Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1819202122Last >>
Author Topic:
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I've missed all my fellow CoE members! It's been a strange last few months, and because I lack Wifi at the new house, I'm struggling to keep up to date with anything! However, I do manage to use it at work, and I go to my In-Law's home to use hers for the time being

My house does have a fire, but it only heats the one room! So I've dotted mini heaters around until everything is sorted. I'm in the final stages of decorating, too. So soon everything will come together nicely.

Thanks for helping me carry everything in E~S! I think I overdid it this time, but I've been away for so long, it felt necessary

*grabs a seat and loosens scarf slightly*

I think I'll make a fresh pot of coffee. Any one else fancy a cup?
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
I think I'll have a some with peppermint, thanks! As of an hour ago CoE definitely does have some news to talk about.

Lord of the Rings -PREQUEL- TV show. Could be a disaster. Could give us a taste of what Aragorn was up to in the South and East of the Misty Mountains. Maybe a look into the Sons of Elrond. Or maybe a total disaster.

*Graciously accepts finished cup of coffee*

I will, at least, be making regular updates about it on my blog. Because this is huge for the fandom, whether one's excited or not.
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*looks at Weavie*

"So it's definitely going ahead. You could be right about how it's received by the public. I think fans of the films will have difficulty relating to some of the characters, as the actors have be indelibly tied to their Tolkien counterparts. On the other hand, people who haven't read the books, but have heard about them might enjoy seeing them in series form. I'm not actually sure how I feel about it at this stage."

*accepts a cup of freshly brewed coffee, and a homemade shortbread cookie, from Ildë*

"Thanks, Ildë! The shortbread looks amazing. I can't wait to tuck into it."
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
*nods to ES*

"Yep, definitely going ahead. It's kinda crazy. Next stage is as you said, casting. I hope we get a good Aragorn if they do go the Dunedain route. I can't think of anyone I'd definitely want to see as Aragorn, but I could totally see Hayley Atwell as Arwen, or Eva Green as Galadriel. If they include those two. My pick for Aragorn is unfortunately a Game of Thrones character which would mean a no..."

*Looks around and sips drink*
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
A wassail and a wassail and a very merry Yuletide to all! Here's a Yule log to put on the fire and some holly boughs and ivy to deck the halls. Sing farewell to the old year and welcome in the new. I've brought some spiced wine to mull by the fire and a figgy pudding, although I'd go easy with that if I were you.

Where's the tree?
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks through the door dragging in a nice sized tree*
Sorry I took so long, you try telling Treebeard about Christmas and the point of having Christmas Tree.
I'm glad he didn't decide to hold an Entmoot to discuss if this tree was anyone's distant relative.
Before I put it up I need a drink
*walks to the bar and orders an ale*
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
*begins stringing the lights...white AND colored of course*

Anyone have any hot chocolate lying around? With little white fluffy marshmallows. And maybe a raspberry jam cookie or two.
morelkor
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks in with arms full of Christmas treats (including hot chocolate, but with iced coffee for me cuz it's hot here )*

Would anyone be able to put on a playlist of Christmas carols???
I ain't been droppin' no eaves, sir, honest.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*walks in with swirling snow acting as a comet-like tail*

"Wow! The place looks fantastic! Merry Christmas, everyone! I've brought one of my English trifles for dessert. It's a bit heavy, so I would appreciate some help bringing it in. God forbid, I should drop it now, having got it this far."

*laughs, and turns to go outside, followed by L_S*

Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*walks back in carrying the trifle and pretends to trip over just to see peoples facial expressions. Puts the trifle onto the nearest table*

The trifle looks delicious E-S, come on did you really think I was going to trip over. I will get some plates,spoons and a knife.

*comes back from the kitchen with plates and cutlery and starts serving*

ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
*stands up and stretches*

After a wonderful Christmas I am now ready for second Christmas. Who's with me?
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
The drunk ranger hears about 2nd... something called Christmas, and stands up and says,

"Yeah! Time for 2nds!"
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*dusts off cloak as she walks through the door*

Greetings! It has been many long days since I last set foot in this lovely place. How does everyone fair?
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Eruwestiel*waves* welcome back to the Green Dragon. Everything is fine Easter is just around the corner so I will be shopping for Easter eggs soon.
How is your family?
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Lady Song! The place is always brighter and that much happier when you are around!
May life be blessed for you, adn may you bless us with your presence!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you both for the warm welcome!

