Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4546474849Last >>
Author Topic:
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë hung back slightly, her mind wandering now she was in the comfortable company of one she knew, Írimë. She was loathe to admit, but she already missed her grandfather. Her daily routine had become so similar in Imladris, it had almost become ritualistic, and it seemed strange to be elsewhere. But it was also exhilirating. This must be why her father travelled, surely.

Although she could feel a slight tension between herself and Eleniel, she was certain it may just be due to initial mistrust, but she couldn't help but wonder why the raven-haired elf seemed so... familiar to her. She was certain she had never seen Eleniel before. Itarildë only knew a handful of Middle-Earth's elves, almost all of whom resided in Imladris or Lothlorien.

She looked up to see Írimë looking at her questioningly, and feigned a smile.

I must try and fit in with this group. If not for my sake but grandfather's...

She thought to herself, before she attempted to start a pleasant conversation with Harn, who didn't seem too wary of her.

[Edited on 02/06/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel hoped this journey would be pleasant. With so many new travelers, she knew some of them might not get along. Eleniel was wary of strangers and Linriel was glad. Sometimes Linriel wished she was not so trusting. Sometimes trusting so freely only leads to hurt and doubt

She looked ahead to Thurinlass, sitting tall and proud in the saddle, and she could not help but smile. She thought back to the first time they met, around a fire in Lorien, singing with Ella and Fili.

Her thoughts darkened then. Bildarion! He returned after a long 50 years of her searching the wild for him. Suddenly there he was, in Lorien, badly wounded and refusing to talk to her. She will never forget the hurt and rejection she felt when she went to him and he would not speak to her...talking only to Galadriel. Then, as quickly as he reappeared, he left without telling her a thing. She did not regret the choice she made when she ended their betrothal even though he asked her to wait for his return. He asked her to trust him but she could not. Their paths crossed several times since then and still he pursued her but to no avail. She could never trust him especially since meeting Eleniel. How could he not tell her he had been married and had a daughter? She became friends with Eleniel and the two maids were both shocked to find out they each had a connection to Bildarion...one almost his wife, the other surely his daughter.

Meldir gave a snort, bringing Linriel out of her reverie. She patted his neck remembering how she captured the stallion from a herd of horses so long ago. I think I was the one who was captured

Looking around, Linriel could not help but notice the beauty of the day. Sunny and bright, leaves shining like gold, birds everywhere and the sweet scent of jasmine in the air. She wondered how it would be in Cuivienen. Linriel longed to see where the Firstborn awakened. Again she looked at Thurinlass. We have not really spoken since his return She thought to ride next to him but instead turned to find Ilyea, the maid she knew and had a brief adventure with some years ago. She moved to the edge of the road and waited for Ilyea to reach her side.

"Ilyea! Let us ride together for a while. We still did not have much of a chance to talk. Tell me how you have been. How is your brother?" Linriel reached into her pouch and removed two apples, one she tossed to Ilyea.

