Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post New LotR Game "Middle earth: Shadow of Mordor"
on: November 23, 2013 11:44
Hello folks,

As an active game and LotR fan I stumbled across this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle-earth:_Shadow_of_Mordor

After getting excited I then read on and after reading about the main character coming back from the dead, with wraith like abilities I thought, "here we go again another video game to drag JRR Tolkien's work into the mud." Equally I shall not judge until the game is out but basing my judgment upon experience I can safely say we are in for another utter mess up.

I feel rather fed up with WB of late too considering they put a stop to this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middle-earth-roleplaying-project

A mod for Skyrim, I don't know if anyone here heard about it, but it was going to be the most insane amazing utterly unbelievably awesome thing ever and WB stopped it due to "copyright" Even when they let loads of other Lotr Mods carry on.

Anyway what do the other gamers on here think of this?

[Edited on 11/23/2013 by Aragorn16Estel]
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
mythryl
Council Member
Send Message
I really can't wait for this, it looks great
“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future” - Lady Galadriel
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, except for the fact that it doesn't look at all like the Lord of the Rings.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
mythryl - I'm glad your excited for this, it will probably be a good game but not a good LotR one.

I find it so sad, Mr Tolkien gave us this...enchanting wonderful magical world, and no one, I mean no one is flipping capable of making a decent video game out of it. I really really really really hope one day Bethesda get the rights to make a LotR game, they could do a great Job.

Ah well we can dream...
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Chris, how did you find out about this game so many months ago? I just saw the commercial for it on TV. I can't play it anyway..don't have the system for it.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I saw it advertised. It looks nothing like the story line I know.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I saw a commercial for it today. If I had the game system that plays it, I would buy it. The original storyline is a game already, I think. I do not know if the original characters are in the game but I did see Gollum.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lynk
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen said:I saw a commercial for it today. If I had the game system that plays it, I would buy it. The original storyline is a game already, I think. I do not know if the original characters are in the game but I did see Gollum.

There's, besides Golum, the wraith that is actually Celebrimbor otherwise most of the characters have been made up for the game, it's nice to have a semi-open map of mordor and just roaming about killing or manipulating orcs XD
De andelu ervenin! Mabo i grist hen. It's dangerous to go alone! Take this sword!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I actually just started playing this, and I have to say, as an aside from Tolkien's story, it's pretty good. I also didn't look at this thread on purpose in case there were spoilers, and finding out the wraith was Celebrimbor made my evening!

[Edited on 11/14/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Galadriel87
Council Member
Send Message
I have Shadow of Mordor, and never played it much because it was so different than the actual Lord of the Rings. Recently, I've been debating trying it again though.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email