Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Green Dragon Inn VII. Come in, sit down and make yourself known to other Coers.
on: January 30, 2014 02:23
This was the original post from the Green Dragon Inn [I].

This is more of a forum to discuss whatever you want about yourself or what's going on in your life. . Just like the Green Dragon Inn, where Hobbits would go for news and information, and, yes, even gossip--and, of course, for a good stiff drink when you need it. Personally, I want coffee--I haven't had any in a while.

*fills a mug with hazel-nut flavored coffee*

Anyone care to join?
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, Rose!!!! long time, no see!! Coffee sounds good right now. I've started an internship at a hospital and I'm still trying to get used to getting up in the wee hours of the morning.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Rhod Well done on your internship, although I don't envy your early starts.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks in* Did someone mention coffee?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*staggers in carrying a tray piled high with fresh muffins* Would anyone like a muffin to go with their coffee? They're still warm.
Silmelirie
Council Member
Send Message
Cooffeeee! Image

And muffins too??!! I'm in heaven!

Good luck with your internship, rhodilwen! It's a hard job working at a hospital, but an important one too. No matter your position there.
~*You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if hope has flown away In a night, or in a day, In a vision, or in none, Is it therefore the less gone? All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream.*~
ImageImageImage
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Helps self to a few muffins* *munches* This are amazing, E~S! *sips coffee*

What's everyone up to these days?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*closes eyes as eats warm muffins* Delicioso!!

I'm just trying to recover from superbowl sunday here. Waay too much food yesterday and not enough good football. And it's too cold outside for me to go running. =(
I got off early at the hospital and took a nap instead. =)
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
There's another batch ready to come out of the oven, and I understand the inn will be getting a single serve machine that will allow us to select from a variety of teas and coffees.

*slips out the door to pick up the fresh batch of muffins*
Bubbledragon
Council Member
Send Message
(Wow!! New thread? Pretty cool! Looks like we're on fire these days!)
Coffee and muffins by this cold weather? I wouldn't ask for more!
*Picks up a coffee mug and three muffins* Hello lovelies! You won't be living for too long I'm afraid... *smiles hungrily*
(Was I just talking to my food? Oh dear...I'm weirder than I initially thought!)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Bubbledragon, if you care to continue with the dragon egg business, we got moved to the Prancing Pony. http://www.councilofelrond.com/forum/thread/36773/page/5/

*Takes another swig of coffee, and snitches a couple more muffins*
Bubbledragon
Council Member
Send Message
Moved to the Prancing Pony? What on earth for?
*has puffed up cheeks from stuffing them with muffins*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Because the original Green Dragon Inn wasn't for things like our dragon eggs thing. And our dragon thread doesn't exactly fit in anywhere on CoE. But our lovely Prancing Pony moderator ( BelleBayard) said we could have it in the Prancing Pony. So there we are.

*Finishes coffee off* Anyone want some hot cocoa?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*grabs a muffin and a coffee* Boy this hits the spot. It's really cold outside, although it's nice and sunny. I need to go shopping but I will have to bundle up. *sips coffee and sighs* Nectar of the Gods, that's what it is!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Coffee! With mint! Yumm, my favorite!

So, how is everybody doing lately?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Everything's been pretty good! Thanks for asking! *offers a plate of fresh muffins* The snow that came unexpectedly overnight has melted and is now a distant memory. *turns and looks at the others* Does anybody want another muffin? A fresh baked chocolate chip cookie perhaps?