[Edited on 02/08/2015 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea was deep in thought when Linriel rode up next to her. Linriel was one of Ilyea's only friends, one of the only people she had ever trusted. She loved Linriel's personality, it was easy to be around her. "Ilyea! Let us ride together for a while. We still did not have much of a chance to talk. Tell me how you have been. How is your brother? Linriel asked her. She reached into her pouch and pulled out two apples, one of which she threw to her. Ilyea caught the apple and held it in her hand. " My brother is well, thank you. He is leaving Lorien tomorrow I believe. If not tomorrow then very soon after,"
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen jogged beside her cousin, the easy pace straining her very little, although she did have to work to keep up with Meri's long strides. Meri's eyes were on the ground ahead, and her expression was brooding. Beri was tiring of the long, drawn-out silence, and her head was filling with a joyous song, so she tapped her cousin on the shoulder and ducked away through the trees. She knew they should conserve their strength for the long journey ahead, but she didn't think she could take the subdued atmosphere much longer. This was a game the two of them had often played, taking turns to chase one another until they were caught, and although at first Meri just rolled her eyes and kept on forwards, soon they were weaving through the bushes and giggling, trying to stay out of the horses' paths. She knew the others, especially the newer members, might not take kindly to them dashing about while they were riding, and hoped they would not be scolded.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel stayed close to the group, but no one spoke to her and she did not start any conversation. As the day wore on she grew more and more tired, her body felt weighted and it was all the could do to sit up straight. She was only vaguely aware of conversation around her. She wanted nothing more than to lie down and rest.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass rode forward in silence for a good bit of time. He was thinking. He enjoyed thinking and with the constant rushing about he did he rarely had time to simply sat down and think. His mind strayed back to the years of the trees, then wandered forward to the war of jewels, then it came to rest for some time in the wandering he did for most of the second age. Next it strolled forward to the ruin of Numenor, Sauron's return, and presently it rejoined his body. Thurinlass looked down and saw Meri and Beri chasing each other about the company's feet. He smiled and in truth, he wished to leap from his saddle and join in their merriment, "Let the young, be young, with the young." He thought to himself. Onward the company rode.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë spoke quietly with Itarildë for a time, then they both lapsed into companionable silence, enjoying the beauty of the world around them.

The group continued on for a good while, and Írimë grew tired of trying to work out the tangle of thoughts in her mind. The two cousins were laughing as they chased one another. Walking for a time seemed like a good plan, so Írimë slipped from the saddle. When the young ones came within earshot she said, "I do not believe we have been introduced. I am Írimë." She smiled warmly at the pair as she walked along beside her horse.

[Edited on 02/12/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
In the midst of the cousins' game, one of the other elves dismounted, and, after a moment, called out to the two of them. Beri was short of breath and beginning to tire, so she walked alongside the elf for a few strides before replying.

"Greetings, Írimë!" she said, returning the bright smile of the other elf. "I am Beriadanwen, and this is my cousin Merilwen, although usually we are simply called Beri and Meri." She could not think of what to say next, and she did not want to annoy Írimë with questions. "I must take a minute to catch my breath, but if you will bear with me, and are not too tired yourself, you are welcome to join our game, as is anyone else," she lifted her head to speak to the others, who were still mounted. "It will be much more enjoyable with more people- with more friends."
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel stroked Castiel's mane, beginning to settle into their ride. She smiled as Meri and Beri dashed about around the. She wished she could be as carefree as the two cousins.

Eleniel closed her eyes, trusting Castiel to guide her through danger. She wanted to reach their destination as soon as possible. New places to explore would arise,and she hoped to learn more about herself there.

Her thoughts went back to Mirkwood. It would always be her home, no matter how far from it she went.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel and Ilyea spoke for some time before Linriel noticed Meri and Beri darting among the trees, playing and chasing each other gleefully. Those two bring so much joy wherever they go.

It wasn't long before Irime spoke to the pair and introduced herself. They said a few words when suddenly Beri announced to the company that all may join in their game. That was all Linriel needed to hear and she quickly slid from her saddle. Meldir gave a whinny and moved on to feed on some nearby shrubs.

"All of us could use some play," laughed Linriel. She tied her long hair back with a silken cord and joined the two cousins and Irime.

Linriel spoke to Irime. "It is with pleasure that I welcome you to our modest company. I trust you will enjoy the time you are with us on this great journey. Cuivienen has long been on my mind. It is with much anticipation that I make this pilgrimage and I hope that all of us find comfort and peace upon arrival." Linriel looked to Thurinlass, still on his horse, and wanted to call out to him but hesitated.

"Who else will join us?" Linriel called out. "Come, we can all use a bit of merriment."

