Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh that sounds amazing Arveleg! I too look forward to pictures.

So what is weather like in your neck of the woods? I know Maxie's, cold and snowy
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Here in Briz-vegas, we had really hot (40°C/103°F) dry weather over last weekend while the G20 was going on. They pretty much closed down the central business district for the weekend, then wanted locals to come into the city because the businesses were hurting. Trouble was you had so many security checks and such to try and clear that it was a big hassle.

Weather then got more humid each day while remaining warm, and yesterday we had our first summer storm. It was kind of like a river flowing out of the sky! Some places got 50mm of rain within an hour!

I will get some pix up when I get to it, likely this weekend.
We have a farmers market this weekend, so I may make some Pico de Gallo, especially since I got some good low salt corn chips yesterday!

Anyone up for some tacos?
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am glad for the heat that you have, Arveleg. Better the heat than the cold. I await your pictures. What is Pico de Gallo? I would love some, whatever it is.

*finishes coffee and starts on hot chocolate* Well, now, this is the third day of no school. And it looks like that there will be none tomorrow, as well. I will get some pictures up in a bit, hopefully.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
How is everyone doing other than being hot or freezing? I have been doing well, and can't wait until Thanksgiving! It is only a week away now.

Tacos sound great! But in the meantime I will provide a snack. *Dumps bag of cookie bites into an ornate leaf shaped bowl* Some cocoa would go nice with that I think. *Fills a mug and sits down near the fire after grabbing a handful of little cookies* Oh yes, and there is a stack of warm blankets over there in the corner for anyone who wants one.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have been doing well. School is beginning to pick up, as usual, but only two days next week for Thanksgiving break.

Cooke bites? I have not heard of that treat before. What is it? *takes a blanket from the extra stash* I think i will put the kettle on now, I think.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Good to hear you are doing well other than the snow. Actually, the cookie bites are just something I made up. I think of them somewhat as mini Chips Ahoy cookies. Either that or little almond flavored cookies, with a nice crunch.

I think I will have a cup of Earl Grey tea when the water comes to a boil.

*Gets up and fills more bowls with snackable treats*
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*looks up from the chair where she has been sleeping*

Did someone say tacos? I haven't had tacos in a long time. I will be making shepherd's pie later. It'll be a while though so tacos will make a nice snack.

I'm glad our cold weather is over and we're back to our mild temperatures and rain.

*refills mug with fresh coffee and sits back down*
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*kettle finishes boiling* I am glad that everyone is faring well. It sounds like we will be having quite a feast, when we all begin to cook!

*plops in tea bag* It is no longer snowing, but now the clean up begins! Have any of you begun to make holiday plans? *hands cup of tea to Song*

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Accepts the cup of tea and takes a sip* Thank you Maxie, this is perfect! As for plans, yes we do have a few. My sister will be home for Thanksgiving for the first time since 2010. I am just a little overjoyed about that. And we may have another girl going over as well.
Oh yes, and some of my best friends will be back for Thanksgiving as well. Am I excited? Very much so. *Grins and just barely refrains from doing a happy dance on the table*
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Here's some taco fixin's for anyone who wants tacos to build their own. I have made the spiced mince from turkey as it's lighter, less greasy, and really holds the flavour of the spices ( I made the seasoning myself). We have fresh tomatoes, sone chopped and some sliced, and fresh iceberg lettuce (the cutting was still oozing white sap), and you can have it shredded, cut, or whole leaf. The leftover Pico de Gallo (base recipe back a few posts) can be used for sauce, or if you prefer, there is some fresh Jalapeno green taco sauce too. I have the baked hard-shell yellow corn Gringo tortilla shells, or the white corn soft tortillas if you prefer soft tacos.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Yum! *fixes taco and starts munching* These are amazing!

Now, here is a snack to tide us over until the next meal. *sets out plates filled with summer sausage, cheese and crackers* Some hot chocolate would go splendidly with that. *Goes to the drink maker and returns with a tray of steaming mugs, each one piled high with whipped cream* There are peppermint candy canes here to put in it if you like.

*Sits down with a mug and snack plate of crackers* Mmm...this is so good! *looks around the room* But you know what this place needs? A bit of Christmas cheer! We should hold a decorating party to get ready for the holiday. *mentally begins making a list of all the supplies we will need*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Assembles a taco and eats it* That was incredible! Tacos are definitely one of my favorites.

