Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4647484950Last >>
Author Topic:
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë finished her song and skipped away through the treetops. There was no fun, she decided, in standing around when you could be running. "Or flying!" she thought as sprang through the air to the next tree. The gap was slightly wider than she had anticipated, but her outstretched hand managed to grab a branch on her way down. She used the extra momentum to swing herself up and around so she was now standing on top of the branch.

"Miss Írimë?"

The muffled voice had come from the other side of the tree. The Elf maiden soon reached the source of the sound and raised an eyebrow at the sight below her. Harn was dangling in mid air, suspended by a rope attached to a branch. Írimë quickly pulled out her knife and sliced through the rope, cringing at the thud! when the boy fell to the ground. She dropped down beside him and pulled the rope off his ankle. "Why do humans never watch where they're going?" Her blue eyes sparkled with amusement but there was a note of concern in her voice. "How do you fare?"

[Edited on 05/13/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel loved to run. She loved hearing the crunch of leaves under her feet as she dashed among the trees, searching for *deer*.

Ahead, in the distance, her sharp ears heard a maid singing a lively tune and Linriel slowed her pace. She noticed a cloaked figure standing near a small sapling but also noticed it had no legs. Ah, clever maid. Trying to trick me with a decoy.

Linriel watched as leaves fell from above and she looked up just in time to see Irime going from branch to branch, seemingly trying to get somewhere quickly. She almost gave chase but then her eyes turned to a familiar silhouette.

Thurinlass! He must have joined the game. I will hide behind a tree and watch where he goes. Capturing him will really prove what a great hunter I am.

Linriel smiled as she hid behind a great oak. How she longed for some quiet moments with her dear friend. He had been gone for so long and now that he is back, they hardly had time to speak. She wondered how he fared during his absence.

She began to weave between the trees, getting closer to Thurinlass. The maid knew that even if her steps were soundless, the noble Elf surely hears her coming. He will either run or let himself be caught.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel spoke once more, "What are you drawing? It is beautiful. But I do not recognise the face."

"Oh, it is nothing special. But I have drawn my father, Lord Elrohir. It seems I'm beginning to miss him." Itarildë smiled, but it fell rather quickly. Apparently, knowing she wouldn't be back home for a long time had made her feel more homesick than she had ever anticipated. Usually travelling made her happy. Why wasn't that the case now?

"You say you are from Rivendell?" Eleniel asked Ildë. "I have been there before."

"Yes, Imladris has been my home for many years... if not all of them." Itarildë nodded. "Mirkwood is surrounded by a beautiful forest, if my memory serves me well. It has been a long time since I was last there. I wonder if King Thranduil remembers me... Why did you leave?"

Itarildë stopped herself. She'd done it again, assumed where another hailed from. It was habit her grandfather had seemingly passed on to her.

"My apologies, that was impolite. It's not my place to ask."

She watched as Silmë grazed with the other horses, seeming to fit in nicely with them and amicably. Why did he find it so easy when she did not?
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass had lost himeself for a moment after some running. He had caught a glint of the Anduin, not terribly far away and traced it with his eyes. Then he heard steps creeping up behind him. He waited readily until the steps, obviously belonging to Linriel were just withing arm's reach then, he leap swiftly and with grace up, back and over her in a weightless flip. He landed noiselessly behind her then with a laugh, merry and loud, dashed back towards the grazing horses. The image of Anduin lingered still in his mind, o what fun they would all have in the clear running waters. Thurinlass came soon to the horses and, seeing that Linriel was not yet caught up to him, he begin to converse with the delightful beasts.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn sat up rubbing his pounding head; images blurred and swayed a bit and unknowingly he was crossing his eyes.
"I think I'm fine," he stuttered, "just a headache..."
He blinked hard trying to focus on Írimë but she kept moving around...wait no...she was standing still.
"I hope you aren't the hunter," he commented, shaking his head whilst getting up.
==============
A shadowy form crouched on the rocky ground listening to the voices in the air. It had painstakingly avoided Lothlorien and its many dangers and running into a group of Elves was the last thing It wanted to do. A voice, It knew that voice, It had vowed never to forget it. Whistling softly for Its wolves the figure made for safer grounds, far away from the Enchanted Wood.