Meri and Beri looked ready to run off. "What game is this?" Linriel asked them.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea smiled as Linriel went to join the young ones, who were about her same age. She had not spoken to them yet, but she could already tell she would like them. Ilyea slipped off her horse and stroked his neck. "I will return soon," she said. Ilyea walked over to the women slowly braiding her long raven hair and tying it with a leather cord. She smiled as she joined them. " It has been a while since I have had some decent fun! I have spent many years running and hiding from," she hesitated, choosing the right word. " Danger. This will do me much good I am sure. Thank you,"
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë had not yet replied when Linriel slid off her horse and ran to join them with a sparkle in her eyes and joyful words of greeting. Another elf, whose name she had regrettably already forgotten, also came over.

"What game is this?"
Linriel asked.

"It's..." Meri trailed off, struggling to find the words. "It's like... a hunt. One person is the hunter, the rest of us are... the deer. The deer run from the hunter, and the hunter aims to catch one. When a deer is caught, she becomes the hunter, and the hunter becomes a deer, and it starts again. But the hunter has to give the deer a few seconds to get away." She bit her lip, unsure if she was explaining it badly, but the others smiled understandingly, and she smiled back, reassured. "I can be the first hunter, if you like. Do we have any more deer?" This last was addressed to the still mounted members of the party.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë came up beside Harn and Eleniel dropped back into the group. For a moment he didn't know what to say.
"So you come from Rivendell," he heard the words coming out of his mouth.
Meri and Beri were racing off the road and Linriel joined them. Harn glanced at Itarildë,
"Would you like to join?"
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë came up beside Harn and Eleniel dropped back into the group. For a moment he didn't know what to say.
"So you come from Rivendell," he heard the words coming out of his mouth.
Meri and Beri were racing off the road and Linriel joined them.
Do we have any more deer?"
Harn glanced at Itarildë, "Would you like to join?"
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
"Greetings, Írimë! I am Beriadanwen, and this is my cousin Merilwen, although usually we are simply called Beri and Meri." I must take a minute to catch my breath, but if you will bear with me, and are not too tired yourself, you are welcome to join our game, as is anyone else," Then Beri addressed the rest of the group, "It will be much more enjoyable with more people- with more friends."

Írimë smiled, "I would love to join you!"

The Moonlight Maiden slid down from her horse. "All of us could use some play," She laughed, tying her hair back with a cord.

"Greetings Linriel!" Írimë called as the maiden joined the small group on foot. Linriel spoke to Írimë,
"It is with pleasure that I welcome you to our modest company. I trust you will enjoy the time you are with us on this great journey. Cuivienen has long been on my mind. It is with much anticipation that I make this pilgrimage and I hope that all of us find comfort and peace upon arrival."

The voice was gentle and kind. Írimë had the strange feeling she had heard it before, but shook aside the thought. "Thank you for the kind words. I feel this journey will bring many new and wonderful experiences. And friendships too."

She fell silent as Meri explained the game. "It seems simple enough," she said when the younger Elf had finished. "Itarildë! Harn! Come join us!" Then her bright gaze turned back to Meri. "I hope you have caught your breath sufficiently, because this deer is ready to run!"
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel watched as the others played their game, running about. They were having a wonderful time. Adonnenniel remembered playing such games with her siblings as a child, but now, joining them was not an option. She sat quietly and just watched. She didn't think Thurinlass would join them, but maybe he would find them a good place to camp for the night.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel stayed astride Castiel,not desiring to join in the game. She enjoyed watching the others around her, as they provided slight entertainment for their travels.

She urged Castiel ahead and rode stride in stride with Thurinlass. "Do you think that we will find a safe place to camp soon?" She asked. "I don't mind taking first watch. In fact, I think I would prefer that. It would allow me to collect my thoughts for awhile."

She wondered how long their trip would take, from start to finish. She wanted to ask Thurinlass, but found herself holding her tongue.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë had been watching the elves playing a game quietly for a while. She was unsure about whether to join in the game. Írimë had beckoned to both herself and Harn to join in, but Itarildë didn't know if it was something she would enjoy. Not only that, but she was beginning to become tired.

