out the day. She smiled as the peace of the forest soothed her restless mind. She had rested at the foot of a mallorn tree, rather than in the flet that had been assigned to her, and now she climbed to the highest branches and retrieved her mice from a natural hollow in the bark. There were songbirds in these woods, and eagles and falcons and other winged predators in the nearby mountains, and presumably some forest owls too, yet somehow she knew that her mice would not be harmed here.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I think I may," answered Eleniel, "But I am not sure of how to act upon them, or what to do now that he has betrayed our kind." She took a sip of water. "My father has scarcely spoken to my brother and I of his travels, and I knew he had come to Lorien, once, but what transpired there I did not know."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel laid her hand on Eleniel's arm. "Do not judge Tumion too harshly, my friend. He has much to account for but I do believe him to still be trustworthy. It is the same with your father. I cannot explain his actions nor understand at this time why he chose the path he is on. I can only tell you that we were to be married and settle in Lorien. Now, those plans are no more." Linriel stood up and paced back and forth before she sat back down.

"I had a great love for Bildarion," Linriel said with sadness in her voice. "Now I find he had a wife and children. He kept this hidden from me. Did he think I would never find out? And what of you? Did he think we would never meet? Your father has always been an honourable Elf. He has always thought of the greater good in all his deeds. He can continue doing them now with no hindrance a wife would bring." Linriel finished.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"My father has struggled greatly since the passing of my brother and mother," Eleniel said. "My brother died nearly four hundred and seventy five years ago, and my mother immediately afterwards. And he gave no plight when I left Mirkwood for my own travels. I would not be surprised if he desired to return to you."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel sighed. "You father and I shared a great love. But perhaps it was greater on my part than it was on his. I kept no secrets from him. Now here you are before me. The daughter of the one I was to marry."

The wind moved softly through the trees causing the leaves to rustle. Clouds began to cover the sky.

Linriel looked at Eleniel. "When Bildarion returned injured to Lorien, he would not speak to me. There were important things he needed to discuss with Galadriel that he could not tell me. He told me he had to leave again but wanted to spend his last days at Lorien with me. We were together for 3 days. At the end of those days, he left. I watched him ride away. The last I saw of him was the glint of his Mithril earring."

The scent of fresh flowers in Linriel's flet filled the room. Jasmine. I have always loved the fragrance of jasmine.

"Eleniel, since then, your father has been in and out of my life. It seems he was always somewhere nearby, watching, to make sure I was all right. I was injured in battle and he was there. He carried me to safety but when I awoke, he left me in the care of another." Thurinlass

"His leaving again was more than I could bear. I endured much hardship the years I spent looking for him only to find him and lose him once more. That was not what I wanted for my life's journey so I told him there would be no more between us. Since then, I have been in the company of Ella and Fili and several others who are no longer with this party. Now, here I am with you, his daughter, and together will explore this Middle-earth. There are many wonders to be seen."

Linriel stood up and stretched. "For now, let us enjoy the time here. Do you need anything? Do you need clothing? I could use some new traveling clothes and maybe a pretty dress or two."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn fished in his satchel for some dried fruit. The trees here seemed majestic while the trees in Mirkwood seemed to be always hiding something.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"The time when he cam eot Lorien, to soeak to Galadriel," Eleniel said slowly, "It could have been about the deaths of my family. My brother and aunt were ambassadors to these parts, and often traveled forth and back." She sighed. How she missed them. "My whole family, except for my father and I, was killed in an extention of wars and hatred. After that, my father became distant, even to me." She looked at Linriel with a heavy heart. "You are not the only one my father has abandoned."

She stood up. Linriel said, For now, let us enjoy the time here. Do you need anything? Do you need clothing? I could use some new traveling clothes and maybe a pretty dress or two."

Eleniel smiled. "I share in that sentiment."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked at Eleniel. "Both of us have suffered loss of family. As you know, my mother died not so long ago but my father and brother still live. I do not think I will ever see them again because I do not plan on taking a ship to the West."

I have been abandoned by more than just Bildarion

The two maids stood at the edge of the flet and let the soft breeze caress their skin.

Linriel finally said, "Come, look at the clothes in my chamber. You can have anything you like but I am certain that your flet has a dressing chamber filled with garments as well. I would love a new cloak and several tunics. The dresses are crafted of fabric as soft as a butterfly's wing."

Eleniel selected several garments and decided to go to her own flet. "I will join you there as soon as I can. There is something I need to do." said Linriel.

