Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Evil~Shieldmaiden said: Any plans for spring?

No, but am enjoying the onset of Autumn.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I can not wait to plant veggies and fruits. Tomatoes, potatoes, spinach, jalapenos, chives, zucchini, and then the asparagus will start growing again too. YUM!
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
My plans for spring are to rest after a tough semester at university... But not for long, as I have to go back on placements pretty quickly! Us radiography students don't know what holidays are

And I can't plant due to allergies but I do enjoy going on long walks when spring comes round, as the light brings me more hours in the day!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Are you an Aussie, Arvaleg? I don't know if you have heard the kids singer, Peter Comb(e), but I always loved the Australia in the Summertime song, when he talks about Christmas break on the beach...

For my spring, I want to finish the school year with good grades. That sums up why I need to start burying my head in Shakespeare. *sighs*

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Strolls in* Greetings, everyone! Plans for spring? Right now I'm just staying inside while it rains off and on. Normally we would have begun planting some things back in the middle of February but the rain and then snow didn't allow for that. This year is feeling too similar to last year, when the combination of tons of rain and then a mild summer did bad things to our tomatoes. That blight was not fun to deal with.

But when this rain finally stops we are planning on planting English peas, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and probably a few others. I still have pansies growing in my flower bed from last autumn, but those will likely be replaced with other flowers come summer.

*Goes to counter and fetches a cup of coffee* So how is everyone doing?
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
*Hurries in after Song* It's hardly spring here: it was just snowing again last week!
My sister is the gardener in my house and I think she wants to plant cooking spices and herbs. I'm only hoping for some tomatoes and some tulips (they're my favorite flower and we've yet to plant any...) ^^ But me, I'll be anxiously awaiting a break from school and then (eagerly) burying my head in Shakespeare ♥
Come to the dark side and join the
we have cookies! :hugs:
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Oh Shakespeare, the bane of my teenage years. I didn't appreciate his works back then, but 10 years on, I now like his works! They're actually quite fun to read. But I will never enjoy 'Romeo and Juliet'. It's been done to death! Pardon the pun...

It's finally starting to get a bit warmer here in England. I'm still in cardigans, jumpers and scarves, but I like wearing them anyway!

*places two big pots of Chinese hotpot on the table; one veggie, one chicken* Enjoy friends.

Out of interest, does anyone else like walking in the rain?
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
I'm still in my teenage years, but I am a big fan of drama and theater and Shakespeare is, of course, one of the most popular playwrights ♥ I agree, though, Romeo and Juliet is just overdone. I love walking in the rain (unless it's in the negatives, then I like to listen to the rain inside where it warm ^^) which is good, since it's been raining a TON over here. But, it's better than more snow!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Wanders back into the inn* Hello again! I really should learn my lesson and stay caught up on this thread so I don't have to go to the previous page to find my last post.

*Serves self some chicken Chinese hotpot* Mmmm....looks and smells amazing! I've actually never had any, to the best of my knowledge...but Google says it looks yummy.

I have not read much Shakespeare. 'Romeo and Juliet' is probably my least favorite. But I just dislike his tragedies in general. I do like some of his comedies, though.

As for walking in the rain, I love to; when it's warm enough, that is. When it's warm with wind and rain, I love to stand on the edge of the porch, close my eyes, and pretend I'm on a ship...bound for great adventures. Rather a silly and fanciful thing to do, I suppose. But I still enjoy it.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
elfmaiden77 said:Are you an Aussie, Arvaleg? I don't know if you have heard the kids singer, Peter Comb(e), but I always loved the Australia in the Summertime song, when he talks about Christmas break on the beach...

For my spring, I want to finish the school year with good grades. That sums up why I need to start burying my head in Shakespeare. *sighs*

Guess yesterdays post was lost.

Yes I am Lady Elfmaiden. They decided to let me in. I still have my U.S. Pacific Northwest membership though... as long as I pay the taxes.

And yes, think Christmas in July. The whole 'Walking in a Winter Wonderland playing over the air-conditioned mall while you shop really is ironic. I'm there to cool off because it's 40° (C) outside! The BBQs on the beach, guys in Santa suits surfing a wave, bikini-clad Santa's helpers, Sandmen (They look like snowmen but made of wet sand) ... yeah, a whole different Christmas.

[Edited on 03/12/2015 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
are random posts being deleted? One here and some others I've noticed have been deleted that were there yesterday. There were nothing wrong with the posts.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Cupcake, I believe the site reset to Tuesday. This is why some posts were lost.

Arveleg, my mother grew up in Brazil, so she knows what hot Christmases are like, too.

Down here in Mississippi, we don't quite have a BBQ to celebrate Christmas. But we have been out on the porch in December eating popsicles.

[Edited on 03/12/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
autistic cupcake said:are random posts being deleted? One here and some others I've noticed have been deleted that were there yesterday. There were nothing wrong with the posts.

Some posts were lost on the 10th I believe from server / board work, and they had to restore it from the Tuesday back-up. Usually not a problem with the chit-chat threads, but could be devastating had someone posted a lengthy RP post and didn't save it. I didn't see any announcement about an outage, so I assume it was unplanned.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I can confirm that the loss was unplanned. Rivka was working on some stuff and one day was lost. Fortunately, the site is backed-up on a daily basis.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Opens on eye* It's gotten awfully quiet here...

*Gets a cup of hot cocoa and settles down in a comfy chair* How has everyone been? Anything exciting happening? *sips cocoa*
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
happy st. Patrick day everyone! *poors my self a green pint*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*gets up and joins cupcake*

I will also partake in a green pint to celebrate this day! I have also brought a kettle of cabbage soup and of course a corned beef and a loaf of rye bread. Everyone, help yourself.