[Edited on 04/11/2015 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea wondered about Addonnenneils story. She seemed to keep to herself and not engage in conversation. She wondered about he past. " So, Addonnenneil, where are you from?" she asked. She fingered the hilt of her knife that was buckled at her side. The emerald glinted in the sun light. Her brother had given it to her. She wondered if he has left yet. She wondered if she was too late.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled as Thurinlass evaded her capture. She knew she had a next to nothing chance of making him the *hunter* but knew she must try. Quietly she crept towards him, but she could not be quiet enough. A branch broke under her foot. A leaf crumbled into dust as she stepped upon it.

Linriel could not help but smile as she thought of the noble Firstborn Elf. Oh, the adventures they shared! Fighting side by side. Enjoying songs around a fire at night. Listening to the stories he told.

She saw him with the horses, talking to them. He had such a way with the mighty beasts, making them feel at ease. Linriel knew he already heard her approaching. There was no sense in trying to capture him so instead the maid called out to him. "Aiya! Thurinlass! Thurinlass! Vande omentaina!"
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, Imladris has been my home for many years... if not all of them." Itarildë nodded. "Mirkwood is surrounded by a beautiful forest, if my memory serves me well. It has been a long time since I was last there. I wonder if King Thranduil remembers me... Why did you leave?"

Eleneil stared at Ilde in shock. When the other Elf saw her reaction, she quickly said, "My apologies, that was impolite. It's not my place to ask."

"I left Mirkwood to travel," Eleniel said simply. "I make my own home wherever I walk. I know that my King and my friends would welcome me back, but staying for such a time in a place makes me grow restless."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass smiled warmly at his friend, forgetting momentarily that she was the hunter, "Vande ometaina dear friend." He said, "Have you yet spoken with the horses?" He inquired of Linriel, "Some of them have lovely little stories they will weave you, and some are prone to embellishment." He added the last part with an affectionate and knowing look at Linriel's steed. "Regardless, they are good beasts, each one." There were several agreeing whinnies. Thurinlass looked west, and slightly south towards the river, "Do you hear the river running?" He asked. Then his voice floated into a song,

"Do you hear the river running?
Fair, cool and wild, ever free!
Do you hear the river calling?
'Come and have your sorrows washed in me!'
Great, strong Anduin,
Water, flowing like the wind.
Do you hear the river singing?
'I am weary washing and life bringing!'
Older than the oldest elf,
Strong than the greatest warrior,
Anduin running wild and so free,
Southwards now until it meets the sea.
Do you hear the river running,
Calling,
Singing,
Falling."

And with his last word, a mention of Rauros, his voice itself fell and was carried away towards the water by the soft western breeze that had strolled by them on its way.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled as she noticed her friend look at Meldir. Thurinlass knew how she captured her horse from a wild herd so many years ago. The maid took Meldir's mane in her hand as she rubbed his neck. "Nilme na ve lote ya losta tennoio," she whispered to him. Friendship is like a flower that blooms forever

"Meldir has been my closest friend for a long time as you know, Thurinlass. We have shared many adventures together and I expect there will be many more to come."

She paused as she listened to the noble Elf sing. "We met while singing. That was quite a night when you came to the fire I was sharing with Ella and Fili. I wonder what has become of them." Linriel looked towards the river. "That was such a long time ago. Our company has been through many changes since then."

With a gleam in her eyes, Linriel suddenly dashed towards Thurinlass and tagged him on his arm. "Hunter! You are now the hunter!"

