Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4950515253
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 01/19/2016 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass! Yet again, he leaves, only this time he has taken Adonnenniel with him, Well, perhaps that is for the best. Adonnenniel is in a fragile state and would fare much better away from fighting and danger.

Linriel glanced around and failed to see Eurion and wondered where the human could be. She shrugged. Some stay, some leave. He talked about returning to Lorien, perhaps he just left. Another one to leave without word

"I, for one, look forward to going back to Imladris. I am certain we will be most welcome." Linriel said to no one in particular. She looked at the group, tired and close to the fire trying to keep warm. How things have changed. We have seen so many come and go. She smiled at Meri and Beri, the two young cousins who make this journey so bearable with their kindly ways. She watched as Eleniel came back to the group and poured herself a mug of tea that Irime made with the herbs she carried and hoped they would get to know each other better. Itarilde came back from the horses with a frown on her face. She studied the two Elves who recently joined the group, Hirnaeranin and Imrothon and wondered what part they will play in this adventure.

She felt safe and secure with the blanket Bildarion placed around her shoulders and she tiredly leaned her head against him. She felt his warm breath against her hair and she closed her eyes. Who knows what will happen once we get to Imladris? Maybe all of our lives will change.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Imrothon stood up quietly and moved just beyond the reach of the firelight. Raising his head, he whistled low for Aira, who came trotting quickly over at his master's call. Rubbing the copper neck, the elf leaned his head against his friend and whispered softly.
"They don't need to know so soon. They'll learn when we reach Imladris, but for now, its just our secret."
Running his hand down Aira's back, Imrothon returned to the fireside just as Hirnaeranin and Itarilde came back.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Everyone was once more sat around the fireside... well besides those who had suddenly left the group. Was it always this way, Itarildë thought, people coming and going? She put a pair brown leather gloves onto her hands and pulled her bedraggled forest green cloak closer around her shoulders, warning Hirnaeranin with a frown in her eyes to not even bother offering her his own.

She mentally scolded herself at her behaviour towards him; she was too independent for her own good sometimes, but in her defence, it had never done her any harm before. In fact, Legolas had told her it was one of most endearing traits, next to her frown... Maybe he'd been joking, Ildë couldn't remember. It had been too long since she'd thought about being 'endearing' towards anyone else.

--------------------

"Ildë, are you sure you want to wear that this evening?" Legolas had asked her, way back then, teasing her. "You'll never find a suitable and respectable young Elf to marry dressed like me."

"You're starting to sound like my grandfather, Legolas," she'd frowned. "And yes, I find dresses and skirts much too cumbersome and restricting. I don't know how my grandmother and Aunt Arwen manage them."

"Well, considering they both have a significant other, they clearly don't do love lives any harm..." her friend had smirked. In response, Ildë had elbowed him in the ribs, before walking away pretending she wasn't slightly more wary of her appearance than she had been before.

--------------------

Itarildë noticed Imrothon had also not eaten since they'd arrived, so she handed him a bowl, before taking one for herself. Hirnaeranin remained wordless as he sat in the same spot as before.

"Ah, Linriel, how are you feeling now?" Itarildë asked her friend, turning to see Linriel and Bildarion sat comfortably together. She frowned a little deeper before realising what she was doing, and lightly smiled amicably. "Has your wound healed?"
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel opened her eyes and looked thankfully at Itarilde. "I am feeling much better. The wound will heal and it shall be as it never happened. I am grateful to you, Itarilde, for saving my life. Without your quick action, I think I might have died." Linriel shivered at the thought. Bildaraion nodded at Italilde. "Please accept my gratitude as well, fair maiden. You were there for Linriel when I could not be and I am forever in your debt." The Elf tucked the blanket closer around Linriel. "I will bring you something hot to drink, meldanya," he said tenderly to her as he stood and went to the pot of hot tea Irime prepared. He looked back at Linirel. "We will have ale soon enough and perhaps some of the much talked about Imladris wine when we get to the home of Elrond."

