Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ha, thanks.

I have some more recent interesting pics. This is Erika and I at Mcdonalds.

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Lol! I remember those. And Sam, you know you make that face all the time, don't act clueless. You're always too "good" for our hilariousness. And you know it. Hahaha!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I should post the one of you drinking your milkshake, Cellist.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
What is it with all you guys criticizing your younger selves? Seriously guys, you should be ashamed! Why does no one seem to get that who you WERE made you who you are NOW. So, when you look back on your childhood, instead of seeing a chubby, nerdy, ugly looking brat (even if that's what you were ): see a chubby, nerdy, CUTE, sweet & jovial little cub. Remember all the STUPID things you did (and how ridiculously fun they were ). Especially remember how funny it was when you made your parents mad, but all the good lessons you learned in spite of yourself. Remember awesomeness, instead of how silly you think you were. Otherwise, when you're an adult, you'll look back on your TEEN years (yes, that's right now lol), and you'll think, 'Man, I was an idiot then. It was way better when I was a kid, and wasn't so critical of myself, and everyone else.' Love every part of your life, not just the little part you're in at the moment. Now finally, (and I must admit I have plenty of trouble keeping this in mind myself), a great man once said 'Only one life, t'will soon be past; Only what's done for Christ shall last.'. If we bear that in mind, we won't have any regrets about ANY part of our life (though you can still feel free to criticize yoru looks. My mother always does when looking at her '80s pictures. Poofy hair! Bleh!) That's all.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Hahaha! Thanks Leoflic. I never really looked at it that way. But now that you mention it….Lol! But really thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind next time I comment on my past self.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That post was so my brother. Made me laugh, bro!

That's very true. It's funny how all the embarrassing things you've done seem to be what you remember (for me anyway) and not all the wonderful times you had being a kid. Being oblivious to all world's problems. Being a kid was awesome.

"Love every part of your life, not just the little part you're in at the moment." I can here you saying, "You can quote me on that." You should write a book of quotes.

~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, preach it! I can't help but criticize, though. I'm sure that in 10 years, I will laugh at how I look now. It's kind of a part of growing up and maturing, being able to reflect on how much you've changed. But I will never regret being any age You've gotta start somewhere to get somewhere Ugh, my teeth were so awful! Some of you are going to look back at that pic Thank God for braces! There's lots of looking back to do, but also lots of looking forward as well. It's the best way to live in the present: to keep both the past and future in perspective
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Just the olther day, Sammy was showing me her picture on her lisence and was telling me how much she hated it. Lol, DMV pictures are not at all flattering.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Well, my license photo doesn't even look like me anymore. It was tkaen 3 years ago when I had thicker glasses, braces and my hair was pulled back so I looked like a guy.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When you renew it, you'll get a new liscense format and a better picture.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I still have my second (1976) NY State driver's license, no picture needed then (my first one was 1973). My German driver's license was derived from the 1976 NY State version, with a picture from 1976. I did an eye check for my 1976 NY State version, a very sensible test to do. In that sense, we in Germany are the idiots of the known Universe, because I have never had to do an eye check for my driver's license since then. I have done it for the reason that I noticed that my vision had been deteriorating (reading glasses, for a start). Usually, a different country in which I have lived (not giving it away) has been the idiot of the civilized world in similar cases, but in this case we are No. 1 by a very large idiocy quotient.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I always save everything- I have a bin that serves as my memory box.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Looking back now, I've realized I've changed A LOT! But at the same time, part of me stuck with it! I went through a lot, so I've changed. Looking back, I realize I'm farther ahead then I EVER thought I'd be!!!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email