Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post Dear Diary ..... Tolkienverse Version
on: August 26, 2013 10:25
This premise of this thread is pretty simple and will appeal to the truly creative amongst us. Choose a character (elf, dwarf, man, creature from any of Tolkien's works) and write a brief diary entry by that character. The following entry can be a continuation of the previous one, or totally unrelated; it's up to you.

Have fun with it but remember you have to follow the sites rules, although Tolkien's canon is open to interpretation.

Sample:

Dear Diary,

Whatever possessed me to accept a ride behind that daft elf! I've fallen off numerous times and all he does is laugh. I blame my short legs; I have difficulty sitting astride the darn animal.

Gimli
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
I like this idea for a thread. I've always imagined Frodo keeping a journal during his adventure, so here's his first entry. Please let me know if it's too long!

Dear Diary,

The day of our birthday dawned fair and clear and ended with the high, bright stars casting their silver light over the Shire. I lingered outside to watch them while all the others have gone off to bed in the spare bedrooms and now I alone am still awake. How peaceful and sleepy and safe Hobbiton looks! I suppose I had hoped for some counsel from the stars, but if they have speech, I do not hear nor understand it. I sit at the kitchen table writing this ~ all is quiet now except for Fatty's thunderous snoring that has nearly set my crockery to rattling in the cupboards. The racket shouldn't breach my bedroom door, but it has sealed my decision to send him ahead to Crickhollow with Merry.

Frodo
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
No, it's fine!

Dear Diary,

I don't know why Frodo keeps complaining about my snoring. I DO NOT SNORE ..... contrary to what he says. If I did, I'm sure I would hear it. I see he was up all night again staring a them stars. I don't know what goes on in the mind of his, but he sometimes seems a bit addle-pated. He says he's going to go travelling like Bilbo, but I don't believe it. Why would any Hobbit want to leave the Shire?

Fatty
LinweSingollo
Send Message
Dear Diary,

My mind has been humming like a hive of bees. If I laid all my thoughts end on end they would reach all the way to Bilbo in Rivendell. Indeed, he has been on my mind all evening. I don't know if I shall be able to sort them all, but I will try to record a little of them here. Tomorrow I shall be leaving Bag End as planned ~ perhaps for good. For many years I have longed to wander and see lands beyond our borders, yet my heart aches to leave my friends and familiar home. Never had I imagined that I would be forced to realize my dream under such dark circumstances.

Teased Fatty about his snoring, which he adamantly denies. Still, he's a stout fellow in a pinch.

Frodo
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Frodo left this morning to return home and prepare for his journey. I can't believe he's actually going to do it! Mind you, those Bagginses are a strange lot. Nice to know, but you wouldn't want to spend too much time with them in case some of their ideas take hold. I wish him well and we parted on good terms.

Fatty

[Edited on 08/28/2013 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
LinweSingollo
Send Message
Dear Diary,

More packing. Merry and Fatty off to Crickhollow with my things. Still no Gandalf. The S~B's showed up after lunch with pages of inventory even though the sale doesn't take effect until midnight. Bother! I have my own list of choice names for them, but I managed to bite my tongue as Lobelia and her shiftless son pawed my things and poked into all my corners. I'll be glad to see the back of them and all my nosy, prying neighbors. I'm sick of them all. Left a nice pile of breakfast plates with dried egg on them for Lobelia to wash up. Spent a quarter of an hour in front of the wardrobe wondering if I ought to wear my middling-good waistcoat for traveling. I'm certain I'll forget to pack something I'll want later. Tense discussion with S. about leaving the beer in the cellar.

Frodo
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary

I am planning on leaving Valinor for good, Aule is a good teacher but he doesn’t allow me to do anything around here its like he is holding me back also that Curumo is always getting in my way.
Melkor came to me the other day and has offered me an apprenticeship and I have accepted his offer, I do not think that the Valar would even care that I am gone.

Sauron
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Well, I've finally got a new apprentice to replace that blasted cat, Tevildo! I see he's calling himself the "Prince of Cats" now! As if. I note that since he left, the sand in my Zen garden has been pristine so all his posturing was a lie. I hope this new one doesn't have any odd habits.

Melkor
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary

Tomorrow is Sméagol's birthday and we are both going out for some fishing
on the Gladden River. I like going fishing also I hope Sméagol likes the present I got for him

Deagol

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

What an exciting day I had! Déagol and I went fishing and we found this really cool ring. I wanted him to give it to me for my birthday, but he refused. Unfortunately, he fell backward, striking his head on a rock, thus killing himself. I've got the ring well hidden so nobody can take it away from me. Odd thing though, I'm beginning to lisp my "es" .... not sure why.