And with a merry laugh, Linriel dashed off into the trees. She ran and ran until she was sure that she was not being pursued. She ran to the river's edge, stopped, and looked around. Thurinlass could find me in an instant

Linriel started to think about the new journey this company was undertaking. She had longed to visit Cuivienen since she was a child. Her mother told her stories about the awakening of the Elves. Stories that filled Linriel with wonder and a strange longing she did not understand.

She looked at the sparkling river and could not help but think of her mother. Summoned to Lorien, it fell to Galadriel to tell Linriel of the death of her mother. Galadriel held her in her arms as Linriel sobbed and realized even if she took a ship to the West, that her mother was gone. Her mother, who had the same moonlight coloured hair as Linriel, was lost to her now. But she left something for her daughter. She left it with Galadriel bidding the White Lady to give it to Linriel as she saw fit. A box. A small box, beautifully wrapped and tied. A box that Linriel still did not open. She left it behind in Lorien. I will open it when I return from Cuivienen

Linriel sat upon a rock at the river's edge and gave thought to jumping in the crisp, cool water. Maybe a romp in the water would be fun after our game is over. I wonder how the others are faring. The maiden took a handful of small pebbles and began to toss them in the river.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel hesitated, she wasn't expecting such a question to be asked so suddenly. "My home was destroyed years ago," she answered. "Most of my family was killed, the rest sailed shortly after. I wandered for years before I met some of this group. I found I had a niece I had never heard about, but now she too is gone." She looks at the ground as she says this, her hands noticeably shaky. she carefully fingers the edge of the cloak she is wearing.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
"I left Mirkwood to travel," Eleniel replied, only looking slightly irritated at the question. "I make my own home wherever I walk. I know that my King and my friends would welcome me back, but staying for such a time in a place makes me grow restless."

Itarildë nodded in response. She set down her drawings and played with the beads in her hair while looking to the sky.

"My grandfather doesn't really like my wanderlust. He prefers me to stay home in Rivendell. Sometimes I believe it is because he is lonely... Also, my father is a little too protective and believes I'm too young still." She didn't know why she felt she needed to tell Eleniel, but it was good to finally tell someone aside from Írimë.

"I wish to see the world, but when I leave, I feel a pain at leaving my grandfather's side. Almost a guilt. Though this time, my grandfather didn't mind my leaving as much..."
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass smiled and chuckled when he was tagged. He was enjoying himself, but they would need to move soon. He jogged back to the area where most of them are. They are talking among themselves about whatever they will. It was an agreeable company size to Thurinlass' eye, not so many that to be one group of many friends was impossible, yet large enough to have many friends with many tales. There needed only to be enough time to tell them, and on this journey, there would be plenty of time.

Thurinlass came to the midst of where they had been playing, "Excuse me!" He called out, "I know that we are all, very much, enjoying our play and talk, but it seems to me as your guide wisest to come at least so far as Anduin. I have plans for us to cross it, but if you cross today, or tomorrow morning may be decided by all." He finished
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"My father told me some of the same," Eleniel said honestly to Ilde. "Though I later came to learn that he of all others had no right to. Tell me not to wander, that is. After the death of my brother, he disappeared, hurting the lives of myself and..." She paused, thinking of her dear friend who know fled from a hunter in the trees. Should she name Linriel, or keep her plight, at least, secrert? She no longer knew what Linriel thought of Bildarion and found it wrong to bring her into the discussion.

"Many," Eleniel settled on. "He would vanish for many years and then return, then sneak away in the night without any inclination of his departure. I loathe that aspect of his personality, although I fear that one day I may display some of the same flaws."

[Edited on 04/13/2015 by findemaxam48]
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë smiled, relieved the lad was not badly hurt. "No, I am not the hunter." The boy began to stand up and she extended a hand to assist him. "Though I think we should return to the group now. The light is fading, and I sense something..." the maiden paused to look and listen for a moment before shaking her head. "It seems to be gone now, but let us go back to our friends." With light steps she retraced her path to the decoy sapling and pulled her cloak from the small branches. "Harn," she said as they followed the path back to the temporary resting place, "how came you to join this group of Elves? It is not a common thing for a human to be allowed within the borders of Lórien."