Eleniel smiled at her father. "Ada, I am looking forward to exploring Lord Elrond's library. It is said he even has some sort of device that brings the stars closer...almost close enough to touch. That is what I look forward to seeing."

Bildarion handed Linriel a steaming mug of fragrant tea and the maid took a small sip. "This is delicious. Irime, you have much skill in producing tea from many of the herbs you have gathered. You must be happy about going to Imladris." The mug warmed Linriel's hands as she continued. "All of us have reason to be happy about going to Imladris. There we will get some much needed rest and we reunite with family and long missed friends." She drank more of the tea. "Our horses will also enjoy the Imladris stables and I will see about getting some traveling clothes as well. Itarilde, you must be overjoyed to be going home."

Linriel's eyes settled upon Meri and Beri and she wondered how the sweet young cousins felt about going to Imladris. Maybe their antics never reached the borders of Imladris. She hoped Beri will find good news about her brother who seems to not be dead. Lies. Lies and secrets. I have had enough of both. Bildarion once again sat next to her and she knew then that many issues will be settled in Rivendell.

[Edited on 01/27/2016 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri sat and thought. She was excited at the thought of going to Imladris, although she knew that her cousin must be feeling confused and uncertain, so tried to hide her own feelings. Imladris. Rivendell. The word was beautiful even in the Common Speech. It rolled off the tongue like a waterfall flowing down over stone. She knew it was a place like no other, with those majestic mountains so close and forests and rivers and the most elegant buildings. She had never seen Imladris. However, she knew that they sent envoys to Mirkwood at times. She doubted if she and Beri were important enough to have been discussed, but they had caused rather a large ruckus... she very much hoped that the Imladris elves had not been warned to close their borders to them.

What would happen after they reached Imladris? Presumably they would stay awhile. Beri would want to spend time with her brother - but how much time? How long would she want to stay? What if she did not wish to leave again? What would Meri do? Well, that's easy, she thought. I'd have to stay near her. I could visit Moria. It was so nice there, despite being underground. Somehow that stone never seemed cold. But what about the rest of the group? What if they were to move on before Beri? What would she do then? She did not want to leave them. Linriel especially had become a great friend to her. But... Senseless wonderings, that's all this is. Time to move on. Time to move forwards.

Merilwen stepped forwards so that she was standing in front of Linriel. "I'm ready to go." She grinned. "No use sitting around here forever. If we don't get moving it'll be next week before we go!"

Beriadanwen stood up slowly. "Agreed," she said simply, with a look of determination on her childish face.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Seeing the determination on Meri and Beri's faces gave Linriel renewed energy. She smiled at the pair. "You are right, young ones, we must make ready to leave." Bildarion stood and helped Linriel to her feet. "Yes," he said, "We must be on our way. Let us put out the fire, pack our belongings, and hasten to Imladris."

The small group quickly gathered their supplies and began to pack the horses. The horses seemed to sense they were going on a great adventure and began to stamp their feet and whinny. Linriel hugged Meldir's neck. "My friend, off we go again and this time, you will be pleased with our destination." She made certain her things were well tied and then looked for Bildarion. He was helping Eleniel with her pack and she smiled. What a strange turn of events that I would be friends with Eleniel only to find out she is Bildarion's daughter. What now, though? What lies ahead?

Everyone was packed and ready to leave. "Itarilde, since we are going to your home, why don't you start us off?" Linriel called.

She led Meldir to Meri and Beri. "Dear ones, I know you long to visit the great halls of Moria again. I think after Imladris, our next stop should be Moria." Before they had a chance to reply, Linriel mounted Meldir and urged him to the front of the group and joined Itarilde. "Let us be on our way."

[Edited on 02/03/2016 by Lindarielwen]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë saw how quickly the group came to life at the mention of moving. Apparently they all had itching feet. She went over to Silmë and began to tighten his saddle and straps, packed away anything that she had left by the campfire, and then finally fixed her hair back from her face.