"My apologies, Írimë. I'm slightly too tired for games. But if it suits all, I will rest a while by this tree and watch you play. If you all agree, I think this clearing is suitable to take up camp?"

She smiled lightly as the others laughed together. She was surprised at herself. She was missing her grandfather much more than expected, and she soon began to wish that she had joined in the game.

Delving into her pack, she withdrew some parchment, and began to draw the group. She began with Thurinlass, who seemed the easiest to portray.

[Edited on 03/05/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
With a grin at Irime, Linriel sped into the forest. How she loved to run! Her hair spilled out like a wave behind her as the cord holding it became undone. Branches cracked and leaves rustled as the maid ran and dodged behind trees trying to get away from Meri who was chasing them. She heard Irime and Ilyea shouting and laughing as they ran, pretending to be deer getting chased. Looking up, Linriel spied Beri high up in a tree, out of reach of Meri the Hunter.

Linriel knew only a few of the company besides herself were playing. Eleniel, Ilde and Adonneniel remained behind but she did have hope that Thurinlass would join in the game. She wondered if the boy, Harn, was playing. It felt good to relax with her friends and take delight in some play. Too many moments are spent thinking and wishing and wondering and hoping. She spent far too many years doing those things and now she wanted to smile and have fun with her friends, both old and new.

Her thoughts wandered to her mother who died in a great rockslide. When Galadriel summoned Linriel to Lorien, it never crossed the maid's mind that Galadriel had ill tidings to bestow upon her. News if her mother's death shocked and dismayed Linriel but she knew there was naught to be done. Nothing can change the past. I must live for the future. When I return to Lorien, I will open the package my mother left for me.

Linriel kept running between the trees and finally came to a great oak. She decided to sit behind it and wait for Meri to find her.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë mentioned that she was ready to begin, and Linriel ran laughing into the trees, so Meri gestured for the other two to leave.

"Go on then, and you'd better run fast!" she said with a bright smile.

After waiting for a few moments to let them get away, she walked slowly into the forest, looking for signs of movement. It seemed the others had made good use of their head start, for she saw nothing other than leaves stirred up by the wind, so she started running. She thought she saw a figure darting through the trees, but when she got there all she found was settling dust. Then, as she scanned the trees, she saw part of a garment peeking out from behind a large oak tree. Moving carefully so as not to alert the 'deer', she walked around the trunk to see Linriel sitting on the ground.

Beri dashed through the trees in the same direction Linriel had gone. She heard her cousin coming after them, now walking, now running, now stopping to look around. Meri was getting ever closer, so Beri swung herself up into the nearest tree. For a moment she thought she had been seen, but Meri ran off as if she had caught another scent, and she breathed a quiet sigh of relief.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
"My apologies, Írimë. I'm slightly too tired for games. But if it suits all, I will rest a while by this tree and watch you play. If you all agree, I think this clearing is suitable to take up camp?"

"No apology is necessary, Mellon. This journey will be long - there will be many more opportunities to pass the time with games." Írimë looked around the clearing and back to Itarildë. "Yes, this looks like a good place to make camp."

Linriel ran away and soon disappeared amongst the trees, her laughter rippling on the air. Írimë smiled at the sound; it reminded her of Imladris, her home.

"Go on then, and you'd better run fast!" Meri said with a bright smile.

Írimë grinned back and ran lightly to the shelter of the trees. Once under the canopy, she stopped and listened for a moment. Running feet ahead, rustling leaves above, rushing water to the right. She ran forward for a short distance before turning right.

Soon she was at the edge of a clear creek. Trees grew along the bank, and at some points the curving roots hollowed out spaces in the earthen walls. Írimë crawled into one such space and sat crosslegged on the slightly damp ground. She breathed in the smells of earth and growing things and smiled. "At least I'll be comfortable while I wait to be found."
The stream sang a merry song as it leaped and danced over a thousand pebbles. Írimë leaned against the dirt wall of her hiding place and quietly sang along, blending her voice with the tone and rhythm of the water.

