Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post What is your favorite quality about yourself?
on: January 13, 2014 07:01
I saw we already had a topic about what you dislike most about yourself. So, I thought I'd make one about what you LIKE most about yourself!

Me, well, I like that I'm multi-talented! I can do A LOT of things like art and music
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmmm...well, I like that people are ale to open up to me, and how Im able to say just the right thing back to make them feel better or put things into perspective. One of my negative things though, as you, Ethelynn, put it when we were filming for a blog at my party, is "You ALWAYS speak too soon."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Hahahahahahaaaaa, you know I was joking right??? hahahahahahaaaaa

Well, that's a good thing. And i agree with you. People open up to me all the time and I always worry I wont have the right thing to say! But usually, i'm pretty easy to talk to even though I'm INSANE!!! hahahaaa
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
But it is true!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
You two must be really good friends to have, then. ^^

My favorite one I guess would be compassion and empathy. Like you two, people like opening up to me, and I like helping them through their troubles. But sometimes can be a problem, because I lose sleep over other people's matters like they were my own xD.
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, she's known me since I have been two.

I agree with the losing sleep part! I also really stress when a friend of mine is having a problem, and I want to talk to them until it's all better. Then they sometimes get annoyed, which is when I say to much, and...
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, i lose sleep all the time for my friends! It's funny, i dont have a phone, but i usually end up worrying about them cuz i never know whats going on. I hate being out of the in.

Another good quality about me (and i recently realized this) that I'm actually pretty outgoing. I used to be really shy! But now, I pretty much talk to anyone! I used to be SO afraid to talk to guys XD hahahahahaa, I laugh about it now, but back then i barely talked to ANYONE! But, I wont say that I'm fully outgoing cuz i can be shy at times (like around people i like).
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love how I'm able to exist in a multitude of social groups. I can talk to the super popular people, and I can talk to people who are "out of the loop" like me.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Oo! New thread! I do like that people are drawn to me, especially the ones who may not have many friends or the ones who have lots of superficial friends and know that I am never one of those. I also live up to the meaning of my name, "listener," and I'd rather lend an ear to someone than talk their ear off I sorta like that I'm shy, but that can have some major downfalls.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^Those are ALL really good!!! I'm also amazing at breaking awkward silence/situations. I dont know HOW i do it, but it just happens.
I also LOVE making people laugh. Except for mom, she thinks NOTHING'S funny!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Can qualities be physical?
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, ofcourse they can!!!

If we're talking physical, i'm REALLY glad I have blue eyes and I'm actually pretty happy with my weight! I also really like my smile and the color of my hair (it's a really pretty red/brown).
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I THINK it’s being able to stay calm when others are getting (too) exited or even panicky.
But I mistrust myself enough to be wary of my THINKING that I have this ability, while it might be a sad truth that I only WISH I had it (fooling yourself is practically universal).
That said, I believe to have enough external evidence (loudly spoken “how can you remain so uninterested???” [or other misinterpretations]) comments) to feel fairly safe about my comment.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Ethelynn, I want your genes...

I got the most boring type. Dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. It's not even that yummy dark chocolate kind, it's so dark it's almost black. So boring...

But I like my smile too...That's the most important feature, in my opinion. If a person has a nice smile I'm in love [both guys and girls, and I mean platonic kind of love most of the times, hehe].

And I'm the calm type in the middle of 'chaos' as well, Gandolorin. That's a good quality. It helped me once when my mother was attacked by a dog. My sister and father were all over the place screaming and panicking. I was the one to 'take charge' of the situation.

And maybe you shouldn't "doubt" that you have this quality. Own it. And maybe if you have to go in a panicky situation you may find that you really are the calm person in the room.
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I am a good listener. People know they can trust me, they are able to talk to me and know I will never tell. But I am bad at speaking, I never know what to say to comfort people, but people say that listening makes up for this, because they know I am there for them and I will do all I can to share their problem (not share as in tell other people, share as in take half).
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^^ You dont want my genes Elarinya! hahahahahaa you're fine just the way you are!!! hahahahahaaaa I wish i had dark hair I also agree about the eyes thing. I LOVE EYES!!! I'm obsessed XD I wish i was the calm type, but its not ALWAYS bad NOT being calm! hahahahahaaa but, i do stress A LOT!!

Wolfie, being a listener is one of the best traits a person can have. Those people become my best friends cuz sometimes i just need someone to vent to.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
@LadyElarinya:
Thinking about it a bit, the reason that I AM often able to stay calm is that I have whittled down my list of things that are worth getting excited about severely. And the shavings are pretty much part of other people's selfish agendas which they would just love me to support, even if they are against my own best interests. Off to the garbage can with that!
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Oh yeah! I understand. It can be kind of liberating to act/be like that. But it can be seen as totally insensitive by other people, right?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
If it simply a matter of differing opinions (tastes in music or movies comes to mind) I try to explain myself (can be difficult if someone is emotional about a topic).
But if it's a matter of agendas, and involves manipulation by the other side which is detrimental to me, I will not be so kind.
But even there, I try to explain it in "I" terms rather than "you" terms.
Meaning "I feel that I was manipulated and I'm having no more of it " rather than "You're a manipulating <insert expletive of your choice>".
And my calm may take on some heat, without breaking down (at least not completely).
How "sensitive are the manipulators"?
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Manipulators can be really sensitive, since it can be used to manipulate. xD
A child, for example, knows that when she cries hard enough the parents will probably do what they ask...Babies know if they cry they'll get food or have their diapers changed. So, yea, manipulators can be very sensitive.

You reminded me of another quality I usually thank god I have: Patience.
Although, when it comes to family that quality fails me most of the times. xD
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love my eyes, which are super dark brown, like black coffee. Im the only one with that color in my family, including my extended. I also love my hair, which I can nearly sit on, and it is reddish brown. But I am really pale. Ghostlike, unfortunatly. And I could stand to lose some weight...
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Reddish brown and pale complexion sounds Celtic / Irish a bit. Part of your ancestry?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
On the plus side: I have strong, intuitive analytical abilities.
On the negative side: I can get hung up on details unless somebody gives me a swift kick.
Lady_of_Darkness
Council Member
Send Message
My hair. It's a lot like Thorin's (mostly in style and length), but more the color of Fili's (natural, not dyed) and no grays yet, and like Thorin, I also have blue eyes (but mine are dark blue). Most of my family has blue eyes, except for my stepfather and a few other people. I think some of my high school bullies (or just mean classmates) were jealous of my hair, since they always used to say that I had spiders in it (luckily, I didn't believe them).

In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Blue eyes and dark hair is one of the most PERFECT physical traits I wish i had darker hair, but im stuck with a mahogany color. I do have blue eyes, but they're more grey then blue.
Another good trait about myself is that I'm carefree. I try no to get caught up in stress and angry people so that i can be myself.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gandolorin,I have no idea of my ancestry. I do believe there is some Celtic in there though.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am a Secret Keeper. If you tell me something in confidence, I will never, ever, tell anyone. People have actually stopped talking to me because I would not tell them something I knew about someone. As a result, I know a lot of secrets about a lot of people. My friends know I can be trusted.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thats a good quality to have, for sure.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I know exactly what you mean. Some people are all into drama. And thats one of the things I REALLY hate because it has ruined a LOT of my friendships.
But, another good quality i have is being able to give advice. I've been through a lot, so people always come to me and ask for help. Sometimes, its not fun when people depend on you, but i know what im doing is helping them.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It depends on the situation. My advice can either be really good or really bad.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Most of the time it's pretty good
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email