"Itarildë, since we are going to your home, why don't you start us off?" Linriel called to her. Itarildë nodded in reply and quickly mounted Silmë in one bound, a well-practiced move.

"I'd be glad to." Itarildë responded, snapping Silmë's reins authoritatively. "We'll take the shorter route towards home. We shall follow the river Glanduin until it meets the Bruinen and from there we shall reach Imladris in no time."

Hirnaeranin pretended he wasn't tired by his journey that he was now having to double-back on, but nevertheless, he could at least now return to his warm bed and be surrounded by some form of civilization. He had longed to look upon the Falls of Imladris again for some time... maybe he could convince Itarildë to view them with him from the baclonies of Lord Elrond's halls... maybe.

----------------------------

Silmë's ears pricked up as the group neared Imladris. He could smell familiar horses and people, and he urged himself forward quicker, pulling himself and Ildë away from the company. Itarildë smiled to herself. She too was missing the warmth of her grandfather's voice and home, The Last Homely House. As the company drew nearer, Itarildë held her breath as she heard the familiar rush of the waterfalls, a sound she would never imagine she'd have missed.

She turned to the company and smiled openly, an event that only happened when Itarildë returned home after some time away. Silmë put one hoof at the beginning of the bridge across the Bruinen, his ears pricked back in excitement.

"Friends, let me welcome you to my home, Imladris." Itarildë knew some of them had visited before, but maybe they would view Rivendell differently, now they had members of Elrond's family and council among them. Turning back to the bridge, Ildë trotted past the same old Elven statues, towards home.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Acacia Took walked carefully down the long, steep winding path into the valley of Rivendell.  Tall pine trees surrounded her, appearing to reach far into the sky.   The sound of rapidly rushing water filled her ears. At some points, the descent was so steep that she had to slide down on her hands and feet, causing her to be very grateful for her choice to wear her brother's old knee breeches.

As soon as Acacia reached the bottom of the slope, she heard a clear feminine voice some way ahead.  She hurried after the sound.  When she reached the edge of the trees, she saw a narrow stone bridge flanked by large majestic statues.  A group of Big People, consisting mostly of Elves, was gathered on horseback nearby.  Acacia felt even smaller and younger than she usually did, and she hesitated, unsure as to whether she should approach the group or follow them from a distance. Eventually reason prevailed, as she realised that her footsteps would have announced her presence without any further action on her part. She stepped out from behind an oak tree and walked as calmly as she could along the path leading to the bridge, coming to a halt when she reached the riders.

"Mae govannen. Acacia Took, at your service," she said quietly.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel tried to take n the sights around her. She had visited the Valley of Imladris before, but each time, she discovered something new in its golden leaves and silver trunks. the whole valley radiated life and happiness, and gave off a sense of peace.

Their group had only just arrived when they heard a small, piping voice say, "Mae govannen. Acacia Took, at your service."

Eleniel turned quickly, eyes scanning for the voice she had heard. It took a moment for her to realize that the voice did not come directly at them; rather, it came from below.

She looked down. There, just above the height of her knee, was a Halfling.

Eleniel had encountered a Halfling only once in her wanderings before, and had found the company he provided delightful. They were mostly a friendly folk, and she certaintly hadn't heard of a Hobbit gone bad before.

"Welcome, traveler," she said. "It is well to make your acquaintance."

No matter how many people she met, Eleniel would never not be wary of strangers. Although she knew that the Halfling was most likely harmless, she couldn't allow herself to relax her guard just yet.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen smiled as Itarildë welcomed them to her home, and they crossed the bridge into Imladris.

Imladris! It was so beautiful! The buildings - or what she could see of them - were elegant but not unfriendly, as so many beautiful things are. There was light everywhere, and it sparkled on the water that ran here and there. The mountains were so beautiful to look at from here, but far enough away not to make Imladris cold. There was greenery too, around this - city? Town? Settlement? Beri wasn't sure of the word for such a place. But perhaps the word 'beautiful' would do, and she could leave it at that.