A few moments later strains of a song reached Írimë's ears.

"Anduin running wild and so free,
Southwards now until it meets the sea.
Do you hear the river running,
Calling,
Singing,
Falling."

"Come Harn! Let us not delay our arrival at the wondrous Anduin!" The maiden lifted her feet and ran, swift as the wind through the trees.

[Edited on 04/13/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Well they found me," Harn explained, "and even though I tried to kill one of them they accepted me."
He glanced down at his gloved hand; they had accepted him for who he was, not for whom he had been.
"No, I wouldn't have been let in, but Linriel convinced them I was a friend, and member of the group."
A smile lightened his features and he raced off after Írimë."
========================
Two wolves hid in the shadows of a thorny brush surrounded by the dead ghostly trees that bordered Lothlorien, reminding one that when beauty passes, death follows. Hearing a low whistle they silently trotted over to a figure, nuzzling against their master's side. Cursing inwardly It shooed the wolves away mounting a dark grey nag, the wolves retreated behind the horse and sniffed the barren soil. It turned the horse down river toward the Gap of Rohan but paused; it had been a long time since It had thought of revenge. Now it was in It's grasp. Shaking it's head, the shadow urged the horse into the brush, motioning the wolves to lay low.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel liked tossing stones in the river. She watched the ripples get wider and wider until they disappeared and then she threw in some more. The sun was starting to set beyond the trees and stars began to peek out from behind their curtain of daylight. The elf maid loved this time of day but she smiled as she thought how she loved all the changes of the sky. From the pale blues of the morning to the pinks and yellows of sunset to the deep inky blackness of night.

A gentle breeze stirred the branches of the tree Linriel was sitting beneath and many leaves began to fall. Too many. With a start, Linriel jumped to her feet and looked up. She saw nothing except branches swaying. It must have been a family of squirrels jumping from tree to tree. Something unnerved her though and she kept her eyes focused on the trees above. Why do I feel like I am being watched? I have always trusted my instincts and I will trust them now. Linriel tossed the rest of her stones into the river and turned to join the others but not before she took one more look to the branches above. She stood quietly and just listened and waited. Nothing. With a shrug she ran off to join the rest of the party.

Bildarion smiled as he watched Linriel leave the water's edge to join her friends. She knew something was watching her. Her skills are getting much better. She has learned well over the years. A frown creased his brow. Years! Years, I have wasted wandering, doing the bidding of others. Years I could have spent with Linriel and my daughter Eleniel. We could have been a family. But no, I chose another path. One that led me away from those I loved. A path that caused me to keep things about my life unknown to Linriel and also to my child. Maybe things will change. Maybe Linriel could learn to love me again. Maybe Eleniel will forgive me and let me be a father to her.

A shrill, faraway sound reached Bildarion's ears and he turned his head. What was that? A whistle?
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen slipped on a damp patch of earth, and fell on her back. Lying there, looking up at the darkening sky, she felt at peace. She knew that she should be getting back to the others, to continue their game or to make camp for the night, but she could not tear her eyes from the great expanse of space above her. She loved to gaze upon the different shades of colour, the orange-pink of the horizon blending into dark purple on the higher edges of clouds, and then greenish-blue, then shades of blue that gradually slipped away into darkness. She longed to close her eyes and just rest there, but at the same time she felt that she could not bear to see nothing when such beauty was spread out in front of her. She took the mice out of her pocket and nestled them against her side. Just one more minute, she whispered to them, then we'll go and find the others.

Merilwen dashed out of Linriel's reach and weaved through the trees. She heard her friend laugh, a clear, joyous sound, then head away to search for someone else to catch. She stopped running, and thought over what Linriel had said. Her words had brought no comfort, but perhaps now, with such a large group, she should take the chance to face her fear. She had always shied away from talking to strangers, and listened with her head down rather than sharing her ideas. She would never amount to anything if she carried on the same. She needed to be more confident, and this might be the time to fix that.

