Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Huldah, as Arveleg said, go ahead and join if you so wish to!

So Eldarion hasn't responded at all. Hmm. Yes, this RP has progressed quite further along, and it definitely seems that we are going to be leaving Osgiliath soon. Let's figure out where we're actually going to go, and then we will set up a new thread as needed.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Join us! I am sure you will be just great at it!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
HuldahMaria,

There is no such thing as not being good enough. Don’t sell yourself short. It would be great if you joined in as I’m sure you’ll fit in well. Read the posts, create a character, post a character bio thingy here when you think up one, and work your character into the setting in your first post!

I’m still having issues logging in at home so I wrote a post last night and will post it now from my work computer.
My apologies in advance that it is a rather long one. Makes up for being out a while?
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
... and I'll have to tweak my written post before posting to accomidate Lady Scarlett's post.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
It sounds really nice Arveleg! And Hulda, it would be wonderful if you wjoin us!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It does look nice! I was just wondering, at the point we are at now...is it daylight, or still night? I got so involved with the story that I lost track of that.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, wow! I'm speechless to see 'Fog of Osgiliath' already at 43 replies. Many thanks to all of you who have revived this thread in my absence! Many apologies to Ella and wolfbladequeen for the abandonment! I thought the thread had died long ago and simply forgot to check back often enough!

Certainly glad that everyone decided to jump in rather than wait for my reply. I've skimmed over the new posts and have gotten a general idea of what is happening and I see Scarlett and Khaloch are already hinting at leaving Osgiliath! This is good, because I have been considering possible ways to give the story a nudge and begin the plot...

PLAGUE. I mentioned this earlier and at the time it was but an inkling in my brain. Now that I feel like your characters have definitely established their discontent with Osgiliath or past lives or other issues, all we need now is to give us all a swift kick in the rear to set us going. To be specific, pneumonic plague (Middle-earth equivalent). I don't want to get into anything too graphic, so this seems to be a good choice. It affects the lungs and the symptoms aren't stomach churning. The science can be left out, but we'll assume that it may be related to the colonization of Mordor. Perhaps it was first transmitted there and spread through trade routes? This would certainly work towards my idea of having it spread via incoming ships. I don't want it to be too instantaneous, that way our characters have time to be introduced to the disease, become skeptical, give the plague time to spread, and finally make it quite clear that we need to leave.

Any objections or ideas? You all have clearly inherited this thread, so I don't want to bounce back in without addressing everyone's concerns and I need all the input I can get!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That sounds good! It's definitely a good incentive to leave the city, as well, so it sounds like a plan.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I went ahead and posted because I was itching to get back into the story. If everyone decides they aren't in support of the plague idea, it isn't too late to turn back! I only introduced it with a bit of coughing!

Hope no one minds me making it dusk. I decided since I didn't see anything specifically saying what time of day it was, dusk seemed like a good option. HAPPY POSTING.

[Edited on 12/07/2013 by Eldarion]
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Eldarion!! You're back!
Like said before, plague was a great idea. I didn't post anything about it because I didn't remember if it was discussed. Since I'm a healer I can notice that.
Let's go!
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Hi again!
I think it's great! It would give my character an excuse to leave as well, and maybe permission to leave.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oooo,ooo,ooo, I just had a really good idea in regards to the plague thing! my characters father is dead, so that can be how he died, but Raegan, in her mental state, does not realize that. Im not sure how to introduce that, but it's a thought.

Wolfie, your charachter can leave the city for losing the job she is holding, or maybe on the incentive to find work elsewhere.

My character, Raegan, can leave on the ambition of chasing her ghosts, and I'll also make a note of the fact that she really has no home, so she can drift accordingly to her interests.

Ella
Council Member
Send Message
I have just one question for you, Maxie. Does Raegan really sees ghosts, or it's just her imagination?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I pictured her as having a mental illness by a trauma in her life, which makes her think she sees dead things. And her Auntie, which I mentioned a few times, realized her illness for what it was, but did nothing to pull Raegan out of her reverie. So she just cultivated that within her, telling her that seeing things was a gift. She also told her to tell no one about her "ability" because Raegn could have been open for riducle and shame from people, thinking it would help her, but it only put her in her own little world.

Short answer: Imagination. But she is convinced that they are real, as the story progresses Im sure I'll pinpoint exactly why/how she came about seeing things that weren't really there.