"Dance and sing, ye merry stream,
On your way to lands unknown.
Follow every wish and dream
Until at last you find your home."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn dismounted and joined the game. He was not the fleetest deer in the group and managed to get tangled in some bushes and fall flat on his face. Fortunately, his thrashing wasn't heard by the hunter. After getting into an upright position he glanced around, brushing the grass out of his dark hair. No one was in sight. Deciding a cunning deer might be easier to play than a fast one he crept, as quietly as the crunchy leaves would let him, through the trees.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel sat quietly under the tree as she heard footsteps approaching. She almost ran off but decided to let herself be *caught* so she remained where she was.

Suddenly Meri was before her, capturing the *deer*. Linriel laughed and smiled at her friend. "I think this game of yours has been good for us, Meri. It has given most of us a chance to run and play, something we all need to do."

Linriel looked at her friend, remembering how they met, how they braved many a storm together. "Tell me, dear friend, how goes it with you? Are you weary of all the wandering? Do you wish to make a home somewhere for yourself and Beri? Is there a place in this Middle-earth, that you long to visit after Cuivienen?"

Mentioning Cuivienen gave Linriel pause for thought. Thurinlass! He is guiding us to Cuivienen, yet I have a sense of hesitation about him. We have barely said 20 words to each other since his return yet he staunchly defended me when Bildarion was a threat. I must speak to him later

Linriel gathered some dry leaves in her hand and crunched them, enjoying the sound. She waited for Meri to reply.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass was shaken from his thought and looked to Eleniel, "We can stop whenever we wish, and if you desire the first watch you may have it!" He said to her, "Please," He added, "Forgive my absentmindedness." He looked about at where they had ridden two by now, before they stopped. They were nearly to the River and that would be a nice place to stay. "Perhaps when we reach the Anduin we can have our rest there. That way there is water, for drinking, bathing, and playing." He said to Eleniel. "Now if you'll excuse me, I think I have a game to play." He finished.

He checked Ilma to a halt then dismounted. He stole over to the hunters and deer and approached them, bedding in exaggeration of his age, "Do you surmise," He said making his voice sound hoarse and cracked, "That it would be possible for one of my age to take part in your game?" After only a moment her straightened and had a laugh at himself, awaiting a response.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
The others were all playing a game, and Itarildë could hear them all laughing between themselves. She smiled to herself at their merriment, but her heart felt heavy in her chest. She was missing her books and the mellow sunset of Imladris. She began to play with the beads in her hair, absent-mindedly drawing next to the picture of the group she'd finished. When she looked down at her parchment, she saw that the drawing she'd done was of her father, Elrohir.

Thurinlass also joined in the game, and Itarildë was left sitting not too far from Eleniel. There was an uncomfortable silence between them, so Itarildë began to quietly sing the "Song of Beren and Lúthien" to herself, which her grandfather had taught her when she was younger, while she absent-mindedly begun weaving some strands of grass together.

*"I nimwaloth i bain a phant,
I laiss in end calen nadhras,
Calad egennir mi i lant
E geil mi dhúath thiliol
Tinúviel i lilthas ias
Na lind o simp dholen a brand,
A vi finnil dîn glîn ennas,
A vi chammad dîn míriol."

=======================

OOC - The verse above is the first verse from 'The Song of Beren and Lúthien" and was translated by Youtube user Lúthien Merilin. I found a beautiful version of this song, where I found this translation! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwgqOSnQNMA

English Translation of Verse:
The leaves were long, the grass was green,
The hemlock-umbels tall and fair,
And in the glade a light was seen
Of stars in shadow shimmering.
Tinúviel was dancing there
To music of a pipe unseen,
And light of stars was in her hair,
And in her raiment glimmering.
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel smiled as she watched Thurinlass go over to join the game. She would, indeed, take the first watch, It would give her time to collect her thoughts,and to give her a moments peace from the noise and bustle that she had not yet reaccustomed to.