*puts tray on sideboard, picks up a mug of coffee and a muffin and sits down with maxie to chat about this and that*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
A chocolate chip cookie sounds marvelous! *takes one of the plate and nibbles* These are amazing! *finishes cookie off, than gets another*

Not much going on here. We did get a severe winter weather warning. I'm hoping that means we'll finally get some snow. I haven't seen any this winter (aside from pictures and movies, but that doesn't count). Aside from that...I've been reading The Brotherband Chronicles by John Flanagan. He also wrote The Ranger's Apprentice series. I love the latter, and I'm really enjoying Brotherband.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*sits up hopefully* chocolate chip cookies? *takes two and settles back into armchair*
I recently re-read all the Ranger's Apprentice books, Mareth. They're pretty good and they make me laugh. I couldn't remember the name of the Brotherband books, so I called them the Copperhead Cove brothers. =D

I'm not doing too much, just work and I started watching a new show called "Atlantis" on BBC. It's by the same people who did "Merlin" if anyone watched that and liked it (because I surely did =))
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Ranger's Apprentice is one of my favorite series, if not my most favorite books.

I love Merlin!! That's an awesome show! We recently finished the first season, and I really want the second.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
It's all on netflix if y'all do that. But it is truly awesome and i love it. Who's your favorite, Mareth? I have a bit of a crush on Arthur. =)

(just fyi- my book will be available at Barnes&Noble on March 11!!!)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
We don't have Netflix, sadly. Our internet is too slow most of the time, plus the extra cost...it's just now convenient. :/

Ahhhh!!! I'm totally gonna get it!!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I as well!

I have been feeling kind of down today.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
awww. I'm sorry, maxie! What's going on and would cookies help? Or I rummaged through the back of the kitchen and found some ice cream. =)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Is it red velvet ice cream? Love!

Feeling better today. I was talking about my brother in another thread, and it upset me a bit.

rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yum! Of course it's red velvet!! *dishes some up for maxie and myself*
Glad you're doing better today!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
So am I! And the cold is all gone too! Cold as in illness, not temperature, unfortunatly that is hanging around. But here inside the Green Dragon it is nice and warm, the perfect temperature for ice cream.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*wakes up where she is snoozing in a comfy chair* Did somebody say ice cream? What flavour? May I please have a scoop or two .... or thee ? I don't know why I even bothered to ask. I've never met a flavour I didn't like. *bowl is handed over* Thanks, maxie!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
No problem, E~S! Ice cream is always good, though I can say the only flavor i came across that I never liked was chocolate chip...
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
gasp! Well, I guess unless it's mint chocolate chip, there's really no point.
Anyone have any good movie or tv show suggestions? I'd like to find something new to watch when I should be doing something else.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*flops back into chair with a glum look* I can't believe it! It's the end of February in the Pacific Northwest and it's snowing! Typical ... just when you think Spring is around the corner, snow! *sips her coffee and reaches for another muffin*
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It has finally begun to warm up a tad in Buffalo...but the cold arrives again later in the week. Ah well, that is what coffee is for, especially during Block One Earth Science and then refills during Block Two Geometry.

Rhodil, have you ever heard of the Mentalist? I think it is in the off season now, but it is on Sundays at nine PM on...ABC? Or CBS. On my local Channel it is on Channel 4, but you live no where near me, so...anyways, I really like it alot.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Do you get MeTV, Rhodi? They have old TV show reruns, which are sometimes fun to watch.

I have seen snow once this winter, and that was on my birthday the week before last. And it didn't stick because the ground was so wet from all the rain we had been having. But it was nice to see the snow falling. It's mostly been in the 50°F's around here lately.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*snaps to* Did somebody say "MeTV"? I love watching the old westerns on Saturdays. Also, on Gilligan's Island, the music says: "they set sail for a three hour cruise" ... apparently they took their entire wardrobes with them. *laughs and slips back into her doze*
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love the old show "All in the Family."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Now THAT brings up old memories! Archie Bunker lives! We did not see all of "All in the Family" as we left the US in 1975 (there was a German version, also based on the British classic "Till Death Us Do Part" from 1965 to 1975 there). What was then shown on German TV was "In the Heat of the Night" (from 1988 to 1995 in the US, probably later here), which I consider on of the best US shows that ever crossed the Atlantic (and thus part of the very small minority of good US shows - sorry, folks).
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email