Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I feel your pain with the tornadoes, Cenor, my cousin, her husband, and their two toddler age children live in Moore, OK.

I would like to announce that the one and only Cenor has started a new Newbie Pub in the RP threads called Dragons Breath Inn. We would love it if you came to join!!!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yes we have actually gotten lots of rain recently but we are 6" below average. They always have an "average" temperature on our forecast but Oklahoma is funny. One day its hot the other its cold. The sun will be shining while its pouring rain. Our motto is "stick around if you don't like the weather like as not it will change in 24 hours."

Thanks for spreading the news about the Dragon's Breath Maxie. I have this dread that the thread will die before its born .
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Ha ha! In Texas, it's "if you don't like the weather, wait 20 min.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I'll take blizzards in a heartbeat.

Cenor, I responded to you about Across ther Great Sea.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, I have also discovered a site for smileys! It is http://www.freesmileys.org/ and it's really easy to navigate. Check it out! Image
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oh cool smileys I'll stick to the boring ones . Thanks for responding I tried crossed paths just recently. I want to stick my head into RPing more. But RP seems to be unpopular somehow no one has kept a thread open in TR except Crossed Paths.

Here in Oklahoma our highest temp was 113 but I don't really believe it because the weather people take the temperature in the shade. What's the highest temp. in your neck of the woods Rhodilwen?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
We rarely break 100 here in Buffalo, but during our one blizzard this past year our actual temperature was -20 without the windchill and something like -38 with it. We had four days off from school.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*grumbles as she comes through the door* "I do wish the blasted deer would stay away from my plants. Oh well, in a couple of days my new fence will be up."

*crosses to the side board where she picks up a mug of coffee and a couple of freshly baked oatmeal-raison cookies* "mmm .... these are delicious. How is everybody? The weather here remains fabulous. We have had a few showers over night, but the days have been sunny, if a bit cool."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It is begining to get warm here now. The air conditioners hve been put into the windows.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
It's broken 100 degrees here and where I'm located for school this summer is always pretty windy and dusty so that's always fun. Lol!
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Have you ever had a heat stroke, anybody? I get sick from the heat usually onc or twice a year. I have never had to be hospitalized, though.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Nope no strokes. Talking about crazy weather we were driving the sun is shining nothing on the radar. It starts RAINING! Out of the blue.

I live about thirty minutes from Moore the tornado was five miles from my house when it came down and it missed my dad and his emploies driving home by two miles. Guess where my mom sister and I were.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
In shelter? A good guess.

It breaks my heart when I hear my four year old cousin tell me about the tornado. Poor baby.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*meanders back in and sits down in favorite armchair by fire and props feet up on a footstool* Hi! Is there any chocolate around here? I'm desperately craving some... Ooh! Is that chocolate cake I see Mr. Hopvine taking out of the oven? Maybe there's some Bywater Blonde hiding somewhere....
Bubbledragon
Council Member
Send Message
*walks in like an unbidden ghost from the past*
Good heavens! Heaps of time seems to have gone by my friends! How I longed to have people to talk to about the Tolkien Universe!
How have you all been?
Mr.Hopvine, drinks for everyone, on me!
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Hi Bubbledragon! Long time no see. How are you? It looks like everyone is on holiday or at least out enjoying the summer. Pull up a chair, take the weight off the floor.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Bubbledragon! I will pass on the drinks, but thank you.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48 said:In shelter? A good guess.

No but we were ready to go.

Hey same here. I have not acquired a taste for any alcoholic beverages since I am under age.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Wow! I can't believe it's been almost three months since I last dropped in for a coffee. I hope everybody had a great summer. Mine was busy, but very enjoyable.

I see Lindarielwen hasn't been around either which is something of a disaster as she's our muffin baker. I do hope she'll come around and bake us some chocolate chip muffins. They're my favourite.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Mmmmm, these muffins smell so good. I did not bake in months. I know Evil~Shieldmaiden likes the chocolate chip ones so I made a double batch. Off to the Inn, I go.

*Enters Inn, and takes a quick look around* Evil~Shieldmaiden, how happy I am to see you here. Look what I made, especially for you! *Puts muffins on table and sits down.* Help yourself. Is there any fresh coffee brewing?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
stands up and takes plate from Lindarielwen

We don't have to make coffee. They have a fancy new machine and it makes individual cups of coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Boy these muffins are scrumptious. How are you? How has your summer been?
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*runs in a grabs a muffin and orders a hot drink* Whew! The wind is really blowing outside!! Hey guys!! Good to see some business around here again! Can't stay even though my armchair is calling from beside the fire. Grad school has me going about a million miles an hour. Another test to study for!! *runs back out the door with drink in hand*
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks in just as Rhodilwen is charging towards the door, but sidesteps just in time to avoid being trampled* Goodbye Rhodi, I hope you pass the test with flying colors! And Hello to the rest of you! *Heads for the newfangled drink maker* Now...cocoa or cider? Oh well, might as well have half a cup of each.