*downs the pint, pours another and begins to dance an Irish jig.*
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks in with a green cake with four clover designs in the icing* This is the dessert we had today. Wasn't my mother brilliant to think of it? She had been saving this lime cake mix for months! Everyone can feel free to help themselves to it! *Puts the cake on a table and begins dancing along to the lively fiddle music*
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks in carrying a violin case on her back, an A4 lever file in one hand and a plate of waffles in the other*

Sorry all! I've finally resurfaced from my pile of revision (although I have brought it into the inn with me; the urinary system won't learn itself)! How is everyone? I made waffles in my absence so you knew I hadn't forgotten you all

I also have good news, I've been able to practice my violin playing this last week, and have finally been able to do a whole play-through (including repeats) of Mozart's 'Eine Kleine Nachtmusik K.525' (if you don't know it, you must look it up, it's my favourite classical piece). I just need to get up to orchestral speed now!
Image Image
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
Im so jealous. I always wanted to play the violin, that or the fiddle. But they are expensive and I have no musical talent *sadly eats some of cake Song brought*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Happy belated St. Patrick's, everyone!

Cupcake, they have some some violins that aren't so terribly expensive on http://www.amazon.com/, if you ever shop online. Of course, the cheaper ones wouldn't be as nice as more expensive ones, but it's a good place to start.

*Carries in a plate of lembas bread* Song and I made some Elvish bread this morning. It was our first try. This recipe is basically like scones, though they are less dense. Tasty, but not how I would envision lembas. Still, hope you guys enjoy! I've also brought along some honey butter and cinnamon and sugar butter, if you like something on them.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
still hiring a teacher would be expensive. But Its still nice to have a dream.

Dose anyone else have a dream that they haven't given up yet?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I don't know where you live cupcake, but here we have pawn shops and musical instruments are not very expensive. As far as lessons go, could you barter? Do something in exchange for lessons?

Happy First day of Spring everyone! There is a total eclipse of the sun visible in northern Europe today.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I herd of the solar eclipse, I wish I would have been able to see it. I have however, seen a lunar eclipse once and that was exciting.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
There will be a Blood Full Moon on April 4. The moon will be reddish.

A solar eclipse is very different from a lunar. There is sort of a green glow in the shadows.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
As far as dreams go, Cupcake, I do. I dream of becoming a proficient guitarist. I got to take lessons briefly last year, but I have so much to learn still. I do enjoy playing the little I know.

I got to see the last Blood Moon, though from my view it was not very reddish. It was around 4:00 am here, I believe, or maybe 5:00 am. Though the moon didn't turn out to be very impressive, I saw several shooting stars that morning. So it was definitely worth losing the sleep.

Yes, happy first of Spring!
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
I got to see the Eclipse!! Not... the usual London cloud prevented my viewing of the biggest astronomical event of the century in the UK.

Happy Spring everybody!
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'm really upset about that PSK, as due to my workload, I overslept and missed the Eclipse
Image Image
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I can't believe it! Its snowing here. Luckily its not sticking. I just packed away my winter coat yesterday.

How was everyone's weekend?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Snowing? Well, like you said, at least it's not sticking.

My weekend was great. I had a yard sale on Saturday and made a little pocket money. My friends came over on Sunday and we watched the NASCAR race and that was a lot of fun. It was a good weekend. I expect this week to be just as good.

autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I just started watching nascar this year. My sister found she kinda likes it too. We don't completely pay attention while its on, rather we like it for the background noise. the VrooOOoom of the cars and the sound of the air compressor for the drills when they change the tires are sounds from our childhood and its fun to watch. and if we are lucky someone will crash.

They only thing I don't like is that Jimmy Johnson doesn't drive the Jimmy John's car. Like why! You missed a great opportunity.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
My weekend was spent studying for hours, and also some form of relaxing by reading. I'm having less and less time to browse CoE!

How has everyone's Monday been?

I made meringues! *puts down plate for all to try*
Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*walks in the door*

"Hi, everyone! I just dropped by to see how everyone is. I have been busy with the garden, but the rains have set in for the next couple of days. I also wanted to drop off the biscuits I made earlier; they are really good with soup."

*ambles over to the coffee bar to get a cup of coffee; returns and sits down*

"One of my kittens decided to start shaving. He has managed to scrape all of the fur off under his chin. There is a small wound as well, but it is healing nicely. I'm guessing that he tried to go under something and it was a tighter squeeze than he thought it would be.

Life is never dull when you have animals."
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
*wakes with a start*
Oh! Hello everyone! It's been so long! It seems like I've been taking loads of exams lately, with no spare time to come on and see everyone! I know, Cupcake! We finally (finally!) took off the winter tires- and the next day it snowed!! I've never seen any NASCAR races, but I have a lot of friends who really enjoy it. Lately, though, everyone's following the March Madness games.
I know what you mean E~S. One of my kitties has got a bald spot on her tail. I can't tell if she scratched herself on something or the kitten has gotten to her...
(Thankfully,) I go on break next week. What about anyone else?

[Edited on 03/26/2015 by yesitsjess26]
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
Everyone is talking about cats and all I have is three dogs. I have always loved cats but my dad does not. While he sometimes let us keep one in the garage, but since that isn't very secure, they all ran away. Once, one of them got pregnant and ran away to have her babies. My dad said she came back one day and he tried to give her some food but she wouldn't take it. But she looked healthy and you could tell she had been feeding her babies well.
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email