Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1920212223Last >>
Author Topic:
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*stuck between several branches and the door frame*
Well the good thing is that there doesn't seem to be any tree sap on me or on this side of the tree. I hate the stuff especially when it takes ages to get it off. How's your side tarc any sap?
* looks over and sees tarcolan covered in sap and surprisingly chuckling*
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
God Jul Everyone!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Who called me a sap? *spits out needles* I think we should've done it trunk first. OK back up and turn it round. To me a bit, to you, to me, to you. That's better. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. *we wedge it in a corner* It's too tall. *gets saw and cuts top off* There! It looks a bit silly now. Perhaps I should've cut some off the trunk instead. *cuts some off trunk then ties top back on*
The landlord has banned having candles on the tree after last year. Spoilsport. Where's the decorations?

Happy Yuletide!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Well, from what I know candles and sap are a rather combustive combination, so perhaps the sport the landlord spoiled is not - errr, um - hot it would be, but the enjoyment might be, say, limited. Do we put real nuts and other edibles on it this year? I'm just thinking of what the squirrels did last year, sorta ...
tarcolan
Send Message
Good point. It was ghastly seeing flaming squirrels running about, even though they did look quite festive. How about ribbons, buttons, bits of coloured glass and so on?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*walks in*

Greetings peeps! I hope everybody had a festive Christmas. I love the holiday but, by the time it's over, I feel like I've been pole-axed. I've brought some fixings for sandwiches, if somebody would like to make coffee, tea, or chocolate, we can have liunch.

*looks around and notices a rather sad looking conifer wedged into a corner*

Good grief, where did you get that sad specimen, and why doesn't it have any lights on it?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Well, err, um, ah ... we had, so to speak, a learning curve about how to get a tree through the door sensibly, and how to fit it to the ceiling height sensibly. Now next Christmas, we'll get it right on the first try. Image
tarcolan
Send Message
Great news everyone. E~S has volunteered to do the tree next year. So kind of you petal. Now wouldn't you like to have a mug of mulled cider? Stick that hot poker in it then put in this little bag of spices from the South. There's ginger and cloves, and a strange one called cinnamon. The lady told me it was a bone of the phoenix bird, very rare. Does five gold pieces sound about right? I had to haggle.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Did somebody just mention 'hot poker' .....?

*sips at mulled cider*
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Eh? Oh, I haven't played card games for ages ... and the one I last did would probably mean litle or nothing to you.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Greetings peeps! I hope the new year has started well. We've been having unseasonable warm weather that is raising unrealistic dreams of spring. It's east to forget we still have February to test our resolve.

Out of sheer curiosity, Gando, what was the card game you last played?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Skat, possibly the German card game.

By the way, if we need to dispose of the coniferous tree after removing the decorations, I've heard somewhere that Oliphaunts like snacking on them.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
*barges through the door, straight to the fire*

Goodness, it's freezing outside today! Well, this place has changed slightly! Hello all, it's been quite a while I believe!

Belated Happy New Year to all, and I hope you all had wonderful festive seasons

How are we all, since I last wandered in?
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
tarcolan
Send Message
Welcome and a similarly pleasant New Year to you as well. You're just in time to sit by the fire, before L_S gets here and hogs the hearth as usual.

Gando, are we to understand that you intend to take the tree down to Harad? Or are you hiding an Oliphaunt in your barn?
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks in and sees tarc sitting close to the fire*
The fires all yours it is Summer where I come from nice 30 plus degrees Celsius,
I can’t see Gando going of to Harad can you? He will either get lost or captured*

Does anyone want some ale?

[Edited on 01/15/2019 by Lord_Sauron]
tarcolan
Send Message
I'll have a pint of Fletcher's Nutty Slack please.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
*pours the drink a passes it to tarc*

I heard that old Butterbur is thinking about leaving the Prancing Pony to come here, which I of do not believe.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Isn't there an Oliphaunt hiding somewhere east of the Anduin? The one that Sam and Frodo saw ...
tarcolan
Send Message
Cheers L_S! And good cheer to you all. *takes a gulp of ale*. Good as always, and better than Barliman's Best I'd say. I hope you're wrong L_S, I can't see Mr. Butterbur crouching all the time in here.

That's a very interesting point Gando. Where's the Oliphaunt. Shall we organise an expedition to find it? Maybe not though, not after the last one. It got a bit out of hand I seem to remember. After getting thrown out of all the forums, E~S getting told off for gratuitous doggie roasting, the thread was deleted for bringing CoE into disrepute. Not before I'd copied it all though, if anyone's interested.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Eh wot? That expedition must have been before my time, at least I have no memories of it.

But we might be able to put that coniferous tree to limited use. Except for Oliphaunts, all plant-eaters would only nibble at it and leave at least the trunk and branches. We could make it more obvious by hanging the tree on something up high enough that nothing but an Oliphaunt could reach it. And we should do this in an area that will easily show footprints ...
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
It’s been SO long since I wandered ‘round here! *grabs a pint and finds a seat at the table*

[Edited on 01/19/2019 by Lothara]
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Welcome back, Lothara! There are muffins and your choice of hot beverage. Help yourself.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Lothara.

[Edited on 01/26/2019 by Lord_Sauron]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*enters after shaking off her umbrella*

Hi Lothara! Nice to see you around.

*looks around, shivering*

I need a hot drink. I'm going to get a coffee. Does anyone else want anything?
tarcolan
Send Message
I'll have a hot apple and ginger please.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Speaking of apples I remember when Sam threw one at Bill Ferny which hit him straight in his nose

[Edited on 01/30/2019 by Lord_Sauron]
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
About that coniferous tree. The easier way of disposal would be to cut it into the right size bits and then feed the fireplace with it. Supposed to give off quite a nice smell, as fires go, and for any so inclined, perhaps an interesting flavor to toasted marshmallows.
tarcolan
Send Message
I thought we were going to use it as oliphaunt bait?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Well, nobody got very exited about that proposal. And it is several hundred leagues to the Anduin. This would be a possibilty of disposing of it with no travel.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
By the time you both have decided on how to get rid of that dead Christmas tree, we would be getting ready for Easter. Well just look at that,Easter is just a few weeks off and the tree is still here The good thing is, at least you two aren’t Ents! it would have been Christmas again and we would have been stuck with two trees
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Going to the other end of the size scale as far as criters go, wouldn't termites solve our problem with the tree (it is quite dried out by now)?
tarcolan
Send Message
Termites, terrrrmites. No, never heard of 'em. Are they like beavers?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, no, they don't like water, not to swim in, anyway. But a beaver, yes, that might be an appreciative customer.
tarcolan
Send Message
No beavers round here. Should we go on an expedition to find some and bring them here? Or maybe just take the tree to them. I've never seen any on my travels though. Where do they live? Up north round that lake probably, what's it called?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
As far as I know, beavers have a special affinity for trees. Right. That's all of Mirkwood / Greenwood, Fangorn, Old Forest, unnamed forests on the slopes of every *bleep*ing mountain range of Middle-earth. Probably covers a lot more forest acreage than even that odd Istar Radagast knows. Seems like burning the blasted thing in a campfire, or any kind of fire (and heating some water for coffee or tea of some sort), seems to be the most sensible thing to do. Unless we want to store it for one of those midsummer bonfires - still more than three months away.
<< First1920212223Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email