Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post Hobbit Meals
on: November 14, 2013 04:01
Denny's is doing the Hobbit theme again this year. Just in case anyone didn't know. http://www.dennys.com/
Has anyone gone yet?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Nope, but I might walk there after school sometime soon with some friends.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I went last year and had Radagast's Red Velvet Puppies and Misty Mountain Treasure and both were so so good. I have yet to go this year and hope that after seeing Smaug on Sunday, my Aragorn will take me to lunch.

I wonder if Denny's is giving out trading cards like they did last year.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
They say on their site that they're supposed to be giving out coins but I didn't get anything this time.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Coins? Oh, I would hope to get one. I will let you know. So what did you have to eat?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
We went to eat at Denny's after seeing Smaug. A lot of the menu was a little too sticky sweet for me..pecan pancakes with this cinammon sauce over it and honey cake French toast drizzled with honey. The burger was called Smaug's Fire Burger and was loaded with jalapenos so I did not want that. We both ordered Hobbit Hole Breakfast which was eggs fried inside a cheddar cheese bun, hash browns and bacon. Very tasty. They still had Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies and those are so good.

They did not have any premiums such as trading cards like they did last year but you could buy a $25 gift card with one of four Hobbit characters on it.

Starofdunedain, the manager knew nothing about any coins...darn.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
I had a Smaug burger after I discovered I could ask for a veggie pattie. I like hot foods so it was good. Also had a Bard pumpkin milkshake.
I wonder what happened? Maybe they changed their minds at the last minute about freebies? Disappointing.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am going back next week for the milkshake and Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies. I wish I thought to get a $25 gift card and it could have been used yesterday for the dinners and again for the milkshake and Puppies.

The staff had to watch a movie that showed how to cook and present the Hobbit meals and I asked for (and was given) a Hobbit menu. I think it was my ears.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I still haven't gone, and the theme is out of all the places up here. Next year, next year for sure...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
I missed it by a day. The manager said that if I had come the day before they might have had some stuff.
On the bright side I got a movie advertisement from the theater. And he also said to come back in two weeks and ask again. 8O
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Jealous much! I should ask around, I know DoS will be in cheap theatres in two weeks, because it is only showing twice a day on one screen at Regal. And I will go see it every weekend...
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I went to Denny's about 3 weeks ago and had the pumpkin milkshake and Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies and did not like either of them. Too sweet for my taste. I had the Pancake Puppies last year and liked them. I went back last week and they no longer have the Hobbit Menu.

Always ask the theater manager for posters. Sometimes they will tell you the poster goes back to the *company*, sometimes they give it to you.

I got a huge poster of Hobbit II that went in a bus shelter. I think it is 5 feet by 8 feet. Totally huge and cannot find a wall for it. I am considering the ceiling..
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
!!!!!!!! What is on the poster!?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email