She was so busy twisting round in the saddle to look at everything that she didn't notice they had company until a voice made her jump slightly. The voice introduced itself as Acacia Took, and when Eleniel replied Beri followed the direction of her eyes to find the speaker.

She had seen some of the small folk before, in an inn in Bree, but never so far out of the Shire. She was surprised to see a Hobbit who wished to see the world beyond it's borders. However, she thought it would be rude to stare, so tried to look friendly rather than openly curious.

"Greetings. Do you know Imladris well? I don't suppose you know-"

"Beri!" her cousin reprimanded her. "Don't start throwing questions at her, you've barely said hello!" Then, to Acacia Took, "Hello, my name is Merilwen, and this is my cousin Beriadanwen." Meri smiled at the Hobbit then threw Beri a reproving look.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë smiled to herself as Meri and Beri introduced themselves to the hobbit before the group, but noted the off-note in Eleniel's tone and manner. She tried not to notice that this was very similar to her own character. with regards to strangers. Itarildë decided there was no point softening her frown, it would soon be back in place anyway.

So as not to make the halfling feel even smaller than she already was, Ildë jumped down from Silmë and offered her hand in greeting to the hobbit.

"Mae g'ovannen, Acacia. I am Itarildë, from the House of Elrond. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Hirnaeranin sniffed in greeting, but did not do much else, to which Itarildë decided to ignore. Maybe it was due to the long journey he had made since leaving Imladris. Before she could consider it for a longer time, she saw a familiar silhouette making its way towards the group.

"Well, if my eyes do not deceive me, I believe I shall be receiving a group of new guests in my home, courtesy of my granddaughter," came her grandfather's voice over the rush of the waterfalls.

Ildë bowed slightly then smiled up at Lord Elrond. "Grandfather, you're looking well."

"All the better for seeing you, Ildë-nin. Come, bring your company with you, we have ample food and supplies for all of you. Including you, my dear young hobbit." Elrond smiled down at Acacia, who seemed so small among the others. As he turned to go back towards his home, Elrond frowned deeply as he saw the male elf who he knew as Imrothon on a copper horse beside Itarildë's Silmë. Without saying a word, he bowed his head towards the rest of the company.

Itarildë turned to the others while taking hold of Silmë's reins. "Feel welcome to wander Imladris freely while we are here. If you need anything please ask, you're all more than welcome here. I'm sure there will be time for feasts and festivities later, but for now, I'm sure we can all agree that rest and recuperation is much needed!"

[Edited on 03/29/2016 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Imrothon rocked gently on Aira's back as they rode deeper into the valley. Although his outward appearance indicated he was enjoying the enchanted beauty of Imladris, he was inwardly stiff. The bold green leaves of early summer brushed their shoulders as if taking the burdens from the weary travelers and inviting them to rest in peace. But he would have no peace. Sunlight filtered through the trees and danced in the numerous waterfalls. Their offspring, the tiny rainbows, gleamed in clear sapphire pools. However, these did not please his eyes, and the melodic sounds of Rivendell mixed with the grating sounds of bad memories.

As they reached the bridge, the company slowed to a halt, the others admired the scenery as Imrothon wondered if it was too late to retreat.

"Mae govannen. Acacia Took, at your service"

Solemnly, Imrothon watched as the others introduced themselves to the halfling lass. He nodded his head to her politely before dismounting and holding Aira's reins. The copper horse snorted and nipped at his hair and the elf pushed his mount's nose away good-naturedly.

"Well, if my eyes do not deceive me, I believe I shall be receiving a group of new guests in my home, courtesy of my granddaughter."

Gulping, Imrothon looked up as the Lord of Rivendell approached. Biting his lip to keep his teeth from chattering, he stared impassively forward. He felt Lord Elrond's eyes on him and swung his gaze around to meet them. Silently he dared the elf lord to speak, to banish him or make him give up his weapons. He hoped the slight tremor in his hands was not noticeable as the realization dawned on him that he enjoyed being in this group, having their friendship. That glimmer of trust in Itarilde's eyes was not something he wanted to lose.
Surprising, Lord Elrond said nothing besides the mute judgement that passed through his eyes. Breathing a sigh of relief, Imrothon nodded at Itarilde as they started over the bridge.