However, she was glad that Linriel had offered to speak to her cousin for her. Normally she would talk to Beri herself, but for some reason she was hesitant to. But she was not worried that Beri had not confided in her. They may have been friends as well as relations, but they did not tell each other everything. The thought of someone knowing all of her thought and all of her secrets, even someone who she trusted fully, was an unnerving one.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel cast one more look to the trees before she ran off to join the others. We should stay here on this side of the river for the night and cross in the morning. I must speak to Thurinlass.

When she arrived at the place she thought they should spend the night, Linriel was happy to see most of the company talking amongst themselves. We have a long journey ahead of us, it is good that everyone is making new friends.

She saw Eleniel talking to Ilde and she nodded to them. Illyea was speaking to Adonnenniel. Illyea has been a good friend. Harn and Irime were just getting back and she waved to them. She looked about but did not yet see Merilwen or her cousin Beriadawen. I will seek out Beri later this evening. And of course, there was Thurinlass and Linriel could not help but smile. There he was, calling to the others to decide about crossing the river or making camp.

"Aiya, Thurinlass," she said as she approached him. "I think it will be best to settle here for the night and cross the river in the morning. I, for one, need a bit of nourishment after this great hunt." She looked at the noble Elf before continuing. "We can start a fire and have a meal and perhaps bring out our wineskins later and share some songs and fellowship under this beautiful starlit sky."

Bildarion watched Linriel until she disappeared in the trees. He looked up and saw the stars beginning to shine and knew the maid would want to make camp and sing as she always did. I wonder if she still has those tiny bells. He put those thoughts aside as he once again heard a shrill whistle. The sound of it disturbed him and he thought to go find it's source. Making sure his weapons were secure, Bildarion pulled himself up to a higher branch and began to make his way to the sound he heard deeper in the forest.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When Linriel mentioned the fire, Eleniel immediately rose and said, "I can start one. A fire, that is. I daresay that none of you would like to sample my cooking skills, however. Perhaps one of the cousins?"

She stopped when she realized that she was delegating. This was Thurinlass' group and he was the leader. She would have to be careful of what she said, lest she anger one of her companions.

She started to gather up some branches. "And may be after the fire is lit, I can feed the horses."
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass smiled at the the responses, "I suppose we shall stay on this side then!" He said when it seemed apparent that this was the will of the group. More of them were arriving as they all spoke, and Eleniel had offered to make a fire, "Wonderful!" He said in response to this. She also mentioned cooking. "Perhaps one of our dear cousins, or both, may like to cook." He said in agreement, "But if they do not, any who wish may do so. If there are none, then I shall cook for us all." He whistle for Ilma, "Furthermore..." He said searching his bag. After a moment of silence he produced a bottle of clear golden liquid, "Among my many pursuits, wine making is the chief! I have brought refreshments, both weak and strong, for all the company. Though I daresay I will need to make more ere the journey is over..." He added the last part as more of an afterthought to himself. He looked back over his shoulder to Anduin. "Nevertheless, we ought to move at the least to the banks of the river before setting a camp. I cannot speak for any others, but I myself know I would much love the sound of running water in my ears this night. Let all go as they wish, and I shall wait until the whole of our company has gone ere I come myself." He looked now back to Eleniel, "And I should be everlastingly grateful if you should feed each horse." He said emphatically. He was refreshed by Eleniel's helpful spirit.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë slowed to a walk and looked over at Harn when he drew alongside her. "I apologize for leaving you behind a little," she said with a smile. Then her tone turned wistful. "It just feels so wonderful to be free."

Linriel lifted a hand in greeting as the two approached the gathering and Írimë waved back. "Harn, for much of my life I have felt like a stranger to those around me. It amazes me that I have only known most of you for one day and already I have been welcomed as one of your own. I do not understand it, but somehow I feel this is where I am meant to be."

