Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
James_Lefor
Council Member
Send Message
Post OOC for Across the Great Sea (TR)
on: January 12, 2014 08:37
Hey everyone! Thanks for taking the time to check out my RP post and/or this discussion!

I appreciate that you check in here before you jumped into the rp, it's best to get everything sorted out before you start, I believe.

Alright! To start, let me give you the context for the plot!

Without further ado:

1500 years after Legolas journeyed across the great sea with his companion Gimli, a new threat has arisen. The Undying Lands, where the elves retreated to, had been undisturbed for as long as anyone could remember. The limited access to the continent on which Middle Earth resided surely had a hand in this, as did the protection the elves offered, and for thousands of years they lived undisturbed and in peace.

Rumors of an attack in the north quickly spread through the Undying Lands, eventually reaching the Woods of Orome, where Legolas had become king. Unlike Legolas' father of old, Thranduil, he knew what happened beyond the edge of his realm was just as important as what happened within. A company of elves, including Legolas himself and his son, Kiland, marched north to discover the validity of such rumors. As they crested the peaks of the Taniquetil mountains, it was obvious the rumors couldn't match the volume of desolation that they found.

The elven city that had resides in the north had been destroyed, its ruins scattered into the surrounding farms and its crumbling walls blackened by the fire that had ravaged its streets. Worse yet were the numerous camps that they could see scattered across the valley, camp fires illuminating the distant forms that were familiar to all but the eldest elves. The invading army had crossed the border between the lands in the north, and their harsh language carried on the silent night air.

"Orcs," Legolas had breathed. And that was where it began.

A week later, when the company had disposed of the orcs and returned, Legolas summoned the leaders of all the elven kingdoms. Leaders from each city arrived, including Lord Elrond and Lady Galadriel, and after a meeting lasting three full days it was decided that the elves could no longer consider their affairs separate from those of Middle Earth's.

Never, before the recent attack, had an Orc set foot in the Undying Lands, yet in one week an entire army had invaded, destroyed a once grand city, and eliminated the citizens.

The leadership council announced that a select group of hand picked warriors were to be sent across the great sea to the shores of Middle Earth. The order was given that the group would immediately march to Mirkwood, to seek out King Thrandiul, and learn of what was happening in the eastern world.

The roleplay will start on the docks of the Undying lands, where the warriors from each of the cities meet for the first time, giving us the ability for our characters to meet. When they reach the shores of Middle Earth, it will be obvious nothing is as it was. The Shire is deserted, now a barren land devoid of life. The dwarves are all underground, the doors to their kingdoms long since locked. Bandits roam the lands, murdering anyone brave enough to leave the protection of their strongholds. Minas Tirith has been destroyed, as has Gondor and Rohan- the species of men now lies scattered across Middle Earth in small towns, struggling to survive each winter. Orcs wander the lands as if they owned them, doing as they please, fearing no opposition. When they reach Mirkwood, they'll find the Kingdom completely destroyed and obvious signs of war. Remains of the elven kingdom are left, as well as a letter found on a messenger intended for the elves of the Undying Lands- a cry for help, a plea for assistance in defending Middle Earth from the reign on an unnamed darkness, a terrible power that has arisen.

From this point on the company has the task of finding the source of the darkness, the commander of the orcs, and returning peace to Middle Earth, and, with it, the rest of the world.

This group will be comprised of a limited number of elves, most likely around the number of seven (possibly more or less, depending on how many people show interest in participating), though I suppose members of different races could join the company along the way. Please either comment below, or PM me, with your character's information and any ideas/suggestions you have for the plot. There's always room for improvement!

[Edited on 01/13/2014 by James_Lefor]
“I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing.” ― Neil Gaiman
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to enter this jorney! May I?

This is the character I thought, yet I may change a few things later.

Name: Authiel (Battle Maiden)
Race: Elf
Weapons: Bow, sword
Personality: A cold warrior, but kind when needed.
Appearance: Tall and fair, silver blond hair, amber eyes.
History:
Authiel was born in Lothlórien, eighty years before Lady Galadriel, along with some of her people, left Middle Earth. She knew the world only after the War of the Ring, yet she had felt some of the evil that prevailed. In her childhood she fell in love with everything that grew there, but specially for the art of fight and for the weapons. She had fight with spiders, aiding Mirkwood elves, even if she was too young to do it, since she was truly skilled. She had fought orcs that wondered near Lórien.
However, she left Middle Earth and she passed all the following years studying and imagining how were all those green fields of the Shire, how did the forests grow. Obviously, she never stopped training her warrior skills alone.
In the beginning of her youth, some years after Legolas return and have a child, an evil reached her borders before she could run to help those in Middle Earth.
James_Lefor
Council Member
Send Message
Of course, I'd love for you to join An elf with experience in Middle Earth would be a great addition, she'd have some knowledge of the land. Which kingdom is she coming from?
“I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing.” ― Neil Gaiman
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Authiel is a Noldor Elf of Valinor from de House of Finarfin, from the linage of Finwë.
James_Lefor
Council Member
Send Message
Awesome. Glad to have you aboard! Spread the word, we still need a couple more to join the fellowship!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I shall join! Im short on time, so I will create a character later!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Race: Elf
Family: Nethiel has only known the Undying Lands, so she is unknowledgable about Middle Earth. Her only knowledge of it is that her father fell in the War of the Ring, which makes her hesitant about all aspects of it. However, as her ancestry is important to her, she finds it important that she follow in the footsteps of her kin.