*Takes both mugs and sits down at the table with Lidarielwen and Evil~Shieldmaiden* There wouldn't happen to be any lemon-blueberry muffins around here, would there?
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
*Comes in for a hot one before heading off to sleep*

"I'll have a shot of espresso. Been up late writing RP and trying to do the fine writers I'm collaborating with justice."

*The steaming sound of one full shot is heard, and passed over the counter. I sip it at first to taste and try not to burn my lip. I turn around and lean against the counter as I hear someone mention lemon blueberry muffins. He lifts his espresso shot glass to the voice asking about them, and downs it.

"Good Sunday night from down under!"

I yawn, and head off to get some sleep before having to get up for work in the morning.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*Lindarielwen heads off to the kitchens to whip up a batch of lemon-blueberry muffins*

Welcome, welcome! We've been sitting here for a while wondering where everybody is. It's been a busy summer for most of us I guess. I can't wait for the new batch of muffins! Thanks for suggesting the flavour, Eruwestiel. Sorry you can't stay long, Arveleg; maybe we'll see you around again. They're supposed to be getting a new chef, but I'm not sure who it will be.

*grabs a fresh coffee and sits down by the fire*
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
*peeks around the door*

What is that amazing smell? Mind if I come in and join you guys?
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Baking! Baking! Word of this better not get out.

Carrying out the freshly made lemon-bluberry muffins, I see there are many more people now at the Inn. It is a good thing I made a triple batch so there should be enough.

I head to the fireplace and put the muffins in front of Evil~ Shieldmaiden, giving her first dibs. She eyes them and takes four. I go back to the counter and put them down for everyone else and then get a cup of triple shot expresso before going back to the fireplace to join Evil~Shieldmaiden. Oh, it is nice and warm here and I take several sips of the charged up expresso. Now content, I turn to E~S and ask, "How are the boys?"
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
The boys are just fine. They had their appointment with the vet yesterday, and we got their immunizations sorted out .... turned out only Connor needed them. Finn had his incision checked and its healing nicely. They both behaved themselves beautifully (for once), and go high marks for handsomeness.

*takes a large bite out of the first muffin* mmmm .... you've outdone yourself, Lindarielwen, these muffins are delicious. *polishes it off and begins on second muffin* I'm going to have to watch my waistline, if you keep making such amazing muffins. Mind you, you should be off the hook once the new chef arrives. Do you have any idea who it might be? I've heard they've hired someone away from the Prancing Pony, but I don't know how accurate that is.

*gets up and makes another coffee; then returns to her seat where she polishes off muffins three and four*

[Edited on 10/21/2014 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Scoots over from far side of bar.* *takes muffin* Mmmmmmmm! Lindarielwen why didn't you tell me that you could bake?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen took another sip of her expresso and put one of the last muffins in front of her. Song was happily eating her muffin and E~S quickly finished her fourth. "To answer your question, Cenor, I did not tell you because baking is not something I am fond of doing. In fact, cooking in any way is not something I am fond of doing."

"Evil~Shieldmaiden, I am delighted to hear your boys are doing well. And Seamus? What of Seamus?" Another sip of hot expresso was taken. "I hope you are correct when you say a new chef is on the way. While we are waiting for this new arrival, why don't we all take a turn in the kitchen? Song, something tells me you can make many delectable dishes."
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Starts on second (or third) muffin* Lindarielwen, these are wonderful! As for cooking, yes, I can cook. I mainly make such things as cornbread, herbal teas, and occasionally soup. Generally though, I would prefer to be out in the garden than cooking.

However, I do not mind taking a shift as chef. *Stands and goes to the kitchen, from which a clanging of pots and pans soon issues*

[Edited on 10/24/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Song, a nice hot bowl of soup on this beautiful Autumn day sounds good to me. Do you have a specialty soup?"

takes last sip of expresso and just sits quietly near the fire with E~S
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*pokes head out of kitchen* "Lindarielwen, how does chicken soup sound? That's what I usually make." *thinks* "We will also need bread and a dessert. Any suggestions?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Chicken soup sounds wonderful to me. E~S has a great chicken stew recipe you might like to try. As for bread, maybe pumpkin bread would be a nice change and as for dessert, E~S also has a wonderful recipe for triffle. You must talk to her about it."

sits contentedly next to E~S and watches the fire.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Did I hear chicken soup?? Love chicken soup, especially with rice! It is a bit warm for it here right now though, but still.... I'm in!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email