Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1011121314Last >>
Author Topic:
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I don't have a cat anymore :'( (RIP Charlie, my three-legged wonder). But I do have my two chinchillas, Jet and Chinch, who brighten my day by moonwalking around their home

Jess, I feel the same, except with university assignments! I finally get two weeks to myself from the coming Monday, and I'm so ready to do nothing for the whole time!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
*walks in and takes a cup of water* Hi all! I'm new here. I'm lucy to have spring break this year! Which i don't usually get!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Enjoy the Spring Break Lucy the Flying Arrow! Welcome to Council of Elrond!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
hello everyone. I've been away from the computer for a last few days have been very busy. I had to get a mole removed because they thought it might be cancer (it wasn't) went to the zoo, cooked Easter food, went away for Easter. Just a very busy past few days.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, cupcake, I am happy for you that all is well. Our health is our most important thing.

I love the zoo. Here in Florida they have wooden pathways to keep us above the swamps and we are warned not to stray from them...they tell us something might get on us that won't come off. I would love to hear about your zoo adventure.

Is everyone looking forward to warmer weather? It already is very warm down here...it's been in the high 80's.

I think I will go have a bowl of soup.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
The zoo was great. We saw the normal animals that all zoos have, but also go to see bats (I love them no matter what anyone says) and lots of birds. My favorite animal of the day was the jellyfish. They were so tranquil.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It seems we have another thing in common, cupckae, besides loving the sound of roaring engines. I love bats. I could stand and watch them in their enclosure for hours.

I went on a bat tagging once. The park rangers put a mesh screen over their cave and when they came out at night, several got caught. We took those and tagged them. It was so wonderful to hold the gentle creatures. They were so tiny.

Disney World has fruit bats at Animal Kingdom and they are so big. I love to watch them fly.

I had a bat house once. No bats but wasps built a nest in it.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I love how tiny they are, they have those little ears that are just too adorable. There is a bat house in the park near my house, it has the batman signaling symbol on it as a joke.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
HIIIII!!!!!!
I have been away for forever! Happy late Easter! Welcome flyingarrow! I missed everyone, but I have been soooooo busy of late, and I lost my password and all the CoE messages got marked as spam, so I never got them.
So yeah, crazy am I.

*grabs the cup of coffee she does NOT need*
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hi guys. I dropped off the face of CoE for a few weeks. School has been insane and I have tests every week until finals. Oh well.
Hi flyingarrow!!

elfmaiden- I have that problem too! Every so often my email will decide that CoE updates are spam and I never see them until I realize how quiet it's been over here and I have to go check! lol!

Did everyone have a good Easter? I did, aside from studying for a test on Monday. But I got to see all our family so that was a big plus. Also, I'm procrastinating studying for my neuroscience test tomorrow morning.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all! I've been away for a few days myself! A week I think, if my memory serves me. Unfortunately, I've been so busy revising and running around CoE slipped from my mind! If only I didn't have to memorise all the human body's inner workings

I hope you're all well I've been thinking of you all, despite my absence!

[Edited on 04/12/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lorienmaid143
Council Member
Send Message
*Quietly takes a cup of coffee and sits down*
You all can call me Lori, if that is no-one else's nickname. I just joined CoE, and I really love anything Tolkien!
And these three remain, Faith, Hope, and Love. But the greatest of these is Love. 1 Corinthians 13:13 ~Member of the Realm of Nessa~
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the Council, Lori. How long have you been interested in Tolkien and how did you come to discover him?

*Takes a sip of ice cold water with a slice of lemon and sits at table*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hello again, everyone! It's been far too long since I popped in...

Welcome, flyingarrow and Lori! It's great to have you two here with us!

I see you mentioned bats, Cupcake. Several years ago when my siblings and I were with some friends, we discovered a wounded baby bat. If I remember correctly we tried to give it some milk. I think our parents got on to us for handling the bat, as it probably carried disease. But it was an interesting experience.

My siblings and I went to college days last weekend. It was at Pensacola Christian College over in Florida. It was a lot of fun.