[Edited on 03/30/2016 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel happily slid from Meldir's back and she stood next to Bildarion. "It is wonderful to be here again. I think all of us will benefit from the beauty and serenity of this wonderful place." Bildarion started to answer when they heard a small, sweet voice. They turned and beheld an individual neither had seen in quite a while. A Periannath! She was introducing herself and her curly brown hair caught the rays of the sun as they danced between the branches.

The two elves approached the newcomer who seemed to be right at home amongst the sights and sounds of Imladris. "Welcome, fair Hobbit," said Bildarion to the maid. Linriel wondered what brought Acacia to Imladris but thought it would be impolite to ask. "Greetings, Acacia. Imladris is a most welcoming realm." she said.

All were quiet as Lord Elrond approached and bid everyone welcome. Meldir gave a snort and began to walk down the path. Linriel hoped to spend a quiet visit, unlike the last time she was here, looking for Bildarion. As if hearing her thoughts, BIldarion took her hand. "It would be wonderful if we can enjoy ourselves here. There are so many beautiful places and I know you will especially enjoy the library." he said. Linriel smiled at the thought of the library. "Yes, let us enjoy our time here. Perhaps this is just the respite we need."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, let us enjoy our time here. Perhaps this is just the respite we need."

Eleniel watched as her father and Linriel looked at each other, and she couldn't help but feel a twinge of awkwardness. She politely excused herself and stepped off away from the rest of the company, closely observing the foliage and leaves of Imladris. She touched her belt and recalled all of the healing herbs and seeds that her friend Maldor had given her. She had used a few of them, and the lightness of the pouch made her worry. Before she went inside, she would have to gather up a few more plants.

Having been in Rivendell before, she knew exactly where she could find what she was looking for. She knew that bayberry grew in the darker forests around the Elven refuge. Eleniel ran her fingertips over waxy leaves on a vine that snaked across a pillar. Perhaps she could wait. It would appear rude to simply walk back out into the woods again. She looked up a set of stairs, inlaid with a pearl-like gem, slipping through the stone like veins.

[Edited on 04/02/2016 by findemaxam48]
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Acacia watched with amusement as two of the Elves were visibly startled by her arrival and one of them stared around cautiously before finally looking down and noticing her. However, she schooled her features when the Elf returned her greeting while regarding Acacia slightly suspiciously.

"Thank you. A star shines upon the hour of our meeting," said Acacia to the Elf, inclining her head respectfully.

She then smiled more broadly at the two Elves sharing a horse, who had introduced themselves as Merilwen and Beriadanwen. "I am glad to meet you both," she said. "As I have only left the Shire for the first time, I do not know Imladris well at all. In fact, it was very difficult for me to find the valley. What don't you suppose I know, Beriadanwen?"

Before Beriadanwen was able to answer, a tall Elf with elaborately braided hair dismounted from her horse to be closer to the hobbit's eye level. Acacia appreciated the gesture and she smiled warmly as she reached up to take the Elf's hand.

"I am pleased to meet you too, Itarildë," she replied sincerely.

As Acacia surveyed the other Elves, she noticed one who did not appear quite at his ease. Their eyes met and they nodded politely to each other. Acacia gave the Elf a friendly smile, although she knew that her reassurance would likely mean little to him. She wondered what was troubling him and whether she could be of any help.

An Elf-lord with pale blonde hair and an Elf-maiden with bright turquoise eyes soon approached Acacia together and added their greetings to those of the group.

"Thank you," said Acacia. "I hope I will have a chance to explore this area and learn more about the world around us."