I also brought in Eldarion's character.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hail and Welcome Back to your RP Eldarion! Good to see you writing here again. Your plague plan sounds good. I was hinting about the summer bugs and thought maybe they could spread some pestilence similar to Dengue Fever, Malaria, or West Nile, but migration would work as well. I was going to have Khaloch be a ‘carrier’ since he had gotten sick on the front in the far reaches of Harad.

As far as timeline goes, it’s the early night of the first day of Khaloch’s arrival in Osgiliath. It was clear to me in my lengthy posts but it seems too much for others to read so I’ll not be so detailed in any future posts.

That said, I will be quite the secondary contributor to this RP from here on as it doesn’t appear the login issue I have from home (where I do my writing) isn’t going to be fixed any time soon (its been 3 weeks). Its mighty inconvenient writing posts and having to wait until I go to work the next day to post, only to find more posts have been added forcing an edit. At this point I’m pretty much giving up on CoE ever fixing this.

Happy Writing everyone!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I could PM someone on your behalf, Arveleg. With that said, would you like us to wait to post until you do, so editing isn't needed as much?
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
My apologies, Arveleg. I had only skimmed the posts before jumping back in. Your lengthy entries are more than welcome! Post when you are able; you could always message me after you've written a reply so I can let everyone know to hold off until you are able to submit it.

so, I'll wait for Ella and perhaps Arveleg to get their posts in before I hop back in, that way we don't get too far ahead.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sounds good to me!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I'll try and keep up on this but I dont want to hold everyone up either. I intend to write a post tonight and will post it tomorrow after I get to work (approximately 13 hours from the time of this post). Being I'm in Oz, my timezone is pretty out of whack with the U.S. & Europe.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
I'll wait for Arveleg then I'll post (: I've written a post already yet it needs some of his interaction.

[Edited on 12/10/2013 by Ella]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
JUst post whenever you are able to, Arveleg. We can always alter ours.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Posted. didn't have much of a look for edits. Work has me flat out so I took a break to post.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Aliyah

I have a character. As it seems everyone is leaving the pub soon, perhaps someone can run into Aliyah on the street, she has no money, so will not have a reason to go inside.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
POSTED. THE STORY CONTINUES.

Welcome to the RP, Huldah! I went ahead and wrote your character in at the end of my post, hope you don't mind. I was brief so as to leave it open ended for you.

Speaking of open ended, I left the guard's direction in searching for Scarlett open ended as well, just in case Arveleg or Ella want to pursue that. The search is working well alongside the disease plot! And I wanted to reinforce Merenor's familiarity with Scarlett and thus the group. Maybe in this next round we'll all meet up? I'll leave it to the rest of you.

Happy posting!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yay! Huldah has joined us! Fay/Freya/wolfbladequeen has mentioned that we leave for a safe place to escape the crowd. My post was getting lengthy, so i'll pass that job on to the next person.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Huldah!

I managed to write a post quickly while sipping my morning coffee.

Happy Writing Everyone!
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I went ahead and posted seeing as Arveleg, Huldah and I are independent of the rest of you at the moment. Feel free to proceed however you'd like! I'm still hashing out details for how exactly we'll be leaving. I don't think my character would ever have need for a horse up to this point...

Anyways, enjoy!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I tried to tie some ends together, hoping ti start a teeny conflict. So we shall see!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, I'm hashing details on that as well Eldarion.

I believe Khaloch is talking with the ship hand (Eldarion's character) & te small woman (Huldah's character) in teh street in front of the inn.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Great posts everyone! This story is progressing much better than I could have hoped.

As for our departure Arveleg, I was thinking maybe between our two characters we could 'borrow' a sea worthy vessel from the docks for a short while? Merenor certainly wouldn't be a stranger to commandeering ships not belonging to him.

Anyways, I'll post when I get home in a few hours!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
That could work... I think Khaloch may have seen an old boat aground just east of the ruins of East Osgiliath....
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I squeezed in a quick post and did some dirty things to ensure Merenor's reputation for 'flexible' morals. Wanted to add some drama, sorry!

Now, across the bridge and to the docks?
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
i thought we were on the east side. Bridge is guarded. Best find a usable boat quick....
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Findemaxam, I think it would be interesting for Aliyah and Reagan to connect. They both have significant weaknesses, although completely different.

Not quite sure how Aliyah is going to react to the last post, other than she will be quite freaked out. It will be a LONG time before Merenor can earn her trust.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I'm not sure what side of the river we are on. I must have missed that at some point. Nonetheless, to the river!

And I would expect most of the characters to be taken aback by random murder. But I'll have him redeem himself later!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email