Sméagol
LinweSingollo
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Later ~ Writing by the light of campfire and starfire. Both S. and P. are sound asleep. S. found us a dry camp in a patch of firs in Woody-End and then a frugal dinner of roasted potatoes and apples given to us by S.'s Gaffer. Somehow, S. managed to snaffle a small keg of beer and stow into his pack. I scolded him, but we drank the beer. Too tired myself for more than a few notes. I've gotten flabby and out of shape as P. has all too often been eager to point out.

Made my private farewell to Hobbiton. I wonder if I shall ever look into that valley again.

Frodo
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

My Orcs have brought me word that the Ring has been located in the hands of some riddled creature. I have sent a party out to find it, but who know where it could be now. Hopefully he can be captured and I can get my Ring back.

Sauron.
LinweSingollo
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Woke with a stiff neck and a hole in my back from sleeping on tree roots. Had a nasty dream about the S~B's using my beautiful feather beds. Selling them was done in a weak moment and now I regret it, though I had no other offers. They were handed down to me by my grandmother Mirabella Took. May their foot hair drop off if they get so much as a stain on them.

Frodo
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

The Witch King has advised me that the Ring is now in the hands of a Hobbit and is on its way to Imladris. If Elrond gets hold of it, I will be really, really, really angry. I will send the rest of the Nazgûl to track it down.

Sauron
LinweSingollo
Send Message
Dear Diary,

P. has been chattering non-stop this morning as well as being bossy and impertinent to my gardener, so I gave him a quick lesson in morning courtesy by way of a sound knock, sending him arse over teakettle. I'm fond of the lad but I wish I had sent him ahead with Merry and Fatty. Can't stand for much talk before breakfast. Felt better after a bracing wash in a nearby fall. Even better after breakfast of bacon and poached eggs. I asked S. how he managed to carry eggs this far without cracking. "I rolled them up snug in your spare set of smallclothes, sir," S. said, as though it ought to have been perfectly obvious. I knew I had forgotten to pack something. I wonder what else I've forgotten.

Frodo
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

The Nazgûl aren't having any luck retrieving the Ring. I don't why they're so incompetent. You would think after all these years they'd having search and seizure down to a fine art. I spoke to His Royal-pain the Witch-King about it and he got quite short with me. If he weren't an insubstantial bit of nothing ... ah, well I dream, don't I?

Sauron
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary

Firstly I am amazed that I can write. Well anyway I was having a nice sleep up until I was woken up by Dwarves who were digging to loudly looking for gems and now I can't get back to sleep. I am going to kick them out

Balrog
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Dear Diary

Out today with the guys, patrolling and stuff. I saw something by the side of the highway and picked it up. Turned out to be a dead hedgehog. Yuk! Not doing that again in a hurry.

Faramir
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

We picked up a dead hedgehog just before we came upon a couple of Hobbits and a ... well, I'm not sure what. I threatened to use the hedgehog on him? it? but the Boss wasn't too happy with the suggestion. He's such a stickler for following the rules. I wish he'd let loose now and again.

Ithilien Ranger #45
LinweSingollo
Send Message
Deary Diary,

First indication that this is not a mere walking holiday. As we were walking along, (on a calm day, mind you) leaves on road began to get all swirly. Black stranger riding a black horse spotted on the road. Hid out of sight as I had no desire to be seen by anyone. Black clothing and swirly leaves are always a sure sign of Villains. Any sensible hobbit knows that.

Frodo

[Edited on 09/22/2013 by LinweSingollo]
tarcolan
Send Message
Dearest Diary, my confidant

We had some visitors and although they were a bit boring and ate all our food I was very angry with T for sending them off to the barrow downs. No it wasn't funny at all. I made him go after them. He came back all apologetic. Gave me a lovely brooch. I almost felt like forgiving him until he told me where he'd got it. Yeurgh! How creepy is that? Well someone's sleeping in the spare room tonight and it won't be me.

Goldberry
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I don't know why I keep this diary. I really don't have anything to write about, except the mind-numbing boredom that is the Void. I do wish I could figure out a way to get through the Gates of Night. Then I could see what that apprentice of mine has been up to these past centuries.

Morgoth
tarcolan
Send Message
Dear Diary

Saw Melkypoos today. He looked really bored. I thought of suggesting a game of I Spy but...not much point really. Curse that Bombadil casting me beyond the Doors of Night. How come he gets to do stuff like that? Not fair. Weirdo.