Just as she finished speaking, Acacia heard a deep musical voice coming from the other side of the bridge. She walked further along the river and saw an Elf who bore a striking resemblance to Itarildë. He appeared to be older than the other Elves she had met and was soon revealed to be Itarildë's grandfather. As he welcomed the group, Acacia hypothesised that the noble-looking Elf was Elrond, the Lord of Rivendell himself. Perhaps she could ask Itarildë later. Nevertheless, she listened attentively and bowed respectfully when he turned his attention to her. She then followed the Elves to the Last Homely House, continuing to marvel at the natural beauty and the breathtaking architecture surrounding her.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë followed her grandfather, glancing at Imrothon as she started to move, holding Silmë's reins loosely. She couldn't help but notice the barely-there but very present animosity between Lord Elrond and Imrothon. Did the two know one another? Silently, she moved forward, her Half-Elven frown well in place. She looked over at Linriel and Bildarion, who seemed to be getting on well. She almost ignored the distrust that welled in her when she looked at the blonde elf, but it just wouldn't budge. She wondered if Eleniel had similar issues surrounding her father.

Hirnaeranin had been half-asleep when Lord Elrond had arrived on the scene, but even he hadn't missed the suspicion in the Elf Lord's eyes. Apparently, the newcomer was trouble. He mentally decided he needed to keep Itarildë away from Imrothon as much as he could, without seeming to impose. How he would manage that was another problem entirely... She hadn't exactly welcomed his company since he'd arrived. He rode ahead, and when he drew level with Lord Elrond, he dismounted to speak quietly with him.

"My Lord, may I have a word?"

-----------------------

Itarildë walked alongside Acacia. She wanted to ask the hobbit questions, but for some reason, her old nature came back to her like a curse, keeping the frown on her face and the words from being spoken. Eventually, she managed one question: "So what brings you to Rivendell, Acacia?"

She hoped she didn't sound like she was straining to talk. That was all she needed. She looked to Imrothon, but wondered why. He wasn't exactly talkative either, but Itarildë wanted the two newcomers to feel welcome, both in the company and in her home.

-----------------------

Elrond looked back to his granddaughter and her new companions. She seemed happy, but he would have to speak alone with Imrothon. He needed to make sure the rumours he'd heard weren't true. Elrond half-listened to Hirnaeranin, but soon lost interest. In all honesty, he was tired. He'd not slept as well since Itarildë had left. Maybe now she was home, he would find a peaceful sleep.

[Edited on 04/06/2016 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Acacia noticed Itarildë dropping back to walk beside her, and she quickened her pace slightly to keep up with the Elf's long strides. She paused to think before answering Itarildë's question.

"Ever since I was a child, I have heard stories about the world outside the Shire.  It seemed to be full of wonderful places and people, and I hoped to see and learn about them for myself.  I had decided to go on my first adventure when I come of age, and I thought that Rivendell would be a good place to start, as it is not very far away and I can take the East Road.  Perhaps I'll have some stories of my own to tell when I go home."

They walked in silence for a while, and Acacia stared in wonder at the Last Homely House, as it slowly took shape out of the trees.  When the group arrived at a wide stone staircase, her gaze landed again on Itarildë's grandfather, and she remembered that she intended to ask Itarildë about him.  However, as soon as she started speaking, more and more questions entered her mind.

"Itarildë, is your grandfather Lord Elrond?" she began.  "Have you lived in Rivendell all your life?  What is it like here?  Do you have any favourite places?"
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë's frown softened as she heard Acacia speak of the Shire, and her desire for adventure, she almost, almost fully smiled at the hobbit. They continued to walk in a comfortable silence, which Itarildë instantly appreciated from the hobbit, until Acacia suddenly began to ask questions.

"Itarildë, is your grandfather Lord Elrond?" Acacia asked. "Have you lived in Rivendell all your life? What is it like here? Do you have any favourite places?"

Itarildë looked bemused, then held up a hand. "Hold on Acacia," she laughed. "I can only answer one question at a time!"

She looked over at her grandfather and the Half-Elven frown replaced her softened expression, however it wasn't an unfriendly frown.