There was talk of camping beside the river and enjoying some fellowship together. Thurinlass spoke of the sound of water and Írimë was eager to hear the rushing of the river as well. She went to her horse and stroked his soft nose. "Forgive me, I forgot to tend to you. When we camp I will unsaddle you and brush out your beautiful coat." The maiden picked up the reins and walked beside her horse, gazing up at the bright stars in the heavens and enjoying the sounds of night.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë realised she had once more blanked out into a daze while Eleniel was talking and blushed with embarrasment. She really must stop doing that. She followed the others as they began to gather. She saw her friend Írimë walking with her horse towards the river. Ildë whistled to Silmë, who ran to her side quickly, nuzzling her hand.

"Well my friend, looks like we managed to be personable after all."

Silmë grunted in response, hoping for an apple to appear.

She then spoke up, despite herself.

"I am willing to cook for us all. I haven't had much else to do among Lord Elrond's piles of books! I believe I have some skill, and it would make up for my delaying you all on your journey."

Itarildë produced some cooking spices and herbs, and proceeded to form a cooking paste from them, as she had once done for her father when he had returned home one evening. Her mind flew back to that night....

------------------

"Ildë-nin, what's that I smell? Have you finally been culinarily-trained?" Elrohir smiled, placing his dagger upon the table.

"Ah! Ada! What have I told you about weapons on the table? It's improper!" Itarildë scolded, placing her hands on her hips.

"My apologies, dear. I forget you are as stubborn as my father. Maybe I should come home more often and toughen you up a bit more."

"Who says I'm not tough?" Itarildë grinned while pretending to aim the wooden spoon she was holding at him.

"No-one Ildë, I'm just teasing. I'm just hoping your cooking isn't as lethal as your archery! Elrohir smiled, placing his dagger under the table.

------------------

"Now, who's hungry?" Itarildë asked her new group of companions.

[Edited on 05/15/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel joined the rest of the group around the fire. She sat down quietly and watched the others as they began preparing the evening meal. She used to do that, but she didn't trust her hands to be steady enough, so she stayed away. Memories seemed to be attached to everything. She tried not to think about it and found herself watching those she didn't get know well very closely.

She felt useless and nearly invisible. It took effort to believe she was wanted, that she still had something to offer. Great sorrows lift but slowly.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë looked up from her cooking and noticed the same elf who had been standing alone earlier, once more shying from the group. She motioned for the elf to come over, smiling. In her head, she saw her own smile as awkward, as Itarildë was much more of a Half-Elven than she realised, and held quite a stern expression on her face usually. She tried to mentally un-furrow her brow. She hoped she looked welcoming.

"Do you mind coming and helping me? I do apologise, but your name seems to have slipped my mind." She bowed her head respectfully. "I'm Itarildë, daughter of Elrohir. What's your name?"
Image Image
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri had not come across the other members of the group for a while, and was beginning to wonder if she had strayed too far from the path and lost them, when a gust of wind blew into her face, bringing with it the smell of food and spices. So that was it. They had set up camp and were now cooking. She felt a little guilty that she hadn't helped at all, and resolved to lend a hand with whatever needed doing as soon as she reached them. She scanned the treetops, but could see little past the dense foliage, so climbed one of the taller trees. "Aha..." she muttered to herself, spotting wisps of smoke curling into the sky. She leapt down from the tree and ran in the rough direction of the smoke.

Soon she came to fire where the rest of the group had gathered, although she couldn't see her cousin. She was reminded of all the times that their friends had been resting or fighting or talking together and the two of them had been off in the woods. Sometimes it seemed like they floated around on the edges of the group, straying from it then bouncing back, but never just travelling with them... The thought made her a little sad, but she pushed it down and went to offer her services to the others.

Beriadanwen woke up with a start. She hadn't meant to fall asleep, and she looked around wildly, hoping that she had not been resting for too long. Thankfully, the sky seemed only a little darker. "Come on," she said to her mice, gathering them up and placing them in a large pocket. "Let's go find them. I wonder if they've noticed that we're gone yet..."