Barrow wight
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Some cheeky Barrow-wight wanted my to play I Spy with him. I gave him a flea in his ear to go along with the others on his flea infested corpse, and told him to make himself scarce. Now, that I've had time to reconsider my impetuosity, I think I should have taken him up on it. Perhaps he could have spied something with his crusty eye that could have been of use in breaking out of this place.

Morgoth
Huin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary:

I cannot believe I lost Mithrandir. As far as I could tell, he was cached quite cozily on the roof and would remain there indefinitely. That miscreant has the most fortuitous dumb luck. Wasn't he supposed to be the least, or at any rate the last, of our order? He didn't even want to come on this ridiculous errand to begin with.

I seem to have fibbed to the Nine. This means I'll need to fib to Sauron all the more. Just as long as I can avoid that bloody palantír...yet it's like an addiction, summoning me compulsively toward it...

Speaking of which, I could do with some pipeweed right about now.

Saruman
Image ImageRealm of Vairë, Corrupted faction
LinweSingollo
Send Message
Hurrah! new participants! The more, the merrier! I think we need a Gandalf diary in here.

Dear Diary,

We continued on to Woodhall but stayed off the road, with an ear cocked for hoofbeats behind us. Took rest and a light meal in the hollow of an ancient oak. The whole affair has unsettled me, especially the sniffing. Badly wanted my pipe but didn't want to risk the smoke. S. pulled out his old noddy board and pegs and he and P. proceeded to have a game while I tried to recall some walking songs to steady my nerves. An argument arose concerning the doubtful handling of dealt cards and and there were sharp questions over the placement of pegs. I was forced to intervene to quiet them. S. glaring daggers at P. We'll travel again at twilight.

Frodo
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary

Sauron was calling himself the King of man but we showed him. My armies and I sailed to Umbar and marched onto Mordor and the coward's armies ran away and instead of fighting the coward surrendered. We are bringing him back to Numenor as a prisoner. No one will ever stand in the way of me the Greatest King of Numenor.

Ar-Pharazôn
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I finally found the mislaid Palantír so I can start watching what's happening in the "real" world. I'm anxious to see how the minions of darkness are faring. Since I have a few of them floating around here, I may be able to figure out a way to reconstitute them into forms they can use if I manage to send them back into the world. Besides, it should relieve some of the boredom.

*Later the same day*

Well, I took a quick peek and there's some Ainur with a Palantír contacting my former Lieutenant who seems to have developed delusions of grandeur. Mind you, I had a good laugh; it's pretty hard to look threatening when you're just an eye.

Morgoth

[Edited on 09/29/2013 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
tarcolan
Send Message
Dear Diary

Another boring day and guess what? Nobody stole the tree- again. I mean who's going to steal a dead tree? It's only good for firewood. But a job's a job I guess. Day off tomorrow. Think I'll go fishing if I can get past the hosts of Mordor.

Guard of the White Tree.
Huin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Hurrah! We've been waiting to move in on that white tree for generations. Finally we were granted our chance, as one of the ever-present guards strangely failed to show up at his post. There may be no king in Gondor, but there is a queen right under the noses of the very guards.

The Exalted Queen Termite
Image ImageRealm of Vairë, Corrupted faction
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

The entire Guard had to be called out on dereliction of duty charges this morning. Not only was the White Tree stolen from under their very noses, but a termite colony was discovered living in the root system. No wonder the blasted tree died .... it really wasn't my fault; although, everybody whispers behind my back that I killed it.

Denethor
tarcolan
Send Message
Dear Diary

I found this bottle of Acme Tree Killer in Denethor's cupboard. I know I should tell someone but who? Also a boxed set of Sesame Street. Weird. If you ask me he's one sandwich short of a picnic.

Beregond
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary.

That arrogant Elven Princeling had the nerve to ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up. Doesn't he know that we Dwarves don't get any taller, maybe I should ask him if he has a favourite tree that he hugs in Mirkwood.

Gimli

[I apologise if this post offends anyone]

[Edited on 10/08/2013 by Lord_Sauron]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I don't know why Gimli was so short with me. He seems to think I'm making fun of his size. Well I am, but that's not the point. The point is I just find things a bit slow and I'm restless. Father says I have ADHD; whatever that is. I never could sit still long enough to learn all those rune thingys he tried to cram into my skull.

Legolas

[Edited on 10/08/2013 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
tarcolan
Send Message
Dear Diary

Finally got rid of the little squirt. I'd have thought he would've calmed down some in the past 1500 years but nooo, same as ever, buzzing about like a demented wasp. So I sent him on a 'quest' with a satisfyingly high likelihood that he won't return. I hope the rest of the Fellowship can handle him. I felt bad about it- for about three seconds! Aaah, peace.

Thranduil
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email