Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1314151617Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Have you ever experienced snow, Luthien16? I miss listening to it fall in the woods.

The humidity here goes up and down. If only there was a gentle breeze.

I guess I better get outside and take the pink flowers out of the pots and decide which orange and yellow ones to plant. Marigolds, always marigolds.

*takes a jug of cold water and goes outside*
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Durin-The-Deathless
Council Member
Send Message
*sits down with mug* ah, silk chocolate, finest almond milk east of westmarch
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*finishes coffee*

Well, I'm off! I have to get cracking in the garden. I've bought some pansies which need to be planted and I have to mow the lawn.

Have a great weekend, everybody.

*goes out*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*enters inn happily*

"Such a beautiful foggy morning out there! I cannot see the little lake nor any of the houses around the shore."

*scoops oatmeal from pot and sits at a table near a window*

"Today will be a lovely day...nice and cool for a change."

*finishes oatmeal, washes bowl*

"I'm going for a walk in the fog. Have a happy day, everyone!"
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*I keep meaning to drop in but I always seem to be heading some place else ..... finally managed to pop in for coffee*

The Inn seems to be pretty quite right now. Thank goodness, there's hot coffee available! It's quite chilly outside, although the rain has stopped and the sun is a welcome sight.

How is everybody? One of my cats, Conor, has been bringing me a 'critter' everyday. They're primarily of the avian species but there has been a rat (ugh) and two mice. Apparently, he thinks I need more protein in my diet.

*sips coffee*

I have been keeping busy with yard work when time, and weather, permit; and also starting to do my annual pre-Christmas cleaning. Since I loathe housework so much, I have to give myself ample time to get it done.

Well, I'm off. Making mac and cheese for dinner.

*puts empty mug in the dishwasher and heads out the door*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*Takes a sip of pumpkin spice coffee and goes to open window*

"The Moon is full tonight, everyone. I hope the sky is clear."

*looks around*

"We really need to get some Halloween decorations up and who wants to carve some pumpkins? I will bring some little bags of chips and pretzels for the trick or treaters. Who wants to help?"

*Finishes coffee and rushes out to get some decorations*

[Edited on 10/27/2015 by Lindarielwen]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
*enters inn*

Hello all,

Seems like such a long time since I was last here, so I brought some Black Forest inspired cookies for everyone to try

I'm guessing our US members are getting ready for Halloween? Here in the UK it's gaining more popularity, but it's not as big a holiday here. It's more a way for young adults and teenage girls to dress in not very much on purpose for their 'costumes'. I'm more under the school of thought that says the more terrifying and convincing the costume, the better!

If I were going to a Halloween event, I'd probably be a werewolf or vampire... just because I can

Here Lindarielwen, I brought a pumpkin with a howling wolf carved into it to pumpkin spice up the place

*heads out the door to get back to doing university assignments*
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
ItarildeSirfalas said:... I brought a pumpkin with a howling wolf carved into it ...

Ilde, befor you mentioned the howling wolf, I saw a hooded figure facing me holding a glowing palantir next to their left hip with both hands!!!

Now I can also see the wolf, but I can flip the picture back and forth. The mind "has a mind of its own"!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
OMG, Gando, I looked at it differently and can see the same thing! Oh, now that is wild.

*puts the pumpkin on the mantle and admires it*

"This is great, Ilde, everyone will enjoy it."

*finishes decorating and gets a tub filled with water for the apple bobbing*

"I hope we have a nice crowd tonight. I have to go put on my costume. Be back later."

*hurries out*
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Now you mention it Gando, I can see the hooded figure, too!

I'm glad you enoy the pumpkin either way

I've also done my yearly ritual of watching 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'... and I'm not a big-on-Halloween person.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*looks around at the decorations and smells cinnamon in the air*

"Happy Halloween to everyone! I hope this is a night of merriment for all. And don't forget to think of your loved ones who are gone. The veil between the worlds is thinnest this night and it is a good time to remember them."

*takes a pumpkin spice cup of coffee and sits and relaxes on a big comfy chair near an open window*
Akari
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, i'm kind of new here but I wanted to say hello everyone here and introduce myself - I'm Akari by the way. Pleasure to meet you all!
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Akari! I hope you enjoy the CoE forum and website!
Image Image
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Post Happy Birthday to Lindarielwen!
on: December 02, 2015 06:11
*passes out glasses of cider and fills mugs with hot chocolate, tea and coffee*

I propose a birthday toast for Lindarielwen!
You have done so much to keep Crossed Paths and the site going. But most of all, you are a good friend. I can't speak for the others, but for me you are one of the main reasons I come back to CoE. You always have a kind word and are always there to listen. So here's to you. May you find joy in your life and experience all the beauty in the world!