She started to braid Castiel's mane in a style that was not different from the one that she herself toted. Beside her, Ilde drew and sang softly to herself. Eleniel could just make out the words, and ti took her several moments to realize the tune.

"You sing words that exhale ancient starlight," Eleniel said, dismounting Castiel and stepping over to Ilde. She gestured to the ground beside her. "May I?"
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel watched as the others ran around playing their game. She stayed quietly with the horses and listened to Itarilde sing. She didn't know many of the group very well and felt very shy and vulnerable. It was easier for her to sit back and just watch them for now.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarilë had been singing a while, braiding the grass when Eleniel approached her.

"You sing words that exhale ancient starlight. May I?" The other Elf gestured to the ground beside her.

Itarildë smiled openly, despite the original discomfort she had felt towards Eleniel, she didn't want to cause an unecessary rift in the group.

"Of course," she replied, moving aside slightly.

Further away among the other horses, was stood someone she hadn't been introduced to. They seemed shy, and Itarildë smiled as best she could, then returned to quietly singing once more, while putting 'finishing touches' onto her etchings.

Silmë snuffled at her, then went to join the other horses, his silver-mane shining as he flicked it from his eyes.
Image Image
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri was getting tired of simply sitting up in a tree, so she swung down and began trotting around again. She picked up a twig with some leaves on from the ground, and absentmindedly twirled it in her fingers.

Meri saw Linriel give a start and make as if to run off, then relax and allow herself to be caught. She smiled at her friend's compliments, then stood silently for a moment as she considered her questions/

"Tell me, dear friend, how goes it with you? Are you weary of all the wandering? Do you wish to make a home somewhere for yourself and Beri? Is there a place in this Middle-earth, that you long to visit after Cuivienen?"

"I am well," she started, "but I do feel a little restless. It is nice to travel with friends, to see forests and mountains and many things that I have yet to lay eyes upon, but I do wish I had some purpose. I do not feel ready to stay still yet, though, so I will accompany you a while longer, if there remains a place for me in this company..." She trailed off, not wanting to make Linriel pity her, nor wanting to tell untruths. "But never mind that. I have no burning desires to visit a certain place, but I think Beri has had something on her mind recently, and I am hoping she can find some purpose for us. Perhaps you might talk to her, to see if something worries her. But how have you been faring? And what do you think of so large a party?"
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea ran through the woods trying to stay out of the sigh of the *hunter*. The ducked under trees and over bushes. She stopped and looked around for a good hiding place. She saw a tall tree with a cluster of branches. It would be hard for anyone to see her there. She quickly climbed up the tree and balanced herself on a sturdy branch.
Ilyea saw Adonnenneil standing alone. She wondered if maybe she would like a partner in the game. So just as quickly as she climbed up she climbed down and ran back to her companions. She went up to Adonnenneil and said, " Greetings! Would you like to join in the game with us? It is lots of fun, and the exercise will do us good!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel studied Meri's face, knowing how it felt to be so restless...wanting a purpose. She leaned back against the tree and thought before she answered the young Elf.

"Meri, I think for now, I am content to just travel and enjoy the beauty this land has to offer. I do not wish to dwell on unpleasant events that have occurred in my life recently." My broken engagement, the death of my mother. "I want to laugh and have fun. I want to be carefree for as long as I can. After we reach Cuivienen, I am not sure where my path will lead."

The sun began to set and Linriel looked up and was able to get a glimpse of some of the stars that she loved so much. "We have seen many changes since the start of this journey. Many have come and gone. Now, we have a large party and I hope to get to know all of them. It will be difficult though since I think everyone has a different purpose for coming along with us."