"Yes, Lord Elrond is my grandfather. I am the daughter of one of his twin sons, Elrohir. As for my home, I should say that yes, I have always called Rivendell my home, however, there have been periods of time when I have left, for adventure, or... well... other reasons, I suppose. When you get as old as we elves do, a change is always nice, now and again."

Itarildë slowed her pace immensely, so as to give the hobbit a rest from trying to keep up, then pointed to various places she remembered in her childhood. She told Acacia of the waterfalls and the tree groves where she had spent so many years watching, drawing and practising her archery. Then she spoke of Lord Elrond's library, and how she loved its warmth and the smell of old books.

-----------------------

Hirnaeranin soon realised Lord Elrond was not listening to him and fell into silence. He then excused himself from the elder's company, and made his way towards the suspicious newcomer. He decided it was now or never to speak his mind while Itarildë was distracted, and wouldn't hear them.

"I'm not one to usually judge another without knowing him, but whatever your game is, keep away from Itarildë. She's been through enough in her lifetime, and I won't see her suffer more."

Hirnaeranin tried to appear threatening, which usually given his height, wasn't difficult, however something about Imrothon showed the elf was unafraid of him.

"She trusts you, and that is something worth treasuring, as she is slow to trust others. Break that trust, and you'll answer to me, and presumably to the others in this company."

[Edited on 05/07/2016 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
A stately Elf hurried to Bildarion as he began to tether his and Linriel's horses. He handed Bildarion a small scroll and upon reading it, a look of dispair crossed his face and he turned to Linriel.

"Linriel, I have been summoned to Mirkwood and must leave now. I cannot bear to leave you yet again. Come with me. Come with me"

It took only a moment for Linriel to answer. "Yes, I will go with you."

After hasty farewells, the two Elves rode off towards Mirkwood.

[Edited on 06/09/2016 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"What don't you suppose I know, Beriadanwen?"

Beri waited a moment before replying, and found that the hobbit was now talking to Itarildë. She would have to leave her inquiries until later. A noble-looking elf who must surely be Lord Elrond approached the group, and they all ventured further into Rivendell.

Where is he? In one of these buildings? Walking in the trees down there? Somewhere else entirely? Wherever is my brother?

Meri noticed the way that her cousin was nervously fiddling with the hem of her tunic, and took her hand. "It's alright. We'll find him. And for now why don't we look around this lovely place?"

Rivendell seemed so full of light. The structures that she could see were pale in colour and caught the sunlight beautifully.

Another elf came up to them, and suddenly it seemed that both Bildarion and Linriel would be leaving. The cousins said a quick goodbye, then stood there in surprise as they found that, with no warning at all, they had lost their travelling companion of the last while. The friend who had been with them the longest. But she will come back. I am sure that we will cross paths with both of them again. Even if it is far from here, in a long-distant time. This is not goodbye, just a farewell until then.

[Edited on 09/08/2016 by wolfbladequeen]
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Acacia listened eagerly as Itarildë answered her questions, and she soon found herself looking in all directions to see where the Elf was pointing. As she admired the scenery, she tried to imagine a younger Itarildë under the waterfalls and in the tree groves. The idea of a young Elf was difficult for Acacia to envision, as the Elves surrounding her seemed somehow young and old at the same time.

"Unfortunately, I shall never get as old as the Elves do," she said with a sad smile. "All I can do is experience as much as I can in the short time that I have."

As she and Itarildë lapsed again into a thoughtful silence, Acacia noticed that Beriadanwen was peering anxiously around the forest, as if she were searching for something. Acacia wondered if this was what Beriadanwen was going to ask her about, and she hoped that she would soon have a chance to talk to the cousins again.

"I'd like to visit Lord Elrond's library sometime," said Acacia after a while. "I like reading very much, as well as enjoying the beauty of the books themselves. We have a library back home too, at Great Smials."

While she was describing hobbit-holes to Itarildë, Acacia heard a masculine voice speaking quite forcefully in Elvish. She paused slightly when she heard Itarildë's name, and glanced at her with a questioning frown, unsure if she had heard correctly.