Bildarion's daughter began the long climb down the tree.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn jumped up as Eleniel swung down from the tree.
"Did I make a mistake? Is this not Linriel's flet?" he asked.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Did I make a mistake? Is this not Linriel's flet?" Harn asked.

"It is," Eleniel said, "But I believe that she wishes tyo be alone at the moment. She will join me soon, so if you'd like to speak with her, you'd best come with me." She hefted two of the dresses that Linriel offered to her over her shoulder. One was soft grey, and as translucent as fog, the other a sweet ochre. It reminded her of Mirkwood. "I am just returning to my flet. Do not fear, I do nothing there except look at the clothes that remain here from the last journey. Galadriel has truly blessed us to tend to our care in this way."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn followed Eleniel through the woods. The great trees provided constant shade but there seemed to be a light illuminating the forest. They arrived at Eleniel's flet. He had forgotten the climbing part though. He stared uneasily at the flimsy looking rope ladder.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel watched as Eleniel deftly climbed down the mighty tree. Perhaps Eleniel would like to go climbing while we are here. I will take her higher up my tree, beyond the topmost branches. I will show her what very few have seen.

The maiden went to her small table and opened the drawer. There lie the package. The package she has yet to open. Linriel picked it up and held it away from her. What did my Mother leave for me so long ago? What could be so important that Galadriel chose to give it to me when she told me of my Mother's death?

Linriel took a deep breath before she put the package back in the drawer. She quickly changed her clothes before she jumped to the nearest branch and started to make for the ground far below.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Come on," eleniel said impatiently from the top of her flet. IF HArn had qualms about heights, why did he come with them to Lorien?

As she waited for the boy, she looked inside of her dresser. Galadriel had, indeed, had an attendent fill it with some clothing, mostly traveling fare. But Eleniel agreed with Linriel- a few dresses would be needed in case of ocassions where formal attire was needed.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn still stood staring at the thin rope.
"I've never climbed before," he admitted.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Well, if we are here, you must learn," Eleniel called down to him. If it weren't for her pristine hearing, she would not have heard him at all. Her patieince was not thick by any stretch, but Harn's incapabilities were beginning to push her to her breaking point.

She picked up a jar of lotion in a wooden canister and raised it to her nose. The scent of pine washed over her, and tears filled her eyes. It smelled of the forest that she so dearly loved.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel dropped softly to the ground from the bottom branch of her tree. She looked up and could not see the top. The tallest tree in all of Lorien. I remember when it was not so tall

She walked quickly down the path to Eleniel's flet. When she arrived at the tree, there was Harn, looking up at a thin rope. Linriel could not help but smile. Men! If only they learned as quickly and as quietly as Elves.

"Harn, are you in need of assistance? Are you trying to go to Eleniel's flet?" Linriel asked. barely managing to hide her amusement.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Well, if we are here, you must learn," Eleniel called down to him.
Harn gritted his teeth, Eleniel was in no mood to help him or even guide him. He stared at the rope as if it was a wild horse just ready to buck him if he set a foot in the stirrup. Cautiously he placed a foot in the rope ladder. It jerked nearly making him fall. Try holding the rope still next time he chided himself.
"Harn, are you in need of assistance? Are you trying to go to Eleniel's flet?" Linriel asked.
He jumped having not heard Linriel come up behind him.
"Oh not much," he said in a forced voice.
He set himself to the climbing of the rope. Every step he took the ladder swayed. Several times he caught hold of branches or clung desperately to the rope for a few seconds. It was a dreadful racket he knew, probably alerted every elf in the Wood. But at last he made it to the flet. He moved quickly towards the middle of the platform. It made him even more nervous than the rope ladder.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel didn't even flinch when she heard the harsh sound of landing on her flet. So Harn had founf a way to get up after all. Or perhaps it was Linriel, who hurried up the flet shortly aftyer Harn arrived.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel stayed close behind Harn as he struggled with the rope ladder. It is so much easier just to go from branch to branch

She almost reached out more than once to Harn but thought it would be better if he did it himself. Up, up, up, he climbed and finally reached the platform.

Linriel followed behind Harn into Eleniel's flet. "You did fine, Harn. Was this your first attempt at climbing so high? I can take you to a smaller tree and show you how to grab hold of branches to pull yourself up if you like."

The maid looked around the flet and said to Eleniel. "It smells of pine here but this is not that kind of tree. Where is that fragrance coming from?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel stayed close behind Harn as he struggled with the rope ladder. It is so much easier just to go from branch to branch

She almost reached out more than once to Harn but thought it would be better if he did it himself. Up, up, up, he climbed and finally reached the platform.