Drawn to the edge of the makeshift circle of horses, belongings and people by the scent of something cooking, Beri licked her lips in anticipation. Standing in the shadows where the light of the fire didn't quite reach, she couldn't help but feel like a wolf drawn to another's kill, or to a fire over which meat is being cooked. She felt a sudden, strange urge to pull up her hood, run to the cooking pot, grab some food and hare away again. But it was a ridiculous thought. She had to need to steal her supper, and it would be better to help prepare it instead. There were so many here that she did not know, and some or all may not approve of her mischievous tendencies. With a sigh, she went to help Eleniel with the horses.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel slowly approached Itarilde, she appreciated the effort she was making to be friendly to her.

"I am Adonnenniel," she tried to smile.

As she approached the fire, the warmth of it drew her. She stood awkwardly, unsure what Itarilde wanted her to do. Surely the lady was much more capable than she was.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë could sense Adonnenniel was feeling shy and awkward. She could sympathise. Handing Adonnenniel a stone and a packet of herbs, she smiled once more.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Adonnenniel. Here, help me make some more paste to flavour the meal with for me, so I can start gathering some more edible plants. Keep an eye on the water so it doesn't boil over. I won't be long." She looked at Adonnenniel's unsure face once more then added, "Maybe we can get to know one another better when I return."

Itarildë saw the twins from the corner of her eye, and made to go back into the forest, to find a patch of edible roots she'd spotted earlier. She was unsure if the other Elves in present company ate meat or not. But just in case, she would gather both edible roots and leaves, but also try to catch some meat, for those who would wish it. Her father, Elrohir had never had trouble eating meat, and she had grown up eating just enough to appreciate its taste.

Maybe she could find a rabbit, or catch a fish or two in the river...

[Edited on 05/16/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel nodded to Thurinlass and went over quickly to the cluster of horses. Castiel gave her a whinny, and Eleniel soothed her with a stroke of her mane.

She went over to the edge of the water and plucked up hand fulls of cattails. She knew that several of their supply bags held oats, so she was careful not to completely destroy the vegetation.

As she was working, Beri wandered over. Eleniel smiled at her and said, "How are you faring?"
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
No one looked up as Meri approached, but she knew that that didn't mean they hadn't noticed her. Suddenly feeling shy again, she hesitated just inside the circle of firelight. Then one of the elves at the cooking pot departed, and, seeing that the elf who was left was Adonnenniel, she hurried over.

"Hello, Adonnenniel," she said, inclining her head as a sign of respect. "Do you know if I could be of use here? I only know how to cook the very simplest of meals, but I'm sure if you tell me what to do I could help a little." She paused, suddenly doubting herself. What if Adonnenniel thought she was taking her job from her? She didn't want to leave her friend with nothing to do, as she could see that she was still troubled. "Or perhaps there is something else I could do for you? I could fetch more firewood, or..." She trailed off, and waited for the other elf to reply.

Beri smiled back at Eleniel, a little uncertainly. They had traveled alongside each other for a while now, but they had talked little.

"I am well, thank you, though I am looking forward to resting. Of course, there is much to be done before that. I was wondering if you wanted a hand with the horses, or with some other task." Belatedly, she realised that she had not returned Eleniel's question. "How about you? What do you think of this journey, or of the group? It's a little larger now than before," Beri said, smiling shyly.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn walked over to where Linriel was standing and paused, the words tumbled painfully out of his mouth.
"Are we crossing the River?" he asked.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel continued to grab some of the grass. "I am glad that you are doing well. Travel after a long time of rest can be difficult. But although you say you are tired and require rest, you move about with more energy than I can hope to muster."

Eleniel placed some of the food in front of the horses. "I myself am doing well. I hope that no ill will prevail as we continue. Perhaps you can bring water for the horses? There is a bucket in one of the supply bags. I will scatter some oats, and then, when our tasks are complete, we shall sit round the fire together."
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë had managed to catch a couple of rabbits and plenty of fish, and foraged plenty of edible flora, and she had proceeded to walk back towards the camp, her spoils tied to a stick draped over her shoulder. She smiled over at Írimë, who was on the other side of the camp, then inclined her head respectfully at Harn and also Eleniel as she passed them.

