Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1516171819Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Happy Leap Year Day, to all. The girls get to ask the guys for their hand in marriage today.

*studies grocery list*

I have to get to the store and get supplies for my....romantic dinner tonight.

*rushes off*

Have a great day, everyone!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Lindarielwen said:Happy Leap Year Day, to all. The girls get to ask the guys for their hand in marriage today.
..... and you did!

Image on your engagement! You got yourself a good one.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
(nods happily)

He is such a wonderful man. We got our marriage license this afternoon.

*sits and pours wine in several goblets*

Who will join me in a toast for happiness?

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Congrats, Linda!!!!!!

*drinks her health enthusiastically*

I know you will be very happy!!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Now that is one February 29 tradition I have never heard of!

Congratulations Linda! Image
(I'll stick to The Professor's - and my - preferred beverage)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
That is interesting that you did not know about the February 29 marriage proposal thing. Maybe it's regional.

Thanks for the good wishes Evil~Shieldmaiden, elfmaiden77 and Gando. I still don't know what I'm going to wear.

*rushes off to go shopping*

[Edited on 03/04/2016 by Lindarielwen]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
The tradition of women being able to ask men to marry them on February 29th is fairly common. I found this in Wikipedia:

There is a popular tradition known as Bachelor's Day in some countries allowing a woman to propose marriage to a man on February 29. If the man refuses, he then is obliged to give the woman money or buy her a dress. In upper-class societies in Europe, if the man refuses marriage, he then must purchase 12 pairs of gloves for the woman, suggesting that the gloves are to hide the woman's embarrassment of not having an engagement ring. In Ireland, the tradition is supposed to originate from a deal that Saint Bridget struck with Saint Patrick.

The American 'Sadie Hawkins Day' tradition created by cartoonist Al Capp in his Lil' Abner comic strip is clearly based on this tradition.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
One day in every 1461 - how scared are the guys in these places? And never mind the places where it's zero days - sad.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I always thought February 29 was called Sadie Hawkins Day. The idea of the woman asking the guy to marry stemmed from the comic series Li'l Abner and first appeared in the comic on November 15, 1937. The day has long been celebrated on the 15th of November and Al Capp made it a tradition in his comic strip for over 4 decades.

Hey, but I don't know and I don't care. February 29th worked out good for this girl.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Congratulations, Linda! (Sorry it is belated - university got the better of me once again!)
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Good wishes are good wishes no matter when they are sent. Thank you, Ilde.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Congratulations Lindarielwen! May your days together be many and blessed. Use well the days!

*brings your favorite flowers to decorate the inn*
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*looks with delight at all the sunflowers placed around the inn*

Here, everyone, I have brought a layer of my wedding cake for all of you to enjoy. It is a lemon cake with buttercream icing. I hope you like it.

*get out plates and forks*
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Congrats, Lind!!

Wow. I haven't been in here in forever! I randomly decided to stick my nose back in tonight. Hope everyone's been doing well! I've just been busy with school.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, great to see you! I hope you can hang around a bit.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Congratulations! All the best and may never ending happiness be with you Lady Lindarielwen!

I've been away rangering in the wilds of life the last half dozen months. Much has been going on and has taken me away from the joys of visiting and roleplaying here with you fine folks.

I did bring some exotic spices and have these pure maize corn chips and some white bean dip and some pico de Gallo for your enjoyment. So yeah, don't mind me, I'll just sit over here sipping my Ekim Viking Pale Ale...
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
*finishes off the chips, dip and Pico de Gallo himself, and brews himself a cup of mellow Brazilian coffee and sits back in the comfy chair and enjoys. Life is Good*
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Lord Arveleg. Marriage agrees with me.

You have been away for quite a while but things here have pretty much remained the same. I am very interested in the white bean dip. How do you make it?

*finishes the last slice of wedding cake and gets a big glass of milk*

I agree with you, Lord Arveleg, life is good.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Glad to hear from you again Sir(Lord) Arveleg! I hope these last few months have treated you well And you Linda, I hope you're enjoying married life!

I, however, on my last leg of my university degree, I'll soon have a start date for my new job, my new uniforms have been ordered... I just need to hand in this dratted dissertation (2 weeks encounting *cries*). And I'll be a full-time responsible adult (again).

How are my other CoE friends doing?

*grabs a coffee and puts down a plate of shortbread biscuits*

[Edited on 04/09/2016 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
About to start Finals for my second semester freshman year of college. I'm so stressed and would much rather be reading the Silmarillion for the nth time than my textbooks.

*grabs a cookie and lays on couch*
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hello at long last. Hope you are all doing good. Not sure how much time I will spend here due to health issues but I will be here when I can. Miss you all.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I'm glad to see you back. You've been greatly missed. I knew you haven't been feeling well for a bit.

Image Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, I have missed all of you. I will try to be here as often as I can
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hoping your ills will flee Lady Lindarielwen. You are missed when you are not here.
Who am I to talk when I'm not here all that much myself.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Lord Arveleg. You have not been around in quite a while yourself. Ah, things to do.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings, friends!
It hath been far too long since I last laid eyes on this delightful place!
How are all you wonderful people doing?
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It has been a tad slow around here. I have been around a little more lately trying to get back in the swing of things. How have you been, dear one? Have you been drawing?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'm sorry to hear you have been unwell, Linda I've not been around myself either, for various reasons . I've missed everyone, but I have been especially worried about you! I hope you are feeling better, but as a now qualified healthcare professional, make sure you rest up, eat enough, and drink plenty of fluids! Or I'll send my mini-minions to make sure you do!

How has everyone else been since I was last in town on the forum?

[Edited on 07/07/2016 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Just wanted to let the patrons of the Green Dragon Inn that Lindarielwen passed away on July 15, 2016, following a brief battle with cancer.

Gone too soon.
Rest in peace, my friend.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
My grief knows no bounds as I know that it does for everyone else here. She was surely one of the dearest souls I have known. Farewell, Maiden of the Stars. I will never forget you or stop loving you.

Thank you for letting us know E~S
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'm so sad to hear this news. Lindarielwen was the first person on CoE to welcome and chat with me

Thank you for letting us know E~S She will be sorely missed within the CoE community. Farewell, dear Linda, may you rest in peace.
Image Image
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Image Image Image
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Image I am very sorry to hear the news of Lindarielwen's passing. She was one of my first friends on this site, and she made me feel welcome here. Even today, I was looking forward to her return, and now she never will. The Council of Elrond has lost a cherished member, and she will be missed by many of us.

[Edited on 07/27/2016 by limwencaevudoriel]
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
I'm very sad to hear this news of Lindarielwen. Losing someone, even an internet friend, is never easy. Most of you probably don't know me but if you ever need to talk about it I've got a listening ear.
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Just a small poem that I came up with titled

The Goodbye of Lindarielwen

As I stand, in front of you
You are looking, but see right through
Search your heart, for I will he here
To heal your pain, and to dry your tear
Now its time, for me to go
To a place, you can't follow