Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yey! thinking of intro post now.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome, Cenor!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Cenor! I'm glad you joined this RP Hope you have fun ^^
Now I'm waiting for Arveleg to post and I think we'll finally meet everyone!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Good Morning! ( here anyway)
I read up, so I'll get a post down today sometime.

Good entry post Cenor!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Me: Okay so do the characters have a mission or is it to save Lady Scarlet?
Me: Hmm perhaps Scarlet needs to escape Pelargir we need a bad guy
Arveleg: She is on the run from the "good guys" ... who can be 'bad'. You have an idea of a prime baddie character ?
Me: Are we outlaws?
Arveleg: In a sense I guess.
Me: Well maybe we need to act like outlaws retreat into some private place and fight the enemies of Gondor
Arveleg: Sounds good. Scarlett is a runaway, Khaloch was done serving, but was impressed back into service for an ill purpose. Was thinking of passing off one of the dead asn himself and he goes underground, but its a bit far out there.
Arveleg: The enemies of Gondor could be within its midst?
Me: And I'm a killer? A plot to overthrow the royal family perhaps?
Arveleg: yeah.. intriguing!
Arveleg: You have good ideas.
Me: Thanks. We could spy on them our present occupations would be a good disguise. A sort of Robin Hood stealing from the bad and giving to the good

I was just posting the conversation Arveleg and I had see if this sounds good.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Thinking tale future course here. Maybe these ideas could be up for a splinter story thread maybe?
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
It sounds interesting. Right now, we're far from the original plot so it would be nice another thread, though we can still continue in this one. I've already an idea for the end, but until then we need some action. I liked that idea and it will be an eye opener to Scarlett.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Just a note to let you all know I'll be on the road a lot this next week so will have limited internet access. Will be back the week after. Feel free to carry on as you see fit, and I'll "catch up Khaloch when I get back.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I like those ideas as well,Cenor.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I'm not entirely sure that we have to create a splinter thread. When a major accident occurs people need to blame someone. Where will we retreat to? Ithilien? Will Pelagir become to dangerous for Khaloch, Scarlet, Reagan, and Damia? We all are runaways from Osgiliath so From the Fog of Osgiliath is nto a bad name. Just some questions.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
As "Fog" being a metaphor for our characters. I can see that. Maybe when we get furtrher into the thread we can start a new one. Has anybody heard from Eldarion? It's his thread.
Ithilwen Tindomerel
Council Member
Send Message
Heya everyone! Good to see the thread is starting up again. It will be interesting to see how the plot develops. Ithilwen is probably somwhere in Pelargir, maybe she has been staying at the same inn where Scar used to work?
~ Member Of the Realm of Varda ~
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I'm so glad you're back! Please come back! The thing is, the inn burnt, yet you could had been out.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Good to see you Ithilwen! I've been traveling about and will be back home the middle of next week, so I'll be working on a post around that time. Hoping all is well with everyone!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome back! I am so glad this thread is beginning again, it is one of my favorites.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I'm back from my travels, and being that I'm rather broke now, will be around to get writing. I'll have something for Khaloch up in the next couple days.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Hullo all!

It has been a busy summer thus far for me and I apologize for disappearing once again. Maybe it's time for another Fog of Osgiliath spurt of activity?

I still have my notes that I originally typed up for a loose plot but I think it would be utterly foolish for me to try that anymore! And, quite frankly, this thread has passed ownership to the rest of you. As such, I think it best that I just tag along for the ride. Will try to get a reintroduction post in for Cap'n Assur; still trying to think of a good excuse for his disappearance...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I eagerly await your reintroduction, Eldarion.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Good to see you back Eldarion. I think you should dig into your notes and go for it. Maybe you'll get things back toward its original track. For the most part I've been just winging it since I joined to keep it moving some, at the same time doing some character development. Right now I have nothing really to contribute to this tale as far as its direction.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yes we would appreciate your ideas. We have just been brainstorming so far.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
At this point we are all holed up Pelargir and that makes it a bit easier for me to enact what I originally intended: PLAGUE. By now, with all the commerce going in an out of the port city surely it would have spread quickly. Perhaps connections characters have made in the few months in Pelargir would allow them to witness the illness firsthand. A huge influx of soldiers due to many of the ranks falling ill. So maybe Pelargir would be under a lock down of sorts? Martial law? That could certainly play well with 'Alura' being on the run. Lots of soldiers enforcing curfews and what not. We could potentially have some interesting RP with sneaking out to gather resources not allotted to us through rations, avoiding intrusive patrols or other inquiring soldiers, etc. Hopefully that will foster nice character interaction. At some point things would likely degenerate as the plague spreads and any illusion of order would dissipate. At some point we'll have to leave, probably not by boat this time; something more interesting that I'll work out in the meantime. It all really depends where we go with this. Ideally we can generate a nice flow between all of us and the plot will work itself out.