*Fills plate with Song's snack and snags a mug of hot cocoa* I think pretty much the only thing we do around here is talk and eat. *munches snack* You are right, Song. We should decorate!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I know that technically Christmas would not be celebrated in Middle Earth, but then, they probably wouldn't eat tacos in ME either.

At least some lights and garland would look nice. What say you?
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
What? You haven't heard of South Gondor Tacos??? How about Haradian Harissa?? Tagine of Khand???

I have some smoked Wagyu sausage, some triple cream Bree, some apple slices, fig, nuts, and some fine Hobbiton wheat crackers on a hardwood board for folks to snack on!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Song, I believe the Hobbits celebrated Yule on December 22, which is usually the first day of Winter. (it varies...21-22)

So by all means, let us decorate. Pine garland would smell so nice.

*takes mug of hot chocolate and a peppermint stick and joins Evil~Shieldmaiden*

"Will you be getting a Christmas tree? Khaleesi went with me yesterday to pick one out and she chose an 8 footer. It will take until the weekend to get it decorated but for now, it is in the stand and all the kitties are enjoying sleeping under it. How are Conor and Finn? Have they been chasing Seamus?"
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*takes a sip of her coffee*

The little black demons are just fine. Growing like weeds and getting into plenty of mischief. I will be putting up a few decorations but will forgo a tree this year as I'm sure it won't stay up very long .... LOL. Seamus is trying to convince me to put the tree up as it will divert them away from him. They're all getting along swimmingly and Seamus is teaching them all the wrong things. How is Khaleesi doing?

*stops to eat some of her taco*

Boy these tacos are amazing! I'm enjoying a chicken one. Have you all had some? I will put together a slow cooker pot roast together for Sunday and you're all invited. I'm doing a slow cooker one as I will be decorating the yard for most of the day. My neighbour, thank goodness, is pitching in to help me. The neighbourhood is rather competitive when it comes to decorating.

*gets up to place her plate and mug in the dishwasher; noticing it's full: adds soap and begins cycle*

Must go for now but I'll be back on Sunday with the pot roast. Anybody baking some bread? How about a dessert? See you all later.

*steps out into the cold air and crosses the road to her car*

Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
mmm.... pot roast (sounding too much like Homer Simpson).
Drive easy on those icy roads! Watch for understeer if you are driving a front-wheel drive car, and watch for the fishtail if you're driving a rear-wheel drive. Don't be over-confident if you're driving a 4 wheel drive....

What has everyone planned for Yule? we'll be getting a half-ham roast and roast baby potatoes. Lunch will likely be at the local pub.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Evil~Shieldmaiden, pot roast sounds good to me. I wouldn't mind eating some real food instead of all this snack type fare.

*Goes into kitchen* Is there anything I can help with? Song, do you have ideas as to where the garland should go? We will need a ladder or at least a step stool. I can stay for a while but I must get back home to finish decorating my tree. How about a small tree here at the Inn? I can bring a live one that has it's root ball and we can plant it after Yule.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*turns to Lindarielwen* Thanks for the offer but everything is under control right now. The pot roast is in the slow cooker and should be done just in time for dinner tonight. If you wouldn't mind, maybe you could look into getting us some nice fresh bread rolls. They will be needed to sop up the gravy.

How is Miss Khaleesi doing? The boys are growing like weeds, and still getting into all sorts of trouble. They're so much fun: I'm glad I got them.

I think a live tree would be awesome. Since I'm not putting up a tree this year I can loan the inn some of my decorations. I have some beautiful Victorian tinsel, and tons of lights.

*glances around kitchen then leaves with Lindarielwen to go fetch the tree*
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, real food does sound good. *looks around* What about a strand of garland over the mantle and above the doors and windows? We could twine in pieces of ribbon and add some spiced pinecones. I will go outside and find some small evergreen branches to make into garland.

*puts on cloak and goes out. Returns an hour later with arms full of garland* I got the branches and went home to put them together before returning. *sets it down and tosses a brown paper bag onto a table* There are the trimmings for it.

Lindarielwen, it would be wonderful to have a tree! It is even better that we can plant it afterwards. I will clear a place for the tree right after I get done with this garland. Anyone want to help me?