*clinks glasses with everyone and goes to sip her cider at the window. A star shoots across the sky and disappears - but not before she made a wish*

[Edited on 12/02/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*enjoys the cider, sees the same shooting star and also makes a wish*

My life is full of happiness, Song, just because you are a part of it. You are the one who always has a kind word and is there for me as a dear friend. Your cheerful outlook has brought me many a smile. I look forward to knowing you for the rest of my days.

ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, a toast to Lindarielwen! Who is also a reason I always come back to CoE after absences... to see how she is doing!

Many well wishes and Savo 'lass a lalaith, Linda
Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Ilde, such a beautiful thing to say to me. Hantanyel.

There is no way I could possibly let you all know how much you mean to me.

All I can say is knowing you and having you in my life means more to me than I could ever tell you.

And you know what? YOU are the reason I check in, just to see what you have been up to. It goes both ways my wonderful sweet friends.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
May the sun shine on all of you.

[Edited on 12/04/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*Looks around at the empty inn*

"Where is everybody? Are you all busy getting ready for Christmas? My tree is up and some presents are wrapped."

*sips a bit of ale and relaxes in front of the fire"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Next Thursday is Christmas Eve.

[Edited on 12/17/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Very belatedly joins in the toast for Lindarielwen* You have always been such a sweet, dear friend to me. I hope that your days are merry and bright. Thank you for beings such a wonderful friend! *sips cider*

Our tree has been up since just after Thanksgiving. I love to sit in the living room and gaze at the sparkling tree. I can't believe it's already this time of year!

Lindarielwen, how are your kitties doing? Have they gotten into mischief with the tree?

I hope everyone's plans for Christmas are going smoothly and that you all have the brightest and happiest of Christmases this year.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*sips some cider and looks at Mareth*

"Thank you my sweet friend, Mareth, for all your happy wishes. You are a joy in my life."

*sits next to her friend*

"The kitties all love the tree. Legolas has claimed it this year and has actually climbed up the bottom branches and laid on the boughs. How we laughed! They are leaving the tinsel alone and Khaleesi only pulled 2 ornaments down."

May the Spirit of Christmas be with everyone all year
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
Comes sneaking in and sits in the darkest corner, looking at what everyone is doing
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 12/20/2015 by Estel Telcontar]
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 12/20/2015 by Estel Telcontar]
Luthien16
Council Member
Send Message
My dear! Happy belated birthday to you and merry Christmas!

I have been in snow once when I went to a winter camp in high school, we came after a huge storm so there was snow everywhere. It was very beautiful! But unfortunately it did not snow again while we were there, so I have yet to see (or hear) snow actually falling. I'm sure it is lovely!

One of my chickens has turned out to be a rooster! So now every morning he starts going off, it is really quite charming!

It is such a relief to be on Christmas break, school is very quite exhausting! Is anybody here doing anything special for the holidays?
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
I'm going to seek out what you can do for Yule, the paganfest.
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
you?
Luthien16
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, I am sure that would be rather quite interesting!

Myself? I am enjoying having the time off and will be spending time with family.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Happy Yule everyone! It is time to burn the Yule log. The log is usually cut into 12 pieces and one piece is burned each day...hence, the 12 days of Christmas. Today is the shortest day of the year and starting tomorrow, the sun will begin setting a bit later.

Don't have a log? Well, you can just light a candle every night for the next 12 days.

Happy Yule! Happy Winter Solstice! Happy first day of Winter!
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
I wish you a happy Yule too and all who celebrates Chrismas;Merry Chrismas! Does anyone know what the Sindarin word fo chrismas is?
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
is anyone alive or have the orcs slaughtered you?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Merry Christmas Eve Eve everyone!

Final preparations will be made today. Last minute shopping, planning Christmas dinner, wrapping presents, deciding which Christmas carols to sing...this will be a wonderful happy day.

Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
*decorates the whole inn*
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
*pops in to the Inn to drop off a plate of Christmas cookies and some mugds of Caramel Fudge hot chocolates*

Not staying long, everyone. I'm just going to leave these here for you to enjoy!

EDIT: Sorry the first image stopped working, I have since replaced it

[Edited on 12/25/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
<< First1314151617Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email