Linriel stretched and got to her feet. "I will be looking for Beri and perhaps she will tell me if something is on her mind." She stood silently for a moment before a mischievous smile crossed her face. Meri knew what was coming and the young Elf scampered away before Linriel had a chance to move. With a laugh, Linriel ran in the opposite direction, in search of a *deer* to capture.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Shortly before Írimë had run away to join the game Thurinlass had approached. "Do you surmise, that it would be possible for one of my age to take part in your game?" Írimë had laughed at his exaggerated show of old age then said teasingly, "Yes, Old One...but only if you can keep up!" Then she had run away to the woods and down to the creek where she was hiding now.

Írimë sat quietly in her hiding place for some time, enjoying the solitude. "But this is not much of a game." She crawled out from behind the roots and brushed the dirt from her knees. The sun had begun to set and the stars were just beginning to appear. Voices floated to her on the slight breeze.

"...Many have come and gone. Now, we have a large party and I hope to get to know all of them. It will be difficult though since I think everyone has a different purpose for coming along with us."

Ah, the Moonlight Maiden. The huntress must have found her. That means Linriel is probably the huntress now, Írimë thought.

"I will be looking for Beri and perhaps she will tell me if something is on her mind." There was a sound of laughter and running feet and the voices faded.

Írimë looked around, unsure of what to do now. "Let the huntress find me?" Unfastening her cloak, she hung it on a sapling and propped the hood and shoulders up over the sparse leaves. Satisfied that from behind and at a distance it would now look like a person standing there, she quickly climbed a nearby tree and perched on a limb where she would be obscured by the leaves but could still see everything. A few minutes later she saw Linriel coming. Írimë began to sing, throwing her voice so it sounded like it was coming from the cloaked figure of the sapling below.

"O! Will you be staying,
Or will you be flying?
Your pony is straying!
The daylight is dying!
To fly would be folly,
To stay would be jolly
And listen and hark
Till the end of the dark
to my tune
ha! ha!"

~*~*~*~
OOC: The bit of song is from The Hobbit book when the dwarves arrive at Rivendell. I changed "your ponies are straying" to "your pony is straying", and "our tune" to "my tune".

[Edited on 03/09/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel was surprised by Ilyea's greeting. She was full of energy and enthusiasm. Enthusiasm which Adonnenniel lacked. She didn't know what to say, she hardly knew Ilyea and Ilyea did not know what had happened to her, had not looked closely enough at her to see the signs of weakness.

"Um, no thank you" she said, but breaking eye contact when she spoke. "I think I will just stay here." She wished she could join, but it wasn't a possibility.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel looked at the drawing in Ilde's lap. "What are you drawing?" She asked. "It is beautiful. But I do not recognize the face."

She crossed her legs and stared out at the forest around her. The beauty was immense. The world was so large, so open. It was at times like these when she wondered why she could ever have felt stifled in Mirkwood. Even after so many comings and goings, could she still call that place her home?

"You say you are from Rivendell?" Eleniel asked Ilde. "I have been there before."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn could hear the laughing and singing of the other "deer" as the evaded the hunter. Stepping carefully he avoided a noisy pile of dry leaves and jogged towards the merriment. A fresh patch of green grass peeked out of the leaves in front of him, but he did not notice it; until it was too late. It was then that he heard a snap. Suddenly, he was jerked up into the air by his right foot, the rope noose tightening just above his ankle. Incoherently, he swung upside down for a few moments before he could focus again. A trap laid by a Lothlorien Border Patrol not to many days ago, laying wait for some unfortunate beast, or human, to step into it's crafty snare. He reached for his sword, but remembered, as his hand touched the familiar place where it was usually was buckled, that he had strapped it to Ithil's saddle. Mentally reprimanding himself for leaving his weapons in the wrong place for the second time that day he tried to reach for his right boot, where his knife was sheathed. But the rope was fastened to securely around his leg to pull the knife out. Hanging there for a second he tried to find another option of escape but found none.
"Linriel?!" he called, "Eleniel...Lord Thurinlass?"
He racked his mind trying to remember the other's names.
"Miss Irime?"
His head was beginning to throb and his vision started blurring.
<< First4546474849Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email