[Edited on 12/08/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
MiraSkyfury
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Everyone! Merry christmas/X-Mas! I new too Concil of Elrond! Just thought I would come in and say Hi!
“Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*Back with E~S and a good sized small tree. We take it and put it in the middle of the great room*

Greetings to you MiraSkyFury, welcome! Come, join us in some food and drink. We are starting to decorate for Christmas and could use some help!

Song, the garland smells wonderful Oh, how I love this time of year. *gets some hot chocolate to warm up*
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*hums to self*

Greetings MiraSkyFury! You're just in time for our Christmas party. Lindarielwen and I have been busy decorating the tree and everybody is making something to bring to the party.

*turns and admires tree*

All it needs is some presents under it and it will be perfect.

To All My Friends at the Green Dragon Inn

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*Happily looks at tree* "The tree looks wonderful as do all the decorations. I think the Christmas Party will be splendid. I am not sure what appetizer I am bringing." *Sips some hot chocolate*

"E~S, are the cats enjoying the season? Drago and Maggie May have been sleeping under the tree and Khaleesi is being very good about not touching the ornaments. Christmas Eve might change all that because I will give them all catnip at midnight. Are you getting the boys something special?"

*Starts looking at cd's to play for the party*
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*Saunters back into Inn* Hello everyone! The tree looks lovely! *orders a drink or two* I finally finished a hectic semester of grad school and just got back from a week of traveling to see family and friends. I'm very much tired.
Welcome, Mira! Good to see new faces!
Everyone ready for Christmas? *settles into armchair by fire and props feet up*
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Opens eyes and stretches* Ah, I must have nodded off. Welcome, MiraSkyFury! *goes to kitchen to warm up the remaining cocoa in my mug* *returns* This Inn is looking very lovely. *twines some white Christmas lights with some garland and places it on the mantle*
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, Merry Christmas to all of you! *hands out gifts* I hope you all have a splendid day! *Goes to kitchen and emerges some time later bearing many platters* Come one and all to enjoy a Christmas feast!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Merry Christmas, everyone! *gives out more gifts* I hope you all are having a lovely time. *sips cocoa* I know I've been having an enjoyable day. It has mostly consisted of reading a book I've really been wanting that I received this morning. But I have done some other things, as well.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Merry Christmas everyone! This has been the most wonderful of days...filled with good food, good friends and good presents!" *Looks at the beautiful angel with kitty statue I received from some dear friends*

"Let us eat and be merry! Let us enjoy the company of good friends!"

*Raises mug of hot chocolate*

"A toast! To all of you...a Merry Christmas and may the blessings of this day be with you always!"
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Hear, hear! And I wish the same to you! *Clinks mugs with my friends then takes a sip of the delicious hot chocolate*

I am glad you liked the gift! I have received many wonderful things this day as well. It truly has been the best of days, not because of the presents I received, but because of the gifts I already had. Jesus, and all my family and friends. *smiles*

And now, let us all enjoy each other's company for awhile longer. Turn up the music and bring out the food!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*Takes a final sip of holiday cheer and looks around at the mess on the floor*

It seems we all had a good time opening presents! Now for cleanup...but first...what did everyone get for Christmas?

I got a Frozen dvd and so look forward to watching it. I also got earrings shaped like stars and a wonderful ring with a pink stone and what is called a *wish bracelet* that I will start to wear on New Year's Day. I got candles that smell like the ocean and soap that smells like lemon. And I have a deer friend who is writing a book and he is going to write...Dedicated to Linda, a true Elven princess

*Goes to find a broom*
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
This is a mess. *Goes and collects garbage bags for the gift wrap* I got several wonderful gifts on Christmas. Light bulbs and a sponge for my aquarium, a Pop Chef kit to make cool shapes from food, and a Calligraphy set and book. For shared gifts, there were DVDs about herbs, two nice microscopes and a hat/scarf. So many nice gifts! Plus all the lovely cards I received from people here. *Looks at the pretty card with snowflake stickers in it*

*Picks up trash and sets the bag beside the door to go out. Collects dirty dishes and puts them in the dishwasher*
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message

Happy New Year to the patrons of the Green Dragon Inn.
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email