Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favorite Song(s) from the movies?
on: August 22, 2013 07:22
Did anyone else love a specific music piece from the movies? I love the combination of "Eowyns Theme" and "King of the Golden Hall".
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
MegilwenBraigroch
Council Member
Send Message
I really like 'In Dreams' and 'Concerning Hobbits' as well as the combination you mentioned. I love being able to play all the songs from the three movies!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
As do I! This is sort of unrelated, but I saw on Amazon that they have a book of sheet music for all three movies.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My choice will be "Misty Mountains Cold"...from The Hobbit. I hope we get to hear more of it in the movies to come. I will always love that song.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I also loved the Misty Mountains song! It felt very timeless and very Dwarvish, and I liked the key of the song.

I own the LOTR soundtracks for the 1st and 2nd movies, and my favorite songs are "Concerning Hobbits," "The Breaking of the Fellowship," "Isengard Unleashed" and "May it Be." And lots more that I can't think of right now.

We have also been fortunate enough to have copies of the orchestral sheet music for the 1st and 2nd movies as well, and me and my siblings along with Findemaxam really enjoy playing it as a quartet in family gatherings. The first time I brought the music home, and we tried playing the 4 parts together, it was as if we were suddenly in Middle Earth. After the first 5 measures, all of us stopped suddenly and looked at each other in silence. We all got the shivers from it. It was amazing.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Can i borrow the second CD from you sometime. lotrelessar? And if I didnt tell you before, you can call me Maxie
LetsTalkArda
Council Member
Send Message
Post Lothlorien.
on: September 11, 2013 11:03
The Lorien theme is my favorite! I love the sindar elves culture.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I love Lothlorien too!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My sister and I, the other day, worked out a beautiful rendition of King of the Golden Hall to play on our violins. Of course!
aran_an_gondor
Council Member
Send Message
Misty Mountains Cold is quite impressive, It's now part of my favourites. It sounds like if it was composed ages ago by a group of dwarves in some old and mysterious underground cave haha
mjg43
Council Member
Send Message
In the Hobbit I really liked the song 'An adventure begins' and 'Misty Mountains cold.
In the LOTR I really liked 'the black rider and the uruk-hai (I like those because I can play them on piano)
Golden_Leaves
Council Member
Send Message
Ugg, you guys have listened to Hobbit soundtrack!! I only have the LotR ones right now, I need to get me those new ones . . . *stalking*

My favorite song from the LotR movies is a tie between Isengard Unleashed and Into the West. They are really beautiful though.
Image Image
Silmelirie
Council Member
Send Message
From the LotR trilogy my favorite song is "Into The West" for it's lyrics and melody, and "Lothlórien" because I like the singing, and it's elvish!

From the Hobbit trilogy (so far) is "Misty Mountains", of course, and the fact that it was recorded by the dwarf cast itself makes it more special. And also "Feast of Starlight" such beautiful melody.
~*You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if hope has flown away In a night, or in a day, In a vision, or in none, Is it therefore the less gone? All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream.*~
ImageImageImage
heidiabc123
Council Member
Send Message
My favorite is Gollum's Song. Ah, it is just plain beautiful! I love the lyrics. I also how there is a underlying undertone of fear, under the tone of sadness. I can't wait till my senior year of high school! Then, I'll be able to sing it for my choir solo!

I also really like A thunder Battle! It has my favorite instrument in it! (Which I play, by the way!) Plenty of percussion!
The doctor of middle-earth, the wizard on board the Enterprise, and the deducer in the Hunger games
Eowyn Shieldmaiden
Council Member
Send Message
My favorite songs are Concerning Hobbits, The Breaking of the Fellowship, Dreaming of Bag End, and Feast of Starlight.
If more of us valued home above gold, it would be a merrier world.
Maltaquesse Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I can't chose! I love Lothlorien, The Passing of the Elves, Elendil's Oath, Far Over the Misty Mountains.... Pretty much everything...
mythryl
Council Member
Send Message
I love “Concerning Hobbits” seing as though I can play it on piano.
“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future” - Lady Galadriel
BraggySwaggy
Council Member
Send Message
I will always love Enya's "May It Be". I mean it's so beautiful! So are the others.
Vilyanon
Council Member
Send Message
My two favorites are "Into the West" and "May It Be." The scene where Frodo leaves to go into the west was very moving to me. Can you imagine what it would have been like if they had had Annie singing the first verse and chorus of "Into the West" as the ship left? THAT would have been awesome!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
All in all, each musical piece was absolutely gorgeous, and a lot of thought went into each note.
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
I'm torn between "I See Fire" and the Lonely mountain extended song at the end of the "Unexpected Journey"
Lothriel
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
Also love May It Be
Lothriel
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I'm guessing "Song of the Lonely Mountain", if that's the song the Dwarves sing at bag end. In my opinion it has a nice dirge-like quality fitting Norse Dwarves and those of JRRT (and perhaps Beowulf), though PJ's portrayal of the Dwarves leaves much to be desired - hello? These are among the grimmest, toughest warriors in Middle-earth!!!
Strider5
Council Member
Send Message
I love May It Be by Enya. It moves me in a very powerful way. I feel like it really fits into the movies well.
Lady Luthien
Council Member
Send Message
I like flight to the ford/the bridge of Kazad-dum/Council of Elrond
dkm
Council Member
Send Message
Post sdgsd
on: April 14, 2018 07:49
<a href="http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/behind-the-scenes-this-video-of-christopher-lee-shooting-for-the-hobbit-will-warm-your-heart-2292946.html" target="_blank"> this </a>

[Edited on 04/15/2018 by dkm]
Ameriel
Council Member
Send Message
Breaking Of The Fellowship (the o.s.t. version but the end titles version is very good also)
^^
'But wherever I came it was ever the same: the feet fled, and all was still; never a greeting, only the fleeting pipes, voices, horns on the hill.' // http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/amaery/
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favourite Song
on: June 14, 2018 05:57
I absolutely love the music during the Charge of the Rohirrim at Pelennor and also when the Fellowship are leaving Rivendell!!!!
It is sooooo Beautiful
KalyanKrishna
Council Member
Send Message
I love Good Life from Fast and Furious 8
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
The Sacrifice of Faramir

[Edited on 08/03/2020 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
FluffyTheFriendlyUrukHai
Council Member
Send Message
There are so many good ones!
From the LotR trilogy, I think my favorites are: Concerning Hobbits, the Rivindel theme, and May it be. Edge of night is pretty too.
I generally refuse to acknowledge the Hobbit movies, but they do have good music. My favorites are: the adventure begins, the last goodbye, and far over the misty mountains. (If you want to hear the whole song, YouTube "Clamavi De Profundus far over the misty mountains cold" they do a lot of really good ones!)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email