How has everyone else been?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
So I just found out that every 2nd Monday of the month, my library has a book sale. A whole bag of books for $2. Bought a bunch of good books. yay!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I wish my library did that! Though I do usually go to the local supermarket and buy their cheap chart books for £2 a piece... Sometimes £1. To me here in England that's pretty cheap... Although I don't collect points on any loyalty cards that way I'm currently harbouring £12 in points to spend on books, and soon to be more when I get my second bookshelf!
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My library never has books sales and they charge $2.00 a book for the ones they do sell. I get my books at yard sales and usually pay 25 cents each for them. Most of my Tolkien books came from yard sales.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I herd a great riddle the other day, here it is.

How do you make pants last?

You make the shirt first.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
My library has book sales as well, Cupcake. I don't remember the price...they have several different ones for different types of books. I don't get to go to them very much, sadly. One I went to, I bought a beautiful copy of Paul Creswick's The Adventures of Robin Hood. I believe it was around $2.00.

Haha, Cupcake. Very true.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Knock knock knock!

Man I'm missing you guys...haven't talked in ages...

So...sup?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, Cenor. You need to stop by more often.

My community is getting ready to celebrate Earth Day on the 22nd. We will all be doing yardwork and helping to clean up the areas around the little lake. I hope all of you pick up at least one piece of trash that day.

*enjoys another sip of lemon water*
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*wakes up from the rather long nap I took* Do we have any hot chocolate? I've been chilly all day and it's in the 70's here!!
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone! It's been a while. About books, I have a garage sale budget but B&N tastes, hahaha That's really cool Lindarielwen! I am going to volunteer to help clean the riverside and the neighboring parks. It'll be fun!
Come to the dark side and join the
we have cookies! :hugs:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am glad to know you will be doing something on Earth Day. If everyone just picks up one piece of trash tomorrow, it will be a big help.

Not sure if there is any hot chocolate. If none is ready, the ingredients are there in the pantry.

*sips more water and tries to remember where my rubber boots are*

elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Happy Earth Day!

I will try to clean somethings up outside, but (thankfully) I live in a pretty clean area, apart from alot of beer cans on the street next to me. Maybe when I go on a run today, I'll bring a trash bag

*forgoes the hot chocolate reluctantly, and grabs some water* *sighs* diets......
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Uhhh...I forgot it was Earth Day But I'm sure I picked up one piece of trash and took out the compost!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I did trash cleanup and lots of yard work. But you know, keeping our planet clean is something we should all do everyday. Pick up a plastic bottle, a pop can, a piece of paper, and throw it in the trash.

*gets more lemon water and sits by an open window*
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
hello everyone. I haven't been on lately because well...I have been lazy and didn't feel like trying to get my computer to work.

I finely watched five armies last night. Sometime today I will go through and watch all the extra content.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
It's been a while for me too, so I hope everyone's okay

My university life is too hectic these days! I have final exams in almost 3 weeks, so time to myself is sparse!

What did you think of 'BotFA' Cupcake?
Image Image
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I've been pretty much offsite for some weeks now. Hoping all is well with everyone.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Hi again! I've finally got a half-job! I'm saving to go to a summer camp, And already have my tickets! Two whole days of horseback!!

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
flyingarrow, how wonderful that you will be riding! I hope you tell us all about it.

*peeks in the kitchen* It's been pretty quiet in there lately.

Does everyone finally have some warm weather? Down here it has been in the high 80's and we have been getting plenty of rain.

Has anyone seen Evil~Shieldmaiden lately? I want to ask about her boys.

flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
where I am, the weather wants to be sunny, and rain at the same time! So I've be indoor-outdoor back-and-forth.

Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
We just had a cold low come through last Friday dumping around 277mm(11" ) of rain in some areas in just 3 hours.

[Edited on 05/06/2015 by Arveleg]
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Hey everubuddy! Sorry to say, but I am going to have to leave CoE for a while . *cries* Too mush school. Take care, everyone!
<< First1011121314Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email