Just some thoughts on where we could go for now. It is quite late for me so I'm rambling and sleepy. I'll hop back on tomorrow morning and we can continue brainstorming. (:

[Edited on 08/11/2014 by Eldarion]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I like that direction, Eldarion. The only issue I have would be this: how do we introduce the disease? It seems narratively ludicrous to me, to have, all of a sudden, a disease show up out of nowhere. Should it have been carried over somehow, on Assur's ship? Is one of our characters a carrier?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I read of a way to get rid of the Black Death! But I'm not sure I want to carry it :/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I wouldn't mind carrying it. Raegan did spoend a lot of time hanging out at the docks. Problem is, who would she have come into contact with to spread it, without making Scar, Dira, Khaloch, or Assur ill?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Uh Maxie wrong RP I'm Damia . Umm...well...how about...we just had a big fire which would clean disease. Hmmmm, it could be new ships.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Well, one of our characters could certainly harbor the disease. I hadn't given it incredible thought, but it seemed likely that traders or craftsmen who travel between cities may have borne it into Pelargir. One of our group carrying the plague would certainly be more interesting, however. We could attempt to hide said character from the authorities who are busy searching for those infected to try and eradicate it.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, sorry. Was posting in RotWK in a diffrerent window.

Let's wait for Eldarion and Arveleg to post with their thoughts.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I am curious to see what Arveleg has to say about this and if he has any input as well, as he has done very well in steering our course thus far. I won't be able to put in any significant post until late tonight in the RP thread (around 11pm EST here in the States) but I can always make a quick post while I'm gone via my handy smart phone. So don't wait up for me! I still have to work Assur back in.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Unless anyone has any objections, I think Assure would be a fine carrier of the plague. Perhaps he contracted while doing hard labor in the mines. Anyways, I'd like for us to at some point make our way towards the fires and find that...it started with the burning of infected corpses! Then we begin to find the city under quarantine, and go from there.

Yea, nay?
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
how do we introduce the disease? It seems narratively ludicrous to me, to have, all of a sudden, a disease show up out of nowhere. Should it have been carried over somehow, on Assur's ship? Is one of our characters a carrier?

I thought we had touched on some sickness when we were in Osgiliath? Made mention of it in previous posts a couple pages back, at least in the case of Khaloch. At the time, it was assumed the disease had come upriver from the south and was in the process of infecting Gondor (Scarlett's mother for instance).

So... maybe an order arrives this day in Pelargir from The King that the city is quarantined, and we go from there.

[Edited on 08/11/2014 by Arveleg]
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Arveleg said:

I thought we had touched on some sickness when we were in Osgiliath? Made mention of it in previous posts a couple pages back, at least in the case of Khaloch. At the time, it was assumed the disease had come upriver from the south and was in the process of infecting Gondor (Scarlett's mother for instance).

So... maybe an order arrives this day in Pelargir from The King that the city is quarantined, and we go from there.

[Edited on 08/11/2014 by Arveleg]

This is fine with me; none of our characters need succumb to plague, I suppose. It is entirely possible, after all, that plague has already spread across most of Gondor by now.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yea to the burning corpses, Eldarion! That's perfect. As is the quarantine.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Looks like we will be heading north to find the source of this burning. I'll wait for Scarlett and Reagan before I guide us that way! Don't want to leave them behind.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I hope my post is as dramatic as I intended it to be! The music I was listening to hit a crescendo and it was perfect fit for what I was typing up. DUN DUN DUNNNN.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
It had a nice Bang!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email