Personality: Nethiel is young, which makes her slightly ignorant. However, she is eager to please and a little too trusting. She also seeks knowledge over power, and would rather learn to negotiate her way out of something rather than fight it out.

Appearance: Green eyes, and long, dark hair. Middle height, but often feels inferior because she is "younger" than most of those around her.

Is that OK? Anything you would like me to add?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
James_Lefor
Council Member
Send Message
It sounds good!

oh, Her father died in the war of the ring, or her grandfather? The battle of Gondor was just over 1500 years ago, so i was just wondering.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
I'm glad you joined this adventure!

And I think James is right. It is impossible her father died before her mother got pregnant.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, grandfather, apologies, autocorrect was being odd for me.
James_Lefor
Council Member
Send Message
No worries And it sounds great! feel free to pop in
James_Lefor
Council Member
Send Message
And she's not too young, Kiland is 878

I suppose this might be helpful haha: http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/kiland/

[Edited on 01/17/2014 by James_Lefor]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Maybe Nethiel can have confusion about his age? Sine Kiland is Legolas' son and Thranduil's grandson, he can seem so much important to her, and therefore, older.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
I have an old Elvish character I haven't used in ages! Might be appropriate for this thread if you are still looking for folks to join! I can post the link, as I believe he is in the database. Will begin searching...
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Yay! Another fellow to the journey!
Should we wait for someone else?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think we should just go ahead. It's even now, two male and two female. But I wont make decisions for James, this thread is his baby.
James_Lefor
Council Member
Send Message
I'd love to have you join! I think we can go for four, that sounds like a good number- not too big, not too small.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/lethran-pellaerhil/

There's a link to the character I plan on using. Hashed him out AWHILE ago. Circa the original LotR trilogy. He is a bit aged, however. But that shouldn't detract from his dashing good looks!

Will post in the thread tomorrow!

[Edited on 01/23/2014 by Eldarion]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sounds great! In that case, I will wait to post.
Eldarion
Council Member
Send Message
Anyone heard from James? I will probably post later just so the thread doesn't die!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have not! Please do post, though, Eldarion, and I will send him a PM.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Can I join as a guide? Mortal of course I haven't created her yet.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Well, Cenor, I would love nothing more than to RP with you here. However, this is not my thread, but perhaps, to keep it alive, you can come along. I can haul in the other characters in a manner that, if the players return, the characters can still be manipulated back to them. Post with your character here and be sure to read the posts of the RP!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Dira (Cenor)
Race: Dunedain
Height: 5"8"
Family: Her family was killed by orcs when she was small. But the Elves of Mirkwood took her in and trained her to be what she is today.
Animals: none
Weapons: Two swords strapped against her back and a long dagger

Personality: Can seem cold and harsh but she is friendly and loving once she gets to know people. She is quick and sees almost everything.

Appearance: Often goes hooded and cloaked never showing her face unless necessary. She hires herself out as a guide knowing much of Middle Earth, its shortcuts, dangers, and hidden roads. When she does show her face she has eyes that seem to piece through heart and mind. Her hair is a dark wavy brown. She is tall and slender but as tough as a rock. Her clothing is mostly forest or earthy colors and she wears tall leather boots that are travel stained.

History:
Before they came to the Undying Lands the orcs ravaged Middle Earth. Her parents were killed in one of the attacks. She was adopted by the Elves of Mirkwood after one found her half dead in the rubble. The Elves taught her how to use her double swords and dagger in fights against the orcs. Already she has fought in many battles against the orcs with Rohan and Gondor before they were destroyed. She hides quickly and easily a talent that is necessary in these days. She also knows where the last of the Men (both Gondor and Rohan), Hobbits, and Dwarves have secluded themselves.

I added a little more than what is there in the original. Umm, Maxie what did you mean about quote I can haul in the other characters in a manner that, if the players return, the characters can still be manipulated back to them quote. Can we just PM the other players? Or has this thread died?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
This thread has died. I meant that if we still have them walking along with us and talking, we can keep the thread going. I am awaiting your post, Cenor!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Maybe we can PM the mod. and have her delete this thread and one of us can start a new one similar but not exact to this one. We can invite players from other Rp threads and begin anew. What do you think?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Many of the already few people on CoE who RP only wish to participate on one thread for clarity, but you can PM around and ask if you'd like.
James_Lefor
Council Member
Send Message
I apologize for my enormous leave of absence. Is anyone still interested in reviving this thread?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ella and Eldarion are no longer here, but Maxie is (not sure if she will join again) and I will join you but I will use a different character.
James_Lefor
Council Member
Send Message
I'm sorry to hear they've gone, but delighted to hear you'd like to join!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
What about a Dunedain man?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would not object to rejoining, if we can keep it going. Should we start a new thread since we have different characters?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email