Linriel followed behind Harn into Eleniel's flet. "You did fine, Harn. Was this your first attempt at climbing so high? I can take you to a smaller tree and show you how to grab hold of branches to pull yourself up if you like."

The maid looked around the flet and said to Eleniel. "It smells of pine here but this is not that kind of tree. Where is that fragrance coming from?"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Okay," Harn answered unsure about even climbing from branch to branch.
He looked around him, the trees looked different somehow. Then he remembered the message
"The Lady of the Woods wishes to speak with you Linriel when you are available."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, I planned on seeing her this evening." answered Linriel. "I will have reason to change into something more to my liking."

Linriel noticed Harn looking at the trees. "Is this your first visit to Lorien? Did you know that I have been in these woods all my life? Galadriel and my mother were best of friends. When my family went to the West, I stayed here. Galadriel is like a mother to me."

The sun was climbing higher into the sky. Singing could be heard from deep in the forest. Linriel remembered singing not so long ago. A fateful night

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"It is from a lotion," Eleniel said, "I opened the bottle. It reminds me of my Mirkwood home." I should like to stop there again, if only briefly. I should like to see Tauriel and Ada and...

Harn told Linriel that Galadriel would like to speak with her. "I am sure that we will all be summoned to see the Lord and the Lady at some point," Eleniel said. "She prefers to greet visitors with an open hand, and to save inquiries for sooner rather than later."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"You will return to Mirkwood one day, Eleniel. I know Mirkwood is your home. Lorien will always be my home and I know that one day, I will stay here and never leave. We both left those we care about in Mirkwood but I believe they will return here. Probably after we leave." Linriel said.

Harn kept looking over the edge of the flet. "Harn, if you fall, just grab hold of a branch." Linriel called to him.

"You have chosen lovely dresses, Eleniel. They will fold nicely in your pack. I am going to get new tunics and leggings and of course, a dress or two. If we get to the great Dwarven halls of Moria, I will want to at least be presentable." said Linriel. "I am going to wear a dress this evening but for now, would you like to go climbing with me?"

Both maidens looked at Harn. He did not look very enthusiastic about this venture.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Harn, if you fall, just grab hold of a branch." Linriel called to him.
He felt a weird sensation as he looked over the edge. The thought of climbing made it worse.
"Perhaps it would be better for me to stay on the ground."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel walked over to Harn. "Sometimes it is better to face your fear but that does not come easy. If you had more confidence, you would not have so much dread. When we get down from here, you should, at least, try to climb a small tree."

Harn just looked over the edge and did not reply. "Do not worry, I will help you get back down. Meanwhile, try to enjoy the view from up here." said Linriel.

The maid's thoughts turned elsewhere. I wonder what has become of Merilwen and Beriadanwen. They should be nearby. She thought of Adonnenniel and Iellwen and hoped they were both safe. Adonnenniel was somwehere here in Lorien but Iellwen was with orcs. I wonder if I will ever see them again. They were not the only ones Linriel wondered about.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"When it comes time to select new clothing, I will gladly come with you," Eleneil said to Linriel.

Eleniel grabbed a branch and swung herself upward. "These branches are sturdy," She said to Harn for good measure. "They will support your weight."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I am not worried about my weight," Harn muttered to himself.
He carefully slid out onto the branch. It was easier than the rope, more to cling to. After a noisy journey down he landed safely on the ground with nothing more than a soon to be bruise on his knee.
"I was always told that this place was dangerous and if one entered they would never return," he said gazing at the trees, "Now I know that it is, but in a entirely different way."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled as she watched Harn make his way down the tree. "That was good, Harn," she called to him. "Now try to climb back up."

She walked over to Eleniel. "It would be wonderful if you would help me select some suitable garments. I need tunics and leggings and you know I want a dress or two. Maybe boots as well."

How nice it is to talk to someone about clothing. I have not spoken to anyone in quite a while about new garments. Nor have I had a friend in my life for some time. But it seems strange to speak to the daughter of the one I was to wed.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I would be glad to," Eleniel replied in response to Linriel's clothing inquiry. "Perhaps I shall select some for myself. We should go after dinner this evening."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Climb back up?" Harn asked, half question half disbelief.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel sighed. "Yes," She said, "And it is much easier to come up that it is to go down. Come on, then."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled as she watched Harn take hold of a branch and pull himself up. He fought bravely in Mirkwood. There is more to this young man than meets the eye. I would like to get to know him better.
<< First3637383940Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email