Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post School
on: November 18, 2013 05:03
So, what was school like for you? College? Any funny school related stories? Any venting to be done? What would you like to go back and do over school related, if you could? Favorite teacher? Why? Least favorite teacher? Why? Favorite class? Least favorite? In here the answers go!

I shall begin:

-So far, good! I am a sophomore and love high school.
-Not college yet, obviously, but Im looking to go for Creative Writing with a minor in English or Linguistics.
-No venting at the moment.
-Hmmm...last year, I would go back in time to pay attention in Algebra. Middle school? Make more friends. Elementary school? Make better use of naptime.
-Favorite teacher this year: my Creative Writing teacher and my String Ensemble teacher.
-Least favorite: Gemoetry, hands down. Too much homework.
- Favorite class: French, AP English, Creative Writing, String.
-Least Favorite class: Geometry

And you all?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
JoSeDu
Council Member
Send Message
I like my school, but something that I hate about it is that, sometimes, I feel like is full of ignorant students... I'm not bragging about how smart I am, sometimes they really make me feel like i'm studying in "dumb high. where nobody is to dumb".

Like this one time, someone asked
-What does "satiric" means?
the question was not the problem the problem was the answer.
a girl said, really proud of her inteligence
- It means that it has something to do with the devil.

I almost started LOLing

Or another girl who asked:
-If salt comes from the ocean, does sugar comes from the rivers?
I thought it was a joke and started laughing... it wasn't and she got mad at me...
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I don't mind my school. It is a privet school, and I really don't know how some people passed the entrance exams... they are so dull, no offense to them. But they are really slow, and always cheerful, and I can't take going slowly or being overly friendly all the time.
My favourite class is RMPS (Religious Moral and Philosophical Studies), because we always have a good laugh, and it is really relaxed and you can say whatever you want and no one will get annoyed at you, not even the teacher!
My least favourite class is chemistry, purely because of the teacher. It is so dull, it actually gives me a headache. Every single lesson. We sit in silence while he walks around patting his stomach. He won't explain things we didn't understand more than once, but spends ages going over things we do actually know, and have gone over a million times before.
If I could do something over, I would make clear to people that I don't think about things the way other people do, and that I will absolutely refuse to answer personal questions. Recently a girl asked me and my friend about shaving leg hair. I mean, come on! I would tell them from the start that I hate make-up, and trying to force me to wear it is not a good idea. I would explain that I speak really formally and sometimes there is no point in questioning what I say or trying to understand it, and I would tell them that when I am really tired and put my head down on the desk, I am not dead, or asleep, and there is absolutely no need to repeatedly prod me and remove one of my shoes to see if I'm asleep.
Done. I think.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Goodness to both of your posts!

I go to a public school, sorry, forgot to mention that.

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, Wolfie, school sounds stressful for you!

High school, looking back on it, seemed very petty to me. Everyone was only interested in who was dating who, who was attractive, who was going to prom, and who went tanning over the weekend. Conversations could be so shallow and meaningless But now that I'm in college, you soon learn that you are there with people who are paying a lot to be there, so they actually care about what they are doing. Well, most of them. There are some who still come to every class late surviving only on coffee
If you want specifics, I'm a sophomore in college. I'm majoring in Graphic Design and will be graduating in May 2014 with an AAS in Graphic Design. But then I'm going back to school for another 2 years to get my BFA in Graphic Design along with an added minor in Photography

College is cool. Professors don't nag you as much to get your work done. Not like they did in high school. But you do have a lot of responsibilities and you have to multitask and you usually have a huge workload. It's hard having a job in college. I work 20 hours a week at McDonald's and I'm in school 20+ hours a week. So those two add up to a full-time job I can't wait till I get a real job and I can afford my own place But then I'll have college debt looming over my head Fun.

"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That's the thing I least look forward to: the loans. But I am looking into going to the same college as you, lotrelessar, so at least I'll know someone who can help me know what is going on. Even though I'll be graduating High School when you graduate college with your BFA in Graphic Design and Photography. (2016, right?)

I get my class ring on December 4th!
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I don't get Chemistry because of way the teacher teaches it, or Latin for the same reason, but my friend says she will help me with chemistry, and I will just have to teach myself Latin, then teach my friends.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Chemistry's easy! Sometimes the little electrons share orbits and sometimes spare electrons go in to empty orbits. Then you find out in physics that electrons don't exist, just probability density functions, and orbits don't exist, just quantum energy states. Fun, fun, fun!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Chemistry, yuck. Im going to enlist you all to help me once I get to it.
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
The school that I go to sucks I never learn anything lol
books have tought be to be brave, to accept the inevitability of oblivion, to embrace the NOW, to work towards your goals and live a life of success.
Thanks, school, for teaching me how to find the gradient of a line.

Yep that so applies to me
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im so shocked that in nine weekdays, I will be considered a junior! Ahh! It's so scary to me!
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
My school experience hasn't been a pleasant one but I thought I'd share anyway.
Because I'm on the autism spectrum (Asperger's Syndrome) school can be really difficult for me. I have a hard time usually understanding what the teacher is talking about and difficulty keeping track of assignments. High school was absolute misery. If you have a learning disorder people will not understand and not give you any help. I won't even go into that. I actually became physically ill and had migraines twice a week because of the stress.Never learned anything there and the majority of what they taught me about life skills (psychology, eating disorders, work experience, resume writing) I discovered is absolute horse turds. (What did I even go to high school for?)
College is slightly better because I can pick and choose what I take and when I take it and believe it or not the workload isn't as severe. I can just manage four classes which is considered a full load and I haven't failed yet.
I'm studying for a 4 year Bachelor's in Game Design and Animation.
I was actually told in high school not to put computer skills down on a resume because computer skills are so common that employers will not consider them. I went to the career adviser yesterday and said so and she told me absolutely not true. The more computer experience I put down(especially in my field of study) the better my resume will look.
Public school systems....eesh.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im so sory, star, I know how that can be. Im glad that college is going better for you now. That sounds like a fun field to go in to! How many years to go until you graduate?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hello,
I was looking and right now I will be the oddball. Here it goes:
I'm in 9'th grade going on 10'th
I was looking into Collage for a pedagogy in piano but I found out that I can achieve my goals without collage so I'm going that rout.
I like school
I wouldn't go back I like where I am
My favorite teacher outside of school is my mom (here's the oddball part I'm home schooled), my piano teacher, and my sewing teacher (they are the only ones I have.
Least favorite I don't have one.
Favorite subjects: writing and history
Least favorite subjects: science and math (since I'm home schooled my geometry course will be a complected quilt)
So here I am the first homeschooler on your topic.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
i wish i was homeschooled!!!
my favourite subjects are the arts, mostly literature, but its not very fun or interesting at school
im in year 10 but i dunno if thats the same as the American school system. we have 13 years at school here, is that the same everywhere else?
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
We have 13 if you count kindergarten.

My classes for next year are:

Enriched Chemestrey w/ Lab
Algebra 2/Trigonometry
Enriched English Four
Enriched French Four
Spanish Two
Advanced Placement United States History
String Ensemble
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
including kindergarten we have 14, which must mean we have a year more of school but we finish at the same age as in America i think

wow those subjects sound complicated
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, junior year is apparantly the worst.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email