Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Its about 5 degrees here, v. dark, and a strong wind.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
nine degrees with a wind chill that makes it -7, currently.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
About 50 degrees (F), and sunny here. The snow is melting!
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Got down to 28 last week and over the weekend began to get a bit warmer - into the mid 30's. Still, pretty chilly for San Diego area. Our home in Colorado though was in the minuses and is a bit warmer now (teens to 20's). We'll definitely need to learn how to dress for that kind of weather!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
12 degrees with a wind chill that makes it feel like -11
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I think it got down to 8°F here last night. Around 8:30 this morning it was 15°. Warmed up to 30° something later on. Currently it is 28° with a low of 19° tonight.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Just went to take the garbage out....barefoot.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Just checked the on-line news of one of our two major public TV networks, and it seems that blizzard "Juno" did not dump up to 3 feet of snow as was feared, "only" 8 to 12 inches. That would cause any aboveground vehicle travel where I live to come to a dead stop - maybe except for the Autobahn and VERY major streets in cities, and the big intercity connection just below the Autobahn level.
How did it affect those of you in harm's way?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
We weren't really touched by Juno...about nine inches when it happened.Still had school, still had work. Just got done with Neptune,I think they named it...brought wicked cold temperatures. On Sunday the high was about 7 below zero. Now it is 7 above. And we only have a little over three feet of snow.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, you have that much snow??? I can no longer imagine snow that deep anymore.

It is 46* right now and will be around 33* in the morning. This will be our coldest day of the season. I am hoping my plants will be alright. It will warm up to 52* by mid afternoon.

[Edited on 02/19/2015 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yep, lots and lots of snow!

So, we were suppost to go to school today and Friday, although the previous three days were set aside for Winter Break. Thgat was because we had thirteen snow days already this year, when our alloted amount was seven. But, it was so cold and snowy this morning, they cancelled school for today and tomorrow!

It is currently five above, but feels like -26*F
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, tonight will be our coldest night it seems. It is supposed to go below freezing and the strawberry farmers will be up all night watching for frost to form on the leaves. If that happens, they will turn on the irrigation pumps and water the plants. The water will freeze and form a protective coating on the plants.

Maxie, they showed Niagara Falls on TV, all frozen and it looked really beautiful. Have you seen the Falls in a frozen condition?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Um...Niagara Falls is not frozen. At least not yet. Chunks of ice are falling down it, but it is flowing freely. I have not seen it frozen before, as the last time it completely froze was in the 1800s, I beleive. But I would love to see it iced over.

Lake Erie is 95% frozen over. You would think that it would deter the lake effect snow, but we also have Lake
Ontario to contend with...which is only 75% frozen.

It is currently -7*F with a wind chill that makes it -27*F.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
in Wisconsin: 14F on the plus side today!but it feels like -4(yesterday and the day before it the actual temp was below that though so it was getting to about -20)

[Edited on 02/20/2015 by autistic cupcake]
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The actual number for tonight in my area is to be -29*F!* dies inside* But then on Sunday it is suppost to be 10*F, so it will be warmer.

More snow tonight too...almost to four feet!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, that is very interesting that the Falls are not frozen over. They showed mountains of ice at the bottom and the top layer of water was frozen and the water underneath was still flowing. It was very beautiful. Who knows with the news anymore though? They show pics of things from years ago and make you think it is current. Do they still have spotlights on the Falls at night?

It is 43* now and will be 74* by Saturday afternoon. Down here, the cold usually lasts just a day or two which is fine with me.

The strawberry crops survived last night and so did the oranges.

When I lived in Cleveland, Ohio, a bunch of us would go to Lake Erie and walk on the frozen lake. It was a very surreal experience with the frozen landscape. Sort of like being in a different world.

I am going to Daytona International Speedway on Sunday and the high is supposed to be 82*

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, they do light up the Falls at night! I know that some of the lower Niagara River is frozen, but that is far from the Falls themselves.

It is currently 23*F, with a winter weather advisory up. I am glad that so many of you will be experiencing warmer weather.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email