As she returned to the fire, one of the twins (well she thought they were twins anyway), Meri possibly, was beside Adonnenniel.

"Ah, are you here to lend us a helping hand? It seems I've brought back more food than I realised..." Itarildë tried once again to display a friendly smile; maybe eventually her inherited grandfather's frown would loosen enough to allow an open smile to form.

She placed down the fresh food, then cleansed her hands in the river. While sitting near the fire, Itarildë wondered where she could skin the rabbits without offending anyone else who did not wish to see such activities. She began to scout the area, another Half-Eleven frown, gracing her face...

Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled as Thurinlass spoke of the sweet golden liquid of which she tasted so long ago. She noticed the others gathering and the scent of a wonderful meal was in the air.

"It seems that our friends have already started to make camp. It pleases me greatly to see everyone getting to know each other. The new members of our company seem to be fitting in quite well." she remarked to Thurinlass. Linriel started to make her way towards the camp, picking up firewood on the way.

She looked up at the sky, always taking great delight in the moon and stars. The maid looked forward to arriving at Cuivienen. How wonderful it will be to stand where the Elves first awakened.

Linriel placed more wood around the fire and savoured the smell of the meal to come.

Harn approached and stood beside her and seemed a bit worried as he asked about crossing the river. Linriel looked at him with concern. She asked, "Do you have doubt about crossing the river, Harn? Can you swim?" Linriel was not fond of the water but she knew they had to cross. "We can stay together as we cross. We will cross in the morning. It will not seem so fearful in the light of day. You must be hungry. Let us see if we can help with the meal."

Linriel looked to see who might be in need of help and she noticed Itarilde with fish and rabbits that needed to be skinned. She went to the maid and offered to help. "You have secured a great meal for us. I can skin the rabbits if you wish." Linriel drew her dagger but waited for a reply.

[Edited on 05/19/2015 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri nodded to Eleniel, then walked over to the supply bags. She knelt down, then frowned. Which one was the bucket in? She turned to look at Eleniel, then looked away again. She didn't want to seem useless, a child who could do nothing for themself. And besides, the other elf was busy. She spent a while rummaging in the bags discreetly, then pulled out a small bucket. She walked down to the river. First she washed her hands, as they had picked up little pieces of dirt and grime while she was rummaging, and then she filled the bucket. She overfilled it a little, and she struggled with and and spilled water on her shoes as she took it back to the horses, where she set it down with a sigh or relief. "There ya go, pony!" she said to a large horse which snorted its contempt for the diminutive term. Right, she thought, one down. She looked round at the rest of the group of horses and sighed again.

Meri waited for Adonnenniel to reply, but before she got a chance to do so the other elf, who seemed to be organising the cooking, came back and spoke to her. The elf, whose name she could not remember, gave her an awkward smile. She couldn't help but think that the frown suited her better, not because she seemed bad tempered, but because it was a more honest expression. Meri turned to reply to her, but she was already walking away and the words died on her lips. She looked down at the array of plants before her.

"Right, what now?" she said to Adonnenniel, but her friend was quiet. "These need washing. I can go down to the river to clean them..." Adonnenniel looked distant, perhaps lost in her thoughts, perhaps just not wishing to speak. Instinctively, Meri reached out and took her hand for a few moments, hoping desperately that the warmth from it could begin to thaw the chill that seemed to lie over the older elf. She smiled fleetingly, then dropped her head and Adonnenniel's hand in one fluid movement, and picked up some of the roots and leaves. On the way down to the river she saw Beri struggling with a bucket and muttering to herself, though her cousin didn't seem to see her. She grinned to herself and hurried down to the fast-flowing water.
<< First4647484950Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email