Lord Elrond eventually led the group to a stable, filled with rows of tall, majestic horses of many different colours and patterns. The Elves were soon busily settling their horses into empty stalls, while Acacia stood and watched, delighting in the feeling of straw between her toes. A set of striking blue hooves caught her eye, and she looked up to watch the immensely tall blonde-haired Elf begin to tether a high-spirited black horse.

There was then a rumble of rapidly approaching hooves, and a well-dressed, though dusty Wood-elf ran into the stable, heading directly for the stall where the blonde-haired Elf and the turquoise-eyed Elf-maid were standing. After an urgent conversation, the two Elves led their horses back out of their stalls, exchanged some final words with their companions and galloped away, their hair streaming behind them like gold and silver glittering in the sun.

Meanwhile, the stable was silent, apart from the sounds of the horses. The Elves stood still, staring after the departing riders in various states of astonishment and sadness. Acacia felt very out of place, unable to share in their sense of loss.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Imrothon leaned against a tree in deep thoughts. He was uncomfortable here and felt the urge to run away. Hadn't he before? Two others of their company had left already. Why couldn't he?

Deciding against running again, Imrothon moved silently through the trees closer to the others. Perhaps socializing wouldn't hurt. After Five years of training a little practice would be good. Or at least that was the excuse he made for approaching Itarildë.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë felt a small pang of unfamiliar sadness as she watched Linriel and Bildarion ride away on their horses into the distance. She had a feeling she would never see the two elves again, but in her heart, she felt they would be eternally happy together. Despite her initial dislike of Biladrion, Itarildë knew he truly cared for her friend. "Márienna melda heri." A small smile broke out on her face, before she forced her frown back onto her features. For some reason, she felt if her character softened, it would make her appear weak to the others, though she was unsure why this would be a problem for her.

As she turned around, she saw Acacia looking at Hirnaeranin in an odd way, before turning back towards her, looking confused. Shrugging off the gesture, Itarildë nodded in greeting as she saw Imrothon approach them, quiet as always and deep in thought it would seem.

Remembering what Acacia had been speaking of before Linriel's unexpected departure, Itarildë looked towards her grandfather and smiled. "If you are interested in my grandfather's library, I would be happy to take you there once we've all eaten. I don't know about you, but I believe my stomach needs appeasing before I go anywhere else!"

-------------------------

Hirnaeranin was incredulous at Imrothon ignoring his warning. Maybe he hadn't been forceful enough... or the elf just wasn't scared of him. Either way, he wondered what to do, considering the elf had then proceeded to go towards Itarildë, who'd for once was not at odds with this stranger, as was her usual way. He waited until they'd all begun to make their way towards the banquet hall, before he grabbed the hobbit's elbow.

"I need you to keep an eye on Imrothon for me. It would be wise if we were loathe to trust him. I feel Lord Elrond is wary of him..."
Image Image
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"You grew up here?" Imrothon asked Itarildë. He looked thoughtfully around, admiring the beauty of the place. His time at the Grey Havens had taught him to appreciate beautiful things. What it would have been like to grow up in such a place? Perhaps if he had grown up here things would be different. But no, things were as they had turned out to be.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 09/11/2016 by Cenor]
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, please," Acacia said gratefully to Itarildë. "In all my excitement, I had completely forgotten how hungry I was!"

Acacia followed the Elves as they filed out of the stable and along another wooded path. Suddenly, she gasped as a large strong hand gripped her elbow and pulled her aside. She twisted around and found herself staring into the intense gaze of an Elf with long dark hair and a black-jewelled earring. When he began to speak, Acacia noticed that his voice sounded familiar. This had to be the Elf who was talking about Itarildë while they were in the forest.

"Who is Imrothon?" she asked in bewilderment. "Why do you need me to keep an eye on him? If Lord Elrond were wary of him, wouldn't he be watched by someone in his household, or maybe Lord Elrond himself?"

[Edited on 09/18/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
<< First4950515253
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email