My family is well. I have not seen them for maybe moneths, but we talk on the phone occasionally. Hopefully I will see them in May.

My deepest appreciation for the kind words, Sir Arveleg. It is wonderful to be here.

[Edited on 03/29/2018 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Lady Song! So very nice to see you in this fine establishment again. I have been somewhat absent of late myself. *looks around* Things haven't changed much, and I see there's fresh coffee available. I think I'll fetch a cup. Anyone else ready for a refill? *stands up*
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
"Me! I'll have a 're-fill'. Is it Farmers Brothers?
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
*peers in*

Seems pretty quiet around here these days. Anybody in here?! *sits at a table sipping tea*
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Well, taking Hana... - errr, I mean Arveleg's post in early April above, that's about when our 5-month drought and heat period began. Our summer, in meteorological terms "only" June, July and August, was "only" the second-hottest on record, not quite reaching 2003, but beating 2015, which was also seriously unamusing. But taking the 5-month period April to August, the record books for drought and heat may be sadly in tatters.

So at least for my part, I can say that I was probably lying around sweltering in the "coolest" place I could find in our apartment (all east-facing rooms including my computer etc. room not having a snowball's chance for that title), trying to reduce any movement beyond unavoidable breathing to a minimum.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Ahh that makes sense. England was pretty ridiculously (and suprisingly) warm too. Not that I mind, I quite like being warm. At the start of July I was in Valencia, so I managed to at least enjoy Summer how it was meant to be enjoyed haha. Then for the rest of the time, I've been just working, working, working. And wedding planning...
Image Image
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
ItarildeSirfalas said:... And wedding planning...

Erm ... your own? (Me guy. We no have brain storage spaces for that.)
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, my own I don't think I'm managing planning my own, let alone someone else's!
Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Congratulations, Ildë! I've been involved in wedding planning (not my own) in the past, and it was fraught with sand traps, and land-mines. Sending positive energy your way.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks E~S! The main thing is that the church (as per my other half's wishes), reception venue and my dress is sorted. Everything else is an added bonus haha. But no less stressful!
Image Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*hugs Ildë*

"Grab a seat by the fireplace, and I'll fetch us something hot to drink.
Coffee? Tea? Cocoa?"
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
"I will have a strong coffee E~S"
*Walks over to Ilde and gives her a hand shake and then a hug*
"Congratulations Ilde on having a Wedding and try not to worry it will turn out great"
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you both And I think a black coffee for me, please.
I'm managing, I just didn't think it would be as big a job as it is! One job just leads to 10 more at the minute!
Image Image
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
*shuffles into the inn and walks over to the fireplace*
Hello! How is everyone doing on this fine day?
Lembas! One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!
tarcolan
Send Message
Well well, we haven't seen you in here before young'un. A drink on the house for Bella! Welcome, pull up a chair.
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
*tiptoes in and stands in the corner near the fireplace *
Hi everyone!
tarcolan
Send Message
Can someone give me a hand getting the tree in? It's quite big, I think we'll need to take the window out.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
I will help, mind you I don't think they'll be to happy if we take the window out. Better hope the tree you got was not one of Treebeard's cousins.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Umm, what I vaguely remember is that somewhere (non-canonical, I believe) Merry and Pipping were mulling over the question whether is was such a good idea to be smoking pipe-weed (something I would notice!) in Treebeard's presence - distant relations and whatnot. Which would be an issue for Gandalf, Aragorn and Gimli, too (possibly the only "non-junkie" was Legolas - and maybe Boromir).

Personally, what little I know about the pipe-weed plant would indicate that it was rather among the plants that would have been tended by the Entwives, rather than proper trees. Which might make the topic interesting for Treebeard for an entirely different reason. Anyway, nowadays all of the Fellowship except for Legolas would be indulging their little vice outside, in the current season with jackets on (like me on our balcony). But then careless handling of real candles on indoor trees could lead to a rather less pleasant development of smoke indoors ... so be careful in your decorating!
tarcolan
Send Message
Fascinating Gando. Meanwhile can you hold the door open for us please? Thanks.
*L_S and me carry tree in the door and get stuck*
<< First1819202122Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email